|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni wake with a sense of the next day?
2. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
3. Why does Giovanni think there is probably no need to apologize for entering the garden?
(a) Lisabetta owns the garden.
(b) It would be a sign of weakness.
(c) The garden is too beautiful to be kept private.
(d) He is there on Rappaccini's say so.
4. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
(a) To contaminate himself with the poison.
(b) To press to his breast.
(c) As a memorial to their meeting.
(d) To give to Beatrice.
5. What does Giovanni call the story Baglioni tells him about Alexander the Great?
(a) A terrible tale.
(b) A blatant lie.
(c) A childish fable.
(d) A kid's spook story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni kill to prove to Beatrice he has been infected by the poisons?
2. What does Beatrice call the rumors circling about her abilities as a gardener?
3. What does Giovanni feel know more when he gazes into Beatrice's eyes?
4. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
5. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)