|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Indian woman been nourished with since her birth?
2. What does Giovanni suggest that Beatrice and himself go to church to do?
(a) Talk to a priest.
(b) Dip their fingers in holywater.
(c) Free their souls.
(d) Smash windows.
3. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
(a) On Lisabetta's clothes.
(b) On the professor's clothes.
(c) In the professor's imagination.
(d) In Rappaccini's garden.
4. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
5. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
(a) A gold mine.
(b) A diamond mine.
(c) Persian roses.
(d) English roses.
6. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
(a) Gems and marbles.
(b) Crystals and gems.
(c) Diamonds and rubies.
(d) Rubies and marbles.
7. Which of the following ugly things about Beatrice does Giovanni find difficult to forget?
(a) Her language when he tired to touch the purple flower.
(b) Her fingerprints left on his hand and wrist.
(c) The bouquet withered in her grasp.
(d) Her scowl when he insulted her father.
8. What does Giovanni say Beatrice has filled with poison?
(a) His brain.
(b) His arteries.
(c) His heart.
(d) His veins.
9. What does Giovanni call the story Baglioni tells him about Alexander the Great?
(a) A terrible tale.
(b) A childish fable.
(c) A blatant lie.
(d) A kid's spook story.
10. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
11. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
(a) The lover who finally feels loved.
(b) The maiden stuck in a tower.
(c) The romantic whose found her love.
(d) The maiden of a lonely island.
12. What does Giovanni kill to prove to Beatrice he has been infected by the poisons?
(a) A spider.
(b) A lizard.
(d) A dog.
13. What kind of creature does Giovanni kill in this section?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A bird.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A spider.
14. What does Baglioni tell Giovanni he has been reading lately?
(a) An old classic.
(b) A fantasy epic.
(c) A collection of short stories.
(d) A collection of poems.
15. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
(a) To put on perfume.
(b) To comb his hair.
(c) To look in the mirror.
(d) To pluck his nostril hairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
2. Which of the following words does Giovanni use to describe the plants gorgeousness?
3. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
4. What person does Giovanni least expect sympathy from?
5. What does Giovanni say he is conversing with Beatrice like?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)