|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
2. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
3. What does Beatrice say her father is fiercely acquainted with?
4. Where does Rappaccini watch Beatrice and Giovanni from?
5. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Giovanni kill the spider?
2. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
3. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
4. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
5. What do Beatrice and Giovanni talk about together?
6. What does Giovanni tell Beatrice about the potion?
7. How does Baglioni react to Beatrice's death?
8. How does Giovanni express his anger his anger to Beatrice?
9. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
10. What does Giovanni sees when he looks into the mirror?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Giovanni's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Giovanni hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his ideas about life?
3. How has Giovanni's character changed by the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is innocence in a important element of the story? What does the author express about innocence and people regard it within society?
Essay Topic 3
What will happen to Giovanni now the garden has contaminated him? How will he cope?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)