Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
2. What does Lisabetta call Giovanni when she talks to him?
3. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
4. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
5. What is Baglioni a professor of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
2. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
3. How does the lizard die?
4. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
5. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
6. How does Giovanni describe in Lisabetta in this section?
7. What does this section say about the relationship Baglioni has with Rappaccini?
8. What is Lisabetta's opinion of Dr. Rappaccini?
9. How does Baglioni react to Giovanni's rudeness?
10. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Baglioni the evil character in the story? How do his actions affect the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)