|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the critic call Yasukichi's writings?
(a) Dull and techically awful.
(b) Ramblings of a genuis.
(d) Spare-time jottings.
2. What does Akutagawa think is imminent?
(b) An illness.
(c) His death.
3. Who does the narrator say was a troublemaker?
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
4. What does the narrator witness when he is 28?
(a) The murder of his adoptive parents.
(b) A robbery.
(c) The death of his father.
(d) A car accident.
5. What does Akutagawa panic about losing?
(a) His slipper.
(b) His cigarettes.
(c) His phone.
(d) His hat.
6. What is the title of the final story?
(a) The Question of Art.
(b) The Life of a Stupid Man.
(c) Give Me your Hat.
(d) Is it Worth it?
7. What does Hanzaburo become obsessed with hiding?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His will.
(c) His money.
(d) His legs.
8. What city was Shinsuke born in?
9. What does Yasukichi enjoy writing?
(a) Short stories.
10. What does Yasukichi feel when he realizes people like his eulogy?
11. Who was the next of the narrator's family to die?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His youngest brother.
(d) His eldest sister.
12. What religious figure does the author thinks exists?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) Angel Gabriel.
(c) The Devil
(d) Angel Michael.
13. What is Shinsuke's primary factor in determining whether someone is his friend?
14. What does Shinsuke call the diary he wants to write?
(a) Diary of Hope.
(b) Diary without Self-Deceit.
(c) Poverty Pourings.
(d) The Diary of the Forgotten.
15. What does Hanzaburo tell his wife to do to stop his legs from kicking?
(a) Sit on them.
(b) Bind them.
(c) Chop them off.
(d) Hold them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only part of the author's brother-in-law's face that stays intact?
2. Where does Hanzaburo wake up?
3. What does Akutagawa call the girl he has an affair with?
4. What is Shinsuke very poor at when he is young?
5. What is the second story made up of?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)