|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A ring.
(b) A piece of silver.
(c) A piece of gold.
(d) A necklace.
2. What does Beatrice call the purple plant?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
3. What does the author say Rappaccini's voice sounds like it is affected by?
(a) Inward disease.
(b) Approaching death.
(c) A difficult life.
(d) Love sickness.
4. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
(a) His hand.
(b) Duct tape.
(c) A mask.
(d) A gum shield.
5. What does Giovanni have to force himself through to get into the garden?
(a) A narrow gap in a fence.
(b) A patch of nettles.
(c) The entanglement of a shrub.
(d) The narrow door opening
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
2. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he is working among when he walks among his plants and flowers?
3. Which of the following sentences does the man exclaim to Giovanni when he stops him?
4. What famous garden does Giovanni compare Rappaccini's garden to?
5. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Giovanni's apartment?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)