|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Baglioni's first name?
2. What is the name of Giovanni's landlady?
3. What does the author say Giovanni has instead of a deep heart?
(a) A quick fancy.
(b) A quick mind.
(c) A deep intellect.
(d) A deep liver.
4. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
(a) The garden of the unknown.
(b) The Eden of poisonous flowers.
(c) The garden of hanging snakes.
(d) The Eden of Hell.
5. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
(a) Beatrice's rich beauty.
(b) The garden's rich beauty.
(c) Beatrice's rich voice.
(d) Rappaccini's deep intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni's landlady exclaim when she sees Giovanni?
2. What is all beneath Giovanni's eye when he first looks out of his window?
3. What does Giovanni liken the purple flowers petals to?
4. What does Giovanni say he is conversing with Beatrice like?
5. What kind of wine do Giovanni and the professor drink?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)