|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
2. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
3. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
4. What is all beneath Giovanni's eye when he first looks out of his window?
5. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Giovanni's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has spending so much time in her father's garden affected Beatrice?
2. How does the lizard die?
3. How does Giovanni respond to seeing Baglioni in this section?
4. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
5. What is Lisabetta's opinion of Dr. Rappaccini?
6. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
7. What signs are there that Rappaccini is afraid to touch the plants?
8. How does Rappaccino react to seeing both Baglioni and Giovanni?
9. What are Giovanni's first impressions of Beatrice?
10. How parts of the story suggest that Giovanni is an innocent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What will happen to Giovanni now the garden has contaminated him? How will he cope?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
How would Beatrice coped with life if she had lived? Could she ever escaped the garden?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)