|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creature does Giovanni kill in this section?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A bird.
(c) A spider.
(d) A monkey.
2. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
(b) A sword from a knight's side.
(c) An angry bull let out of its pen.
(d) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
3. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
(a) To contaminate himself with the poison.
(b) As a memorial to their meeting.
(c) To give to Beatrice.
(d) To press to his breast.
4. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
5. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
(b) Go red.
6. What does Rappaccini say weak women are exposed to?
(a) All love.
(b) All evil.
(c) All hate.
(d) All lecherers.
7. What does Giovanni realize is the fragrance Baglioni smelled?
(a) Beatrice's perfume.
(b) The petals stuck to the bottom of his shoe.
(c) The poison on his breath.
(d) Lisabetta's perfume.
8. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
(d) The garden.
9. What does Beatrice say the purple plant nourished her with?
(a) Its scent.
(b) Its sap.
(c) Its breath.
(d) Its milk.
10. What does Giovanni exclaim after his breath kills the creature?
(a) Troubled days.
(b) Take me home.
11. What does Beatrice say is the offspring of her father's science?
(a) The purple shrub.
(b) The fountain.
(c) HIs memoirs.
12. What does Giovanni think his eyes possess?
13. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
(a) By showing him her father's files.
(b) By giving him her hand.
(c) By instructing him on the plants.
(d) By showing him the way out of the garden.
14. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
15. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
(a) He begins to take cuttings of the plants.
(b) He begins to dance naked.
(c) He begins a critical observation of the plants.
(d) He begins to sunbathe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the Indian woman been nourished with since her birth?
2. What word does the author use to describe Beatrice's haughtiness?
3. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
4. What does Beatrice's spirit gush out of her like?
5. What does Beatrice say she has done for the first time in her life?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)