|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author compare Beatrice's voice to when she accepts the bouquet?
(a) A chorus of frogs.
(b) A gush of pure water.
(c) A gush of music.
(d) A chorus of violins.
2. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
(a) A fruit salad.
(b) A chocolate cake.
(c) A full moon.
(d) A tropical sun.
3. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
(a) Its soft touch.
(b) Its perfumed breath.
(c) Its radiance.
(d) Its tasty sap.
4. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
(a) Duct tape.
(b) His hand.
(c) A gum shield.
(d) A mask.
5. What is the only thing that Baglioni says he knows about Beatrice?
(a) She has giving birth to two children.
(b) She is a good gardener.
(c) She has deep knowledge of science.
(d) She speaks five languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
2. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
3. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
4. What is the name of the city Giovanni has moved to?
5. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)