|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Indian woman been nourished with since her birth?
2. What passes over Giovanni like a shadow?
3. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
(a) I've been a fool.
(b) This is not happening.
(c) Be quiet old man.
(d) It is a dream.
4. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
(a) The Eden of Hell.
(b) The Eden of poisonous flowers.
(c) The garden of the unknown.
(d) The garden of hanging snakes.
5. What does Giovanni cry at Beatrice with venom?
(a) Evil one.
(b) Accursed one.
(d) Devil child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Indian Price send a beautiful Indian girl to?
2. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
3. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
4. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
5. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
2. Why doesn't Giovanni want to see Baglioni in this section?
3. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
4. What does Giovanni tell Beatrice about the potion?
5. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
6. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
7. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
8. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
9. What does Baglioni say when he is alone on the staircase?
10. In what way is it too late when GIovanni finally questions himself and his situation?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)