|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beatrice emerge behind from?
(a) The purple plant.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) The sculptured portal.
(d) The marble fountain.
2. What part of Giovanni's body burns when he wakes up?
(a) His legs.
(b) His back.
(c) His hand.
(d) His eyes.
3. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
4. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
(a) The Eden of Hell.
(b) The Eden of poisonous flowers.
(c) The garden of hanging snakes.
(d) The garden of the unknown.
5. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
(c) Giovanni's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni feel know more when he gazes into Beatrice's eyes?
2. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
3. How does Giovanni protect his hand?
4. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
5. What does Rappaccini say weak women are exposed to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
2. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
3. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
4. Why doesn't Giovanni want to see Baglioni in this section?
5. How does the one time Beatrice touches Giovanni affect?
6. How does Giovanni express his anger his anger to Beatrice?
7. What does Giovanni tell Beatrice about the potion?
8. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
9. What is the story that Baglioni tells Giovanni in this section?
10. How does Giovanni kill the spider?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)