|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Giovanni's surname?
2. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
(a) A gentleman and a scholar.
(b) An ancient friend.
(c) A foolish pauper.
(d) A dear friend.
3. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(a) Inhales the plants.
(b) Sings a lullaby.
(d) Dances ballet.
4. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
(a) The red plant.
(b) The green plant.
(c) The orange plant,
(d) The purple plant.
5. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
(a) Its tasty sap.
(b) Its perfumed breath.
(c) Its soft touch.
(d) Its radiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rappaccini's first name?
2. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
3. What part of Italy is Giovanni from?
4. What does Giovanni bring to Baglioni?
5. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)