|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Giovanni's landlady originally tell Giovanni to look at the window?
(a) To feel the breeze.
(b) To see the view.
(c) To see the moon.
(d) To feel the sun.
2. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
(a) A dear friend.
(b) An ancient friend.
(c) A gentleman and a scholar.
(d) A foolish pauper.
3. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
(a) Have you forgotten me.
(b) How rude can you get.
(c) Please Giovanni we need to talk.
(d) Are you insane.
4. Who has caused Giovanni's sudden suspicions?
5. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A piece of gold.
(d) A piece of silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that Baglioni says he knows about Beatrice?
2. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
3. What color does Rappaccini dress in?
4. How does Giovanni think the insect dies?
5. What color is the lizard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this opening section express Giovanni's youthful energy?
2. How does Giovanni try to stop thinking about Beatrice?
3. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
4. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
5. Why does Giovanni go with Lisabetta if he is so suspicious of her?
6. How does the author describe the purple flower?
7. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
8. What is Baglioni's opinion of Rappaccini?
9. How does the author describe Rappaccini's garden?
10. What signs are there that Rappaccini is afraid to touch the plants?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)