|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
(a) Excitement and boredom.
(b) Hope and dread.
(c) Tears and laughter.
(d) Love and hate.
2. What does Beatrice tell the plant she is faint with?
(a) Lack of life.
(b) Common conversation.
(c) Lack of love.
(d) Common air.
3. What part of Giovanni's body burns when he wakes up?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His back.
(c) His legs.
(d) His hand.
4. Who does Baglioni think Rappaccini is making a study of?
5. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
(a) Its tasty sap.
(b) Its radiance.
(c) Its soft touch.
(d) Its perfumed breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
2. What does the author say Rappaccini defends his hands with?
3. What does Giovanni bring to Baglioni?
4. What does Giovanni hope to snatch from Beatrice's full gaze?
5. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini look lacked?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)