|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
2. What is the one subject Giovanni says Baglioni is barred from speaking to him about?
3. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
4. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
5. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
2. What does Giovanni sees when he looks into the mirror?
3. What is the story that Baglioni tells Giovanni in this section?
4. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
5. How does the one time Beatrice touches Giovanni affect?
6. Why does Beatrice say she can't show Giovanni around the garden?
7. Why doesn't Giovanni want to see Baglioni in this section?
8. What is Giovanni's impression os Beatrice during their first meeting?
9. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
10. What does Giovanni tell Beatrice about the potion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would Beatrice coped with life if she had lived? Could she ever escaped the garden?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)