|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
(a) Thick gloves.
(b) Rubber gloves.
(c) Latex gloves.
(d) A force field.
2. What is Giovanni beneath as he stands just inside Rappaccini's garden?
(a) Beatrice's window.
(b) His own window.
(c) The purple plant.
(d) A balcony.
3. Who passes Baglioni and Giovanni as they talk?
4. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
(a) A foolish pauper.
(b) A gentleman and a scholar.
(c) A dear friend.
(d) An ancient friend.
5. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
(a) The purple flower.
(b) The fountain.
(d) His apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
2. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
3. What is wrong with the fountain?
4. Who does Giovanni say Beatrice should wear the flowers for the sake of?
5. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)