|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vegetables does O-Kimi see for sale?
(a) Green onions.
2. What does Shuri do to himself to atone for the murder he commits?
(a) Pulls out his hair.
(b) Cuts off his thumbs.
(c) Blinds himself.
(d) Rips of his finger nails.
3. What musician has O-Kimi confused President Woodrow Wilson for?
4. What had the ghost been haunting that the Lord of Harikawa supposedly exorcised?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A library.
(c) A temple.
(d) A mountain cave.
5. What does Kanazawa use to kill himself?
(a) Tajamaru's sword.
(b) His gun.
(c) His sword.
(d) His wife's dagger.
6. Where does the servant spend the night?
(a) The temple.
(b) The Rashomon.
(c) The palace.
(d) The Ran.
7. For what reason does Shuri relinquish his title as Head of House?
(a) His old age.
(b) His mental illness.
(c) His depression.
(d) His bad back.
8. How does the narrator say Yoshihide watches his daughter burn?
(a) With tears in his eyes.
(b) With a swell of laughter.
(c) With hellish torture.
(d) With religious reverance.
9. Which two countries are fighting?
(a) Tibet and Tawain.
(b) Korea and Vietnam.
(c) Thailand and Cambodia.
(d) Japan and China.
10. What does Yoshihide have have to paint on?
(a) A window.
(b) A canvas.
(c) A wall.
(d) A screen.
11. What religion does Shino convert to?
12. Who is Yoshihide over-protective of?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
13. Who does the Lord decide to burn inside the carriage?
(a) His chief lady-in-waiting.
(c) His monkey.
(d) Yoshihide's daughter.
14. What does the old woman say the dead woman try to sell snake meat as?
15. What does the Lord ask Yoshihide to paint?
(a) The monkey.
(d) The palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fake flower does O-Kimi have in her apartment?
2. Where does the narrator say Yoshihide is probably joining his daughter?
3. What is the name of the garden Buddha is strolling through?
4. What erupts before the dragon rises from the pond?
5. Where does Kimura say he met Xiao-er?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)