|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
2. What does Beatrice say when Giovanni offers her the antidote?
3. What person does Giovanni least expect sympathy from?
4. What is Beatrice's face brightened by?
5. Which of the following words does Giovanni use to describe the plants gorgeousness?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is it too late when GIovanni finally questions himself and his situation?
2. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
3. How does the one time Beatrice touches Giovanni affect?
4. What is the atmosphere between Beatrice and Giovanni when they first meet in this section?
5. How does Baglioni think the story relates to Giovanni?
6. Why doesn't Giovanni want to see Baglioni in this section?
7. What is Giovanni's impression os Beatrice during their first meeting?
8. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
9. What does Baglioni say when he is alone on the staircase?
10. How does Giovanni express his anger his anger to Beatrice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think Bagilioni's relationship with Rappacchini was like before they became enemies? What suggestions are there in the story that their relationship may have been like this?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Baglioni the evil character in the story? How do his actions affect the other characters?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)