|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the queens do in Dasaratha’s name, after his funeral?
(a) Say prayers
(b) Give gifts
(c) Dedicate temples
(d) Light fires
2. Whose daughter does Ravana marry?
(a) The god of the sun
(b) The god of the ocean
(c) The god of the earth
(d) The god of illusion
3. What does Agni do for Indra after Indra seduces Gautama’s wife?
(a) Restore his male parts
(b) Instruct him in making offerings
(c) Restore his vision
(d) Gives him magical powers
4. What is Rama’s answer when Sita urges him to discard his war arrows?
(a) That his mantras are sufficient
(b) That war is within us
(c) That she is right, he doesn't need them
(d) That they can always seek protection with others
5. What is Sumantra’s opinion, when Dasaratha asks him for his thoughts about putting Rama on the throne?
(a) He says that Rama will be a great king
(b) He says that he afraid Rama is not ready
(c) He says that succession is a very risky process
(d) He says that Dasaratha should not step down yet
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rama descended from?
2. Who wins the drinking contest Lakshmana enters into?
3. What is Rama’s response when Bharata asks him to return and be king?
4. What does Sauti say that Rama is beyond?
5. What is Pushpaka driven by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Agastya replace Rama’s bow?
2. How did Agastya tame the upstart Vindhya Hills?
3. How does Rama help Hanuman?
4. When had Kaikeyi almost used her two wishes previously?
5. Why does Dasaratha decide that he wants to see Rama made king, and what do his advisors say?
6. How does the Ramayana explain where it has its origin as a poem?
7. Why does Rama insist on going into the Dandaka Forest, against Sita’s wishes?
8. Describe Dasaratha’s funeral.
9. What is Sita’s response when she hears about Rama’s exile?
10. What gift does Indra make to Sita?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)