|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
2. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
3. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
4. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
5. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Baglioni say Giovanni should be wary of Rappaccini?
2. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
3. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
4. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
5. How does Rappaccino react to seeing both Baglioni and Giovanni?
6. What are Giovanni's first impressions of Beatrice?
7. What is Lisabetta's opinion of Dr. Rappaccini?
8. How has Giovanni's changed at the beginning of this story?
9. What is Baglioni's opinion on Beatrice?
10. How does Beatrice treat the plants differently to her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is Baglioni the evil character in the story? How do his actions affect the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
How does falling in love cause problems for Giovanni? How could he have the troubles that eventually occur at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What will happen to Giovanni now the garden has contaminated him? How will he cope?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)