|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is doing violence towards?
(a) His intellect.
(b) His perfect skin.
(c) His gray hairs.
(d) His passion.
2. What does Beatrice call the rumors circling about her abilities as a gardener?
3. What is the one subject Giovanni says Baglioni is barred from speaking to him about?
(b) His father.
(c) The garden.
(d) His studies.
4. How does Giovanni protect his hand?
(a) With a scarf.
(b) With a bandage.
(c) With a plaster.
(d) With a handkerchief.
5. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
(d) Giovanni's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Giovanni think there is probably no need to apologize for entering the garden?
2. What does Beatrice say she has done for the first time in her life?
3. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
4. How does Giovanni address Beatrice when he first speaks to her?
5. What does Giovanni think his eyes possess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Giovanni want to see Baglioni in this section?
2. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
3. In what way is it too late when GIovanni finally questions himself and his situation?
4. What does Giovanni sees when he looks into the mirror?
5. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
6. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
7. What is Giovanni's impression os Beatrice during their first meeting?
8. Why does Beatrice say she feels so close to the purple plant?
9. How does Baglioni react to Beatrice's death?
10. How does Giovanni react to Baglioni's claims that Beatrice is manipulating him?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)