|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of stone is the fountain made from?
2. Why does Giovanni's landlady originally tell Giovanni to look at the window?
(a) To feel the breeze.
(b) To feel the sun.
(c) To see the moon.
(d) To see the view.
3. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
(b) Gold pieces.
4. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) Beatrice's rich beauty.
(b) Beatrice's rich voice.
(c) The garden's rich beauty.
(d) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
5. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
(a) The garden of hanging snakes.
(b) The Eden of poisonous flowers.
(c) The Eden of Hell.
(d) The garden of the unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Giovanni ask Beatrice to help him?
2. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
3. How does Giovanni address Beatrice when he first speaks to her?
4. Why has Giovanni avoided Baglioni since their first meeting?
5. What does Giovanni have to force himself through to get into the garden?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)