|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Beatrice's pure delight at Giovanni's company is not unlike?
(a) The maiden of a lonely island.
(b) The romantic whose found her love.
(c) The maiden stuck in a tower.
(d) The lover who finally feels loved.
2. What does Beatrice say she has done for the first time in her life?
(a) Walked out of the garden.
(b) Forgotten the plant.
(c) Fallen in love.
(d) Spoken to a man.
3. What does Beatrice do as she comes down the garden path?
(a) Sings a lullaby.
(b) Inhales the plants.
(c) Dances ballet.
4. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
5. What is the name of Rappaccini's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni wake with a sense of the next day?
2. How does Giovanni try to get rid of his fever?
3. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
4. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
5. What does the author say the wine has caused Giovanni's brain to do?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)