|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What places Giovanni at ease when he first sees Beatrice?
(a) Beatrice's manner.
(b) Beatrice's beauty.
(c) A sudden rainfall.
(d) The clearing clouds.
2. What does Giovanni kill to prove to Beatrice he has been infected by the poisons?
(a) A dog.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A spider.
3. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini has an insane zeal for?
(a) His daughter.
(b) HIs garden.
4. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
(a) Overly self-indulgent.
(b) Warmly faint.
(c) Coldly self-possessed.
(d) Hugely disappointed.
5. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is doing violence towards?
(a) His gray hairs.
(b) His perfect skin.
(c) His intellect.
(d) His passion.
6. Why does Giovanni think there is probably no need to apologize for entering the garden?
(a) Lisabetta owns the garden.
(b) The garden is too beautiful to be kept private.
(c) He is there on Rappaccini's say so.
(d) It would be a sign of weakness.
7. What part of Giovanni's body burns when he wakes up?
(a) His hand.
(b) His legs.
(c) His back.
(d) His eyes.
8. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
(a) A spear.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A sword.
(d) A bread knife.
9. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
10. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
(a) In the professor's imagination.
(b) On Lisabetta's clothes.
(c) In Rappaccini's garden.
(d) On the professor's clothes.
11. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
(a) The words from her lips.
(b) The look from her eyes.
(c) The keeness of her smile.
(d) The choke of her laughter.
12. Which of the following ugly things about Beatrice does Giovanni find difficult to forget?
(a) The bouquet withered in her grasp.
(b) Her fingerprints left on his hand and wrist.
(c) Her scowl when he insulted her father.
(d) Her language when he tired to touch the purple flower.
13. What does Giovanni say he is conversing with Beatrice like?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lover.
(c) A father.
(d) A brother.
14. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
15. What does Baglioni say the Indian woman was as lovely as?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The dawn.
(d) The sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beatice meet Giovanni?
2. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
3. Where does Beatrice emerge behind from?
4. What is the one subject Giovanni says Baglioni is barred from speaking to him about?
5. What passes over Giovanni like a shadow?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)