|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
(a) In the professor's imagination.
(b) On Lisabetta's clothes.
(c) In Rappaccini's garden.
(d) On the professor's clothes.
2. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
(a) The look from her eyes.
(b) The keeness of her smile.
(c) The words from her lips.
(d) The choke of her laughter.
3. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
4. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
(a) To put on perfume.
(b) To comb his hair.
(c) To pluck his nostril hairs.
(d) To look in the mirror.
5. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
2. What does Giovanni suggest that Beatrice and himself go to church to do?
3. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
4. What makes Beatrice pause and tremble in this section?
5. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Baglioni say when he is alone on the staircase?
2. Why doesn't Giovanni want to see Baglioni in this section?
3. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
4. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
5. How does Baglioni react to Beatrice's death?
6. How does Beatrice react to Giovanni's accusations?
7. How does Baglioni think the story relates to Giovanni?
8. In what way is it too late when GIovanni finally questions himself and his situation?
9. Describe the relationship that develops between Beatrice and Giovanni?
10. How does Giovanni express his anger his anger to Beatrice?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)