|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Walter Lee and George argue about:
2. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
3. The new neighborhood is:
4. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
5. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mama suspicious when Ruth refers to the doctor as a female?
2. What conclusion do Ruth and Walter Lee come to about their marriage in this scene?
3. Why does Beneatha have to wait to use the bathroom when she wakes up?
4. Why is Beneatha reluctant to let a visitor come over to the apartment on this morning?
5. What is Ruth referring to when she talks to George about "them bombs and things they keep setting off?"
6. Why do Ruth and Walter Lee react so strongly to the idea of moving to Clybourne Park?
7. Why does Walter Lee get upset at Mama when she tells him about her plans for the insurance money?
8. How do Walter Lee and Ruth react when Mama tells them she bought a house in Clybourne Park?
9. What is the importance of Mama's spindly plant to her character?
10. What is Beneatha afraid that Mama will do when Beneatha's visitor arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does racism perpetuate poverty, or does poverty intensify racism? Or are the two problems completely separate? Explore these questions in an essay.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write a report about one of the following subjects. Be sure to include the subject's relationship to the play, A Raisin in the Sun.
a) Black Power
b) Black Pride
c) Black Arts Movement
d) Black Nationalism
e) "Black is Beautiful" movement
Essay Topic 3
Identify and describe the following dramatic structures in the play: Exposition, Rising Action, Turning Points, Climax, and Falling Action. Use dialogue and text examples to support your descriptions.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)