|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say is the offspring of her father's science?
(a) The purple shrub.
(b) The fountain.
(d) HIs memoirs.
2. Who does Giovanni say has pale intelligence in this section?
3. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
4. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
(c) The garden.
5. What does Baglioni say the Indian woman was as lovely as?
(a) The sunset.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The dawn.
(d) The ocean.
6. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
(a) The choke of her laughter.
(b) The keeness of her smile.
(c) The look from her eyes.
(d) The words from her lips.
7. How does Giovanni protect his hand?
(a) With a bandage.
(b) With a scarf.
(c) With a handkerchief.
(d) With a plaster.
8. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
(a) To go away.
(b) How to defeat Baglioni.
(c) Many strange and interesting facts.
(d) His plans for the garden.
9. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
(d) Giovanni's father.
10. What does Giovanni kill to prove to Beatrice he has been infected by the poisons?
(a) A spider.
(c) A dog.
(d) A lizard.
11. What does Beatrice say her father is fiercely acquainted with?
(a) The love of a woman.
(b) The secrets of nature.
(c) The scent of a woman.
(d) The secrets of life.
12. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
(a) To press to his breast.
(b) As a memorial to their meeting.
(c) To give to Beatrice.
(d) To contaminate himself with the poison.
13. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
14. What does Giovanni think his eyes possess?
15. What kind of creature does Giovanni kill in this section?
(a) A spider.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baglioni say that Rappaccini doesn't respect?
2. What does Giovanni say Beatrice has filled with poison?
3. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
4. What does Beatrice say that should be the only thing Giovanni should believe about her?
5. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)