|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) You smell.
(b) Go away.
(c) Now let me pass.
(d) You wouldn't understand me.
2. What does Lisabetta call Giovanni when she talks to him?
3. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
(a) Evil spirits.
(b) Heavenly angels.
(c) Beautiful women.
(d) Sleeping babies.
4. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
5. What is Baglioni a professor of?
6. What is Giovanni beneath as he stands just inside Rappaccini's garden?
(a) His own window.
(b) Beatrice's window.
(c) A balcony.
(d) The purple plant.
7. Why does Giovanni say it doesn't matter if Beatrice is an angel or a demon?
(a) He is in her sphere.
(b) She just needs love.
(c) She will never harm anyone.
(d) He can change her.
8. What is Rappaccini's first name?
9. Who meets Giovanni at the door of his lodgings?
(c) His father.
10. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
11. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini's look was as deep as?
12. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
(a) With anger.
(b) In a dream.
(c) In a nightmare.
(d) Like a punch drunk boxer.
13. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) Sexual desire.
(b) His deepest hated.
(c) His inner feelings.
(d) Warmth of heart.
14. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
(a) The fountain.
(c) The purple flower.
(d) His apartment.
15. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A garden.
(c) A bird.
(d) A shooting star.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kills the lizard?
2. What is Baglioni's first name?
3. Who has caused Giovanni's sudden suspicions?
4. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
5. What biblical character does Giovanni compare Rappaccini to?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)