Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
2. What does Lisabetta call Giovanni when she talks to him?
3. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
4. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
5. What is Baglioni a professor of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
2. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
3. How does the lizard die?
4. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
5. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
6. How does Giovanni describe in Lisabetta in this section?
7. What does this section say about the relationship Baglioni has with Rappaccini?
8. What is Lisabetta's opinion of Dr. Rappaccini?
9. How does Baglioni react to Giovanni's rudeness?
10. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
What do you think Bagilioni's relationship with Rappacchini was like before they became enemies? What suggestions are there in the story that their relationship may have been like this?
How would Beatrice coped with life if she had lived? Could she ever escaped the garden?
In what way is innocence in a important element of the story? What does the author express about innocence and people regard it within society?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)