|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Lisabetta's smile looks like?
(a) A crack in a stone.
(b) A paper cut.
(c) A bullet wound.
(d) A carving in wood.
2. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
(a) He begins to take cuttings of the plants.
(b) He begins to dance naked.
(c) He begins to sunbathe.
(d) He begins a critical observation of the plants.
3. What does Beatrice tell the plant she is faint with?
(a) Common air.
(b) Lack of love.
(c) Lack of life.
(d) Common conversation.
4. What famous garden does Giovanni compare Rappaccini's garden to?
(a) The Hanging Garden of Babylon.
(b) The Garden of Eden.
(c) Kew Gardens.
(d) The Swedish Gardens.
5. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
(a) Go red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's southern temperament?
2. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
3. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
4. Why does Rappaccini call for his daughter?
5. What does the author say Giovanni's pulses had throbbed with?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)