|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
2. What does Beatrice call the rumors circling about her abilities as a gardener?
3. What does Giovanni kill to prove to Beatrice he has been infected by the poisons?
(a) A dog.
(c) A spider.
(d) A lizard.
4. What does Beatrice's spirit gush out of her like?
(a) A fresh salmon.
(b) A fresh rill.
(c) God's words.
5. Who does Giovanni say has pale intelligence in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni feel know more when he gazes into Beatrice's eyes?
2. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's bedroom?
3. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
4. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
5. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
2. What do Beatrice and Giovanni talk about together?
3. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
4. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
5. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
6. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
7. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
8. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
9. How does Giovanni kill the spider?
10. Why doesn't Giovanni want to see Baglioni in this section?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)