|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
(a) To go away.
(b) His plans for the garden.
(c) How to defeat Baglioni.
(d) Many strange and interesting facts.
2. Where does Beatice meet Giovanni?
(a) The purple flower.
(b) The fountain.
(c) The private entrance.
(d) Under his window.
3. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is doing violence towards?
(a) His intellect.
(b) His perfect skin.
(c) His passion.
(d) His gray hairs.
4. What does Baglioni say the Indian woman was as lovely as?
(a) The dawn.
(b) The sunset.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The ocean.
5. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
(b) The garden.
6. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
(a) The prettiness.
(b) The enigma.
(c) The mystery.
(d) The sunshine.
7. What does the author say Beatrice grief was beyond?
8. Which of the following ugly things about Beatrice does Giovanni find difficult to forget?
(a) Her fingerprints left on his hand and wrist.
(b) Her scowl when he insulted her father.
(c) The bouquet withered in her grasp.
(d) Her language when he tired to touch the purple flower.
9. What does Beatrice say her father is fiercely acquainted with?
(a) The secrets of nature.
(b) The secrets of life.
(c) The love of a woman.
(d) The scent of a woman.
10. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
11. What does Beatrice say the purple plant nourished her with?
(a) Its scent.
(b) Its breath.
(c) Its sap.
(d) Its milk.
12. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
(b) A sword from a knight's side.
(c) An angry bull let out of its pen.
(d) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
13. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
(a) By giving him her hand.
(b) By showing him the way out of the garden.
(c) By showing him her father's files.
(d) By instructing him on the plants.
14. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
(a) It would take months for it to recover.
(b) Its flowers should be left to prosper.
(c) It would be fatal.
(d) It will die.
15. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini has an insane zeal for?
(a) HIs garden.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Beatrice's haughtiness?
2. What does Baglioni tell Giovanni he has been reading lately?
3. Who did the Indian Price send a beautiful Indian girl to?
4. How does Giovanni address Beatrice when he first speaks to her?
5. What does Beatrice say she has done for the first time in her life?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)