|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
(a) French wine.
(b) Naples wine.
(c) Tuscan wine.
(d) Hungarian wine.
2. What does Beatrice do when she first approaches the purple shrub in this section?
(a) Drops to her knees.
(b) Pets its stem.
(c) Throws open her arms.
(d) Screams into its pollen.
3. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
(a) A treasure chest.
(b) A private entrance to Rappaccini's garden.
(c) A secret entrance into Beatrice's bedroom.
(d) Photographs of Beatrice.
4. How does Giovanni think the insect dies?
(a) From Beatrice's perfume.
(b) From landing on Beatrice's hair.
(c) From Beatrice's breath.
(d) From landing on the plant.
5. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) The garden's rich beauty.
(b) Beatrice's rich voice.
(c) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
(d) Beatrice's rich beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Giovanni's apartment?
2. What does Giovanni have a supply of in his pocket?
3. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
4. What color is the lizard?
5. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)