|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Beatrice grief was beyond?
2. What does Giovanni call the story Baglioni tells him about Alexander the Great?
(a) A childish fable.
(b) A kid's spook story.
(c) A blatant lie.
(d) A terrible tale.
3. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
4. What places Giovanni at ease when he first sees Beatrice?
(a) Beatrice's manner.
(b) A sudden rainfall.
(c) Beatrice's beauty.
(d) The clearing clouds.
5. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
(a) The maiden stuck in a tower.
(b) The romantic whose found her love.
(c) The lover who finally feels loved.
(d) The maiden of a lonely island.
6. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
(a) I've been a fool.
(b) Be quiet old man.
(c) This is not happening.
(d) It is a dream.
7. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
8. What part of Giovanni's body burns when he wakes up?
(a) His back.
(b) His hand.
(c) His legs.
(d) His eyes.
9. How does Giovanni protect his hand?
(a) With a handkerchief.
(b) With a bandage.
(c) With a scarf.
(d) With a plaster.
10. Which of the following words does Giovanni use to describe the plants gorgeousness?
11. What is Beatrice's face brightened by?
12. What does Baglioni say the perfume he can smell in Giovanni's apartment is like?
(a) The spray of deodrant.
(b) The squirt of lemon juice.
(c) The breath of a lady.
(d) The breath of a flower.
13. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
(a) To give to Beatrice.
(b) As a memorial to their meeting.
(c) To contaminate himself with the poison.
(d) To press to his breast.
14. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
15. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
(d) Giovanni's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say when Giovanni offers her the antidote?
2. What does Giovanni say Beatrice has filled with poison?
3. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
4. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's bedroom?
5. What does Baglioni say the Indian woman was as lovely as?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)