|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
(a) Rubies and marbles.
(b) Diamonds and rubies.
(c) Crystals and gems.
(d) Gems and marbles.
2. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
(a) It is a dream.
(b) Be quiet old man.
(c) This is not happening.
(d) I've been a fool.
3. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
(a) The Eden of poisonous flowers.
(b) The garden of the unknown.
(c) The garden of hanging snakes.
(d) The Eden of Hell.
4. What does Beatrice say she has done for the first time in her life?
(a) Walked out of the garden.
(b) Forgotten the plant.
(c) Spoken to a man.
(d) Fallen in love.
5. What does Rappaccini say weak women are exposed to?
(a) All lecherers.
(b) All evil.
(c) All love.
(d) All hate.
6. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini has an insane zeal for?
(b) HIs garden.
(c) His daughter.
7. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
(d) The garden.
8. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
(a) In Rappaccini's garden.
(b) On Lisabetta's clothes.
(c) On the professor's clothes.
(d) In the professor's imagination.
9. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
10. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
(b) An angry bull let out of its pen.
(c) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
(d) A sword from a knight's side.
11. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's bedroom?
(b) Pig sty.
12. What is the one subject Giovanni says Baglioni is barred from speaking to him about?
(a) The garden.
(b) His father.
(d) His studies.
13. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
(a) A spear.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A bread knife.
(d) A sword.
14. What does Beatrice say the purple plant nourished her with?
(a) Its sap.
(b) Its milk.
(c) Its breath.
(d) Its scent.
15. Who does Giovanni say has pale intelligence in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
2. What does Giovanni cry at Beatrice with venom?
3. What does Giovanni realize is the fragrance Baglioni smelled?
4. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
5. Complete the following sentence "If fame says..."
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)