|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
(a) His lies.
(b) His failures.
(c) His success.
(d) His garden.
2. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
(a) Tuscan wine.
(b) Naples wine.
(c) Hungarian wine.
(d) French wine.
3. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
(a) The breath of luck.
(b) The breath of death.
(c) The breath of God.
(d) The breath of life.
4. What does the author says proceeds from the plants as night closes in?
(a) Oppressive inhalations.
(b) Perfumed clouds.
(c) Perfumed haze.
(d) Oppressive exhalations.
5. What is the name of the city Giovanni has moved to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
2. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
3. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
4. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
5. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)