|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author says proceeds from the plants as night closes in?
(a) Perfumed clouds.
(b) Oppressive exhalations.
(c) Oppressive inhalations.
(d) Perfumed haze.
2. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
(a) Flying through the garden.
(b) Going home to Naples.
(c) Being attacked by a plant.
(d) A rich flower and a beautiful woman.
3. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
(a) He wants to look at her.
(b) He needs her help.
(c) He wants her to make a cup of coffee.
(d) He wants to show her something.
4. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
(a) Sleeping babies.
(b) Heavenly angels.
(c) Beautiful women.
(d) Evil spirits.
5. What does Beatrice say is the offspring of her father's science?
(b) The fountain.
(c) HIs memoirs.
(d) The purple shrub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at Giovanni's window as Beatrice dies?
2. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
3. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
4. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
5. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)