|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
2. What does the author says proceeds from the plants as night closes in?
3. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
4. What does the author say Lisabetta's smile looks like?
5. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Giovanni describe in Lisabetta in this section?
2. How does the insect die?
3. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
4. What is Giovanni's initial opinion of Rappaccini?
5. How does the author describe Rappaccini's garden?
6. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
7. How does Beatrice treat the plants differently to her father?
8. How does Giovanni respond to seeing Baglioni in this section?
9. Why does Giovanni go with Lisabetta if he is so suspicious of her?
10. What is Baglioni's opinion of Rappaccini?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Giovanni's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Giovanni hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his ideas about life?
3. How has Giovanni's character changed by the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does being in love affect Giovanni? Why does it affect so strongly?
Essay Topic 3
What does the beginning of the story suggest it the difference between the north of Italy and the south? How has the south of Italy shaped Giovanni's characters? How do you think the ways of the north will change Giovanni?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)