|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Giovanni think the insect dies?
(a) From Beatrice's breath.
(b) From landing on Beatrice's hair.
(c) From Beatrice's perfume.
(d) From landing on the plant.
2. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
(a) He wants to look at her.
(b) He needs her help.
(c) He wants her to make a cup of coffee.
(d) He wants to show her something.
3. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
(a) Are you insane.
(b) How rude can you get.
(c) Have you forgotten me.
(d) Please Giovanni we need to talk.
4. What does Giovanni have a supply of in his pocket?
(a) Boiled sweets.
(c) Gold ducats.
5. How does Giovanni try to get rid of his fever?
(a) By walking through the streets of Padua.
(b) By listening to his favorite songs.
(c) By visiting the university library.
(d) By doing press ups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author compare Beatrice's voice to when she accepts the bouquet?
2. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
3. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
4. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
5. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baglioni react to Giovanni's rudeness?
2. How does Beatrice react to seeing Giovanni watching her?
3. How has spending so much time in her father's garden affected Beatrice?
4. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
5. How does the author describe Rappaccini's garden?
6. What is Baglioni's opinion on Beatrice?
7. What does this section say about the relationship Baglioni has with Rappaccini?
8. How does this opening section express Giovanni's youthful energy?
9. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
10. How does the author describe the purple flower?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)