|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
(a) Flying through the garden.
(b) Being attacked by a plant.
(c) A rich flower and a beautiful woman.
(d) Going home to Naples.
2. What does the author say Giovanni's withered guide leads him through?
(a) A misty night.
(b) A starry night.
(c) Obscure passages.
(d) Darkly lit corridors.
3. What does Giovanni have a supply of in his pocket?
(c) Gold ducats.
(d) Boiled sweets.
4. What does the writer say Beatrice's voice is as rich as?
(a) A fruit salad.
(b) A chocolate cake.
(c) A full moon.
(d) A tropical sun.
5. What places Giovanni at ease when he first sees Beatrice?
(a) The clearing clouds.
(b) Beatrice's beauty.
(c) A sudden rainfall.
(d) Beatrice's manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
2. How does Giovanni speak when he first gets out of his inner world into his outer world?
3. What does the author say strikes a continual warfare in Giovanni's breast?
4. How does the author describe the glance Baglioni scrutinizes Giovanni with?
5. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)