|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
(a) Naples wine.
(b) Hungarian wine.
(c) Tuscan wine.
(d) French wine.
2. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) His writings.
(b) His daughter.
(c) HIs wife.
(d) His house.
3. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) Love sickness.
(b) A difficult life.
(c) Inward disease.
(d) Approaching death.
4. Who stops Giovanni in the streets?
5. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
6. How does Giovanni think the insect dies?
(a) From landing on the plant.
(b) From Beatrice's perfume.
(c) From landing on Beatrice's hair.
(d) From Beatrice's breath.
7. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
8. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
(a) Heavenly angels.
(b) Sleeping babies.
(c) Evil spirits.
(d) Beautiful women.
9. What color is the lizard?
10. What does Giovanni buy on the way home?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A ring.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A pair of shoes.
11. What is the name of the city Giovanni has moved to?
12. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
(a) A deep liver.
(b) A quick mind.
(c) A quick fancy.
(d) A deep intellect.
13. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Giovanni's apartment?
14. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
15. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The howling of a wind.
(b) The singing of birds.
(c) The rustling of leaves.
(d) The swaying of trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical character does Giovanni compare Rappaccini to?
2. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
3. What part of Italy is Giovanni from?
4. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
5. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini look lacked?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)