|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season comes in with the rain?
2. What does the narrator say the world’s first verse of poetry was born from?
3. In whose name does Maricha appeal to Ravana, to leave Sita alone?
(a) His own
(b) His wives'
(c) His own
(d) His people
4. What is Vaishravana the god of?
(a) The rain
(c) All the cosmos
(d) The earth
5. What reason does Sumantra give Dasaratha for his opinion?
(a) He can believe what Rama says
(b) He wants to wait until Rama has been trained
(c) Rama still says foolish things
(d) Rama has not held office before
6. Who is Ravana the son of?
7. What does Sauti say that Rama is beyond?
8. What does Ravana risk with his desire to steal Sita?
(a) Loss of his powers
(b) War with the gods
9. What word does the Ramayana begin with?
10. How does Sugriva say he learned the layout of the earth?
(a) By his search for his own wife
(b) By being chased by Vali
(c) By his long hunting trips
(d) By his many explorations
11. What does Rama give Hanuman for Sita to know him by?
(a) A necklace
(b) A ring
(c) A letter
(d) A lock of hair
12. Where does Bharadwaja tell Bharata to find Rama?
(b) Naimasha Forest
(c) Rishyamuka Hill
(d) Chitrakuta Hill
13. Where did Kaikeyi’s wishes come from?
(a) Having worked for Indra
(b) Having helped Brahma
(c) From her father
(d) Having saved Dasaratha's life
14. What do Guha’s bones say when Bharata shows up looking for Rama?
(a) He is king now
(b) He is ready for training in the forest
(c) He should not be hindered
(d) He is suspicious
15. What do the queens do in Dasaratha’s name, after his funeral?
(a) Dedicate temples
(b) Say prayers
(c) Give gifts
(d) Light fires
Short Answer Questions
1. What delays Rama’s search for Sita?
2. In what way is Ravana vulnerable?
3. Why doesn’t the river Godavari tell Rama where Sita is?
4. Why does Agastya warn Rama against the Dandaka wood?
5. Who did Indra fight in the Battle of Heaven?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)