|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say they'll be if Walter Lee takes Karl Lindner's money?
(a) Poor as church mice
(b) Just like thieves
(c) Cheaters and liars
(d) Dead inside
2. What is different about the apartment?
(a) The rugs are rolled up
(b) Suitcases are being filled
(c) Furniture is rearranged
(d) Packing boxes fill the room
3. Beneatha tells Mama that George is:
(a) A friend
(b) A fool
(c) A catch
(d) A dandy
4. Mama tells Walter Lee that she wants him to be:
(a) A loving husband
(b) Head of the family
(c) Like his Dad, Big Walter
(d) A good father to Travis
5. Walter Lee dreams of driving what kind of car?
(a) A silver sports car
(b) A white Cadillac
(c) A black Chrysler
(d) A two-tone sedan
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mama's maiden name?
2. Why is Beneatha unhappy?
3. What does Mr. Lindner represent?
4. Walter Lee went to the Green Hat to:
5. What, according to Mama, happened to Walter Lee in this scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do we know that Beneatha tends to hold political positions that promote civil rights?
2. What does Joseph Asagai tell Beneatha he wants to do with his life?
3. Mama says she's tired after work. She has climbed steps to get into the apartment. Explain why she didn't use an elevator.
4. How does Walter Lee find out that Mama's money is gone?
5. Why does Walter Lee ask Karl Lindner to come back to the apartment?
6. A new character, Mr. Karl Lindner, appears at the door. How is he greeted by the adult Youngers?
7. Mama explains to Mrs. Johnson that Walter Lee is busy resting. What conclusion does Mrs. Johnson jump to on hearing that?
8. Who is the first family member to be suspicious of Mr. Lindner's real intent?
9. Ruth tells Beneatha she went out with Walter Lee the night before. Why is that special?
10. Beneatha sarcastically asks George "Why read books---why go to school?" Give her answer.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)