|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rappaccini's first name?
2. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
(a) Excitement and boredom.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Tears and laughter.
(d) Hope and dread.
3. What does Giovanni say he is conversing with Beatrice like?
(a) A lover.
(b) A father.
(c) A friend.
(d) A brother.
4. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(b) Inhales the plants.
(c) Sings a lullaby.
(d) Dances ballet.
5. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
(a) The garden of hanging snakes.
(b) The Eden of Hell.
(c) The Eden of poisonous flowers.
(d) The garden of the unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni throw down at Beatrice?
2. What word does the author use to describe Beatrice's haughtiness?
3. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
4. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
5. What is Beatrice's face brightened by?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)