|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She crosses herself.
(c) She cries.
(d) She kicks it away.
2. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
3. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A piece of gold.
(c) A piece of silver.
(d) A ring.
4. Why does Giovanni say it doesn't matter if Beatrice is an angel or a demon?
(a) He can change her.
(b) He is in her sphere.
(c) She will never harm anyone.
(d) She just needs love.
5. Who does Giovanni say Beatrice should wear the flowers for the sake of?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
6. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The howling of a wind.
(b) The rustling of leaves.
(c) The swaying of trees.
(d) The singing of birds.
7. What does Beatrice do when she first approaches the purple shrub in this section?
(a) Screams into its pollen.
(b) Throws open her arms.
(c) Drops to her knees.
(d) Pets its stem.
8. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) Approaching death.
(b) Inward disease.
(c) A difficult life.
(d) Love sickness.
9. What color does Rappaccini dress in?
10. What does Giovanni have to force himself through to get into the garden?
(a) The narrow door opening
(b) The entanglement of a shrub.
(c) A patch of nettles.
(d) A narrow gap in a fence.
11. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
(a) Going home to Naples.
(b) Flying through the garden.
(c) Being attacked by a plant.
(d) A rich flower and a beautiful woman.
12. What are the strange plants doing to each other as they bask in the sun?
13. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
(a) It is beginning to wither.
(b) Its flowers are changing color.
(c) Its changing into a cactus.
(d) Its petal are illuminating the whole garden.
14. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
(a) A fruit salad.
(b) A full moon.
(c) A chocolate cake.
(d) A tropical sun.
15. What does Beatrice want to give Giovanni in exchange for his gift?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A dinner.
(d) A purple flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author say Beatrice gazed at the insect?
2. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
3. What part of Italy is Giovanni from?
4. What is Giovanni's surname?
5. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)