|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Giovanni's surname?
2. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) His house.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His writings.
(d) HIs wife.
3. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
4. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) High heaven.
(b) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(c) Is it my birthday.
(d) Holy Virgin.
5. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
2. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
3. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
4. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
5. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)