|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni have a supply of in his pocket?
(c) Gold ducats.
(d) Boiled sweets.
2. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
3. How does Giovanni try to get rid of his fever?
(a) By listening to his favorite songs.
(b) By doing press ups.
(c) By walking through the streets of Padua.
(d) By visiting the university library.
4. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
5. What does the author compare Beatrice's voice to when she accepts the bouquet?
(a) A gush of pure water.
(b) A chorus of violins.
(c) A chorus of frogs.
(d) A gush of music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
2. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
3. Who does Giovanni say Beatrice should wear the flowers for the sake of?
4. Who stops Giovanni in the streets?
5. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)