|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasukichi fill the eulogy with?
(a) Passionate word and jokes.
(b) Sentimental claptrap and cliche.
(c) Family words and dark similes.
(d) Sincere sentiments and love.
2. What does the author's wife say she has had a premonition about?
(a) Her own death.
(b) Civil War.
(c) World War.
(d) Akutagawa's death.
3. What kind of milk was Shinsuke raised on?
(a) Cow's milk.
(b) Wolf's milk.
(c) Cat's milk.
(d) Goat's milk.
4. What does the narrator's father try to bribe the narrator with?
(d) Ice cream.
5. What does Hanzaburo die of?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A stroke.
(d) Typhoid fever.
6. What part of Tokyo was Shinsuke brought up in?
7. What religious figure does the author thinks exists?
(a) The Devil
(b) Angel Gabriel.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) Angel Michael.
8. What does the author say he wants someone to do to him?
(a) Strangle the life from him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Tell him nice things.
(d) Hold him.
9. What become Shinsuke's primary pastime?
10. What is the name of the river Shinsuke visits with his father?
(a) Honjo River.
(b) Tomkins River.
(c) Sumida River.
(d) Juniper River.
11. In what mood does the author's wife arrive home in?
12. Who does Yasukichi work for?
(a) The Japanese Goverment.
(b) The Naval Engineering School.
(c) The Japanese Paratroopers.
(d) The British Council.
13. Who does the author believe is chasing him?
14. What did Honda die from?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A war wound.
(c) A stroke.
(d) Typhoid fever.
15. How did Akutagawa's brother-in-law kill himself?
(a) He jumped off a bridge.
(b) He hung himself.
(c) He threw himself in front of a train.
(d) He slit his throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who punishes Shinsuke for being smart?
2. What kind of dresses did Hatsuku wear?
3. What does Shinsuke call the diary he wants to write?
4. What does the story-teller say Hanaburo's legs collapse like?
5. What is Fujita's rank in the army?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)