|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
(b) Sesame seeds.
2. What does the doctor say Shino's daughter is suffering from?
(a) The flu.
(b) Typhoid fever.
3. What was Tajomaru caught with?
(a) A stolen bible and hat.
(b) A stolen robe and cart.
(c) A stolen pig and sword.
(d) A stolen horse and bow.
4. What member of E'in visits him in this story?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
5. What musician has O-Kimi confused President Woodrow Wilson for?
6. What does Zenchi feat when his nose reddens and swells?
(a) He has caused an infection.
(b) He has caught a disease.
(c) He has angered Buddha.
(d) His nose is growing back.
7. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
(a) He took in an orphan child.
(b) He resuscitated an old man.
(c) He refrained from stamping on a spider.
(d) He saved a drowning dog.
8. What does Buddha hang down into hell?
(a) A snake skin.
(b) Parcel string.
(c) A sailor's rope.
(d) A spider's thread.
9. Who does the Lord decide to burn inside the carriage?
(a) His chief lady-in-waiting.
(b) Yoshihide's daughter.
(d) His monkey.
10. What position does the Lord promote Yoshihide's daughter to?
(a) Lead Geisha.
(b) Junior massager.
(c) Chief secretary.
(d) Junior lady-in-waiting.
11. What erupts before the dragon rises from the pond?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) The sun.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A volcano.
12. What does Zenchi use to pluck out the fat from the nose?
(b) A monkey wrench.
(c) Teeth picks.
(d) A piece of string.
13. What kind of life does Xiao-er say he would live if he had a second chance?
(a) A life of sin.
(b) A life of virtue.
(c) A life of fun.
(d) A life of traveling.
14. What is the the name of the woman character in Dr. Ogata Ryosai?
15. What does the narrator say Yoshihide's painting fill one with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion do O-Gin's parents practise?
2. What does the servant think he can do to survive?
3. Where does the servant spend the night?
4. What does Yoshihide have have to paint on?
5. Who is the Lord of Harikawa known to survived a battle with?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)