|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rappaccini watch Beatrice and Giovanni from?
(a) The garden entrance.
(b) Giovanni's bedroom.
(c) His garden shed.
(d) His bedroom.
2. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
3. Who passes Baglioni and Giovanni as they talk?
4. What places Giovanni at ease when he first sees Beatrice?
(a) A sudden rainfall.
(b) Beatrice's beauty.
(c) The clearing clouds.
(d) Beatrice's manner.
5. What does Giovanni think has an immortal spirit?
(a) The purple flower.
(b) The fountain.
(d) His apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stones does it feel like are sparkling among the bubbles of the fountain?
2. Where does Beatrice emerge behind from?
3. What does Giovanni dream of at night in this section?
4. How does Giovanni expect the professor to respond to Rappaccini's name?
5. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's impatience when he talks to the professor?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)