|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time are the moving men due?
2. Mrs. Johnson asks Mama if Beneatha:
3. How does Mr. Lindner describe the people in Clybourne Park?
4. What offer does Agasai make to Beneatha?
5. Beneatha walks by dressed in:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joseph Asagai tell Beneatha he wants to do with his life?
2. Travis says that he wants to be a bus driver. How do Walter Lee's dreams for Travis differ from his son's?
3. Before this scene we hadn't realized the scope of Walter Lee's dreams. What are they?
4. In this scene, Walter Lee's mood has changed for the better from his depression earlier. How does he express his happier feelings?
5. A new character, Mr. Karl Lindner, appears at the door. How is he greeted by the adult Youngers?
6. At the end of the play, Mama tells Ruth that Walter Lee "finally come into his manhood today." What does it mean to come into your manhood?
7. Who is the first family member to be suspicious of Mr. Lindner's real intent?
8. How do we know that Beneatha tends to hold political positions that promote civil rights?
9. How does Ruth react to Mama giving up on the move to the new house?
10. Mama says she's tired after work. She has climbed steps to get into the apartment. Explain why she didn't use an elevator.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the spirituality of the characters in this play. What is their relationship to God and higher powers? Are the Youngers spiritual or not?
Essay Topic 2
George calls Walter Lee "Prometheus." Expand his meaning with an essay that explains how Walter resembles this Greek god.
Essay Topic 3
In speaking about the new house, Ruth asks Mama, "Is there a whole lot of sunlight?" Explain the dramatic contrast of the dark, dingy apartment set with the idea of a room full of light. What does a new environment represent to the Younger family?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)