|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
2. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
3. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
4. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
5. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Beatrice and Giovanni talk about together?
2. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
3. How does Baglioni react to Beatrice's death?
4. How does Giovanni express his anger his anger to Beatrice?
5. What is Giovanni's impression os Beatrice during their first meeting?
6. How does the one time Beatrice touches Giovanni affect?
7. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
8. What does Giovanni sees when he looks into the mirror?
9. How does Baglioni think the story relates to Giovanni?
10. Why doesn't Giovanni want to see Baglioni in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What will happen to Giovanni now the garden has contaminated him? How will he cope?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)