|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baglioni tell Giovanni he has been reading lately?
2. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
3. What does Giovanni realize is the fragrance Baglioni smelled?
4. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
5. Where does Beatrice emerge behind from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
2. What is Giovanni's impression os Beatrice during their first meeting?
3. What does Giovanni tell Beatrice about the potion?
4. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
5. What do Beatrice and Giovanni talk about together?
6. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
7. How does Beatrice react to Giovanni's accusations?
8. How does Giovanni express his anger his anger to Beatrice?
9. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
10. Why does Beatrice say she can't show Giovanni around the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does being in love affect Giovanni? Why does it affect so strongly?
Essay Topic 2
How has being poisoned affected Beatrice's life? How do you think she would have coped in society if the antidote worked?
Essay Topic 3
What will happen to Giovanni now the garden has contaminated him? How will he cope?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)