|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author compare Beatrice's voice to when she accepts the bouquet?
(a) A gush of pure water.
(b) A chorus of frogs.
(c) A gush of music.
(d) A chorus of violins.
2. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
(a) A garden.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A shooting star.
(d) A bird.
3. What is Baglioni a professor of?
4. Where does Giovanni say is the only place there is a fragrance?
(a) In the professor's imagination.
(b) On the professor's clothes.
(c) In Rappaccini's garden.
(d) On Lisabetta's clothes.
5. What does Beatrice say her father's love for science has done to her?
(a) Given her a grounding in life.
(b) Estranged her from society.
(c) Shown her true beauty.
(d) Made her into a recluse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni realize is the fragrance Baglioni smelled?
2. What is the one subject Giovanni says Baglioni is barred from speaking to him about?
3. What vanity does the author say is expected in a young man?
4. Who does Baglioni tell Giovanni he grew up side by side with?
5. Who does Giovanni say has pale intelligence in this section?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)