|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
(a) Duct tape.
(b) His hand.
(c) A gum shield.
(d) A mask.
2. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) Go away.
(b) You smell.
(c) You wouldn't understand me.
(d) Now let me pass.
3. How does Giovanni try to get rid of his fever?
(a) By listening to his favorite songs.
(b) By visiting the university library.
(c) By doing press ups.
(d) By walking through the streets of Padua.
4. Who does Baglioni tell Giovanni he grew up side by side with?
(a) Giovanni's mother.
(b) Rappaccini's brother.
(c) Giovanni's father.
5. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
2. What color is the lizard?
3. What kills the lizard?
4. What does Giovanni bring to Baglioni?
5. What does Rappaccini think all medicinal virtues are comprised with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beatrice react to seeing Giovanni watching her?
2. What is Baglioni's opinion on Beatrice?
3. Why does Baglioni say Giovanni should be wary of Rappaccini?
4. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
5. How does the lizard die?
6. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
7. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
8. What are Giovanni's first impressions of Beatrice?
9. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
10. How parts of the story suggest that Giovanni is an innocent?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)