|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
(a) She has shown too much interest in him.
(b) She maybe working with Rappaccini.
(c) She has a strange look on her face.
(d) She maybe working with Baglioni.
2. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini's look was as deep as?
3. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
(a) In a nightmare.
(b) In a dream.
(c) With anger.
(d) Like a punch drunk boxer.
4. What does Giovanni suggest that Beatrice and himself go to church to do?
(a) Talk to a priest.
(b) Smash windows.
(c) Free their souls.
(d) Dip their fingers in holywater.
5. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
(a) Its tasty sap.
(b) Its radiance.
(c) Its perfumed breath.
(d) Its soft touch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Italian poet does the author reference in the opening of the story?
2. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
3. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
4. What is Giovanni's surname?
5. What makes Beatrice pause and tremble in this section?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)