|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
(b) Wrapping paper.
(c) A velvet garment.
(d) A silken garment.
2. What does Beatrice call the rumors circling about her abilities as a gardener?
3. What word does the author use to describe Beatrice's haughtiness?
4. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's bedroom?
(a) Pig sty.
5. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
(b) An angry bull let out of its pen.
(c) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
(d) A sword from a knight's side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni call the story Baglioni tells him about Alexander the Great?
2. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini has an insane zeal for?
3. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
4. What passes over Giovanni like a shadow?
5. What does the author say Giovanni's pulses had throbbed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Giovanni sees when he looks into the mirror?
2. What is the atmosphere between Beatrice and Giovanni when they first meet in this section?
3. What does Giovanni tell Beatrice about the potion?
4. How does Giovanni react to Baglioni's claims that Beatrice is manipulating him?
5. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
6. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
7. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
8. How does Baglioni think the story relates to Giovanni?
9. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
10. Why does Beatrice say she feels so close to the purple plant?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)