|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
(a) The breath of life.
(b) The breath of luck.
(c) The breath of God.
(d) The breath of death.
2. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
(a) Going home to Naples.
(b) Flying through the garden.
(c) Being attacked by a plant.
(d) A rich flower and a beautiful woman.
3. What is Baglioni's first name?
4. What is the only thing that Baglioni says he knows about Beatrice?
(a) She is a good gardener.
(b) She has giving birth to two children.
(c) She speaks five languages.
(d) She has deep knowledge of science.
5. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. As far as which city does Lisabetta say Rappaccini is known?
2. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
3. What famous garden does Giovanni compare Rappaccini's garden to?
4. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
5. How does Baglioni know Giovanni?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)