|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rappaccini think all medicinal virtues are comprised with?
(a) Pollen poisons.
(b) Botanic poisons.
(c) Fruit poisons.
(d) Vegetable poisons.
2. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) His deepest hated.
(b) Sexual desire.
(c) Warmth of heart.
(d) His inner feelings.
3. Which of the following sentences does Giovanni rudely state to Baglioni?
(a) Go away.
(b) Now let me pass.
(c) You wouldn't understand me.
(d) You smell.
4. Why does Beatrice say Rappaccini cannot touch the plant?
(a) It would be fatal.
(b) It would take months for it to recover.
(c) Its flowers should be left to prosper.
(d) It will die.
5. What does Beatrice's spirit gush out of her like?
(a) God's words.
(b) A fresh rill.
(c) A fresh salmon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni hear when Lisabetta opens the garden gate?
2. What passes over Giovanni like a shadow?
3. What does the author say Giovanni's withered guide leads him through?
4. What color is the lizard?
5. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)