|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini look lacked?
2. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
3. Who has caused Giovanni's sudden suspicions?
4. What color does Rappaccini dress in?
5. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this section suggest about Giovanni's life thus far?
2. How parts of the story suggest that Giovanni is an innocent?
3. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
4. How does Giovanni try to stop thinking about Beatrice?
5. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
6. How does the author describe Rappaccini's garden?
7. Why does Giovanni go with Lisabetta if he is so suspicious of her?
8. Why does Baglioni say Giovanni should be wary of Rappaccini?
9. What does this section say about the relationship Baglioni has with Rappaccini?
10. How does Beatrice treat the plants differently to her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Rappaccini and Baglioni use Beatrice and Giovanni for their own needs? What comment does their abuse of the two youngsters make on the nature of science, academia and the intellect?
Essay Topic 2
How does being in love affect Giovanni? Why does it affect so strongly?
Essay Topic 3
How would Beatrice coped with life if she had lived? Could she ever escaped the garden?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)