|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
2. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
(a) She crosses herself.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She cries.
(d) She kicks it away.
3. Who stops Giovanni in the streets?
4. Who does Giovanni say Beatrice should wear the flowers for the sake of?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
(a) Its radiance.
(b) Its perfumed breath.
(c) Its soft touch.
(d) Its tasty sap.
6. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
(a) His life.
(c) His virginity.
7. What does Giovanni bring to Baglioni?
(a) A letter of introduction.
(b) An essay on plants.
(c) A tape of introduction.
(d) A university scroll.
8. What does Giovanni throw down at Beatrice?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His favorite book of poems.
(c) The bouquet of flowers.
9. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
(a) A private entrance to Rappaccini's garden.
(b) Photographs of Beatrice.
(c) A secret entrance into Beatrice's bedroom.
(d) A treasure chest.
10. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini look lacked?
11. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
(a) A deep liver.
(b) A quick mind.
(c) A quick fancy.
(d) A deep intellect.
12. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
(a) Naples wine.
(b) Hungarian wine.
(c) Tuscan wine.
(d) French wine.
13. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) Inward disease.
(b) Love sickness.
(c) A difficult life.
(d) Approaching death.
14. How does the author say Beatrice gazed at the insect?
(a) With adult commonsense.
(b) With brutal honesty.
(c) With childish delight.
(d) With humorless eyes.
15. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
(d) Gold pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Giovanni's surname?
2. What is Rappaccini's first name?
3. What is wrong with the fountain?
4. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
5. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)