|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Viswamitra unable to complete, because of Ravana?
(a) Making a sacrifice
(b) Building a house
(c) Moving a mountain
(d) Hunting for a deer
2. What did Bharata see in his dream, when Dasaratha died?
(a) The earth swallowed Rama
(b) The animals were eating each other
(c) The sky collpased
(d) The fires of Ayodhya went out
3. What does Lakshmana propose to do on hearing that Rama is to be banished?
(a) Find a suitable place for Rama's exile
(b) Kill Kaikeyi
(c) Kill Dasaratha
(d) Prepare Rama's things for exile
4. Who wins the drinking contest Lakshmana enters into?
(d) It is a tie
5. Where does Ravana put Sita, when he gets her back to Lanka?
(a) In with the harem
(b) In a grove of Asaka trees
(c) In his bedroom
(d) In a kennel
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agastya warn Rama against the Dandaka wood?
2. What does Swayamprabha say Maya is master of?
3. What does Agni do for Indra after Indra seduces Gautama’s wife?
4. Where does Sumantra put Dasaratha’s body after he dies?
5. What does Savari tell Rama to seek, in the midst of misfortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sita’s response when she hears about Rama’s exile?
2. How does Sita allow herself to be abducted?
3. How does Ravana defeat Jatayu and escape with Sita?
4. Why does Agastya replace Rama’s bow?
5. What delays Rama in his search for Sita?
6. Why does Kaikeyi ask for Rama to be sent away?
7. Describe the birth of Rama, Lakshmana, Bharata and Satrughna.
8. How did Ravana win the Battle of the Heaven?
9. Describe Dasaratha’s funeral.
10. How did Agastya tame the upstart Vindhya Hills?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)