|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Beatrice grief was beyond?
2. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's bedroom?
3. What does Beatrice call the rumors circling about her abilities as a gardener?
4. What does Baglioni chuckle to himself on the staircase?
5. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
2. How does Giovanni react to Baglioni's claims that Beatrice is manipulating him?
3. How does Giovanni express his anger his anger to Beatrice?
4. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
5. What does Baglioni say when he is alone on the staircase?
6. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
7. What does Giovanni sees when he looks into the mirror?
8. How does Giovanni kill the spider?
9. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
10. How does the one time Beatrice touches Giovanni affect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Rappaccini and Baglioni use Beatrice and Giovanni for their own needs? What comment does their abuse of the two youngsters make on the nature of science, academia and the intellect?
Essay Topic 2
What will happen to Giovanni now the garden has contaminated him? How will he cope?
Essay Topic 3
How is the garden an important element in the story's theme of innocence? What aspects of the garden represent innocence?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)