|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
(d) Giovanni's father.
2. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini has an insane zeal for?
(b) His daughter.
(d) HIs garden.
3. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
4. What does Baglioni tell Giovanni he has been reading lately?
(a) A collection of short stories.
(b) An old classic.
(c) A collection of poems.
(d) A fantasy epic.
5. What does Giovanni suggest that Beatrice and himself go to church to do?
(a) Smash windows.
(b) Dip their fingers in holywater.
(c) Free their souls.
(d) Talk to a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is doing violence towards?
2. What does the author say Beatrice grief was beyond?
3. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
4. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
5. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
2. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
3. What is Giovanni's impression os Beatrice during their first meeting?
4. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
5. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
6. What do Beatrice and Giovanni talk about together?
7. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
8. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
9. How does Baglioni think the story relates to Giovanni?
10. Why does Beatrice say she feels so close to the purple plant?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)