|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creature does Giovanni kill in this section?
(a) A spider.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A bird.
(d) A monkey.
2. Where does Beatice meet Giovanni?
(a) The fountain.
(b) The purple flower.
(c) The private entrance.
(d) Under his window.
3. What does Giovanni feel know more when he gazes into Beatrice's eyes?
(a) Doubt or fear.
(b) Anger or hate.
(c) Love or kindness.
(d) Unloved and needy.
4. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
(b) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
(c) A sword from a knight's side.
(d) An angry bull let out of its pen.
5. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
(b) Giovanni's father.
6. What does Giovanni exclaim after his breath kills the creature?
(a) Troubled days.
(b) Take me home.
7. What person does Giovanni least expect sympathy from?
(c) His father.
8. What word does the author use to describe Beatrice's haughtiness?
9. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
(a) The words from her lips.
(b) The keeness of her smile.
(c) The choke of her laughter.
(d) The look from her eyes.
10. Who does Giovanni say has pale intelligence in this section?
11. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
(a) Rubies and marbles.
(b) Diamonds and rubies.
(c) Crystals and gems.
(d) Gems and marbles.
12. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
(a) The prettiness.
(b) The mystery.
(c) The enigma.
(d) The sunshine.
13. What does Beatrice say when Giovanni offers her the antidote?
(a) To us.
(b) Leave me alone.
(c) Give it to me.
14. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
(a) To put on perfume.
(b) To pluck his nostril hairs.
(c) To comb his hair.
(d) To look in the mirror.
15. Where does Beatrice emerge behind from?
(a) The marble fountain.
(b) The sculptured portal.
(c) The purple plant.
(d) An oak tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
2. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
3. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
4. What makes Beatrice pause and tremble in this section?
5. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)