|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Giovanni try to get rid of his fever?
(a) By listening to his favorite songs.
(b) By doing press ups.
(c) By visiting the university library.
(d) By walking through the streets of Padua.
2. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
3. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
(c) His virginity.
(d) His life.
4. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
(a) Gold pieces.
5. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
(b) Beatrice's rich beauty.
(c) Beatrice's rich voice.
(d) The garden's rich beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
2. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
3. What does the author say Giovanni's withered guide leads him through?
4. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
5. What biblical character does Giovanni compare Rappaccini to?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)