|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Giovanni's surname?
2. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
(a) Its perfumed breath.
(b) Its radiance.
(c) Its tasty sap.
(d) Its soft touch.
3. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
(a) An ancient friend.
(b) A dear friend.
(c) A foolish pauper.
(d) A gentleman and a scholar.
4. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
(a) He is his best friend.
(b) He is engaged to his sister.
(c) He used to be his school master.
(d) He is a friend of the family.
5. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
(a) The breath of God.
(b) The breath of life.
(c) The breath of luck.
(d) The breath of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
2. What biblical character does Giovanni compare Rappaccini to?
3. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
4. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
5. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)