|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say the purple plant nourished her with?
(a) Its milk.
(b) Its scent.
(c) Its breath.
(d) Its sap.
2. Which of the following ugly things about Beatrice does Giovanni find difficult to forget?
(a) Her fingerprints left on his hand and wrist.
(b) Her language when he tired to touch the purple flower.
(c) The bouquet withered in her grasp.
(d) Her scowl when he insulted her father.
3. What does Giovanni cry at Beatrice with venom?
(a) Evil one.
(b) Devil child.
(c) Accursed one.
4. What had the Indian woman been nourished with since her birth?
5. What does Baglioni say the Indian woman was as lovely as?
(a) The sunset.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
2. What makes Beatrice pause and tremble in this section?
3. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
4. What does Giovanni think his eyes possess?
5. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
2. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
3. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
4. How does Giovanni prove to Beatrice that she has infected him?
5. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
6. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
7. How does Beatrice react to Giovanni's accusations?
8. How does Baglioni react to Beatrice's death?
9. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
10. In what way are Beatrice and GIovanni pawns in a game between the two scientists?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)