|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Giovanni try to get rid of his fever?
(a) By listening to his favorite songs.
(b) By walking through the streets of Padua.
(c) By visiting the university library.
(d) By doing press ups.
2. Who meets Giovanni at the door of his lodgings?
(c) His father.
3. What does Beatrice say her father's love for science has done to her?
(a) Given her a grounding in life.
(b) Shown her true beauty.
(c) Estranged her from society.
(d) Made her into a recluse.
4. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
(b) Wrapping paper.
(c) A velvet garment.
(d) A silken garment.
5. What does Giovanni say Beatrice's prayers taint the atmosphere with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first words Beatrice states to Giovanni?
2. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
3. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
4. Who does Baglioni think Rappaccini is making a study of?
5. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)