|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
2. Where does Beatice meet Giovanni?
(a) Under his window.
(b) The fountain.
(c) The private entrance.
(d) The purple flower.
3. What passes over Giovanni like a shadow?
4. What word does the author use to describe Beatrice's haughtiness?
5. Why does Giovanni think there is probably no need to apologize for entering the garden?
(a) It would be a sign of weakness.
(b) The garden is too beautiful to be kept private.
(c) He is there on Rappaccini's say so.
(d) Lisabetta owns the garden.
6. Which of the following ugly things about Beatrice does Giovanni find difficult to forget?
(a) Her fingerprints left on his hand and wrist.
(b) The bouquet withered in her grasp.
(c) Her scowl when he insulted her father.
(d) Her language when he tired to touch the purple flower.
7. What part of Giovanni's body burns when he wakes up?
(a) His back.
(b) His hand.
(c) His legs.
(d) His eyes.
8. What does Rappaccini say weak women are exposed to?
(a) All hate.
(b) All love.
(c) All evil.
(d) All lecherers.
9. What does Baglioni tell Giovanni he has been reading lately?
(a) An old classic.
(b) A fantasy epic.
(c) A collection of poems.
(d) A collection of short stories.
10. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
(a) Hold her hand to her bossom.
(b) Fall to her need.
(c) Sigh deeply.
(d) Wipe sweat from her brow.
11. What does Beatrice say that should be the only thing Giovanni should believe about her?
(a) What he chooses to believe.
(b) What he sees with his own eyes.
(c) What he hears with his own hears
(d) What he reads.
12. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
(a) I've been a fool.
(b) This is not happening.
(c) It is a dream.
(d) Be quiet old man.
13. What does Beatrice's spirit gush out of her like?
(a) A fresh salmon.
(c) God's words.
(d) A fresh rill.
14. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
(b) A sword from a knight's side.
(c) An angry bull let out of its pen.
(d) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
15. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
(a) Hugely disappointed.
(b) Warmly faint.
(c) Coldly self-possessed.
(d) Overly self-indulgent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
2. What does Baglioni give Giovanni to help cure Beatrice?
3. What is the first words Beatrice states to Giovanni?
4. What kind of creature does Giovanni kill in this section?
5. How often does Giovanni now see Beatrice?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)