|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's southern temperament?
2. What is Rappaccini's first name?
3. What is wrong with the fountain?
(a) It sprays water in three different directions.
(b) It's figurehead has no head.
(c) It is covered in moss.
(d) It is cracked down the middle.
4. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) High heaven.
(b) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(c) Holy Virgin.
(d) Is it my birthday.
5. How does Rappaccini greet Baglioni?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
2. What color is the lizard?
3. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
4. What famous garden does Giovanni compare Rappaccini's garden to?
5. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)