|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Shino convert to?
2. Why do people think Yoshihide can paint the fires of hell so well?
(a) He almost burned to death.
(b) His house burned down.
(c) He is in close contact with the devil.
(d) He once saw a city fire.
3. In the Hell Screen, who is the servant a narrator for?
(a) Lord Janus.
(b) Lord of Tokoyo.
(c) Lord Buddha.
(d) Lord of Harikawa
4. What does Shuri do to himself to atone for the murder he commits?
(a) Blinds himself.
(b) Cuts off his thumbs.
(c) Pulls out his hair.
(d) Rips of his finger nails.
5. What is the name of the main character in Horse Legs?
6. What does Shuri order his men to do to Rin'emon?
(a) Knight him.
(b) Strangle him.
(c) Hang him.
(d) Banish him.
7. Who is watching the scene from Paradise?
(a) Disciple Rasha.
(b) Priest Yuha.
(c) Angel Gabriel.
(d) Lord Buddha.
8. Who makes the first testimony in the Bamboo Grove?
(a) The hawk trainer.
(b) The businessman.
(c) The priest.
(d) The woodcutter.
9. What is Maejima Rin'emon's position in the house?
(a) The House Elder.
(b) The House Secretary.
(c) The Chief Advisor.
(d) The Chief Servant.
10. What kind of life does Xiao-er say he would live if he had a second chance?
(a) A life of fun.
(b) A life of virtue.
(c) A life of sin.
(d) A life of traveling.
11. What does the old woman pluck hairs from?
(a) A corpse.
(b) A bear.
(c) A hog.
(d) A bird.
12. What did the woodcutter discover in the bamboo grove?
(a) A stolen pig.
(b) A dead chicken.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A stolen horse.
13. For what reason does Shuri relinquish his title as Head of House?
(a) His mental illness.
(b) His depression.
(c) His bad back.
(d) His old age.
14. What does the old woman say the dead woman try to sell snake meat as?
15. What kind of vegetables does O-Kimi see for sale?
(d) Green onions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kimura say he met Xiao-er?
2. What had the ghost been haunting that the Lord of Harikawa supposedly exorcised?
3. What is the name of the man Shino marries?
4. What is Kandata in hell for?
5. What does Yoshihide do after he completes his painting?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)