1. What word does the Ramayana begin with?
2. What work does the Ramayana follow after?
(a) The Koran
(b) The Bhagavad-Gita.
(c) The Iliad
(d) The Mahabharata
3. What does Sauti say that Rama is beyond?
4. Who is Rama descended from?
(a) The underworld
(b) The earth
(c) The ocean
(d) The sun
5. What brings Valmiki out of the anthill?
(a) A messenger
6. What does the narrator say the world’s first verse of poetry was born from?
7. In what did Valmiki see Rama’s life?
(a) A handful of water
(b) A cup of tea
(c) A mirror
(d) A flowing river
8. How do humans win favors from gods in the Ramayana?
(a) By acquiring merit
(b) By praying
(c) By besieging their castles
(d) By purchasing favors
9. Who did Indra fight in the Battle of Heaven?
10. In what way is Ravana vulnerable?
(a) He can be stabbed in a certain place
(b) He can be killed by poison
(c) A human can kill him
(d) He can be drowned
This section contains 4,057 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)