|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
(a) To pluck his nostril hairs.
(b) To put on perfume.
(c) To comb his hair.
(d) To look in the mirror.
2. What kind of creature does Giovanni kill in this section?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A spider.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A bird.
3. What does Beatrice say is the offspring of her father's science?
(a) HIs memoirs.
(c) The purple shrub.
(d) The fountain.
4. Where does Beatice meet Giovanni?
(a) The fountain.
(b) The private entrance.
(c) Under his window.
(d) The purple flower.
5. What does Beatrice say her father's love for science has done to her?
(a) Made her into a recluse.
(b) Given her a grounding in life.
(c) Estranged her from society.
(d) Shown her true beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first words Beatrice states to Giovanni?
2. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
3. What is the one subject Giovanni says Baglioni is barred from speaking to him about?
4. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
5. What person does Giovanni least expect sympathy from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
2. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
3. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
4. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
5. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
6. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
7. Why does Beatrice say she can't show Giovanni around the garden?
8. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
9. How does the one time Beatrice touches Giovanni affect?
10. How does Baglioni react to Beatrice's death?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)