|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say is the offspring of her father's science?
(a) HIs memoirs.
(b) The fountain.
(d) The purple shrub.
2. How does Giovanni protect his hand?
(a) With a plaster.
(b) With a bandage.
(c) With a scarf.
(d) With a handkerchief.
3. What does Giovanni kill to prove to Beatrice he has been infected by the poisons?
(a) A spider.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A dog.
4. What had the Indian woman been nourished with since her birth?
5. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A sword.
(c) A spear.
(d) A bread knife.
6. How often does Giovanni now see Beatrice?
(a) Once a week.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Twice a day.
7. What does Beatrice say that should be the only thing Giovanni should believe about her?
(a) What he chooses to believe.
(b) What he hears with his own hears
(c) What he sees with his own eyes.
(d) What he reads.
8. What does Beatrice say when Giovanni offers her the antidote?
(a) Leave me alone.
(c) Give it to me.
(d) To us.
9. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
(a) Many strange and interesting facts.
(b) How to defeat Baglioni.
(c) To go away.
(d) His plans for the garden.
10. What places Giovanni at ease when he first sees Beatrice?
(a) Beatrice's beauty.
(b) The clearing clouds.
(c) A sudden rainfall.
(d) Beatrice's manner.
11. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
(a) The prettiness.
(b) The enigma.
(c) The sunshine.
(d) The mystery.
12. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
13. What is the first words Beatrice states to Giovanni?
(a) How the hell did you get in here.
(b) You lighten up my day.
(c) You are a connoisseur in flowers.
(d) If you don't leave I will scream.
14. What does Beatrice say the purple plant nourished her with?
(a) Its breath.
(b) Its scent.
(c) Its sap.
(d) Its milk.
15. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini has an insane zeal for?
(a) HIs garden.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice call the rumors circling about her abilities as a gardener?
2. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
3. Who does Giovanni say to Beatrice gave him the potion?
4. What does Giovanni wake with a sense of the next day?
5. What does Giovanni suggest that Beatrice and himself go to church to do?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)