|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the Indian woman been nourished with since her birth?
2. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
3. What does Beatrice say when Giovanni offers her the antidote?
4. What does Beatrice say her father is fiercely acquainted with?
5. Where does Rappaccini watch Beatrice and Giovanni from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
2. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
3. How does Giovanni kill the spider?
4. What does Giovanni sees when he looks into the mirror?
5. What is the atmosphere between Beatrice and Giovanni when they first meet in this section?
6. How does Baglioni think the story relates to Giovanni?
7. What is Giovanni's impression os Beatrice during their first meeting?
8. In what way is it too late when GIovanni finally questions himself and his situation?
9. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
10. What does Baglioni say when he is alone on the staircase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think Bagilioni's relationship with Rappacchini was like before they became enemies? What suggestions are there in the story that their relationship may have been like this?
Essay Topic 3
What will happen to Giovanni now the garden has contaminated him? How will he cope?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)