|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
(a) His success.
(b) His lies.
(c) His failures.
(d) His garden.
2. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
3. What is Baglioni's first name?
4. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) Beatrice's rich voice.
(b) The garden's rich beauty.
(c) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
(d) Beatrice's rich beauty.
5. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
6. Who stops Giovanni in the streets?
7. What does Giovanni bring to Baglioni?
(a) A university scroll.
(b) A tape of introduction.
(c) A letter of introduction.
(d) An essay on plants.
8. What is all beneath Giovanni's eye when he first looks out of his window?
9. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
(a) A mask.
(b) A gum shield.
(c) His hand.
(d) Duct tape.
10. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
(a) Rubber gloves.
(b) Thick gloves.
(c) A force field.
(d) Latex gloves.
11. What are the strange plants doing to each other as they bask in the sun?
12. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) HIs wife.
(b) His writings.
(c) His house.
(d) His daughter.
13. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
(a) With anger.
(b) Like a punch drunk boxer.
(c) In a dream.
(d) In a nightmare.
14. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
(a) Excitement and boredom.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Hope and dread.
(d) Tears and laughter.
15. What is Rappaccini's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
2. Who does Baglioni think Rappaccini is making a study of?
3. How does Rappaccini greet Baglioni?
4. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
5. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)