|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What passes over Giovanni like a shadow?
2. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
(a) The lover who finally feels loved.
(b) The maiden of a lonely island.
(c) The maiden stuck in a tower.
(d) The romantic whose found her love.
3. Why does Giovanni think there is probably no need to apologize for entering the garden?
(a) He is there on Rappaccini's say so.
(b) Lisabetta owns the garden.
(c) The garden is too beautiful to be kept private.
(d) It would be a sign of weakness.
4. Who does Giovanni say has pale intelligence in this section?
5. What does Baglioni say that Rappaccini doesn't respect?
(a) The traditions of academia.
(b) Family values.
(c) Human life.
(d) The rules of the medical profession.
6. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
(a) By giving him her hand.
(b) By showing him her father's files.
(c) By showing him the way out of the garden.
(d) By instructing him on the plants.
7. What does the author say Beatrice grief was beyond?
8. What does Giovanni realize is the fragrance Baglioni smelled?
(a) Beatrice's perfume.
(b) The poison on his breath.
(c) Lisabetta's perfume.
(d) The petals stuck to the bottom of his shoe.
9. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
(a) The look from her eyes.
(b) The keeness of her smile.
(c) The words from her lips.
(d) The choke of her laughter.
10. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
(a) The Eden of poisonous flowers.
(b) The Eden of Hell.
(c) The garden of the unknown.
(d) The garden of hanging snakes.
11. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
12. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
13. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
(a) How to defeat Baglioni.
(b) His plans for the garden.
(c) Many strange and interesting facts.
(d) To go away.
14. Which of the following words does Giovanni use to describe the plants gorgeousness?
15. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
2. How does Giovanni address Beatrice when he first speaks to her?
3. What does Baglioni tell Giovanni he has been reading lately?
4. What makes Beatrice pause and tremble in this section?
5. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)