|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
(b) His virginity.
(d) His life.
2. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
3. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
(a) The maiden of a lonely island.
(b) The lover who finally feels loved.
(c) The romantic whose found her love.
(d) The maiden stuck in a tower.
4. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
5. What does Giovanni have a supply of in his pocket?
(a) Gold ducats.
(b) Boiled sweets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Giovanni use to describe the plants gorgeousness?
2. What does Beatrice call the purple plant?
3. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
4. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
5. How does Giovanni address Beatrice when he first speaks to her?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)