|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
(a) A dear friend.
(b) An ancient friend.
(c) A foolish pauper.
(d) A gentleman and a scholar.
2. What biblical character does Giovanni compare Rappaccini to?
3. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His house.
(c) HIs wife.
(d) His writings.
4. What is Baglioni a professor of?
5. What is all beneath Giovanni's eye when he first looks out of his window?
6. What is the name of the city Giovanni has moved to?
7. What does Giovanni have to force himself through to get into the garden?
(a) The entanglement of a shrub.
(b) The narrow door opening
(c) A narrow gap in a fence.
(d) A patch of nettles.
8. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
9. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
(a) He thought the professor would have moved from the house.
(b) He thought the professor would see his secrets.
(c) He thought the professor would contact his father.
(d) He though the professor was in love with Beatrice.
10. What kills the lizard?
(a) A dew drop from the purple plant.
(b) Beatrice's foot.
(c) A rain drop.
(d) Beatrice's foot.
11. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A piece of silver.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A piece of gold.
12. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
(a) Have you forgotten me.
(b) Please Giovanni we need to talk.
(c) How rude can you get.
(d) Are you insane.
13. What is Giovanni beneath as he stands just inside Rappaccini's garden?
(a) Beatrice's window.
(b) A balcony.
(c) The purple plant.
(d) His own window.
14. What does Giovanni throw down at Beatrice?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His favorite book of poems.
(c) The bouquet of flowers.
15. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
(a) He is engaged to his sister.
(b) He is his best friend.
(c) He is a friend of the family.
(d) He used to be his school master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Giovanni's apartment?
2. Who does Baglioni tell Giovanni he grew up side by side with?
3. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
4. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
5. What are the strange plants doing to each other as they bask in the sun?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)