|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
2. What does Giovanni say Beatrice has filled with poison?
3. What does Beatrice's spirit gush out of her like?
4. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
5. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Giovanni's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Giovanni hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his ideas about life?
3. How has Giovanni's character changed by the end of the story?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)