|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni feel know more when he gazes into Beatrice's eyes?
2. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
3. What had the Indian woman been nourished with since her birth?
4. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
5. What is Beatrice's face brightened by?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Giovanni react to Baglioni's claims that Beatrice is manipulating him?
2. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
3. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
4. How does Giovanni express his anger his anger to Beatrice?
5. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
6. What is Giovanni's impression os Beatrice during their first meeting?
7. How does Beatrice react to Giovanni's accusations?
8. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
9. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
10. What does Giovanni sees when he looks into the mirror?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Giovanni's life in the south of Italy.
How did it shape him as a person? How does his life change when he comes to Padua? What does suggest are the differences between the areas of the country?
Essay Topic 2
How do Rappaccini and Baglioni use Beatrice and Giovanni for their own needs? What comment does their abuse of the two youngsters make on the nature of science, academia and the intellect?
Essay Topic 3
How would Beatrice coped with life if she had lived? Could she ever escaped the garden?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)