|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
2. What does the author says proceeds from the plants as night closes in?
(a) Oppressive exhalations.
(b) Perfumed haze.
(c) Oppressive inhalations.
(d) Perfumed clouds.
3. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) Is it my birthday.
(b) Holy Virgin.
(c) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(d) High heaven.
4. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
(a) Latex gloves.
(b) A force field.
(c) Rubber gloves.
(d) Thick gloves.
5. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
(a) He wants to look at her.
(b) He wants to show her something.
(c) He needs her help.
(d) He wants her to make a cup of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Giovanni's surname?
2. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
3. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
4. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
5. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)