|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beatrice emerge behind from?
(a) The purple plant.
(b) The marble fountain.
(c) The sculptured portal.
(d) An oak tree.
2. What does the author say Giovanni's pulses had throbbed with?
(a) Thin blood.
(b) Feverish blood.
(c) Clotted blood.
(d) Luminous blood.
3. Where does Rappaccini watch Beatrice and Giovanni from?
(a) Giovanni's bedroom.
(b) His garden shed.
(c) The garden entrance.
(d) His bedroom.
4. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
(a) To press to his breast.
(b) To contaminate himself with the poison.
(c) As a memorial to their meeting.
(d) To give to Beatrice.
5. How does Giovanni address Beatrice when he first speaks to her?
(c) Beat box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say that should be the only thing Giovanni should believe about her?
2. What does Beatrice say is the offspring of her father's science?
3. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
4. How does Giovanni protect his hand?
5. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Giovanni kill the spider?
2. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
3. How does Baglioni react to Beatrice's death?
4. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
5. How does Giovanni react to Baglioni's claims that Beatrice is manipulating him?
6. What is the atmosphere between Beatrice and Giovanni when they first meet in this section?
7. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
8. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
9. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
10. What does Baglioni say when he is alone on the staircase?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)