|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
2. What does Giovanni kill to prove to Beatrice he has been infected by the poisons?
(b) A lizard.
(c) A spider.
(d) A dog.
3. What does Beatrice say the purple plant nourished her with?
(a) Its scent.
(b) Its milk.
(c) Its breath.
(d) Its sap.
4. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
(b) An angry bull let out of its pen.
(c) A sword from a knight's side.
(d) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
5. What does Beatrice call the rumors circling about her abilities as a gardener?
6. What makes Beatrice pause and tremble in this section?
(a) Giovanni approaching the plant.
(b) Her father calling her name.
(c) The plant drooping towards the ground.
(d) Giovanni frowning darkly upon her.
7. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
8. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
(a) The enigma.
(b) The mystery.
(c) The sunshine.
(d) The prettiness.
9. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
10. Which of the following words does Giovanni use to describe the plants gorgeousness?
11. Who does Giovanni say has pale intelligence in this section?
12. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
13. What does Baglioni tell Giovanni he has been reading lately?
(a) A collection of short stories.
(b) An old classic.
(c) A fantasy epic.
(d) A collection of poems.
14. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
(a) He begins to sunbathe.
(b) He begins to dance naked.
(c) He begins a critical observation of the plants.
(d) He begins to take cuttings of the plants.
15. What does Beatrice say her father is fiercely acquainted with?
(a) The secrets of life.
(b) The scent of a woman.
(c) The secrets of nature.
(d) The love of a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first words Beatrice states to Giovanni?
2. Who does Giovanni say to Beatrice gave him the potion?
3. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
4. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
5. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)