|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baglioni think Rappaccini should be held strictly accountable for?
(a) His garden.
(b) His lies.
(c) His success.
(d) His failures.
2. What does the author say Giovanni's pulses had throbbed with?
(a) Clotted blood.
(b) Thin blood.
(c) Feverish blood.
(d) Luminous blood.
3. What does Giovanni suggest that Beatrice and himself go to church to do?
(a) Smash windows.
(b) Free their souls.
(c) Dip their fingers in holywater.
(d) Talk to a priest.
4. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) Beatrice's rich voice.
(b) Beatrice's rich beauty.
(c) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
(d) The garden's rich beauty.
5. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
(a) Warmly faint.
(b) Hugely disappointed.
(c) Overly self-indulgent.
(d) Coldly self-possessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini has an insane zeal for?
2. Who does Baglioni think is an awful man?
3. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini's look was as deep as?
4. Who did the Indian Price send a beautiful Indian girl to?
5. What does the author says proceeds from the plants as night closes in?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)