|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
(a) The Eden of poisonous flowers.
(b) The garden of the unknown.
(c) The Eden of Hell.
(d) The garden of hanging snakes.
2. Who passes Baglioni and Giovanni as they talk?
3. What does the author say Giovanni's pulses had throbbed with?
(a) Feverish blood.
(b) Clotted blood.
(c) Thin blood.
(d) Luminous blood.
4. What does Baglioni give Giovanni to help cure Beatrice?
(b) A silver phial.
(c) A tablet.
(d) A homemade medicine mixture.
5. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
(a) Crystals and gems.
(b) Rubies and marbles.
(c) Gems and marbles.
(d) Diamonds and rubies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
2. Who does Baglioni think is an awful man?
3. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's southern temperament?
4. What was the Indian woman's breath richer than?
5. What does Giovanni have a supply of in his pocket?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)