|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As far as which city does Lisabetta say Rappaccini is known?
2. What does Giovanni have to force himself through to get into the garden?
(a) The narrow door opening
(b) A narrow gap in a fence.
(c) The entanglement of a shrub.
(d) A patch of nettles.
3. Who does Baglioni think Rappaccini is making a study of?
4. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A piece of silver.
(c) A ring.
(d) A piece of gold.
5. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
(a) An ancient friend.
(b) A foolish pauper.
(c) A dear friend.
(d) A gentleman and a scholar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
2. What does Beatrice want to give Giovanni in exchange for his gift?
3. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
4. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
5. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the purple flower?
2. What signs are there that Rappaccini is afraid to touch the plants?
3. What is Baglioni's opinion of Rappaccini?
4. Why does Giovanni go with Lisabetta if he is so suspicious of her?
5. In what way can the Rappaccini's garden be compared to the Garden of Eden?
6. What are Giovanni's first impressions of Beatrice?
7. How does Baglioni react to Giovanni's rudeness?
8. How does Beatrice treat the plants differently to her father?
9. How does Rappaccino react to seeing both Baglioni and Giovanni?
10. How does this opening section express Giovanni's youthful energy?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)