|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author say Beatrice gazed at the insect?
(a) With adult commonsense.
(b) With brutal honesty.
(c) With humorless eyes.
(d) With childish delight.
2. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
3. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
(a) He wants her to make a cup of coffee.
(b) He wants to look at her.
(c) He needs her help.
(d) He wants to show her something.
4. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) High heaven.
(b) Is it my birthday.
(c) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(d) Holy Virgin.
5. What does Giovanni buy on the way home?
(a) A ring.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A postcard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rappaccini think all medicinal virtues are comprised with?
2. What does the author say Giovanni's withered guide leads him through?
3. How does Rappaccini greet Baglioni?
4. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
5. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)