|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
(a) To go away.
(b) Many strange and interesting facts.
(c) How to defeat Baglioni.
(d) His plans for the garden.
2. What does the author say Giovanni's pulses had throbbed with?
(a) Thin blood.
(b) Luminous blood.
(c) Clotted blood.
(d) Feverish blood.
3. What passes over Giovanni like a shadow?
4. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
(a) Fall to her need.
(b) Sigh deeply.
(c) Hold her hand to her bossom.
(d) Wipe sweat from her brow.
5. Where does Beatice meet Giovanni?
(a) The private entrance.
(b) Under his window.
(c) The purple flower.
(d) The fountain.
6. What does Giovanni say he is conversing with Beatrice like?
(a) A brother.
(b) A lover.
(c) A father.
(d) A friend.
7. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
(a) Warmly faint.
(b) Overly self-indulgent.
(c) Coldly self-possessed.
(d) Hugely disappointed.
8. What is Beatrice's face brightened by?
9. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
(b) Giovanni's father.
10. Where does Rappaccini watch Beatrice and Giovanni from?
(a) Giovanni's bedroom.
(b) The garden entrance.
(c) His garden shed.
(d) His bedroom.
11. What does Beatrice say her father's love for science has done to her?
(a) Given her a grounding in life.
(b) Made her into a recluse.
(c) Estranged her from society.
(d) Shown her true beauty.
12. What does Giovanni wake with a sense of the next day?
13. Why does Giovanni think there is probably no need to apologize for entering the garden?
(a) It would be a sign of weakness.
(b) The garden is too beautiful to be kept private.
(c) He is there on Rappaccini's say so.
(d) Lisabetta owns the garden.
14. Which of the following ugly things about Beatrice does Giovanni find difficult to forget?
(a) Her scowl when he insulted her father.
(b) The bouquet withered in her grasp.
(c) Her language when he tired to touch the purple flower.
(d) Her fingerprints left on his hand and wrist.
15. What does Giovanni think his eyes possess?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
2. Where does Beatrice emerge behind from?
3. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
4. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
5. Who does Giovanni say has pale intelligence in this section?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)