|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
(a) It would take months for it to recover.
(b) It will die.
(c) It would be fatal.
(d) Its flowers should be left to prosper.
2. What plant does Rappaccini put in Beatrice's charge?
(a) The red plant.
(b) The purple plant.
(c) The orange plant,
(d) The green plant.
3. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
(a) Wrapping paper.
(b) A silken garment.
(d) A velvet garment.
4. What does Giovanni give Lisabetta in this section?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A piece of silver.
(c) A piece of gold.
(d) A ring.
5. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
(a) Excitement and boredom.
(b) Tears and laughter.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Hope and dread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical character does Giovanni compare Rappaccini to?
2. What part of Italy is Giovanni from?
3. What is Baglioni's first name?
4. What does Beatrice call the plant's breath?
5. How does Beatrice react when she sees the dead lizard?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)