|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beneatha thinks Mama looks like:
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt
(b) Judy Garland
(c) Aunt Jemima
(d) Scarlet O'Hara
2. What, according to Mama, happened to Walter Lee in this scene?
(a) He lost his head in a crisis
(b) He saved the family from disaster
(c) He came into his manhood
(d) He learned an important lesson
3. Where does Karl Lindner live?
(a) South Parkway
(b) Chicago Housing
(c) Lake Shore Drive
(d) Clybourne Park
4. Mrs. Johnson thinks Walter is:
(a) A good dancer
(b) Good looking
(c) A good driver
(d) A good provider
5. Travis wants to be:
(a) A baseball player
(b) A bus driver
(c) A traffic cop
(d) A fireman
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Lindner describe the people in Clybourne Park?
2. Where did Walter Lee put the money?
3. What word is it that affects Walter Lee so strongly that he begins to pace and mutter?
4. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
5. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
Short Essay Questions
1. Ruth wants to take a hot bath at the new house. Explain why that is a luxury for her.
2. Mama says she's tired after work. She has climbed steps to get into the apartment. Explain why she didn't use an elevator.
3. How does Walter Lee find out that Mama's money is gone?
4. Why is Beneatha upset at Walter Lee in this scene?
5. Instead of going to his job for several days, Walter Lee spent the time driving away from the city. Why did he do this and where did he go?
6. Why does Walter Lee finally decide not to take Karl Lindner's money?
7. Describe Walter Lee's body language as he approaches Karl Lindner to accept the man's offer.
8. Mama explains to Mrs. Johnson that Walter Lee is busy resting. What conclusion does Mrs. Johnson jump to on hearing that?
9. What does Beneatha want to do at the end of the play?
10. Mama serves sweet potato pie to Mrs. Johnson. What is sweet potato pie?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)