|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops Giovanni in the streets?
2. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
(a) She has a strange look on her face.
(b) She maybe working with Rappaccini.
(c) She maybe working with Baglioni.
(d) She has shown too much interest in him.
3. What does Rappiccini avoid doing when he is among his plants?
(a) Touching them.
(b) Looking at them.
(c) Raising his voice.
(d) Standing still.
4. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) You wouldn't understand me.
(b) You smell.
(c) Go away.
(d) Now let me pass.
5. How does Giovanni think the insect dies?
(a) From Beatrice's breath.
(b) From landing on the plant.
(c) From Beatrice's perfume.
(d) From landing on Beatrice's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
2. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
3. What biblical character does Giovanni compare Rappaccini to?
4. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
5. What is Baglioni a professor of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the lizard die?
2. What are Giovanni's first impressions of Beatrice?
3. What signs are there that Rappaccini is afraid to touch the plants?
4. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
5. Why does Giovanni go with Lisabetta if he is so suspicious of her?
6. How has spending so much time in her father's garden affected Beatrice?
7. How does Giovanni try to stop thinking about Beatrice?
8. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
9. What does this section suggest about Giovanni's life thus far?
10. Why does Baglioni say Giovanni should be wary of Rappaccini?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)