|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
2. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
(a) In a nightmare.
(b) In a dream.
(c) With anger.
(d) Like a punch drunk boxer.
3. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
(a) A deep intellect.
(b) A quick fancy.
(c) A deep liver.
(d) A quick mind.
4. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) His daughter.
(b) HIs wife.
(c) His writings.
(d) His house.
5. Who has caused Giovanni's sudden suspicions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni say he is conversing with Beatrice like?
2. What does Beatrice call the purple plant?
3. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
4. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
5. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)