|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Baglioni think is an awful man?
(d) Giovanni's father.
2. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
(a) As a memorial to their meeting.
(b) To give to Beatrice.
(c) To contaminate himself with the poison.
(d) To press to his breast.
3. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
(a) Hungarian wine.
(b) Tuscan wine.
(c) French wine.
(d) Naples wine.
4. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) Is it my birthday.
(b) Holy Virgin.
(c) High heaven.
(d) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
5. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
(a) Hope and dread.
(b) Tears and laughter.
(c) Excitement and boredom.
(d) Love and hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
2. What does Beatrice say is the offspring of her father's science?
3. How does Giovanni address Beatrice when he first speaks to her?
4. What does Baglioni say the perfume he can smell in Giovanni's apartment is like?
5. What does Baglioni chuckle to himself on the staircase?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)