|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
2. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
(a) Its perfumed breath.
(b) Its tasty sap.
(c) Its soft touch.
(d) Its radiance.
3. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
(b) Gold pieces.
4. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(b) Inhales the plants.
(c) Sings a lullaby.
(d) Dances ballet.
5. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) A difficult life.
(b) Inward disease.
(c) Love sickness.
(d) Approaching death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
2. What does Beatrice call the purple plant?
3. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
4. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
5. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)