|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Baglioni a professor of?
2. What kills the lizard?
(a) A rain drop.
(b) A dew drop from the purple plant.
(c) Beatrice's foot.
(d) Beatrice's foot.
3. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Hope and dread.
(c) Excitement and boredom.
(d) Tears and laughter.
4. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
(a) How rude can you get.
(b) Are you insane.
(c) Have you forgotten me.
(d) Please Giovanni we need to talk.
5. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
6. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) Now let me pass.
(b) You smell.
(c) Go away.
(d) You wouldn't understand me.
7. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
(a) Its radiance.
(b) Its perfumed breath.
(c) Its soft touch.
(d) Its tasty sap.
8. What part of Italy is Giovanni from?
9. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
(b) The fountain.
(c) The purple flower.
(d) His apartment.
10. What is Giovanni beneath as he stands just inside Rappaccini's garden?
(a) The purple plant.
(b) His own window.
(c) A balcony.
(d) Beatrice's window.
11. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
12. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini look lacked?
13. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
(a) She has a strange look on her face.
(b) She has shown too much interest in him.
(c) She maybe working with Rappaccini.
(d) She maybe working with Baglioni.
14. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(b) Is it my birthday.
(c) High heaven.
(d) Holy Virgin.
15. What is all beneath Giovanni's eye when he first looks out of his window?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the fountain?
2. What does Beatrice want to give Giovanni in exchange for his gift?
3. What is Giovanni's surname?
4. How does the author say Beatrice gazed at the insect?
5. What color does Rappaccini dress in?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)