|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rama says that he will fight Ravana but not whom?
2. What does General Prahasta ask Ravana to do?
3. How does Nala throw Prahasta out of his chariot?
4. Why does Rama tell Lakshmana to abandon Sita by the Ganga River?
5. Who tells Sita the story of Kaikeyi’s two wishes, which had sent Rama and Sita into exile in the first place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Indrajit capture Hanuman, and how does Hanuman get free?
2. Describe the origins of the Ramayana.
3. Describe the chariot Pushpaka.
4. How is Indrajit killed?
5. How did Mainaka come to be at the bottom of the sea?
6. Describe Rama and Sita’s return to Ayodhya.
7. What success does Indrajit have on the battlefield?
8. How is Ravana killed?
9. Describe Rama and Sita’s disappearance from the earth.
10. Describe the Rakshasis Hanuman sees when he is searching Lanka.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What topics would you like to research further after reading the Ramayana? Describe why additional research or reading would be beneficial to an understanding of this book. Propose a list of articles or books you would read in order to get a better handle on the Ramayana.
Essay Topic 2
Would you recommend the Ramayana? For what purposes would you recommend the Ramayana, and what kinds of readers would you recommend it for? What other book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
Essay Topic 3
Debate the proposition that the Ramayana is too old to be relevant in modern times.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)