|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
2. What does Beatrice say her father's love for science has done to her?
(a) Shown her true beauty.
(b) Made her into a recluse.
(c) Estranged her from society.
(d) Given her a grounding in life.
3. Which of the following ugly things about Beatrice does Giovanni find difficult to forget?
(a) The bouquet withered in her grasp.
(b) Her scowl when he insulted her father.
(c) Her fingerprints left on his hand and wrist.
(d) Her language when he tired to touch the purple flower.
4. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
(a) The enigma.
(b) The prettiness.
(c) The mystery.
(d) The sunshine.
5. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
6. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
(a) Many strange and interesting facts.
(b) How to defeat Baglioni.
(c) His plans for the garden.
(d) To go away.
7. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
(a) By showing him her father's files.
(b) By giving him her hand.
(c) By instructing him on the plants.
(d) By showing him the way out of the garden.
8. Complete the following sentence "If fame says..."
9. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
10. How often does Giovanni now see Beatrice?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Twice a day.
11. What does Rappaccini say weak women are exposed to?
(a) All lecherers.
(b) All love.
(c) All evil.
(d) All hate.
12. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
(a) The lover who finally feels loved.
(b) The maiden of a lonely island.
(c) The maiden stuck in a tower.
(d) The romantic whose found her love.
13. What does Beatrice say when Giovanni offers her the antidote?
(a) Give it to me.
(b) To us.
(c) Leave me alone.
14. What is the one subject Giovanni says Baglioni is barred from speaking to him about?
(b) His studies.
(c) His father.
(d) The garden.
15. What does Giovanni say he is conversing with Beatrice like?
(a) A brother.
(b) A lover.
(c) A friend.
(d) A father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Giovanni say to Beatrice gave him the potion?
2. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
3. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
4. What does Beatrice say she has done for the first time in her life?
5. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)