|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
(a) A mask.
(b) A gum shield.
(c) Duct tape.
(d) His hand.
2. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
(a) She kicks it away.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She crosses herself.
3. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
(a) He used to be his school master.
(b) He is a friend of the family.
(c) He is his best friend.
(d) He is engaged to his sister.
4. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
5. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A piece of gold.
(b) A piece of silver.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
2. What is Rappaccini's first name?
3. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
4. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini's look was as deep as?
5. What is wrong with the fountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journey from Giovanni's house to Rappiccini's garden?
2. How does the author describe the purple flower?
3. How does this opening section express Giovanni's youthful energy?
4. How does the author describe Rappaccini's garden?
5. Why does Baglioni say Giovanni should be wary of Rappaccini?
6. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
7. How has Giovanni's changed at the beginning of this story?
8. What are Giovanni's first impressions of Beatrice?
9. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
10. How does Beatrice react to seeing Giovanni watching her?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)