|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say her father's love for science has done to her?
(a) Shown her true beauty.
(b) Made her into a recluse.
(c) Given her a grounding in life.
(d) Estranged her from society.
2. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A sword from a knight's side.
(b) An angry bull let out of its pen.
(c) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
(d) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
3. What does Giovanni wake with a sense of the next day?
4. Who does Giovanni say has pale intelligence in this section?
5. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
(a) The Eden of Hell.
(b) The garden of hanging snakes.
(c) The garden of the unknown.
(d) The Eden of poisonous flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
2. What does Beatrice say is the offspring of her father's science?
3. What makes Beatrice pause and tremble in this section?
4. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
5. What does Baglioni say that Rappaccini doesn't respect?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
2. How does Giovanni kill the spider?
3. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
4. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
5. How does Baglioni react to Beatrice's death?
6. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
7. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
8. How does Baglioni think the story relates to Giovanni?
9. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
10. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)