|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the fountain?
(a) It is covered in moss.
(b) It is cracked down the middle.
(c) It's figurehead has no head.
(d) It sprays water in three different directions.
2. Who does Baglioni think is an awful man?
(b) Giovanni's father.
3. How does Rappaccini greet Baglioni?
4. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
5. What does the author says proceeds from the plants as night closes in?
(a) Oppressive exhalations.
(b) Perfumed haze.
(c) Oppressive inhalations.
(d) Perfumed clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
2. What kills the lizard?
3. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
4. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
5. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Giovanni's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
2. What is Lisabetta's opinion of Dr. Rappaccini?
3. Why does Giovanni go with Lisabetta if he is so suspicious of her?
4. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
5. What is Giovanni's initial opinion of Rappaccini?
6. How does Giovanni try to stop thinking about Beatrice?
7. How does the lizard die?
8. Why does Baglioni say Giovanni should be wary of Rappaccini?
9. How parts of the story suggest that Giovanni is an innocent?
10. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)