|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Giovanni now see Beatrice?
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Once a week.
2. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's bedroom?
(c) Pig sty.
3. What does Giovanni kill to prove to Beatrice he has been infected by the poisons?
(a) A dog.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A spider.
4. What does Giovanni suggest that Beatrice and himself go to church to do?
(a) Talk to a priest.
(b) Dip their fingers in holywater.
(c) Free their souls.
(d) Smash windows.
5. Who does Giovanni say to Beatrice gave him the potion?
(a) A doctor in the know.
(b) A good man.
(c) A wise physician.
6. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
(a) Persian roses.
(b) A gold mine.
(c) English roses.
(d) A diamond mine.
7. What does Beatrice say that should be the only thing Giovanni should believe about her?
(a) What he hears with his own hears
(b) What he sees with his own eyes.
(c) What he reads.
(d) What he chooses to believe.
8. What part of Giovanni's body burns when he wakes up?
(a) His hand.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His legs.
(d) His back.
9. What is the first words Beatrice states to Giovanni?
(a) You are a connoisseur in flowers.
(b) How the hell did you get in here.
(c) If you don't leave I will scream.
(d) You lighten up my day.
10. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
(a) Crystals and gems.
(b) Rubies and marbles.
(c) Gems and marbles.
(d) Diamonds and rubies.
11. What does Beatrice say when Giovanni offers her the antidote?
(b) To us.
(c) Leave me alone.
(d) Give it to me.
12. What does Baglioni say the Indian woman was as lovely as?
(a) The sunset.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The dawn.
(d) The ocean.
13. What word does the author use to describe Beatrice's haughtiness?
14. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
15. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
(a) Its flowers should be left to prosper.
(b) It would take months for it to recover.
(c) It will die.
(d) It would be fatal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say her father's love for science has done to her?
2. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
3. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
4. What does Giovanni realize is the fragrance Baglioni smelled?
5. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)