|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hanuman ultimately find Sita?
(a) He hears sad voices
(b) He sees her while he is leaping
(c) He gets a demon to tell him where she is
(d) Guards lead him to her
2. Who comes to take Rama to death?
3. How does Hanuman say Sita seems to him, when he first sees her?
4. Who saves Hanuman from Ravana’s torture?
5. What is in the storeroom in Lanka, which Vibhishana shows Hanuman?
(a) Ravana's sleeping harem
(b) Treasures of culture
(d) Food and wine
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does this character plead with Ravana?
2. What had Narayana done to be cursed with one day losing his own wife?
3. What does Vasishtha do to make Rama king?
4. Who is Mandodari’s father?
5. What does Suka say will be the result if Ravana kills Sita with his sword of empire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is this chapter different in this version than it is in the original?
2. Describe the treasure room Vibhishana shows Hanuman.
3. Describe Rama and Sita’s return to Ayodhya.
4. Describe Hanuman’s leap.
5. Describe the origins of the Ramayana.
6. How does Indrajit capture Hanuman, and how does Hanuman get free?
7. Why does Rama banish Sita?
8. How does Rama send a final warning to Ravana?
9. How do Rama and Samudra and Ocean Lord resolve the question of the bridge to Lanka?
10. How is Indrajit killed?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)