|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
2. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) High heaven.
(b) Holy Virgin.
(c) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(d) Is it my birthday.
3. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
4. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) A difficult life.
(b) Inward disease.
(c) Love sickness.
(d) Approaching death.
5. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
(b) Gold pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has caused Giovanni's sudden suspicions?
2. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
3. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
4. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini's look was as deep as?
5. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)