|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni call the story Baglioni tells him about Alexander the Great?
(a) A blatant lie.
(b) A kid's spook story.
(c) A childish fable.
(d) A terrible tale.
2. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
(a) It is a dream.
(b) Be quiet old man.
(c) I've been a fool.
(d) This is not happening.
3. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
(a) He begins to take cuttings of the plants.
(b) He begins a critical observation of the plants.
(c) He begins to sunbathe.
(d) He begins to dance naked.
4. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
(a) The maiden stuck in a tower.
(b) The romantic whose found her love.
(c) The maiden of a lonely island.
(d) The lover who finally feels loved.
5. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
6. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
(a) To pluck his nostril hairs.
(b) To look in the mirror.
(c) To comb his hair.
(d) To put on perfume.
7. Where does Beatice meet Giovanni?
(a) The purple flower.
(b) Under his window.
(c) The fountain.
(d) The private entrance.
8. What does Baglioni give Giovanni to help cure Beatrice?
(b) A silver phial.
(c) A tablet.
(d) A homemade medicine mixture.
9. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
(a) A sword.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A spear.
(d) A bread knife.
10. Who did the Indian Price send a beautiful Indian girl to?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Marc Anthony.
(c) King Edward I.
(d) Alexander the Great.
11. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
(c) Go red.
12. What does Giovanni think his eyes possess?
13. How does Giovanni address Beatrice when he first speaks to her?
(c) Beat box.
14. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A sword from a knight's side.
(b) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
(c) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
(d) An angry bull let out of its pen.
15. What does Giovanni wake with a sense of the next day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say that should be the only thing Giovanni should believe about her?
2. What kind of creature does Giovanni kill in this section?
3. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
4. Complete the following sentence "If fame says..."
5. What does Giovanni realize is the fragrance Baglioni smelled?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)