|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni call the story Baglioni tells him about Alexander the Great?
(a) A blatant lie.
(b) A terrible tale.
(c) A childish fable.
(d) A kid's spook story.
2. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
3. What does Giovanni say Beatrice has filled with poison?
(a) His heart.
(b) His arteries.
(c) His veins.
(d) His brain.
4. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
(a) Hold her hand to her bossom.
(b) Wipe sweat from her brow.
(c) Fall to her need.
(d) Sigh deeply.
5. What does Giovanni feel know more when he gazes into Beatrice's eyes?
(a) Love or kindness.
(b) Unloved and needy.
(c) Doubt or fear.
(d) Anger or hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
2. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
3. Where does Rappaccini watch Beatrice and Giovanni from?
4. Who meets Giovanni at the door of his lodgings?
5. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)