|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni kill to prove to Beatrice he has been infected by the poisons?
2. What does Beatrice say when Giovanni offers her the antidote?
3. Complete the following sentence "If fame says..."
4. What does Baglioni give Giovanni to help cure Beatrice?
5. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
2. What does Giovanni tell Beatrice about the potion?
3. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
4. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
5. How does Beatrice react to Giovanni's accusations?
6. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
7. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
8. What is the atmosphere between Beatrice and Giovanni when they first meet in this section?
9. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
10. What is the story that Baglioni tells Giovanni in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is innocence in a important element of the story? What does the author express about innocence and people regard it within society?
Essay Topic 2
What similarities does the story have with the Bible story the Fall of Man? What new meaning does the story bring to the Old Testament text?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think Bagilioni's relationship with Rappacchini was like before they became enemies? What suggestions are there in the story that their relationship may have been like this?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)