|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Lisabetta's smile looks like?
(a) A paper cut.
(b) A bullet wound.
(c) A carving in wood.
(d) A crack in a stone.
2. What is Beatrice's face brightened by?
3. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
4. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
(a) The enigma.
(b) The prettiness.
(c) The mystery.
(d) The sunshine.
5. How does Giovanni try to get rid of his fever?
(a) By visiting the university library.
(b) By listening to his favorite songs.
(c) By doing press ups.
(d) By walking through the streets of Padua.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
2. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
3. What does the author say Giovanni's withered guide leads him through?
4. What places Giovanni at ease when he first sees Beatrice?
5. How does Giovanni think the insect dies?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)