|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
(a) In a nightmare.
(b) With anger.
(c) Like a punch drunk boxer.
(d) In a dream.
2. What is wrong with the fountain?
(a) It sprays water in three different directions.
(b) It is covered in moss.
(c) It is cracked down the middle.
(d) It's figurehead has no head.
3. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
(a) A chocolate cake.
(b) A full moon.
(c) A fruit salad.
(d) A tropical sun.
4. Who passes Baglioni and Giovanni as they talk?
5. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
(a) He is engaged to his sister.
(b) He used to be his school master.
(c) He is his best friend.
(d) He is a friend of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini's look was as deep as?
2. What does Lisabetta call Giovanni when she talks to him?
3. What does Beatrice tell the plant she is faint with?
4. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
5. What is Giovanni beneath as he stands just inside Rappaccini's garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
2. How does Giovanni respond to seeing Baglioni in this section?
3. How does Beatrice treat the plants differently to her father?
4. What affect do Baglioni's words have on Giovanni?
5. How does Giovanni describe in Lisabetta in this section?
6. How does the insect die?
7. How does Giovanni try to stop thinking about Beatrice?
8. What does this section suggest about Giovanni's life thus far?
9. Describe the journey from Giovanni's house to Rappiccini's garden?
10. How does Rappaccino react to seeing both Baglioni and Giovanni?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)