|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suka say will be the result if Ravana kills Sita with his sword of empire?
2. Who is Saunaka?
(a) The one who gathers the crowd for the story
(b) The one who announces when the story is over
(c) The one who tells the story
(d) The one who hears the story
3. What is Indrajit’s weapon?
(b) Flaming swords
(c) Drowning waters
4. What does General Prahasta ask Ravana to do?
(b) Declare war
(c) Give Sita back
(d) Negotiate with Rama
5. What does Ravana do to Hanuman?
(a) Cut off his ears
(b) Light his tail on fire
(c) Kill him
(d) Keep him in a dungeon
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Ravana thinks about each morning?
2. Who goes to tell Bharata that Rama is coming?
3. How many times does this character plead with Ravana?
4. What is in the storeroom in Lanka, which Vibhishana shows Hanuman?
5. What had Narayana done to be cursed with one day losing his own wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe General Prahasta’s chariot.
2. How does Indrajit capture Hanuman, and how does Hanuman get free?
3. How did Mainaka come to be at the bottom of the sea?
4. Describe Rama’s return to the throne of Ayodhya.
5. How do Rama and Samudra and Ocean Lord resolve the question of the bridge to Lanka?
6. What happens after Hanuman’s tail is lit on fire?
7. Explain Vibhishana’s change of heart regarding Ravana.
8. Describe the Rakshasis Hanuman sees when he is searching Lanka.
9. What happens to Queen Mandodari after Ravana’s death?
10. How does Rama send a final warning to Ravana?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)