|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rappaccini place around his mouth while he is in the garden?
(a) His hand.
(b) A gum shield.
(c) Duct tape.
(d) A mask.
2. What does Rappaccini think all medicinal virtues are comprised with?
(a) Pollen poisons.
(b) Botanic poisons.
(c) Fruit poisons.
(d) Vegetable poisons.
3. What is Giovanni beneath as he stands just inside Rappaccini's garden?
(a) His own window.
(b) Beatrice's window.
(c) The purple plant.
(d) A balcony.
4. What does Beatrice's shriek go through Giovanni's heart like?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A spear.
(c) A sword.
(d) A bread knife.
5. How does the author refer to Rappaccini's garden in this section?
(a) The garden of the unknown.
(b) The garden of hanging snakes.
(c) The Eden of poisonous flowers.
(d) The Eden of Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the missing word "Basking in the .......... sunshine of her beauty."
2. What does the author say is a madness to Giovanni?
3. What does Baglioni say Giovanni is a son of?
4. What does Baglioni say Rappaccini look lacked?
5. What does Beatrice say that should be the only thing Giovanni should believe about her?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)