|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
(a) Is it my birthday.
(b) Holy Virgin.
(c) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(d) High heaven.
2. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
3. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
(a) She has shown too much interest in him.
(b) She maybe working with Baglioni.
(c) She has a strange look on her face.
(d) She maybe working with Rappaccini.
4. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini look lacked?
5. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
(a) Hope and dread.
(b) Tears and laughter.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Excitement and boredom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
2. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
3. What does Beatrice call the purple plant?
4. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
5. What places Giovanni at ease when he first sees Beatrice?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)