|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
(a) It will die.
(b) It would be fatal.
(c) Its flowers should be left to prosper.
(d) It would take months for it to recover.
2. What does Beatrice say her father's love for science has done to her?
(a) Estranged her from society.
(b) Made her into a recluse.
(c) Given her a grounding in life.
(d) Shown her true beauty.
3. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
(a) She cries.
(b) She kicks it away.
(c) She crosses herself.
(d) She laughs.
4. What does Baglioni say that Rappaccini doesn't respect?
(a) Family values.
(b) The rules of the medical profession.
(c) The traditions of academia.
(d) Human life.
5. What does Rappaccini think all medicinal virtues are comprised with?
(a) Botanic poisons.
(b) Vegetable poisons.
(c) Pollen poisons.
(d) Fruit poisons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
2. How often does Giovanni now see Beatrice?
3. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
4. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
5. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)