|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Giovanni say it doesn't matter if Beatrice is an angel or a demon?
(a) She just needs love.
(b) He can change her.
(c) She will never harm anyone.
(d) He is in her sphere.
2. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
3. What does the author says proceeds from the plants as night closes in?
(a) Oppressive exhalations.
(b) Perfumed clouds.
(c) Perfumed haze.
(d) Oppressive inhalations.
4. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
(a) Gold pieces.
5. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice do when she first approaches the purple shrub in this section?
2. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
3. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
4. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Giovanni's apartment?
5. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)