|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Baglioni tell Giovanni he grew up side by side with?
(a) Giovanni's father.
(b) Giovanni's mother.
(d) Rappaccini's brother.
2. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
(b) Beatrice's rich beauty.
(c) Beatrice's rich voice.
(d) The garden's rich beauty.
3. Who meets Giovanni at the door of his lodgings?
(a) His father.
4. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
(a) To contaminate himself with the poison.
(b) To give to Beatrice.
(c) To press to his breast.
(d) As a memorial to their meeting.
5. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
(a) Hungarian wine.
(b) French wine.
(c) Tuscan wine.
(d) Naples wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
2. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
3. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
4. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
5. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)