|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Agasai make to Beneatha?
2. What word is it that affects Walter Lee so strongly that he begins to pace and mutter?
3. Where does Karl Lindner live?
4. Beneatha says she wants to:
5. Walter Lee explains he drove out to look at:
Essay Topic 1
In speaking about the new house, Ruth asks Mama, "Is there a whole lot of sunlight?" Explain the dramatic contrast of the dark, dingy apartment set with the idea of a room full of light. What does a new environment represent to the Younger family?
Essay Topic 2
Does racism perpetuate poverty, or does poverty intensify racism? Or are the two problems completely separate? Explore these questions in an essay.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Mama exercises her power over family members, especially the male characters Walter and Travis. How does she include or exclude them?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)