|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say when Giovanni offers her the antidote?
(a) To us.
(c) Leave me alone.
(d) Give it to me.
2. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
(a) Her father created it.
(b) She created it.
(c) From the heavens.
(d) The devil.
3. What places Giovanni at ease when he first sees Beatrice?
(a) Beatrice's manner.
(b) Beatrice's beauty.
(c) The clearing clouds.
(d) A sudden rainfall.
4. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
(a) In the professor's imagination.
(b) On Lisabetta's clothes.
(c) On the professor's clothes.
(d) In Rappaccini's garden.
5. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
(a) Fall to her need.
(b) Hold her hand to her bossom.
(c) Sigh deeply.
(d) Wipe sweat from her brow.
6. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
(a) Go red.
7. What does Giovanni kill to prove to Beatrice he has been infected by the poisons?
(b) A lizard.
(c) A dog.
(d) A spider.
8. What passes over Giovanni like a shadow?
9. What does Baglioni chuckle to himself on the staircase?
(a) I will win the war and the battle.
(b) We will thwart Rappaccini yet.
(c) I love people too much.
(d) We will cure her of her ills.
10. Who did the Indian Price send a beautiful Indian girl to?
(a) Marc Anthony.
(b) Alexander the Great.
(c) King Edward I.
(d) Julius Caesar.
11. Which of the following words does Giovanni use to describe the plants gorgeousness?
12. What person does Giovanni least expect sympathy from?
(a) His father.
13. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
(a) Gems and marbles.
(b) Rubies and marbles.
(c) Diamonds and rubies.
(d) Crystals and gems.
14. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
(a) By instructing him on the plants.
(b) By showing him the way out of the garden.
(c) By giving him her hand.
(d) By showing him her father's files.
15. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
(b) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
(c) A sword from a knight's side.
(d) An angry bull let out of its pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
2. What kind of creature does Giovanni kill in this section?
3. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
4. What does Beatrice say the purple plant nourished her with?
5. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)