|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Giovanni's surname?
2. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(b) Inhales the plants.
(c) Dances ballet.
(d) Sings a lullaby.
3. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
(a) He wants to show her something.
(b) He wants to look at her.
(c) He wants her to make a cup of coffee.
(d) He needs her help.
4. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) Holy Virgin.
(b) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(c) Is it my birthday.
(d) High heaven.
5. What does Rappiccini avoid doing when he is among his plants?
(a) Touching them.
(b) Looking at them.
(c) Raising his voice.
(d) Standing still.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
2. Why does Giovanni's landlady originally tell Giovanni to look at the window?
3. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
4. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
5. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)