|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
2. What does Lisabetta call Giovanni when she talks to him?
3. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
4. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
5. What is Baglioni a professor of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
2. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
3. How does the lizard die?
4. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
5. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
6. How does Giovanni describe in Lisabetta in this section?
7. What does this section say about the relationship Baglioni has with Rappaccini?
8. What is Lisabetta's opinion of Dr. Rappaccini?
9. How does Baglioni react to Giovanni's rudeness?
10. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
Essay Topic 1
What does the beginning of the story suggest it the difference between the north of Italy and the south? How has the south of Italy shaped Giovanni's characters? How do you think the ways of the north will change Giovanni?
Essay Topic 2
How does being in love affect Giovanni? Why does it affect so strongly?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)