|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the queens do in Dasaratha’s name, after his funeral?
(a) Dedicate temples
(b) Give gifts
(c) Say prayers
(d) Light fires
2. What is this age characterized by?
3. What is Sumantra’s opinion, when Dasaratha asks him for his thoughts about putting Rama on the throne?
(a) He says that he afraid Rama is not ready
(b) He says that Dasaratha should not step down yet
(c) He says that Rama will be a great king
(d) He says that succession is a very risky process
4. What delays Rama’s search for Sita?
(a) Visits from various kings
(b) The hunt
(c) The rainy season
5. How was Guha’s life returned to him after he died of fever?
(a) Rama cured him
(b) Shiva resuscitated him
(c) Sita restored him with a touch
(d) Indra paid for his life
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ravana put Sita, when he gets her back to Lanka?
2. What age of the world are Viswamitra and Dasaratha living in?
3. What does Bharata answer when Bharadwaja says that he knows that the king is dead?
4. Who is Ravana the son of?
5. After the rains, who are Rama and Lakshmana waiting for to resume their search for Sita?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Agastya replace Rama’s bow?
2. Describe Ravana’s origins.
3. Describe Sita’s origins, and how she comes to be Rama’s wife.
4. Describe Dasaratha’s funeral.
5. Why does Dasaratha decide that he wants to see Rama made king, and what do his advisors say?
6. When had Kaikeyi almost used her two wishes previously?
7. Describe the wedding of Rama and Sita.
8. How does the Ramayana explain where it has its origin as a poem?
9. Why does Rama insist on going into the Dandaka Forest, against Sita’s wishes?
10. Why does Kaikeyi ask for Rama to be sent away?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)