|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15 -20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) A difficult life.
(b) Inward disease.
(c) Approaching death.
(d) Love sickness.
2. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
(a) Overly self-indulgent.
(b) Hugely disappointed.
(c) Warmly faint.
(d) Coldly self-possessed.
3. What does Giovanni say Beatrice has filled with poison?
(a) His heart.
(b) His arteries.
(c) His veins.
(d) His brain.
4. What does Rappiccini avoid doing when he is among his plants?
(a) Touching them.
(b) Looking at them.
(c) Raising his voice.
(d) Standing still.
5. Who does Giovanni say is the only one who is breath may not slay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
2. What does Beatrice say is the offspring of her father's science?
3. What color does Rappaccini dress in?
4. Complete the following sentence "If fame says..."
5. What is Rappaccini's first name?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)