|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Giovanni say Beatrice should wear the flowers for the sake of?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
2. How does Giovanni protect his hand?
(a) With a scarf.
(b) With a plaster.
(c) With a bandage.
(d) With a handkerchief.
3. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
(a) A dear friend.
(b) A foolish pauper.
(c) An ancient friend.
(d) A gentleman and a scholar.
4. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
(a) By giving him her hand.
(b) By instructing him on the plants.
(c) By showing him the way out of the garden.
(d) By showing him her father's files.
5. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
(a) He thought the professor would see his secrets.
(b) He thought the professor would have moved from the house.
(c) He though the professor was in love with Beatrice.
(d) He thought the professor would contact his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
2. As far as which city does Lisabetta say Rappaccini is known?
3. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
4. What is the name of the city Giovanni has moved to?
5. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)