|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say is the offspring of her father's science?
(a) The fountain.
(c) The purple shrub.
(d) HIs memoirs.
2. What does Giovanni say Beatrice has filled with poison?
(a) His brain.
(b) His heart.
(c) His veins.
(d) His arteries.
3. Who does Baglioni tell Giovanni he grew up side by side with?
(a) Rappaccini's brother.
(b) Giovanni's mother.
(c) Giovanni's father.
4. What does the author compare Beatrice's voice to when she accepts the bouquet?
(a) A chorus of violins.
(b) A chorus of frogs.
(c) A gush of music.
(d) A gush of pure water.
5. What had the Indian woman been nourished with since her birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
2. What part of Giovanni's body burns when he wakes up?
3. What is Rappaccini's first name?
4. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
5. What does Baglioni chuckle to himself on the staircase?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)