|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Giovanni say Beatrice should wear the flowers for the sake of?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Giovanni throw down at Beatrice?
(a) The bouquet of flowers.
(c) His favorite book of poems.
(d) His wallet.
3. What does Beatrice call the purple plant?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
4. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
5. What does Giovanni bring to Baglioni?
(a) A letter of introduction.
(b) A tape of introduction.
(c) A university scroll.
(d) An essay on plants.
6. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini's look was as deep as?
7. How does the author say Beatrice gazed at the insect?
(a) With brutal honesty.
(b) With adult commonsense.
(c) With childish delight.
(d) With humorless eyes.
8. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
9. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(a) Sings a lullaby.
(b) Dances ballet.
(c) Inhales the plants.
10. Who does Baglioni tell Giovanni he grew up side by side with?
(b) Rappaccini's brother.
(c) Giovanni's father.
(d) Giovanni's mother.
11. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
(a) A full moon.
(b) A chocolate cake.
(c) A fruit salad.
(d) A tropical sun.
12. What is the name of the city Giovanni has moved to?
13. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
(a) Sleeping babies.
(b) Evil spirits.
(c) Heavenly angels.
(d) Beautiful women.
14. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
(a) A treasure chest.
(b) Photographs of Beatrice.
(c) A private entrance to Rappaccini's garden.
(d) A secret entrance into Beatrice's bedroom.
15. What does Beatrice do when she first approaches the purple shrub in this section?
(a) Throws open her arms.
(b) Pets its stem.
(c) Screams into its pollen.
(d) Drops to her knees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's southern temperament?
2. What color is the lizard?
3. Who has caused Giovanni's sudden suspicions?
4. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
5. What does Beatrice tell the plant she is faint with?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)