|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beatrice emerge behind from?
(a) The purple plant.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) The sculptured portal.
(d) The marble fountain.
2. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
(a) It will die.
(b) Its flowers should be left to prosper.
(c) It would be fatal.
(d) It would take months for it to recover.
3. What does Giovanni think his eyes possess?
4. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
(a) A diamond mine.
(b) A gold mine.
(c) English roses.
(d) Persian roses.
5. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
(a) This is not happening.
(b) I've been a fool.
(c) Be quiet old man.
(d) It is a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
2. What is the first words Beatrice states to Giovanni?
3. Where does Rappaccini watch Beatrice and Giovanni from?
4. How often does Giovanni now see Beatrice?
5. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the atmosphere between Beatrice and Giovanni when they first meet in this section?
2. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
3. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
4. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
5. How does Beatrice react to Giovanni's accusations?
6. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
7. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
8. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
9. How does Giovanni express his anger his anger to Beatrice?
10. What do Beatrice and Giovanni talk about together?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)