|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Italy is Giovanni from?
2. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
(a) He though the professor was in love with Beatrice.
(b) He thought the professor would contact his father.
(c) He thought the professor would have moved from the house.
(d) He thought the professor would see his secrets.
3. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
(a) He is a friend of the family.
(b) He is engaged to his sister.
(c) He used to be his school master.
(d) He is his best friend.
4. What does Giovanni have to force himself through to get into the garden?
(a) A patch of nettles.
(b) The narrow door opening
(c) The entanglement of a shrub.
(d) A narrow gap in a fence.
5. What is the name of the city Giovanni has moved to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
2. What does Giovanni throw down at Beatrice?
3. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
4. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
5. What does the author says proceeds from the plants as night closes in?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)