|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) Go away.
(b) You wouldn't understand me.
(c) Now let me pass.
(d) You smell.
2. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
(a) He thought the professor would have moved from the house.
(b) He though the professor was in love with Beatrice.
(c) He thought the professor would contact his father.
(d) He thought the professor would see his secrets.
3. What is Baglioni a professor of?
4. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
(a) Its tasty sap.
(b) Its radiance.
(c) Its perfumed breath.
(d) Its soft touch.
5. What does Giovanni buy on the way home?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A ring.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A postcard.
Short Answer Questions
1. As far as which city does Lisabetta say Rappaccini is known?
2. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
3. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
4. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
5. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beatrice treat the plants differently to her father?
2. What does this section say about the relationship Baglioni has with Rappaccini?
3. How does Giovanni know Professor Baglioni?
4. What is Giovanni's initial opinion of Rappaccini?
5. How does Lisabetta act when Giovanni arrives home?
6. How does this opening section express Giovanni's youthful energy?
7. Describe the journey from Giovanni's house to Rappiccini's garden?
8. How does Rappaccino react to seeing both Baglioni and Giovanni?
9. Why does Baglioni say Giovanni should be wary of Rappaccini?
10. How has Giovanni's changed at the beginning of this story?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)