|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spinning Gears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author apologize for at the beginning of the story?
(a) That he may may make the reader feel sick.
(b) That he he has to tell such a tired tale.
(c) That his memory is not the best.
(d) That such an ordinary man is the protaganist.
2. What does the author use to help him sleep?
(a) Milk and honey.
(b) Sleeping pills.
3. What does a traditional Buddhist funeral begin with?
4. Why do people think Yoshihide can paint the fires of hell so well?
(a) He is in close contact with the devil.
(b) His house burned down.
(c) He almost burned to death.
(d) He once saw a city fire.
5. Who is the Lord of Harikawa known to survived a battle with?
(b) Samurai warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Lord decide to burn inside the carriage?
2. Who does O-Gin tell the police she has abandoned?
3. What does the narrator witness when he is 28?
4. What does O-Kimi realize she has to take responsibility of?
5. What is Maejima Rin'emon's position in the house?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)