|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) The garden's rich beauty.
(b) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
(c) Beatrice's rich voice.
(d) Beatrice's rich beauty.
2. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
3. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A piece of silver.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A piece of gold.
(d) A ring.
4. What is all beneath Giovanni's eye when he first looks out of his window?
5. What is Giovanni beneath as he stands just inside Rappaccini's garden?
(a) The purple plant.
(b) Beatrice's window.
(c) His own window.
(d) A balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
2. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
3. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
4. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
5. What is the only thing that Baglioni says he knows about Beatrice?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)