|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who passes Baglioni and Giovanni as they talk?
2. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
3. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
(b) Beatrice's rich beauty.
(c) Beatrice's rich voice.
(d) The garden's rich beauty.
4. What is Rappaccini's first name?
5. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
(a) He thought the professor would contact his father.
(b) He thought the professor would see his secrets.
(c) He thought the professor would have moved from the house.
(d) He though the professor was in love with Beatrice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
2. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
3. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
4. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
5. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has spending so much time in her father's garden affected Beatrice?
2. How does Lisabetta act when Giovanni arrives home?
3. What is Giovanni's initial opinion of Rappaccini?
4. How does Giovanni describe in Lisabetta in this section?
5. How does the insect die?
6. How does Rappaccino react to seeing both Baglioni and Giovanni?
7. What is Lisabetta's opinion of Dr. Rappaccini?
8. Describe the journey from Giovanni's house to Rappiccini's garden?
9. How do Baglioni's word affect Giovanni when he goes home?
10. What signs are there that Rappaccini is afraid to touch the plants?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)