|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Giovanni say Beatrice should wear the flowers for the sake of?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
2. What does Liabetta say a young man in Padua would give to be among Rappaccini's flowers?
(b) His virginity.
(c) His life.
3. What does Giovanni buy on the way home?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A ring.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A pair of shoes.
4. Why does Giovanni say he wants to pick a flower from the purple plant?
(a) To press to his breast.
(b) As a memorial to their meeting.
(c) To contaminate himself with the poison.
(d) To give to Beatrice.
5. Who stops Giovanni in the streets?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Giovanni's bedroom?
2. What does Giovanni think he can see happening to the bouquet as Beatrice walks away?
3. Who passes Baglioni and Giovanni as they talk?
4. What does Giovanni do when he sees neither Beatrice or her father are present in the garden?
5. How does Giovanni think the insect dies?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)