|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
2. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) Warmth of heart.
(b) His inner feelings.
(c) Sexual desire.
(d) His deepest hated.
3. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
(a) His lies.
(b) His garden.
(c) His failures.
(d) His success.
4. Who stops Giovanni in the streets?
5. Who has caused Giovanni's sudden suspicions?
6. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
(a) It is beginning to wither.
(b) Its changing into a cactus.
(c) Its petal are illuminating the whole garden.
(d) Its flowers are changing color.
7. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
(a) Rubber gloves.
(b) Latex gloves.
(c) Thick gloves.
(d) A force field.
8. What kills the lizard?
(a) Beatrice's foot.
(b) A dew drop from the purple plant.
(c) Beatrice's foot.
(d) A rain drop.
9. What is all beneath Giovanni's eye when he first looks out of his window?
10. Why does Giovanni say it doesn't matter if Beatrice is an angel or a demon?
(a) He is in her sphere.
(b) He can change her.
(c) She just needs love.
(d) She will never harm anyone.
11. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) A difficult life.
(b) Inward disease.
(c) Approaching death.
(d) Love sickness.
12. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini look lacked?
13. What is Rappaccini's first name?
14. What does the author compare Beatrice's voice to when she accepts the bouquet?
(a) A gush of music.
(b) A chorus of frogs.
(c) A chorus of violins.
(d) A gush of pure water.
15. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) HIs wife.
(b) His writings.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who passes Baglioni and Giovanni as they talk?
2. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
3. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
4. What does Giovanni bring to Baglioni?
5. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)