|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creature does Giovanni kill in this section?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A spider.
(d) A monkey.
2. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini has an insane zeal for?
(c) His daughter.
(d) HIs garden.
3. Where does Rappaccini watch Beatrice and Giovanni from?
(a) His garden shed.
(b) Giovanni's bedroom.
(c) The garden entrance.
(d) His bedroom.
4. What does Baglioni chuckle to himself on the staircase?
(a) We will thwart Rappaccini yet.
(b) I will win the war and the battle.
(c) I love people too much.
(d) We will cure her of her ills.
5. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
(a) The devil.
(b) From the heavens.
(c) She created it.
(d) Her father created it.
6. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is doing violence towards?
(a) His perfect skin.
(b) His gray hairs.
(c) His intellect.
(d) His passion.
7. What does Baglioni say that Rappaccini doesn't respect?
(a) Family values.
(b) Human life.
(c) The traditions of academia.
(d) The rules of the medical profession.
8. What person does Giovanni least expect sympathy from?
(d) His father.
9. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
(a) The look from her eyes.
(b) The keeness of her smile.
(c) The choke of her laughter.
(d) The words from her lips.
10. Which of the following words does Giovanni use to describe the plants gorgeousness?
11. What places Giovanni at ease when he first sees Beatrice?
(a) A sudden rainfall.
(b) Beatrice's manner.
(c) Beatrice's beauty.
(d) The clearing clouds.
12. What does Giovanni call the story Baglioni tells him about Alexander the Great?
(a) A childish fable.
(b) A blatant lie.
(c) A terrible tale.
(d) A kid's spook story.
13. Which of the following ugly things about Beatrice does Giovanni find difficult to forget?
(a) Her language when he tired to touch the purple flower.
(b) Her fingerprints left on his hand and wrist.
(c) Her scowl when he insulted her father.
(d) The bouquet withered in her grasp.
14. What does Beatrice say that should be the only thing Giovanni should believe about her?
(a) What he hears with his own hears
(b) What he reads.
(c) What he sees with his own eyes.
(d) What he chooses to believe.
15. What does Baglioni tell Giovanni he has been reading lately?
(a) A fantasy epic.
(b) A collection of poems.
(c) An old classic.
(d) A collection of short stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
2. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
3. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
4. What is the one subject Giovanni says Baglioni is barred from speaking to him about?
5. What does Rappaccini say weak women are exposed to?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)