|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) Love sickness.
(b) Approaching death.
(c) A difficult life.
(d) Inward disease.
2. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
(a) He wants to look at her.
(b) He wants to show her something.
(c) He needs her help.
(d) He wants her to make a cup of coffee.
3. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
(a) He though the professor was in love with Beatrice.
(b) He thought the professor would contact his father.
(c) He thought the professor would see his secrets.
(d) He thought the professor would have moved from the house.
4. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
(a) She maybe working with Rappaccini.
(b) She has a strange look on her face.
(c) She maybe working with Baglioni.
(d) She has shown too much interest in him.
5. What is Rappaccini's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Giovanni say Beatrice should wear the flowers for the sake of?
2. What does Beatrice call the purple plant?
3. What is Baglioni a professor of?
4. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
5. What word does the author use to describe Lisabetta's face?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)