|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Saunaka?
(a) The one who hears the story
(b) The one who announces when the story is over
(c) The one who gathers the crowd for the story
(d) The one who tells the story
2. How does Nala throw Prahasta out of his chariot?
(a) By hitting him with a rocket
(b) By throwing a boulder at him
(c) By leaping into the chariot with him
(d) By shifting his weight
3. What does General Prahasta ask Ravana to do?
(b) Negotiate with Rama
(c) Give Sita back
(d) Declare war
4. Who saves Hanuman from Ravana’s torture?
5. Which demon’s head is hit so hard that it is driven down into his belly?
6. When does Rama kill Ravana?
7. The least of Ravana’s warriors is as strong as what?
(a) A mountain
(b) A god
(c) A hurricane
(d) Ten elephants
8. When is the demon army most powerful?
9. What does Khumbakarna say his only law is?
10. Why does Hanuman do what he does with the bracelet Rama gives him?
(a) It will tarnish and fade
(b) It does not have Rama's name on it
(c) It will not have any value in Rama's absence
(d) It is made of matter, not of time
11. Who goes to tell Sita that Rama has won?
12. What is Ravana’s response to Time when Time comes for Ravana’s life?
(a) That Time is ruled by anyone with free will
(b) That he is greater than Time
(c) That Time is his servant
(d) That Ravana will never be conquered
13. What does Trijata tell the other Rakshasis?
(a) To eat Sita while they can
(b) To torture Sita
(c) To send Sita away
(d) To beg Sita's forgiveness
14. What allows Hanuman to leap to Lanka?
(a) He was given gifts by the gods
(b) He is lighter than the weight of the other monkeys
(c) He acquired a great deal of merit and is awarded with physical abilities
(d) He is the son of the wind
15. What does Suka say will be the result if Ravana kills Sita with his sword of empire?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what hour does Rama fight Ravana?
2. What does Queen Mandodari return to Sita?
3. Who first leads the demons against the bear and monkey army?
4. Who tells the monkeys where Sita is?
5. Who tells Sita the story of Kaikeyi’s two wishes, which had sent Rama and Sita into exile in the first place?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)