|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Giovanni at the door of his lodgings?
(c) His father.
2. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
3. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
4. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) His house.
(b) HIs wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His writings.
5. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
6. Who has caused Giovanni's sudden suspicions?
7. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
8. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(b) Holy Virgin.
(c) High heaven.
(d) Is it my birthday.
9. What is Giovanni's surname?
10. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
(a) He thought the professor would contact his father.
(b) He thought the professor would have moved from the house.
(c) He though the professor was in love with Beatrice.
(d) He thought the professor would see his secrets.
11. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
(a) A deep intellect.
(b) A quick fancy.
(c) A deep liver.
(d) A quick mind.
12. As far as which city does Lisabetta say Rappaccini is known?
13. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The swaying of trees.
(b) The singing of birds.
(c) The howling of a wind.
(d) The rustling of leaves.
14. What does Giovanni have a supply of in his pocket?
(a) Gold ducats.
(d) Boiled sweets.
15. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
(a) She maybe working with Baglioni.
(b) She has shown too much interest in him.
(c) She maybe working with Rappaccini.
(d) She has a strange look on her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Giovanni in the streets?
2. How does the author say Beatrice gazed at the insect?
3. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
4. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
5. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)