|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
2. What does Giovanni see Beatrice do when she sees the purple plant?
(a) Sigh deeply.
(b) Fall to her need.
(c) Hold her hand to her bossom.
(d) Wipe sweat from her brow.
3. Who does Giovanni say Beatrice should wear the flowers for the sake of?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(a) Inhales the plants.
(c) Dances ballet.
(d) Sings a lullaby.
5. What does Giovanni see outside window that impresses him so much?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A bird.
(c) A garden.
(d) A shooting star.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
2. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
3. What does the author say had colored Beatrice's manner?
4. What are the strange plants doing to each other as they bask in the sun?
5. What does Giovanni have a supply of in his pocket?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)