|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Lord decide to burn inside the carriage?
(a) His monkey.
(b) Yoshihide's daughter.
(d) His chief lady-in-waiting.
2. What does Shino make a living doing?
(d) Card making.
3. What is the doctor says he he will give Shino's daughter a diagnosis?
(a) If she renounces her religion.
(b) If she gives him her daughter.
(c) If she leaves the village.
(d) If she marries him.
4. Where does the narrator say Yoshihide is probably joining his daughter?
5. What is the Rashomon?
(a) A flag.
(b) A statue.
(c) A gate.
(d) A palace.
6. What does Yoshihide have have to paint on?
(a) A wall.
(b) A window.
(c) A screen.
(d) A canvas.
7. What religion do O-Gin's parents practise?
8. What does Xiao drop when something slams into his neck?
(a) His helmet.
(b) His sword.
(c) His dagger.
(d) His shield.
9. What does Zenchi use to pluck out the fat from the nose?
(a) Teeth picks.
(c) A piece of string.
(d) A monkey wrench.
10. What famous knight does O-Kimi compare Tanaka to?
(a) Sir Reginald.
(b) The Red Barron.
(c) Sir Lancelot.
(d) King Arthur.
11. What member of E'in visits him in this story?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His sister.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
12. Who does E'in try to avenge in this story?
(a) The school children.
(b) The townspeople of Nara.
(c) The town policeman.
(d) The town mayor.
13. What kind of test does Buddha say Kandata failed?
(a) A test of love.
(b) A test of faith.
(c) A test of strength.
(d) A test of compassion.
14. What does the sign say will ascend from the pond?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A giant.
(c) A whale.
(d) A serpent.
15. What is Kandata in hell for?
(a) Killing and robbing.
(b) Fraud and rape.
(c) Bigamy and blackmail.
(d) GBH and ABH.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buddha hang down into hell?
2. What does the doctor say Shino's daughter is suffering from?
3. What is Maejima Rin'emon's position in the house?
4. What does the author say is the most frightening tale about the Lord of Harikawa?
5. Where does Nara post his sign?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)