|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baglioni give Giovanni to help cure Beatrice?
(a) A homemade medicine mixture.
(b) A tablet.
(d) A silver phial.
2. What does Giovanni exclaim after his breath kills the creature?
(c) Take me home.
(d) Troubled days.
3. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
(a) Wrapping paper.
(b) A velvet garment.
(c) A silken garment.
4. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
(a) The look from her eyes.
(b) The words from her lips.
(c) The choke of her laughter.
(d) The keeness of her smile.
5. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
(a) A diamond mine.
(b) English roses.
(c) Persian roses.
(d) A gold mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
2. Who does Giovanni say to Beatrice gave him the potion?
3. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
4. What does the author say Beatrice grief was beyond?
5. What is Beatrice's face brightened by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
2. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
3. What is Giovanni's impression os Beatrice during their first meeting?
4. How does Giovanni kill the spider?
5. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
6. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
7. Why doesn't Giovanni want to see Baglioni in this section?
8. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
9. What does Giovanni tell Beatrice about the potion?
10. What is the atmosphere between Beatrice and Giovanni when they first meet in this section?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)