|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following sentence "If fame says..."
2. What does the author say Giovanni's rage breaks forth like?
(a) A lightning flash out of a dark cloud.
(b) An angry bull let out of its pen.
(c) A camera flash out of a dark cloud.
(d) A sword from a knight's side.
3. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
(a) It would take months for it to recover.
(b) Its flowers should be left to prosper.
(c) It would be fatal.
(d) It will die.
4. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
5. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A piece of silver.
(c) A ring.
(d) A piece of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Giovanni beneath as he stands just inside Rappaccini's garden?
2. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
3. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini's look was as deep as?
4. Why does Giovanni say it doesn't matter if Beatrice is an angel or a demon?
5. What does Giovanni mutter to himself when Baglioni tries to tell him the truth?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)