|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
(a) A fruit salad.
(b) A full moon.
(c) A tropical sun.
(d) A chocolate cake.
2. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His writings.
(c) His house.
(d) HIs wife.
3. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
(a) His virginity.
(c) His life.
4. What kills the lizard?
(a) Beatrice's foot.
(b) A rain drop.
(c) Beatrice's foot.
(d) A dew drop from the purple plant.
5. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
(a) Going home to Naples.
(b) Being attacked by a plant.
(c) A rich flower and a beautiful woman.
(d) Flying through the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
2. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
3. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
4. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
5. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this opening section express Giovanni's youthful energy?
2. What is Baglioni's opinion on Beatrice?
3. How does Rappaccino react to seeing both Baglioni and Giovanni?
4. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
5. What does this section suggest about Giovanni's life thus far?
6. How does the author describe the purple flower?
7. Describe the journey from Giovanni's house to Rappiccini's garden?
8. What are Giovanni's first impressions of Beatrice?
9. How does Lisabetta act when Giovanni arrives home?
10. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)