|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defeats the demon army single-handedly on the third morning of the war?
2. Who is NOT killed by Indrajit?
3. What is in the storeroom in Lanka, which Vibhishana shows Hanuman?
(b) Food and wine
(c) Ravana's sleeping harem
(d) Treasures of culture
4. What does Prahasta carry in addition to weapons, rockets and poisons?
(a) False compliments
(b) Economic crises
(c) Delusions and bad dreams
(d) Healing flatteries
5. How many warriors does Ravana have in Lanka?
(a) 320 million
(b) 1 million
(d) 8 million
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Garuda send to help Sita?
2. What does Rama’s festival celebrate?
3. What form does Hanuman take when he is searching Lanka for Sita?
4. Who tells Sita the story of Kaikeyi’s two wishes, which had sent Rama and Sita into exile in the first place?
5. How do Rama and Sita return to Ayodhya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vibhishana defect from Ravana?
2. Explain Vibhishana’s change of heart regarding Ravana.
3. How does Indrajit capture Hanuman, and how does Hanuman get free?
4. Describe Rama’s return to the throne of Ayodhya.
5. What success does Indrajit have on the battlefield?
6. How is this chapter different in this version than it is in the original?
7. How do Rama and Samudra and Ocean Lord resolve the question of the bridge to Lanka?
8. What happens after Hanuman’s tail is lit on fire?
9. How did Mainaka come to be at the bottom of the sea?
10. Describe Rama and Sita’s disappearance from the earth.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)