|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beneatha tells Mama that George is:
2. What is different about the apartment?
3. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
4. What opinion does the Welcoming Committee hold?
5. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
Essay Topic 1
Lorraine Hansberry includes extensive stage directions in her play. Explain how her stage directions add or detract from the play for the reader. Include specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
The author introduces many references in this play, from Hughes to Henry David Thoreau to Greek mythology and African songs. What do these references add to the play? How do they expand the universality of the themes?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Mama, Ruth, and Beneatha represent changing feminine roles in society.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)