|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
2. What color is the lizard?
3. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
4. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
5. How does the author say Beatrice gazed at the insect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
2. What is Lisabetta's opinion of Dr. Rappaccini?
3. How does Beatrice react to seeing Giovanni watching her?
4. How does Giovanni respond to seeing Baglioni in this section?
5. What are Giovanni's first impressions of Beatrice?
6. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
7. What is Baglioni's opinion of Rappaccini?
8. Why does Baglioni say Giovanni should be wary of Rappaccini?
9. What is Giovanni's initial opinion of Rappaccini?
10. How does Beatrice treat the plants differently to her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
How would Beatrice coped with life if she had lived? Could she ever escaped the garden?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)