|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni call the story Baglioni tells him about Alexander the Great?
2. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
3. What does Beatrice call the rumors circling about her abilities as a gardener?
4. What does the author say Giovanni's pulses had throbbed with?
5. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
2. What does Giovanni sees when he looks into the mirror?
3. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
4. How does Beatrice react to Giovanni's accusations?
5. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
6. Why does Beatrice say she can't show Giovanni around the garden?
7. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
8. What is Giovanni's impression os Beatrice during their first meeting?
9. In what way is it too late when GIovanni finally questions himself and his situation?
10. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does being in love affect Giovanni? Why does it affect so strongly?
Essay Topic 2
What does the beginning of the story suggest it the difference between the north of Italy and the south? How has the south of Italy shaped Giovanni's characters? How do you think the ways of the north will change Giovanni?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is innocence in a important element of the story? What does the author express about innocence and people regard it within society?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)