|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the fountain?
(a) It sprays water in three different directions.
(b) It is covered in moss.
(c) It is cracked down the middle.
(d) It's figurehead has no head.
2. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
(a) The fountain.
(b) The purple flower.
(c) His apartment.
3. What color does Rappaccini dress in?
4. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A piece of silver.
(b) A piece of gold.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
5. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
6. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
7. What does Giovanni bring to Baglioni?
(a) A letter of introduction.
(b) An essay on plants.
(c) A university scroll.
(d) A tape of introduction.
8. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's southern temperament?
9. Who does Baglioni think is an awful man?
(c) Giovanni's father.
10. Who passes Baglioni and Giovanni as they talk?
11. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) HIs wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His writings.
(d) His house.
12. How does Giovanni try to get rid of his fever?
(a) By visiting the university library.
(b) By walking through the streets of Padua.
(c) By listening to his favorite songs.
(d) By doing press ups.
13. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
14. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) You wouldn't understand me.
(b) You smell.
(c) Go away.
(d) Now let me pass.
15. Who does Giovanni say Beatrice should wear the flowers for the sake of?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
2. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
3. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
4. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
5. What does Rappaccini think all medicinal virtues are comprised with?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)