|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni feel know more when he gazes into Beatrice's eyes?
(a) Unloved and needy.
(b) Doubt or fear.
(c) Anger or hate.
(d) Love or kindness.
2. How often does Giovanni now see Beatrice?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Twice a day.
3. What does Giovanni wake with a sense of the next day?
4. What does Beatrice say the purple plant nourished her with?
(a) Its scent.
(b) Its sap.
(c) Its breath.
(d) Its milk.
5. What does Beatrice say her father is fiercely acquainted with?
(a) The scent of a woman.
(b) The secrets of nature.
(c) The love of a woman.
(d) The secrets of life.
6. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
(a) The mystery.
(b) The enigma.
(c) The sunshine.
(d) The prettiness.
7. Where does Beatice meet Giovanni?
(a) The private entrance.
(b) The purple flower.
(c) The fountain.
(d) Under his window.
8. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
(a) In Rappaccini's garden.
(b) In the professor's imagination.
(c) On Lisabetta's clothes.
(d) On the professor's clothes.
9. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
(a) Rubies and marbles.
(b) Diamonds and rubies.
(c) Crystals and gems.
(d) Gems and marbles.
10. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
11. What is the first words Beatrice states to Giovanni?
(a) How the hell did you get in here.
(b) If you don't leave I will scream.
(c) You lighten up my day.
(d) You are a connoisseur in flowers.
12. Who did the Indian Price send a beautiful Indian girl to?
(a) Alexander the Great.
(b) Marc Anthony.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) King Edward I.
13. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
(a) English roses.
(b) Persian roses.
(c) A gold mine.
(d) A diamond mine.
14. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
(a) Overly self-indulgent.
(b) Coldly self-possessed.
(c) Hugely disappointed.
(d) Warmly faint.
15. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
(a) To go away.
(b) His plans for the garden.
(c) How to defeat Baglioni.
(d) Many strange and interesting facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
2. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
3. What does Giovanni cry at Beatrice with venom?
4. What does Giovanni think his eyes possess?
5. Which of the following ugly things about Beatrice does Giovanni find difficult to forget?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)