|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice call the rumors circling about her abilities as a gardener?
2. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
(a) A deep liver.
(b) A quick fancy.
(c) A deep intellect.
(d) A quick mind.
3. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
(a) A treasure chest.
(b) A secret entrance into Beatrice's bedroom.
(c) A private entrance to Rappaccini's garden.
(d) Photographs of Beatrice.
4. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
(b) The fountain.
(c) The purple flower.
(d) His apartment.
5. What word does the author use to describe Beatrice's haughtiness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
2. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
3. What does Giovanni kill to prove to Beatrice he has been infected by the poisons?
4. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
5. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)