|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proves Sita’s innocence of the charges that led her to be banished?
(a) The lightning in the sky flashes at her command
(b) Trijata testifies in front of everyone at the festival
(c) Ravana's spirit returns to testify to it
(d) Her mother, the earth, takes her home
2. How does Hanuman ultimately find Sita?
(a) He sees her while he is leaping
(b) Guards lead him to her
(c) He hears sad voices
(d) He gets a demon to tell him where she is
3. How do Rama and Sita return to Ayodhya?
(a) The monkeys and bears carry them
(b) On Pushpaka
(c) They fly on Hanuman's back
(d) By foot
4. Where does Pushpaka go after Rama’s coronation?
(a) Back to Brahma
(b) Back to the Himalya
(c) Back to Vaishravana
(d) Back to Lanka
5. What does Valmiki say Ravana had strength to do?
(a) Begin a new creation of his own
(b) Pull the heavens apart
(c) Protect all creation from harm
(d) Turn the planet inside out
6. What does Hanuman do with the bracelet Rama gives him?
(a) Melts it
(b) Brakes it
(c) Eats it
(d) Sells it
7. Who makes dinner for Rama and Sita on their way back to Ayodhya?
8. Who defeats the demon army single-handedly on the third morning of the war?
9. For how many years does Rama continue to rule Ayodhya after his festival?
(a) 1,000 years
(b) 10,000 years
(c) 14,000 years
(d) 28,000 years
10. For how long does Rama reign in Ayodhya?
(a) 100,000 years
(b) 64,000 years
(c) 11,000 years
(d) 1,000 years
11. Who does the Ocean agree to be bound by?
12. What does Rama’s festival celebrate?
(a) 10,000 years of his rule
(b) The end of his reign
(c) Sita's return to Aydohya
(d) The coming of springtime
13. How easy does Valmiki say it is for Malvayan to wound Narayana?
(a) It can only be done in one way
(b) It is as easy as wounding water
(c) He cannot be harmed
(d) It can only be done on a certain day
14. Who first leads the demons against the bear and monkey army?
(a) General Prahasta
(d) Ravana himself
15. Where does Rama say that true friendship comes from?
(a) Blood ties
(b) A gift of the gods
(c) Sharing a history in a region
(d) Kindness and giving help
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rama say really knows life?What gossip darkens Sita’s image in Rama’s eye?
2. Who does Garuda send to help Sita?
3. Who is Mandodari’s father?
4. When is the demon army most powerful?
5. Where does Hanuman leap to Lanka from?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)