|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author says proceeds from the plants as night closes in?
(a) Perfumed clouds.
(b) Perfumed haze.
(c) Oppressive inhalations.
(d) Oppressive exhalations.
2. Why does Giovanni's landlady originally tell Giovanni to look at the window?
(a) To feel the breeze.
(b) To feel the sun.
(c) To see the moon.
(d) To see the view.
3. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) Inward disease.
(b) Approaching death.
(c) A difficult life.
(d) Love sickness.
4. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
(a) His lies.
(b) His failures.
(c) His garden.
(d) His success.
5. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) High heaven.
(b) Is it my birthday.
(c) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(d) Holy Virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous garden does Giovanni compare Rappaccini's garden to?
2. What is the only thing that Baglioni says he knows about Beatrice?
3. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
4. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
5. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)