|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
2. What does the author say Lisabetta's smile looks like?
(a) A bullet wound.
(b) A paper cut.
(c) A crack in a stone.
(d) A carving in wood.
3. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
(a) She maybe working with Baglioni.
(b) She maybe working with Rappaccini.
(c) She has a strange look on her face.
(d) She has shown too much interest in him.
4. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
5. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) His writings.
(b) HIs wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His house.
6. As far as which city does Lisabetta say Rappaccini is known?
7. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini look lacked?
8. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(a) Inhales the plants.
(b) Dances ballet.
(c) Sings a lullaby.
9. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
(a) A full moon.
(b) A tropical sun.
(c) A fruit salad.
(d) A chocolate cake.
10. What does Lisabetta call Giovanni when she talks to him?
11. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A piece of gold.
(b) A piece of silver.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
12. What does Beatrice call the purple plant?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
13. Who does Baglioni think is an awful man?
(a) Giovanni's father.
14. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
(a) She kicks it away.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She crosses herself.
(d) She cries.
15. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous garden does Giovanni compare Rappaccini's garden to?
2. How does the author say Beatrice gazed at the insect?
3. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
4. What color does Rappaccini dress in?
5. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)