|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
(a) Heavenly angels.
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) Sleeping babies.
(d) Evil spirits.
2. What is Rappaccini's first name?
3. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
(a) He wants to show her something.
(b) He needs her help.
(c) He wants to look at her.
(d) He wants her to make a cup of coffee.
4. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
(a) Its perfumed breath.
(b) Its tasty sap.
(c) Its soft touch.
(d) Its radiance.
5. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(a) Dances ballet.
(b) Sings a lullaby.
(c) Inhales the plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that Baglioni says he knows about Beatrice?
2. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Rappaccini?
3. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
4. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
5. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)