|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
(a) The orange plant,
(b) The green plant.
(c) The purple plant.
(d) The red plant.
2. What does Giovanni say he is conversing with Beatrice like?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lover.
(c) A father.
(d) A brother.
3. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A bread knife.
(c) A spear.
(d) A sword.
4. What does the author says proceeds from the plants as night closes in?
(a) Oppressive exhalations.
(b) Oppressive inhalations.
(c) Perfumed clouds.
(d) Perfumed haze.
5. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
(a) He thought the professor would have moved from the house.
(b) He thought the professor would see his secrets.
(c) He thought the professor would contact his father.
(d) He though the professor was in love with Beatrice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the fountain?
2. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
3. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
4. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
5. What color does Rappaccini dress in?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)