|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice tell the plant she is faint with?
(a) Lack of life.
(b) Common air.
(c) Lack of love.
(d) Common conversation.
2. Who passes Baglioni and Giovanni as they talk?
3. What does the author compare Beatrice's voice to when she accepts the bouquet?
(a) A chorus of violins.
(b) A chorus of frogs.
(c) A gush of music.
(d) A gush of pure water.
4. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
(a) A bird.
(b) A garden.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A shooting star.
5. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
2. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
3. What is Rappaccini's first name?
4. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
5. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this section suggest about Giovanni's life thus far?
2. How does the author describe the purple flower?
3. How does the insect die?
4. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
5. What signs are there that Rappaccini is afraid to touch the plants?
6. How does this opening section express Giovanni's youthful energy?
7. How does Rappaccino react to seeing both Baglioni and Giovanni?
8. Why does Giovanni go with Lisabetta if he is so suspicious of her?
9. How does Lisabetta act when Giovanni arrives home?
10. Describe the journey from Giovanni's house to Rappiccini's garden?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)