|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The rustling of leaves.
(b) The howling of a wind.
(c) The singing of birds.
(d) The swaying of trees.
2. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's southern temperament?
3. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
(a) The purple plant.
(b) The red plant.
(c) The green plant.
(d) The orange plant,
4. What is Rappaccini's first name?
5. What is wrong with the fountain?
(a) It is covered in moss.
(b) It's figurehead has no head.
(c) It is cracked down the middle.
(d) It sprays water in three different directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Baglioni tell Giovanni he grew up side by side with?
2. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
3. Why does Giovanni say it doesn't matter if Beatrice is an angel or a demon?
4. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
5. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the insect die?
2. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
3. How does Giovanni try to stop thinking about Beatrice?
4. What are Giovanni's first impressions of Beatrice?
5. How does Giovanni describe in Lisabetta in this section?
6. What does this section say about the relationship Baglioni has with Rappaccini?
7. How does Lisabetta act when Giovanni arrives home?
8. How does the author describe Rappaccini's garden?
9. How does the author describe the purple flower?
10. How has Giovanni's changed at the beginning of this story?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)