|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
(a) A full moon.
(b) A chocolate cake.
(c) A tropical sun.
(d) A fruit salad.
2. How does Giovanni try to get rid of his fever?
(a) By listening to his favorite songs.
(b) By visiting the university library.
(c) By walking through the streets of Padua.
(d) By doing press ups.
3. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(a) Inhales the plants.
(b) Sings a lullaby.
(d) Dances ballet.
4. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) Now let me pass.
(b) Go away.
(c) You wouldn't understand me.
(d) You smell.
5. What part of Italy is Giovanni from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Lisabetta's smile looks like?
2. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
3. What is all beneath Giovanni's eye when he first looks out of his window?
4. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
5. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say she can't show Giovanni around the garden?
2. What does this section suggest about Giovanni's life thus far?
3. How does Beatrice stop Giovanni from touching her?
4. Describe the journey from Giovanni's house to Rappiccini's garden?
5. How does Giovanni describe in Lisabetta in this section?
6. What does Baglioni say when he is alone on the staircase?
7. How does Baglioni think the story relates to Giovanni?
8. Why does Baglioni say Giovanni should be wary of Rappaccini?
9. What are Giovanni's first impressions of Beatrice?
10. In what way is it too late when GIovanni finally questions himself and his situation?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)