|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the the name of the woman character in Dr. Ogata Ryosai?
2. What is Zenchi's chief characteristic?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His feet.
(c) His nose.
(d) His hair.
3. What does Shino make a living doing?
(a) Card making.
4. What religion does Shino convert to?
5. What is the name of the painter who created the Hell Screen?
6. Which part of the Hell screen frightens everyone with its power?
(a) The firestorm.
(b) The devil bonfire.
(c) The fire circle.
(d) The buddhist slaves.
7. What is the young burning inside of?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A palace.
(c) A cell.
(d) A shack.
8. What are O-Kimi and Tanaka going to watch in the neighboring town?
(a) A circus.
(b) A fight.
(c) A play.
(d) A film.
9. What happens when Kandata yells at the other climbers?
(a) His hands begin to burn.
(b) His tongue falls out.
(c) They throw stones at him.
(d) He falls back down to hell.
10. Where does the narrator say Yoshihide is probably joining his daughter?
11. How is it claimed Sato was brought back to life?
(a) She was prayed back to life.
(b) She fought off the devil.
(c) Jesus breathed her back to life.
(d) She was sent back from heaven.
12. What knocks Xiao off of his horse?
(a) A pole.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A brick.
13. What is the name of the main character in Horse Legs?
14. Who does the Lord decide to burn inside the carriage?
(a) His chief lady-in-waiting.
(b) His monkey.
(d) Yoshihide's daughter.
15. What does the author say is the most frightening tale about the Lord of Harikawa?
(a) The Wrong Ones.
(b) The Ring of Fire.
(c) The Hell Screen.
(d) Devil Bats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people think Yoshihide can paint the fires of hell so well?
2. Who gives Zenchi the nose-shortening treatment?
3. Where does Kimura say he met Xiao-er?
4. Who is Yoshihide over-protective of?
5. In the Hell Screen, who is the servant a narrator for?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)