|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Beatrice's haughtiness?
2. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
(a) To pluck his nostril hairs.
(b) To put on perfume.
(c) To look in the mirror.
(d) To comb his hair.
3. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
4. How does Giovanni address Beatrice when he first speaks to her?
(d) Beat box.
5. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
(a) A velvet garment.
(c) Wrapping paper.
(d) A silken garment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Beatrice pause and tremble in this section?
2. Why does Giovanni think there is probably no need to apologize for entering the garden?
3. What places Giovanni at ease when he first sees Beatrice?
4. What does Beatrice say that should be the only thing Giovanni should believe about her?
5. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
2. What does Giovanni tell Beatrice about the potion?
3. How does Giovanni express his anger his anger to Beatrice?
4. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
5. How does Giovanni kill the spider?
6. Why does Beatrice say she feels so close to the purple plant?
7. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
8. What is the atmosphere between Beatrice and Giovanni when they first meet in this section?
9. What does Giovanni sees when he looks into the mirror?
10. How does Beatrice react to Giovanni's accusations?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)