|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baglioni give Giovanni to help cure Beatrice?
(a) A tablet.
(c) A silver phial.
(d) A homemade medicine mixture.
2. What does Beatrice say her father is fiercely acquainted with?
(a) The secrets of life.
(b) The secrets of nature.
(c) The love of a woman.
(d) The scent of a woman.
3. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
(c) The garden.
4. What does Beatrice say that should be the only thing Giovanni should believe about her?
(a) What he hears with his own hears
(b) What he chooses to believe.
(c) What he reads.
(d) What he sees with his own eyes.
5. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
(a) It would be fatal.
(b) It will die.
(c) It would take months for it to recover.
(d) Its flowers should be left to prosper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's bedroom?
2. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
3. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
4. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
5. What does Baglioni say the perfume he can smell in Giovanni's apartment is like?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)