|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
(a) Have you forgotten me.
(b) Please Giovanni we need to talk.
(c) Are you insane.
(d) How rude can you get.
2. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
3. What does Beatrice do when she first approaches the purple shrub in this section?
(a) Drops to her knees.
(b) Screams into its pollen.
(c) Throws open her arms.
(d) Pets its stem.
4. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's southern temperament?
5. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
(a) A garden.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A bird.
(d) A shooting star.
6. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
(a) He used to be his school master.
(b) He is his best friend.
(c) He is a friend of the family.
(d) He is engaged to his sister.
7. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
(a) Thick gloves.
(b) A force field.
(c) Rubber gloves.
(d) Latex gloves.
8. What color is the lizard?
9. What is Baglioni a professor of?
10. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) Love sickness.
(b) Approaching death.
(c) Inward disease.
(d) A difficult life.
11. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
(a) The breath of luck.
(b) The breath of God.
(c) The breath of life.
(d) The breath of death.
12. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
(a) He wants to show her something.
(b) He wants her to make a cup of coffee.
(c) He needs her help.
(d) He wants to look at her.
13. What biblical character does Giovanni compare Rappaccini to?
14. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
15. What is Baglioni's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
2. What does Rappaccini think all medicinal virtues are comprised with?
3. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
4. Who does Baglioni tell Giovanni he grew up side by side with?
5. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)