|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
2. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) Warmth of heart.
(b) Sexual desire.
(c) His inner feelings.
(d) His deepest hated.
3. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
4. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) His daughter.
(b) HIs wife.
(c) His writings.
(d) His house.
5. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
6. What does Giovanni buy on the way home?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A ring.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
7. What does Beatrice call the purple plant?
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
8. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
(a) A bird.
(b) A garden.
(c) A shooting star.
(d) An airplane.
9. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
(a) Tuscan wine.
(b) Hungarian wine.
(c) French wine.
(d) Naples wine.
10. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
(a) Like a punch drunk boxer.
(b) In a nightmare.
(c) With anger.
(d) In a dream.
11. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini look lacked?
12. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
(a) A mask.
(b) His hand.
(c) A gum shield.
(d) Duct tape.
13. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) A difficult life.
(b) Approaching death.
(c) Inward disease.
(d) Love sickness.
14. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
(a) The breath of God.
(b) The breath of luck.
(c) The breath of life.
(d) The breath of death.
15. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
(a) A rich flower and a beautiful woman.
(b) Being attacked by a plant.
(c) Going home to Naples.
(d) Flying through the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni have a supply of in his pocket?
2. What does Beatrice want to give Giovanni in exchange for his gift?
3. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
4. Who has caused Giovanni's sudden suspicions?
5. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)