|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baglioni say that Rappaccini doesn't respect?
(a) The rules of the medical profession.
(b) Human life.
(c) Family values.
(d) The traditions of academia.
2. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
3. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
(a) In Rappaccini's garden.
(b) In the professor's imagination.
(c) On the professor's clothes.
(d) On Lisabetta's clothes.
4. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The rustling of leaves.
(b) The howling of a wind.
(c) The swaying of trees.
(d) The singing of birds.
5. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
(a) The sunshine.
(b) The prettiness.
(c) The mystery.
(d) The enigma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
2. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
3. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
4. Why does Giovanni think there is probably no need to apologize for entering the garden?
5. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)