|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
(a) It will die.
(b) It would be fatal.
(c) Its flowers should be left to prosper.
(d) It would take months for it to recover.
2. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
(a) A force field.
(b) Latex gloves.
(c) Rubber gloves.
(d) Thick gloves.
3. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
(a) A spear.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A sword.
(d) A bread knife.
4. What does Beatrice say she has done for the first time in her life?
(a) Spoken to a man.
(b) Fallen in love.
(c) Forgotten the plant.
(d) Walked out of the garden.
5. What does Giovanni buy on the way home?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A postcard.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Lisabetta's smile looks like?
2. Which of the following words does Giovanni use to describe the plants gorgeousness?
3. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
4. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
5. What famous garden does Giovanni compare Rappaccini's garden to?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)