|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Lord ask Yoshihide to paint?
(c) The palace.
(d) The monkey.
2. Where does the narrator say Yoshihide is probably joining his daughter?
3. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
(a) He took in an orphan child.
(b) He saved a drowning dog.
(c) He refrained from stamping on a spider.
(d) He resuscitated an old man.
4. Who is watching the scene from Paradise?
(a) Priest Yuha.
(b) Disciple Rasha.
(c) Lord Buddha.
(d) Angel Gabriel.
5. What does the doctor say Shino's daughter is suffering from?
(a) Typhoid fever.
(d) The flu.
6. What is Yoshihide caught stealing from the Lord?
(a) A deer.
(b) A tangerine.
(c) An apple.
(d) A sheep.
7. How does the narrator say Yoshihide watches his daughter burn?
(a) With religious reverance.
(b) With hellish torture.
(c) With tears in his eyes.
(d) With a swell of laughter.
8. What is the first thing the treatment says once must do to the nose?
(a) Throw it against a wall.
(b) Boil it.
(c) Pluck out its fat.
(d) Stamp on it.
9. For what reason does Shuri relinquish his title as Head of House?
(a) His old age.
(b) His depression.
(c) His mental illness.
(d) His bad back.
10. What does Zenchi use to pluck out the fat from the nose?
(a) A piece of string.
(b) A monkey wrench.
(d) Teeth picks.
11. What was Tajomaru caught with?
(a) A stolen pig and sword.
(b) A stolen robe and cart.
(c) A stolen bible and hat.
(d) A stolen horse and bow.
12. What erupts before the dragon rises from the pond?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) The sun.
(d) A volcano.
13. What religion does Zenchi practice?
14. What is Zenchi's chief characteristic?
(a) His hair.
(b) His feet.
(c) His nose.
(d) His eyes.
15. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
(d) Sesame seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shuri do to himself to atone for the murder he commits?
2. What does the author say is the most frightening tale about the Lord of Harikawa?
3. What do people call Yoshihide behind his back?
4. What is Maejima Rin'emon's position in the house?
5. What does the narrator say Yoshihide's painting fill one with?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)