|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does author say people find themselves to be when they have finally realized a dream?
(a) Hugely disappointed.
(b) Overly self-indulgent.
(c) Warmly faint.
(d) Coldly self-possessed.
2. What does Giovanni have to force himself through to get into the garden?
(a) The entanglement of a shrub.
(b) The narrow door opening
(c) A narrow gap in a fence.
(d) A patch of nettles.
3. What does Giovanni think Rappaccini looks like he has never expressed?
(a) Sexual desire.
(b) Warmth of heart.
(c) His deepest hated.
(d) His inner feelings.
4. What does Beatrice say the plant will reward her with?
(a) Its tasty sap.
(b) Its radiance.
(c) Its soft touch.
(d) Its perfumed breath.
5. Why is Giovanni suspicious of Lisabetta?
(a) She maybe working with Rappaccini.
(b) She has a strange look on her face.
(c) She maybe working with Baglioni.
(d) She has shown too much interest in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni say he is conversing with Beatrice like?
2. What is Giovanni's surname?
3. What is Beatrice's face brightened by?
4. What does Beatrice say her father would tell Giovanni if he was there?
5. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)