|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Baglioni a professor of?
2. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
(a) A chocolate cake.
(b) A full moon.
(c) A tropical sun.
(d) A fruit salad.
3. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
4. What color does Rappaccini dress in?
5. What is Giovanni's surname?
6. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) Beatrice's rich voice.
(b) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
(c) The garden's rich beauty.
(d) Beatrice's rich beauty.
7. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(b) Inhales the plants.
(c) Dances ballet.
(d) Sings a lullaby.
8. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
(a) Photographs of Beatrice.
(b) A secret entrance into Beatrice's bedroom.
(c) A private entrance to Rappaccini's garden.
(d) A treasure chest.
9. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(b) Is it my birthday.
(c) Holy Virgin.
(d) High heaven.
10. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
(a) Going home to Naples.
(b) Being attacked by a plant.
(c) A rich flower and a beautiful woman.
(d) Flying through the garden.
11. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Giovanni's apartment?
12. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
(a) Its flowers are changing color.
(b) Its petal are illuminating the whole garden.
(c) Its changing into a cactus.
(d) It is beginning to wither.
13. What does the author say Lisabetta's smile looks like?
(a) A bullet wound.
(b) A paper cut.
(c) A crack in a stone.
(d) A carving in wood.
14. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
(a) Hungarian wine.
(b) Naples wine.
(c) Tuscan wine.
(d) French wine.
15. What part of Italy is Giovanni from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
2. Why does Giovanni's landlady originally tell Giovanni to look at the window?
3. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
4. Who does Baglioni think is an awful man?
5. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)