|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What knocks Xiao off of his horse?
(a) A pole.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A brick.
2. For what reason does Shuri relinquish his title as Head of House?
(a) His old age.
(b) His depression.
(c) His mental illness.
(d) His bad back.
3. What does the sign say will ascend from the pond?
(a) A giant.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A whale.
(d) A serpent.
4. Who is the second testimony from?
(a) A woodcutter.
(b) A priest.
(c) A thief.
(d) A warrior.
5. What does Zenchi use to pluck out the fat from the nose?
(a) Teeth picks.
(b) A monkey wrench.
(c) A piece of string.
6. What is the name of the man Shino marries?
7. What does Yoshihide have have to paint on?
(a) A window.
(b) A wall.
(c) A canvas.
(d) A screen.
8. What is Maejima Rin'emon's position in the house?
(a) The House Secretary.
(b) The Chief Servant.
(c) The House Elder.
(d) The Chief Advisor.
9. What kind of animal does Yoshihide look and move like?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A gorilla.
(d) A koala.
10. What kind of fake flower does O-Kimi have in her apartment?
(a) A coronation.
(b) A daisy.
(c) A rose.
(d) A lily.
11. What is the name of the man O-Kimi falls in love with?
12. Why do people think Yoshihide can paint the fires of hell so well?
(a) His house burned down.
(b) He is in close contact with the devil.
(c) He once saw a city fire.
(d) He almost burned to death.
13. What is the name of the main character in Horse Legs?
14. Where does Nara post his sign?
(a) Outside the school gates.
(b) Near the police station.
(c) Near Sarusawa Pond.
(d) Outside theh temple.
15. Where does Kimura say he met Xiao-er?
(a) On the battle field.
(b) In school.
(c) In China.
(d) In hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous knight does O-Kimi compare Tanaka to?
2. What does Shuri do to himself to atone for the murder he commits?
3. Who does the Lord decide to burn inside the carriage?
4. What does the author say is the most frightening tale about the Lord of Harikawa?
5. What erupts before the dragon rises from the pond?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)