|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni throw down at Beatrice?
(a) His wallet.
(b) The bouquet of flowers.
(d) His favorite book of poems.
2. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
(a) He though the professor was in love with Beatrice.
(b) He thought the professor would contact his father.
(c) He thought the professor would see his secrets.
(d) He thought the professor would have moved from the house.
3. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
(a) The breath of God.
(b) The breath of luck.
(c) The breath of death.
(d) The breath of life.
4. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
(a) An ancient friend.
(b) A gentleman and a scholar.
(c) A foolish pauper.
(d) A dear friend.
5. What does Beatrice do when she first approaches the purple shrub in this section?
(a) Drops to her knees.
(b) Screams into its pollen.
(c) Throws open her arms.
(d) Pets its stem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisabetta call Giovanni when she talks to him?
2. What is Rappaccini's first name?
3. What is the only thing that Baglioni says he knows about Beatrice?
4. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
5. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)