|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who regularly accepts Yakukichi's stories?
(a) A national journal.
(b) A local literary magazine.
(c) A local newspaper.
(d) An international publisher.
2. What does the storyteller say frightens horses across the region?
(a) Green Smoke.
(b) Yellow Dust.
(c) White Smoke.
(d) Orange Dust.
3. What does the story-teller say Hanaburo's legs collapse like?
(a) A bombed tower.
(b) A shot deer.
(c) A burst balloon.
(d) Shrivelled balloons.
4. What word does the author hear over the phone?
5. What does the author say he wants someone to do to him?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Hold him.
(c) Strangle the life from him.
(d) Tell him nice things.
6. What are the nationality of the two men in the office?
7. What can't the narrator concentrate on writing his article?
(a) He is too tired.
(b) The baby is crying.
(c) His wife is nagging.
(d) He is worried.
8. What is Fujita's rank in the army?
9. Who visits Tsuneko at the end of the story?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Henry Barrett.
(c) The two Chinese men.
10. What does Hanzaburo become obsessed with hiding?
(a) His money.
(b) His legs.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His will.
11. What is the man sitting next to him on the train is wearing?
(a) Shorts and a t-shirt.
(b) A suit.
(c) A pair of jeans.
(d) A rain coat.
12. Who congratulates Yasukichi for his eulogy?
(a) Honda's father.
(b) Honda's sister.
13. Who did Akutagawa give the textual fragments to?
(a) Harold Bishop.
(b) Franz Kafka.
(c) Kume Masao.
(d) Akira Kia.
14. What part of Tokyo was Shinsuke brought up in?
15. Who does the narrator say was a troublemaker?
(a) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shinsuke start to take a dislike of?
2. What does Shinsuke say his parents fake?
3. What does the critic call Yasukichi's writings?
4. Why do the Chinese men panic?
5. What is the only part of the author's brother-in-law's face that stays intact?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)