|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous garden does Giovanni compare Rappaccini's garden to?
(a) The Swedish Gardens.
(b) Kew Gardens.
(c) The Hanging Garden of Babylon.
(d) The Garden of Eden.
2. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
3. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
(b) The fountain.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The purple flower.
4. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Giovanni's apartment?
5. What does Giovanni have a supply of in his pocket?
(a) Boiled sweets.
(b) Gold ducats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Giovanni's surname?
2. What does Beatrice call the purple plant?
3. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
4. What is wrong with the fountain?
5. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)