|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the strange plants doing to each other as they bask in the sun?
2. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
(a) In a nightmare.
(b) In a dream.
(c) With anger.
(d) Like a punch drunk boxer.
3. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
(a) He needs her help.
(b) He wants to show her something.
(c) He wants her to make a cup of coffee.
(d) He wants to look at her.
4. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) Approaching death.
(b) Inward disease.
(c) A difficult life.
(d) Love sickness.
5. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) Now let me pass.
(b) You smell.
(c) You wouldn't understand me.
(d) Go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rappiccini avoid doing when he is among his plants?
2. How does the author say Beatrice gazed at the insect?
3. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
4. What does Beatrice do when she first approaches the purple shrub in this section?
5. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)