|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old woman say the dead woman try to sell snake meat as?
2. What is the name of the main character in Horse Legs?
3. What happens when Kandata yells at the other climbers?
(a) His tongue falls out.
(b) His hands begin to burn.
(c) They throw stones at him.
(d) He falls back down to hell.
4. What does the servant think he can do to survive?
(b) Drug deal.
(c) Gun deal.
5. What position does the Lord promote Yoshihide's daughter to?
(a) Junior lady-in-waiting.
(b) Chief secretary.
(c) Junior massager.
(d) Lead Geisha.
6. What kind of fake flower does O-Kimi have in her apartment?
(a) A coronation.
(b) A rose.
(c) A daisy.
(d) A lily.
7. Where does Nara post his sign?
(a) Near the police station.
(b) Outside the school gates.
(c) Outside theh temple.
(d) Near Sarusawa Pond.
8. How does the narrator say Yoshihide watches his daughter burn?
(a) With a swell of laughter.
(b) With tears in his eyes.
(c) With religious reverance.
(d) With hellish torture.
9. What is the name of O-Kimi's rival waitress?
10. What had the ghost been haunting that the Lord of Harikawa supposedly exorcised?
(a) A temple.
(b) A mountain cave.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A library.
11. What does Shino make a living doing?
(c) Card making.
12. What is seppuku?
(a) A royal family.
(b) A religious ceremony.
(c) Ritual suicide.
(d) An initiation test.
13. Why do people think Yoshihide can paint the fires of hell so well?
(a) He almost burned to death.
(b) His house burned down.
(c) He is in close contact with the devil.
(d) He once saw a city fire.
14. What is the name of the garden Buddha is strolling through?
15. What musician has O-Kimi confused President Woodrow Wilson for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the painter who created the Hell Screen?
2. What does the old woman say she is gathering hair to make?
3. What knocks Xiao off of his horse?
4. What does Yoshihide do after he completes his painting?
5. What does O-Kimi realize she has to take responsibility of?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)