|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following ugly things about Beatrice does Giovanni find difficult to forget?
(a) Her fingerprints left on his hand and wrist.
(b) Her scowl when he insulted her father.
(c) The bouquet withered in her grasp.
(d) Her language when he tired to touch the purple flower.
2. What does Giovanni wake with a sense of the next day?
3. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
(a) A diamond mine.
(b) English roses.
(c) A gold mine.
(d) Persian roses.
4. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
(a) Go red.
5. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
(a) From the heavens.
(b) Her father created it.
(c) She created it.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What person does Giovanni least expect sympathy from?
2. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
3. What does Baglioni give Giovanni to help cure Beatrice?
4. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
5. What does Beatrice's spirit gush out of her like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Beatrice and Giovanni talk about together?
2. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
3. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
4. What does Baglioni say when he is alone on the staircase?
5. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
6. Why doesn't Giovanni want to see Baglioni in this section?
7. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
8. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
9. How does Baglioni react to Beatrice's death?
10. How does Giovanni kill the spider?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)