|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say Yoshihide watches his daughter burn?
(a) With religious reverance.
(b) With hellish torture.
(c) With tears in his eyes.
(d) With a swell of laughter.
2. Who is the second testimony from?
(a) A thief.
(b) A woodcutter.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A priest.
3. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
(a) He resuscitated an old man.
(b) He took in an orphan child.
(c) He refrained from stamping on a spider.
(d) He saved a drowning dog.
4. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
(c) Sesame seeds.
5. What kind of fake flower does O-Kimi have in her apartment?
(a) A coronation.
(b) A lily.
(c) A daisy.
(d) A rose.
6. What does Kanazawa use to kill himself?
(a) His sword.
(b) His gun.
(c) Tajamaru's sword.
(d) His wife's dagger.
7. What had the ghost been haunting that the Lord of Harikawa supposedly exorcised?
(a) A temple.
(b) A library.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A mountain cave.
8. What does the doctor say Shino's daughter is suffering from?
(b) Typhoid fever.
(d) The flu.
9. What does the sign say will ascend from the pond?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A giant.
(c) A whale.
(d) A serpent.
10. Who does the Lord decide to burn inside the carriage?
(b) His chief lady-in-waiting.
(c) Yoshihide's daughter.
(d) His monkey.
11. What is the name of the man Shino marries?
12. What does Shuri order his men to do to Rin'emon?
(a) Knight him.
(b) Hang him.
(c) Strangle him.
(d) Banish him.
13. What does Yoshihide do after he completes his painting?
(a) He marries.
(b) He moves to China.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He destroys the painting.
14. What kind of life does Xiao-er say he would live if he had a second chance?
(a) A life of sin.
(b) A life of traveling.
(c) A life of virtue.
(d) A life of fun.
15. What are Christians sentenced to in O-Gin?
(a) A work camp.
(b) Buried alive.
(c) Burn at the stake.
(d) Hot coals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the priest say the man looked like?
2. Who does E'in try to avenge in this story?
3. What is Yoshihide caught stealing from the Lord?
4. What is the name of the painter who created the Hell Screen?
5. What is Kandata in hell for?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)