|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
(a) A guitar case
(b) A brief case
(c) A case of soda
(d) A violin case
2. What was Mama's maiden name?
(a) Lena Eggleston
(b) Lena Younger
(c) Lena Anderson
(d) Lena Horne
3. Bobo waited for Willie how long?
(a) All night
(b) Six hours
(c) All day
(d) Two hours
4. Where does Mrs. Johnson pat Ruth?
(a) On her cheek
(b) On her stomach
(c) On her hair
(d) On her hand
5. What is different about the apartment?
(a) Furniture is rearranged
(b) Packing boxes fill the room
(c) Suitcases are being filled
(d) The rugs are rolled up
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lindner represent?
2. What decision does Walter Lee come to about taking Karl Lindner's offer?
3. What is the first thing Ruth will do in the new house?
4. What does Walter mean by "the Man?"
5. What opinion does the Welcoming Committee hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter Lee finally decide not to take Karl Lindner's money?
2. After giving $3500 to the reatlors, Mama makes a brave decision by giving Walter Lee the rest of the insurance money. What is the significance of her action?
3. Beneatha says that there's nothing left of Walter Lee to love now. How does Mama respond?
4. Beneatha sarcastically asks George "Why read books---why go to school?" Give her answer.
5. How do we know that Beneatha tends to hold political positions that promote civil rights?
6. How does Ruth react to Mama giving up on the move to the new house?
7. Walter Lee asks Mr. Lindner to get out, but Mr. Lindner leaves something behind. What?
8. How does Walter Lee find out that Mama's money is gone?
9. How does Mama show understanding when Beneatha says that George is a fool?
10. At the end of the play, Mama tells Ruth that Walter Lee "finally come into his manhood today." What does it mean to come into your manhood?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)