|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Shino convert to?
2. What happens when Kandata yells at the other climbers?
(a) He falls back down to hell.
(b) They throw stones at him.
(c) His tongue falls out.
(d) His hands begin to burn.
3. What is the doctor says he he will give Shino's daughter a diagnosis?
(a) If she renounces her religion.
(b) If she marries him.
(c) If she gives him her daughter.
(d) If she leaves the village.
4. What kind of books does O-Kimi enjoy?
5. What does Zenchi feat when his nose reddens and swells?
(a) His nose is growing back.
(b) He has angered Buddha.
(c) He has caused an infection.
(d) He has caught a disease.
6. Where does Kimura say he met Xiao-er?
(a) In China.
(b) On the battle field.
(c) In school.
(d) In hospital.
7. What does Yoshihide do after he completes his painting?
(a) He marries.
(b) He moves to China.
(c) He destroys the painting.
(d) He hangs himself.
8. What kind of life does Xiao-er say he would live if he had a second chance?
(a) A life of virtue.
(b) A life of fun.
(c) A life of traveling.
(d) A life of sin.
9. What is the the name of the woman character in Dr. Ogata Ryosai?
10. What does Buddha hang down into hell?
(a) A spider's thread.
(b) Parcel string.
(c) A sailor's rope.
(d) A snake skin.
11. What position does the Lord promote Yoshihide's daughter to?
(a) Chief secretary.
(b) Lead Geisha.
(c) Junior massager.
(d) Junior lady-in-waiting.
12. What is seppuku?
(a) A royal family.
(b) An initiation test.
(c) A religious ceremony.
(d) Ritual suicide.
13. Why do people think Yoshihide can paint the fires of hell so well?
(a) His house burned down.
(b) He almost burned to death.
(c) He once saw a city fire.
(d) He is in close contact with the devil.
14. What is the name of the main character in Horse Legs?
15. What does Shuri order his men to do to Rin'emon?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Hang him.
(c) Knight him.
(d) Banish him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are O-Kimi and Tanaka going to watch in the neighboring town?
2. How does the narrator say Yoshihide watches his daughter burn?
3. What erupts before the dragon rises from the pond?
4. Who makes the first testimony in the Bamboo Grove?
5. What does Shino make a living doing?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)