Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) You smell.
(b) Go away.
(c) Now let me pass.
(d) You wouldn't understand me.
2. What does Lisabetta call Giovanni when she talks to him?
3. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
(a) Evil spirits.
(b) Heavenly angels.
(c) Beautiful women.
(d) Sleeping babies.
4. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
5. What is Baglioni a professor of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Giovanni beneath as he stands just inside Rappaccini's garden?
2. Why does Giovanni say it doesn't matter if Beatrice is an angel or a demon?
3. What is Rappaccini's first name?
4. Who meets Giovanni at the door of his lodgings?
5. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say she is so angry at her father?
2. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
3. How does the lizard die?
4. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
5. How does Beatrice react when Giovanni approaches the purple plant?
6. How does Giovanni describe in Lisabetta in this section?
7. What does this section say about the relationship Baglioni has with Rappaccini?
8. What is Lisabetta's opinion of Dr. Rappaccini?
9. How does Baglioni react to Giovanni's rudeness?
10. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)