|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The howling of a wind.
(b) The rustling of leaves.
(c) The swaying of trees.
(d) The singing of birds.
2. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) HIs wife.
(b) His writings.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His house.
3. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She kicks it away.
(c) She crosses herself.
(d) She cries.
4. Who does Baglioni tell Giovanni he grew up side by side with?
(a) Giovanni's father.
(c) Rappaccini's brother.
(d) Giovanni's mother.
5. Who meets Giovanni at the door of his lodgings?
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice do when she first approaches the purple shrub in this section?
2. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
3. What is the only thing that Baglioni says he knows about Beatrice?
4. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
5. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
Short Essay Questions
1. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
2. How does Baglioni greet Giovanni?
3. Describe the journey from Giovanni's house to Rappiccini's garden?
4. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
5. What is Giovanni's initial opinion of Rappaccini?
6. What is Baglioni's opinion on Beatrice?
7. How has spending so much time in her father's garden affected Beatrice?
8. How does Lisabetta act when Giovanni arrives home?
9. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
10. What is Baglioni's opinion of Rappaccini?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)