|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Beatrice grief was beyond?
2. What is the first words Beatrice states to Giovanni?
(a) How the hell did you get in here.
(b) If you don't leave I will scream.
(c) You lighten up my day.
(d) You are a connoisseur in flowers.
3. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
4. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
(a) Wrapping paper.
(c) A velvet garment.
(d) A silken garment.
5. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's bedroom?
(d) Pig sty.
6. What does Baglioni give Giovanni to help cure Beatrice?
(a) A homemade medicine mixture.
(c) A silver phial.
(d) A tablet.
7. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
(a) Fall to her need.
(b) Wipe sweat from her brow.
(c) Hold her hand to her bossom.
(d) Sigh deeply.
8. What does Rappaccini say weak women are exposed to?
(a) All love.
(b) All evil.
(c) All hate.
(d) All lecherers.
9. How does Giovanni protect his hand?
(a) With a scarf.
(b) With a handkerchief.
(c) With a plaster.
(d) With a bandage.
10. What does Baglioni tell Giovanni he has been reading lately?
(a) A collection of poems.
(b) A fantasy epic.
(c) An old classic.
(d) A collection of short stories.
11. What does Giovanni wake with a sense of the next day?
12. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
13. Who does Giovanni say has pale intelligence in this section?
14. Where does Beatrice say the purple shrub came from?
(a) Her father created it.
(b) She created it.
(c) From the heavens.
(d) The devil.
15. Who does Giovanni say to Beatrice gave him the potion?
(a) A good man.
(b) A wise physician.
(d) A doctor in the know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
2. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
3. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
4. What does Beatrice say her father's love for science has done to her?
5. What part of Giovanni's body burns when he wakes up?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)