|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
(d) Giovanni's father.
2. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
(a) Hold her hand to her bossom.
(b) Fall to her need.
(c) Wipe sweat from her brow.
(d) Sigh deeply.
3. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
(a) Persian roses.
(b) A diamond mine.
(c) English roses.
(d) A gold mine.
4. What does Giovanni wake with a sense of the next day?
5. Why does Giovanni think there is probably no need to apologize for entering the garden?
(a) Lisabetta owns the garden.
(b) It would be a sign of weakness.
(c) The garden is too beautiful to be kept private.
(d) He is there on Rappaccini's say so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
2. What does Beatrice say that should be the only thing Giovanni should believe about her?
3. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
4. What does Giovanni realize is the fragrance Baglioni smelled?
5. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the atmosphere between Beatrice and Giovanni when they first meet in this section?
2. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
3. What does Giovanni tell Beatrice about the potion?
4. How does Baglioni help Giovanni in this section?
5. What does Giovanni notice when he turns around from the purple plant?
6. What does Giovanni sees when he looks into the mirror?
7. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
8. How does Baglioni think the story relates to Giovanni?
9. Why does Beatrice say she feels so close to the purple plant?
10. What does Rappaccini think about his daughter's to be part of society?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)