|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
(a) Hold her hand to her bossom.
(b) Sigh deeply.
(c) Fall to her need.
(d) Wipe sweat from her brow.
2. What is Beatrice's face brightened by?
3. What kind of creature does Giovanni kill in this section?
(a) A bird.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A spider.
(d) A lizard.
4. What does Beatrice say her father is fiercely acquainted with?
(a) The secrets of life.
(b) The love of a woman.
(c) The scent of a woman.
(d) The secrets of nature.
5. What does Beatrice say when Giovanni offers her the antidote?
(b) Give it to me.
(c) To us.
(d) Leave me alone.
6. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
(a) On the professor's clothes.
(b) In the professor's imagination.
(c) In Rappaccini's garden.
(d) On Lisabetta's clothes.
7. What does Baglioni say was the element of the Indian woman's life?
8. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is doing violence towards?
(a) His gray hairs.
(b) His passion.
(c) His perfect skin.
(d) His intellect.
9. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
(b) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
(c) An angry bull let out of its pen.
(d) A sword from a knight's side.
10. What does Baglioni say the Indian woman was as lovely as?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The dawn.
(c) The sunset.
(d) The sunrise.
11. What passes over Giovanni like a shadow?
12. What does Beatrice say is the offspring of her father's science?
(a) HIs memoirs.
(b) The fountain.
(c) The purple shrub.
13. What does Giovanni call the story Baglioni tells him about Alexander the Great?
(a) A terrible tale.
(b) A childish fable.
(c) A kid's spook story.
(d) A blatant lie.
14. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
(a) A silken garment.
(b) Wrapping paper.
(c) A velvet garment.
15. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
(a) Diamonds and rubies.
(b) Crystals and gems.
(c) Rubies and marbles.
(d) Gems and marbles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baglioni say that Rappaccini doesn't respect?
2. What does Beatrice's spirit gush out of her like?
3. What makes Beatrice pause and tremble in this section?
4. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
5. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)