|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) Sexual desire.
(b) Warmth of heart.
(c) His deepest hated.
(d) His inner feelings.
2. How does Giovanni try to get rid of his fever?
(a) By visiting the university library.
(b) By listening to his favorite songs.
(c) By doing press ups.
(d) By walking through the streets of Padua.
3. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
(a) To comb his hair.
(b) To look in the mirror.
(c) To pluck his nostril hairs.
(d) To put on perfume.
4. What does Giovanni cry at Beatrice with venom?
(a) Accursed one.
(b) Devil child.
(d) Evil one.
5. Why does Giovanni's landlady originally tell Giovanni to look at the window?
(a) To see the moon.
(b) To feel the sun.
(c) To feel the breeze.
(d) To see the view.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
2. What does Giovanni suggest that Beatrice and himself go to church to do?
3. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
4. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini's look was as deep as?
5. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)