|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Giovanni think there is probably no need to apologize for entering the garden?
(a) Lisabetta owns the garden.
(b) The garden is too beautiful to be kept private.
(c) He is there on Rappaccini's say so.
(d) It would be a sign of weakness.
2. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
3. What biblical character does Giovanni compare Rappaccini to?
4. What is Beatrice's face brightened by?
5. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's bedroom?
(b) Pig sty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the strange plants doing to each other as they bask in the sun?
2. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
3. What does Lisabetta tell Giovanni she has found?
4. How does the author say Beatrice gazed at the insect?
5. What is Baglioni a professor of?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)