|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasuckichi have to write for Lieutenant Honda?
(a) A poem.
(b) A biography.
(c) An eulogy.
(d) A report.
2. What does Hanzaburo become obsessed with hiding?
(a) His will.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His money.
(d) His legs.
3. Who does the author believe is chasing him?
4. What did Honda die from?
(a) Typhoid fever.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A war wound.
(d) A heart attack.
5. What was Akutagawa's brother-in-law wearing when he died?
(a) A rain coat.
(b) A stetson.
(c) A robe.
(d) A pair of jeans.
6. What does the author hear a man mention that something is?
7. What does the author apologize for at the beginning of the story?
(a) That he he has to tell such a tired tale.
(b) That his memory is not the best.
(c) That he may may make the reader feel sick.
(d) That such an ordinary man is the protaganist.
8. What word does the author hear over the phone?
9. What is Shinsuke's primary factor in determining whether someone is his friend?
10. What does the storyteller say Hanzaburo's legs are covered with?
11. What is Sasaki's rank?
12. What is the second story made up of?
(a) Diary entries.
(d) Textual fragments.
13. What painter does Akutagawa talk about?
(a) Van Gogh.
14. What does Shinsuke say his parents fake?
(a) A low stature.
(b) A better upbringing.
15. What does the author's wife say she has had a premonition about?
(a) Civil War.
(b) Akutagawa's death.
(c) Her own death.
(d) World War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of beauty does Honjo appreciate?
2. What does the narrator's father try to bribe the narrator with?
3. What is the man sitting next to him on the train is wearing?
4. Whose obituary is printed at the end of the story?
5. Who does Yasukichi hear crying?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)