|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Giovanni say it doesn't matter if Beatrice is an angel or a demon?
(a) He can change her.
(b) He is in her sphere.
(c) She will never harm anyone.
(d) She just needs love.
2. What does Giovanni throw down at Beatrice?
(a) His favorite book of poems.
(b) The bouquet of flowers.
(c) His wallet.
3. What is the only thing that Baglioni says he knows about Beatrice?
(a) She has deep knowledge of science.
(b) She speaks five languages.
(c) She has giving birth to two children.
(d) She is a good gardener.
4. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) Go away.
(b) You smell.
(c) Now let me pass.
(d) You wouldn't understand me.
5. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A piece of silver.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A piece of gold.
(d) A ring.
6. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
7. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
8. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The singing of birds.
(b) The rustling of leaves.
(c) The howling of a wind.
(d) The swaying of trees.
9. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
(a) Have you forgotten me.
(b) Are you insane.
(c) Please Giovanni we need to talk.
(d) How rude can you get.
10. What is Giovanni's surname?
11. What is the name of the city Giovanni has moved to?
12. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
(a) Latex gloves.
(b) A force field.
(c) Thick gloves.
(d) Rubber gloves.
13. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
(b) Gold pieces.
14. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) His inner feelings.
(b) His deepest hated.
(c) Sexual desire.
(d) Warmth of heart.
15. What does the author say Lisabetta's smile looks like?
(a) A carving in wood.
(b) A paper cut.
(c) A crack in a stone.
(d) A bullet wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who passes Baglioni and Giovanni as they talk?
2. What does Giovanni bring to Baglioni?
3. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
4. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
5. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)