|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni bring to Baglioni?
(a) A tape of introduction.
(b) A university scroll.
(c) An essay on plants.
(d) A letter of introduction.
2. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
3. What does Giovanni throw down at Beatrice?
(a) His favorite book of poems.
(b) The bouquet of flowers.
(d) His wallet.
4. What is wrong with the fountain?
(a) It's figurehead has no head.
(b) It sprays water in three different directions.
(c) It is covered in moss.
(d) It is cracked down the middle.
5. How does Giovanni think the insect dies?
(a) From Beatrice's breath.
(b) From landing on Beatrice's hair.
(c) From Beatrice's perfume.
(d) From landing on the plant.
6. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) Go away.
(b) Now let me pass.
(c) You smell.
(d) You wouldn't understand me.
7. Who has caused Giovanni's sudden suspicions?
8. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(b) Inhales the plants.
(c) Dances ballet.
(d) Sings a lullaby.
9. Who does Baglioni think is an awful man?
(b) Giovanni's father.
10. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
(a) Gold pieces.
11. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) His inner feelings.
(b) Sexual desire.
(c) His deepest hated.
(d) Warmth of heart.
12. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
(a) His success.
(b) His garden.
(c) His lies.
(d) His failures.
13. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
(a) The red plant.
(b) The purple plant.
(c) The orange plant,
(d) The green plant.
14. What kills the lizard?
(a) Beatrice's foot.
(b) A dew drop from the purple plant.
(c) Beatrice's foot.
(d) A rain drop.
15. What does Lisabetta call Giovanni when she talks to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
2. Why does Giovanni say it doesn't matter if Beatrice is an angel or a demon?
3. What is Baglioni a professor of?
4. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
5. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)