|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
(a) He needs her help.
(b) He wants to look at her.
(c) He wants to show her something.
(d) He wants her to make a cup of coffee.
2. What does Giovanni have a supply of in his pocket?
(b) Gold ducats.
(d) Boiled sweets.
3. What does Giovanni cry at Beatrice with venom?
(a) Devil child.
(b) Accursed one.
(c) Evil one.
4. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
(a) The enigma.
(b) The mystery.
(c) The sunshine.
(d) The prettiness.
5. What does Beatrice say the purple plant nourished her with?
(a) Its sap.
(b) Its milk.
(c) Its scent.
(d) Its breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
2. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
3. What does Beatrice say is her father's world?
4. Who does Baglioni tell Giovanni he grew up side by side with?
5. What had the Indian woman been nourished with since her birth?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)