|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
(a) The singing of birds.
(b) The swaying of trees.
(c) The howling of a wind.
(d) The rustling of leaves.
2. What is Giovanni beneath as he stands just inside Rappaccini's garden?
(a) His own window.
(b) A balcony.
(c) Beatrice's window.
(d) The purple plant.
3. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) A difficult life.
(b) Inward disease.
(c) Approaching death.
(d) Love sickness.
4. How does Giovanni think the insect dies?
(a) From Beatrice's perfume.
(b) From landing on the plant.
(c) From Beatrice's breath.
(d) From landing on Beatrice's hair.
5. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
(a) The orange plant,
(b) The purple plant.
(c) The red plant.
(d) The green plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Lisabetta's smile looks like?
2. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
3. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
4. Who passes Baglioni and Giovanni as they talk?
5. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)