|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
2. What does Giovanni hear the rustling of just before Beatrice appears?
(a) Wrapping paper.
(b) A silken garment.
(c) A velvet garment.
3. What does Giovanni say is more dear to Rappaccini than his garden?
(a) HIs wife.
(b) His writings.
(c) His house.
(d) His daughter.
4. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
(a) A mask.
(b) Duct tape.
(c) A gum shield.
(d) His hand.
5. What does the author say recollection of former scenes with Beatrice has makes him do?
(c) Go red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
2. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
3. What does Beatrice say she has done for the first time in her life?
4. What part of Giovanni's body burns when he wakes up?
5. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)