|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prahasta carry in addition to weapons, rockets and poisons?
2. What does Ravana say is eternal?
3. The least of Ravana’s warriors is as strong as what?
4. What is Sita’s reaction when Indrajit shows her Rama’s head?
5. What does Hanuman do with the bracelet Rama gives him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the chariot Pushpaka.
2. Why does Rama banish Sita?
3. How did Mainaka come to be at the bottom of the sea?
4. Describe Hanuman’s leap.
5. How does Indrajit capture Hanuman, and how does Hanuman get free?
6. What success does Indrajit have on the battlefield?
7. What advice does Khumbakarna give Ravana before he goes to fight?
8. Describe the treasure room Vibhishana shows Hanuman.
9. Describe Rama and Sita’s return to Ayodhya.
10. What is the outcome of Ravana’s conversation with time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What topics would you like to research further after reading the Ramayana? Describe why additional research or reading would be beneficial to an understanding of this book. Propose a list of articles or books you would read in order to get a better handle on the Ramayana.
Essay Topic 2
Would you recommend the Ramayana? For what purposes would you recommend the Ramayana, and what kinds of readers would you recommend it for? What other book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
Essay Topic 3
When is the Ramayana most itself? What is its characteristic passage, or moment? What makes that moment or passage the most representative of the book as a whole? Are there any places where the book seems to depart from its typical self, as if to become a different book?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)