|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say is the only thing true about her?
(a) The choke of her laughter.
(b) The words from her lips.
(c) The look from her eyes.
(d) The keeness of her smile.
2. What does Rappiccini avoid doing when he is among his plants?
(a) Touching them.
(b) Standing still.
(c) Raising his voice.
(d) Looking at them.
3. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
(a) Photographs of Beatrice.
(b) A secret entrance into Beatrice's bedroom.
(c) A private entrance to Rappaccini's garden.
(d) A treasure chest.
4. How does Giovanni address Beatrice when he first speaks to her?
(a) Beat box.
5. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) Beatrice's rich beauty.
(b) The garden's rich beauty.
(c) Beatrice's rich voice.
(d) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the fountain?
2. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's southern temperament?
3. What is Baglioni a professor of?
4. Who does Baglioni think Rappaccini is making a study of?
5. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)