|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills the lizard?
(a) Beatrice's foot.
(b) A dew drop from the purple plant.
(c) A rain drop.
(d) Beatrice's foot.
2. What does Beatrice do when she first approaches the purple shrub in this section?
(a) Pets its stem.
(b) Drops to her knees.
(c) Throws open her arms.
(d) Screams into its pollen.
3. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
4. What does Giovanni throw down at Beatrice?
(b) The bouquet of flowers.
(c) His favorite book of poems.
(d) His wallet.
5. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
(a) A force field.
(b) Rubber gloves.
(c) Latex gloves.
(d) Thick gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
2. What are the strange plants doing to each other as they bask in the sun?
3. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
4. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
5. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)