|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say her father is fiercely acquainted with?
(a) The love of a woman.
(b) The secrets of life.
(c) The secrets of nature.
(d) The scent of a woman.
2. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
(a) The Eden of poisonous flowers.
(b) The garden of the unknown.
(c) The Eden of Hell.
(d) The garden of hanging snakes.
3. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
(a) By instructing him on the plants.
(b) By showing him the way out of the garden.
(c) By giving him her hand.
(d) By showing him her father's files.
4. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini has an insane zeal for?
(b) HIs garden.
(c) His daughter.
5. How often does Giovanni now see Beatrice?
(a) Twice a week.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Twice a day.
6. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
7. What does the author say Beatrice grief was beyond?
8. How does Giovanni address Beatrice when he first speaks to her?
(c) Beat box.
9. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
(d) Go red.
10. What does Giovanni call the story Baglioni tells him about Alexander the Great?
(a) A kid's spook story.
(b) A terrible tale.
(c) A blatant lie.
(d) A childish fable.
11. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
(a) English roses.
(b) A gold mine.
(c) A diamond mine.
(d) Persian roses.
12. What does Giovanni think his eyes possess?
13. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
14. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
(a) The devil.
(b) Her father created it.
(c) From the heavens.
(d) She created it.
15. What does Beatrice say the purple plant nourished her with?
(a) Its scent.
(b) Its milk.
(c) Its breath.
(d) Its sap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beatrice emerge behind from?
2. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
3. What does Giovanni say he is conversing with Beatrice like?
4. What does the author say Giovanni's pulses had throbbed with?
5. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)