|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
(a) The maiden stuck in a tower.
(b) The romantic whose found her love.
(c) The maiden of a lonely island.
(d) The lover who finally feels loved.
2. What does the author say Giovanni's pulses had throbbed with?
(a) Luminous blood.
(b) Thin blood.
(c) Feverish blood.
(d) Clotted blood.
3. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
(a) From the heavens.
(b) She created it.
(c) Her father created it.
(d) The devil.
4. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
5. What person does Giovanni least expect sympathy from?
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beatice meet Giovanni?
2. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
3. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
4. What does Beatrice say her father's love for science has done to her?
5. What does Giovanni realize is the fragrance Baglioni smelled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Giovanni's impression os Beatrice during their first meeting?
2. Why doesn't Giovanni want to see Baglioni in this section?
3. Why does Beatrice say she can't show Giovanni around the garden?
4. How does Beatrice react to Giovanni's accusations?
5. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
6. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
7. How does Giovanni kill the spider?
8. In what way is it too late when GIovanni finally questions himself and his situation?
9. What does Giovanni tell Beatrice about the potion?
10. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)