|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Italy is Giovanni from?
2. What does the author say Lisabetta's smile looks like?
(a) A crack in a stone.
(b) A bullet wound.
(c) A carving in wood.
(d) A paper cut.
3. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
(a) A quick mind.
(b) A deep liver.
(c) A quick fancy.
(d) A deep intellect.
4. What does the author says proceeds from the plants as night closes in?
(a) Oppressive inhalations.
(b) Perfumed haze.
(c) Oppressive exhalations.
(d) Perfumed clouds.
5. What is Rappaccini's first name?
6. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
(a) In a nightmare.
(b) With anger.
(c) In a dream.
(d) Like a punch drunk boxer.
7. Who does Baglioni tell Giovanni he grew up side by side with?
(b) Rappaccini's brother.
(c) Giovanni's father.
(d) Giovanni's mother.
8. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
(a) A full moon.
(b) A tropical sun.
(c) A chocolate cake.
(d) A fruit salad.
9. What does Beatrice tell the plant she is faint with?
(a) Lack of life.
(b) Common air.
(c) Lack of love.
(d) Common conversation.
10. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) High heaven.
(b) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(c) Is it my birthday.
(d) Holy Virgin.
11. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
12. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
(a) Photographs of Beatrice.
(b) A secret entrance into Beatrice's bedroom.
(c) A treasure chest.
(d) A private entrance to Rappaccini's garden.
13. Why does Giovanni's landlady originally tell Giovanni to look at the window?
(a) To see the moon.
(b) To feel the sun.
(c) To feel the breeze.
(d) To see the view.
14. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The swaying of trees.
(b) The rustling of leaves.
(c) The howling of a wind.
(d) The singing of birds.
15. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
(a) His lies.
(b) His failures.
(c) His garden.
(d) His success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
2. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
3. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
4. What does Giovanni buy on the way home?
5. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)