|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice tell the plant she is faint with?
(a) Common air.
(b) Common conversation.
(c) Lack of life.
(d) Lack of love.
2. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) His inner feelings.
(b) Warmth of heart.
(c) His deepest hated.
(d) Sexual desire.
3. How does Giovanni try to get rid of his fever?
(a) By walking through the streets of Padua.
(b) By visiting the university library.
(c) By listening to his favorite songs.
(d) By doing press ups.
4. What famous garden does Giovanni compare Rappaccini's garden to?
(a) The Garden of Eden.
(b) The Swedish Gardens.
(c) Kew Gardens.
(d) The Hanging Garden of Babylon.
5. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) Beatrice's rich beauty.
(b) Beatrice's rich voice.
(c) The garden's rich beauty.
(d) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
2. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
3. What does Giovanni throw down at Beatrice?
4. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
5. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)