|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
2. What does Beatrice call the purple plant?
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
(a) A force field.
(b) Rubber gloves.
(c) Thick gloves.
(d) Latex gloves.
4. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) Sexual desire.
(b) Warmth of heart.
(c) His deepest hated.
(d) His inner feelings.
5. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
(b) The garden's rich beauty.
(c) Beatrice's rich beauty.
(d) Beatrice's rich voice.
6. Who does Baglioni think Rappaccini is making a study of?
7. What color is the lizard?
8. What is Giovanni beneath as he stands just inside Rappaccini's garden?
(a) The purple plant.
(b) A balcony.
(c) Beatrice's window.
(d) His own window.
9. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
(a) Evil spirits.
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) Sleeping babies.
(d) Heavenly angels.
10. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
(a) A fruit salad.
(b) A chocolate cake.
(c) A full moon.
(d) A tropical sun.
11. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
(a) He is engaged to his sister.
(b) He used to be his school master.
(c) He is his best friend.
(d) He is a friend of the family.
12. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The swaying of trees.
(b) The rustling of leaves.
(c) The singing of birds.
(d) The howling of a wind.
13. What does Giovanni throw down at Beatrice?
(a) His wallet.
(c) His favorite book of poems.
(d) The bouquet of flowers.
14. What does the author compare Beatrice's voice to when she accepts the bouquet?
(a) A chorus of frogs.
(b) A gush of pure water.
(c) A chorus of violins.
(d) A gush of music.
15. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Baglioni a professor of?
2. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
3. What does Giovanni buy on the way home?
4. What is the name of the city Giovanni has moved to?
5. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini look lacked?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)