|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
(a) The breath of death.
(b) The breath of life.
(c) The breath of luck.
(d) The breath of God.
2. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The fountain.
(c) The purple flower.
3. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
4. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) Warmth of heart.
(b) His deepest hated.
(c) Sexual desire.
(d) His inner feelings.
5. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Giovanni's apartment?
2. Who does Baglioni think is an awful man?
3. What is Rappaccini's first name?
4. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
5. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)