|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The howling of a wind.
(b) The singing of birds.
(c) The rustling of leaves.
(d) The swaying of trees.
2. What does Giovanni have to force himself through to get into the garden?
(a) A patch of nettles.
(b) A narrow gap in a fence.
(c) The narrow door opening
(d) The entanglement of a shrub.
3. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
(a) She maybe working with Rappaccini.
(b) She has shown too much interest in him.
(c) She has a strange look on her face.
(d) She maybe working with Baglioni.
4. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
(a) A force field.
(b) Rubber gloves.
(c) Thick gloves.
(d) Latex gloves.
5. What does Rappiccini avoid doing when he is among his plants?
(a) Standing still.
(b) Raising his voice.
(c) Looking at them.
(d) Touching them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
2. What does Lisabetta call Giovanni when she talks to him?
3. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
4. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
5. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baglioni react to Giovanni's rudeness?
2. How does the author describe Rappaccini's garden?
3. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
4. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
5. What is Lisabetta's opinion of Dr. Rappaccini?
6. Describe the journey from Giovanni's house to Rappiccini's garden?
7. How does this opening section express Giovanni's youthful energy?
8. How does Giovanni describe in Lisabetta in this section?
9. How does the lizard die?
10. How does Giovanni try to stop thinking about Beatrice?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)