|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bharadwaja bless Kaikeyi?
(a) Because he sympathizes with her regrets
(b) Because she wants to kill herself in grief
(c) Because Rama's exile will benefit the entire world
(d) Because he knows she was innocent
2. How does Maricha help Ravana abduct Sita?
(a) He casts a spell on Rama and Lakshmana
(b) He creates a thick fog for Ravana
(c) He distracts Rama and Lakshmana
(d) He fights Rama and Lakshmana
3. How do humans win favors from gods in the Ramayana?
(a) By purchasing favors
(b) By praying
(c) By besieging their castles
(d) By acquiring merit
4. What does Guha find remarkable about Bharata?
(a) That he would not give up his kingdom
(b) That he has not already killed his mother
(c) That he allowed Rama to be exiled
(d) That he has stifled his own desire to rule
5. Who fashioned the five elements of the world?
6. What is Pushpaka driven by?
7. What was Agastya’s accomplishment?
(a) He raised the Himalya Hills
(b) He lowered the Vindhya Hills
(c) He started the Ganga River
(d) He gathered the Ganga River
8. What is Bharata’s response when he is told that he will be king now?
(a) He is silent
(b) He is uncertain
(c) He is miserable
(d) He is elated
9. Who did Indra fight in the Battle of Heaven?
10. Who plants the troubling idea in Kaikeyi’s mind?
11. What is Rama’s answer when Sita urges him to discard his war arrows?
(a) That war is within us
(b) That his mantras are sufficient
(c) That they can always seek protection with others
(d) That she is right, he doesn't need them
12. What word does the Ramayana begin with?
13. Where does Sumantra put Dasaratha’s body after he dies?
(a) In a tomb
(b) On a pyre
(c) In a vat of oil
(d) In the burial room of the palace
14. What do Rama and Lakshmana learn from this teacher?
(a) The use of magic
(b) The use of minerals
(c) The use of books
(d) The use of weapons
15. What is it that allows Ravana to defeat Jatayu?
(a) Jatayu's age
(b) Ravanna's strength
(c) Ravana's magic
(d) Surpanakha's spell
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lakshmana propose to do on hearing that Rama is to be banished?
2. What does Bharata answer when Bharadwaja says that he knows that the king is dead?
3. Where is Sita born?
4. What is the importance of the golden hill Meru?
5. What does Sumantra find after he leaves Rama and Sita in the woods?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)