|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Tears and laughter.
(c) Excitement and boredom.
(d) Hope and dread.
2. Who meets Giovanni at the door of his lodgings?
(c) His father.
3. How does Giovanni think the insect dies?
(a) From Beatrice's breath.
(b) From Beatrice's perfume.
(c) From landing on Beatrice's hair.
(d) From landing on the plant.
4. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
5. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
(a) Evil spirits.
(b) Heavenly angels.
(c) Beautiful women.
(d) Sleeping babies.
6. What does Beatrice want to give Giovanni in exchange for his gift?
(a) A purple flower.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A dinner.
(d) A kiss.
7. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) His writings.
(b) His house.
(c) His daughter.
(d) HIs wife.
8. What does the author say Lisabetta's smile looks like?
(a) A carving in wood.
(b) A crack in a stone.
(c) A bullet wound.
(d) A paper cut.
9. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(b) High heaven.
(c) Is it my birthday.
(d) Holy Virgin.
10. What is the only thing that Baglioni says he knows about Beatrice?
(a) She is a good gardener.
(b) She has deep knowledge of science.
(c) She has giving birth to two children.
(d) She speaks five languages.
11. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) You smell.
(b) Go away.
(c) You wouldn't understand me.
(d) Now let me pass.
12. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
(a) He is his best friend.
(b) He is a friend of the family.
(c) He used to be his school master.
(d) He is engaged to his sister.
13. Who does Baglioni think Rappaccini is making a study of?
14. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) His inner feelings.
(b) Sexual desire.
(c) His deepest hated.
(d) Warmth of heart.
15. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's southern temperament?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
2. What is wrong with the fountain?
3. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
4. What does Rappaccini think all medicinal virtues are comprised with?
5. What does the author say Giovanni's withered guide leads him through?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)