|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rama’s festival celebrate?
(a) Sita's return to Aydohya
(b) The end of his reign
(c) The coming of springtime
(d) 10,000 years of his rule
2. How old are Kusa and Lava when they come to tell the Ramayana at the festival?
3. What time of year is it when Rama and Sita return to Ayodhya?
4. For how long does Rama reign in Ayodhya?
(a) 64,000 years
(b) 100,000 years
(c) 1,000 years
(d) 11,000 years
5. What does Vasishtha do to make Rama king?
(a) Pours the water of the world over his head
(b) Lights the city's fire from Rama's birth fire
(c) Bows before him and says a prayer
(d) Gives him the keys to all the city's gates
6. Where does Pushpaka go after Rama’s coronation?
(a) Back to Brahma
(b) Back to Lanka
(c) Back to the Himalya
(d) Back to Vaishravana
7. Why does Suka remain loyal to Ravana, even though he sees he is about to die?
(a) He partook of the same life as Ravana
(b) He knew that his fate was the same as Ravana's
(c) He had done too much evil to turn against Ravana
(d) He had taken him for his king
8. What was pulled into the air by Hanuman’s leap?
9. How easy does Valmiki say it is for Malvayan to wound Narayana?
(a) He cannot be harmed
(b) It is as easy as wounding water
(c) It can only be done in one way
(d) It can only be done on a certain day
10. How does Suka prevent Hanuman from killing him?
(a) He says that Ravana will avenge his death
(b) He threatens to unleash all of his bad deeds on him
(c) He threatens to predict Hanuman's death
(d) He says he will damage Kishkindhya
11. What is the first thing Ravana thinks about each morning?
(a) His wives
(c) His power
12. At what hour does Rama fight Ravana?
13. What does Ravana say kinsmen have in their hearts?
14. What does Vibhishana say Ravana can do to a messenger?
(a) Disembowl him
(b) Torture him
(c) Brand him
(d) Amputate limbs
15. How many warriors does Ravana have in Lanka?
(a) 8 million
(b) 320 million
(d) 1 million
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the dead Rakshasas buried?
2. For how many years does Rama continue to rule Ayodhya after his festival?
3. Who does Garuda send to help Sita?
4. What are in Ravana’s crowns?
5. What incident does Sita ask Hanuman to recall to Rama?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)