|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) The garden's rich beauty.
(b) Beatrice's rich beauty.
(c) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
(d) Beatrice's rich voice.
2. What famous garden does Giovanni compare Rappaccini's garden to?
(a) Kew Gardens.
(b) The Hanging Garden of Babylon.
(c) The Garden of Eden.
(d) The Swedish Gardens.
3. What is Giovanni's surname?
4. What does Baglioni tell Giovanni he has been reading lately?
(a) A fantasy epic.
(b) An old classic.
(c) A collection of short stories.
(d) A collection of poems.
5. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's southern temperament?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni suggest that Beatrice and himself go to church to do?
2. What color does Rappaccini dress in?
3. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
4. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
5. What kills the lizard?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)