|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rappaccini watch Beatrice and Giovanni from?
(a) The garden entrance.
(b) His garden shed.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) Giovanni's bedroom.
2. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
(c) The garden.
3. What does Beatrice say her father is fiercely acquainted with?
(a) The scent of a woman.
(b) The love of a woman.
(c) The secrets of nature.
(d) The secrets of life.
4. Who does Giovanni say has pale intelligence in this section?
5. Which of the following words does Giovanni use to describe the plants gorgeousness?
6. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
(a) The maiden of a lonely island.
(b) The maiden stuck in a tower.
(c) The romantic whose found her love.
(d) The lover who finally feels loved.
7. What does Beatrice's spirit gush out of her like?
(a) God's words.
(c) A fresh rill.
(d) A fresh salmon.
8. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
9. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
(a) To give to Beatrice.
(b) To press to his breast.
(c) As a memorial to their meeting.
(d) To contaminate himself with the poison.
10. What does Giovanni feel know more when he gazes into Beatrice's eyes?
(a) Love or kindness.
(b) Anger or hate.
(c) Unloved and needy.
(d) Doubt or fear.
11. Complete the following sentence "If fame says..."
12. What is Beatrice's face brightened by?
13. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
(a) Fall to her need.
(b) Wipe sweat from her brow.
(c) Hold her hand to her bossom.
(d) Sigh deeply.
14. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
15. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini has an insane zeal for?
(a) His daughter.
(c) HIs garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
2. What does Giovanni say Beatrice has filled with poison?
3. What is the first words Beatrice states to Giovanni?
4. Where does Beatrice emerge behind from?
5. What does Beatrice say when Giovanni offers her the antidote?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)