|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The howling of a wind.
(b) The swaying of trees.
(c) The rustling of leaves.
(d) The singing of birds.
2. What biblical character does Giovanni compare Rappaccini to?
3. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
(a) The orange plant,
(b) The green plant.
(c) The purple plant.
(d) The red plant.
4. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
5. What is Baglioni's first name?
6. What famous garden does Giovanni compare Rappaccini's garden to?
(a) The Swedish Gardens.
(b) Kew Gardens.
(c) The Hanging Garden of Babylon.
(d) The Garden of Eden.
7. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) His house.
(b) His writings.
(c) HIs wife.
(d) His daughter.
8. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) The garden's rich beauty.
(b) Beatrice's rich beauty.
(c) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
(d) Beatrice's rich voice.
9. Who has caused Giovanni's sudden suspicions?
10. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
(a) She maybe working with Baglioni.
(b) She maybe working with Rappaccini.
(c) She has shown too much interest in him.
(d) She has a strange look on her face.
11. How does Rappaccini greet Baglioni?
12. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's southern temperament?
13. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
14. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
(a) A force field.
(b) Rubber gloves.
(c) Thick gloves.
(d) Latex gloves.
15. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
(b) His life.
(d) His virginity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
2. What are the strange plants doing to each other as they bask in the sun?
3. What is wrong with the fountain?
4. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
5. Why does Giovanni's landlady originally tell Giovanni to look at the window?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)