|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
2. What is Baglioni's first name?
3. Who does Baglioni think is an awful man?
4. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
5. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Giovanni go with Lisabetta if he is so suspicious of her?
2. How has spending so much time in her father's garden affected Beatrice?
3. Describe the journey from Giovanni's house to Rappiccini's garden?
4. How does Rappaccino react to seeing both Baglioni and Giovanni?
5. How does the lizard die?
6. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
7. How does Lisabetta act when Giovanni arrives home?
8. How does Giovanni respond to seeing Baglioni in this section?
9. How does Giovanni try to stop thinking about Beatrice?
10. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Giovanni's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Giovanni hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his ideas about life?
3. How has Giovanni's character changed by the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is innocence in a important element of the story? What does the author express about innocence and people regard it within society?
Essay Topic 3
How does being in love affect Giovanni? Why does it affect so strongly?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)