|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rappaccini greet Baglioni?
2. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
3. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
4. Who does Baglioni think is an awful man?
5. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Giovanni try to stop thinking about Beatrice?
2. Describe the journey from Giovanni's house to Rappiccini's garden?
3. How does Beatrice treat the plants differently to her father?
4. How does Rappaccino react to seeing both Baglioni and Giovanni?
5. What is Baglioni's opinion of Rappaccini?
6. How does Baglioni react to Giovanni's rudeness?
7. How does Lisabetta act when Giovanni arrives home?
8. How does the lizard die?
9. What is Baglioni's opinion on Beatrice?
10. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the beginning of the story suggest it the difference between the north of Italy and the south? How has the south of Italy shaped Giovanni's characters? How do you think the ways of the north will change Giovanni?
Essay Topic 2
How is the garden an important element in the story's theme of innocence? What aspects of the garden represent innocence?
Essay Topic 3
How does being in love affect Giovanni? Why does it affect so strongly?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)