|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
(a) How rude can you get.
(b) Have you forgotten me.
(c) Are you insane.
(d) Please Giovanni we need to talk.
2. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
3. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Giovanni's apartment?
4. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
(a) A bird.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A garden.
(d) A shooting star.
5. What does Rappiccini avoid doing when he is among his plants?
(a) Raising his voice.
(b) Touching them.
(c) Standing still.
(d) Looking at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
2. How does Giovanni think the insect dies?
3. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
4. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
5. Who does Baglioni think Rappaccini is making a study of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Baglioni's opinion of Rappaccini?
2. How has spending so much time in her father's garden affected Beatrice?
3. What is Lisabetta's opinion of Dr. Rappaccini?
4. Why does Baglioni say Giovanni should be wary of Rappaccini?
5. How does the author describe the purple flower?
6. How has Giovanni's changed at the beginning of this story?
7. How does the author describe Rappaccini's garden?
8. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
9. How does Lisabetta act when Giovanni arrives home?
10. What signs are there that Rappaccini is afraid to touch the plants?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)