|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beneatha says her people have to overcome:
(a) Racist newspaper stories
(b) Racist neighborhoods
(c) Neighborhood gossips
(d) The Klu Klux Klan
2. Walter Lee has been missing from work for:
(a) Three days
(b) Three weeks
(c) Three hours
(d) Three nights
3. What does Travis announce when he comes in?
(a) That Willie Harris is back
(b) That he needs another dollar
(c) That Karl Lindner is at the door
(d) That the movers have arrived
4. Beneatha thanks Mama for:
(a) Doing the laundry
(b) Making the bed
(c) Understanding her
(d) Buying groceries
5. Mr. Arnold threatens to:
(a) Drive himself
(b) Walk to the bus
(c) Fire Walter
(d) Take the train
Short Answer Questions
1. Bobo waited for Willie how long?
2. How much did Mama spend on the house?
3. What is the mood at the beginning of this act?
4. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
5. Travis wants to be:
Short Essay Questions
1. How do we know that Beneatha tends to hold political positions that promote civil rights?
2. What does Joseph Asagai tell Beneatha he wants to do with his life?
3. Beneatha says that there's nothing left of Walter Lee to love now. How does Mama respond?
4. Instead of going to his job for several days, Walter Lee spent the time driving away from the city. Why did he do this and where did he go?
5. Walter Lee asks Mr. Lindner to get out, but Mr. Lindner leaves something behind. What?
6. A new character, Mr. Karl Lindner, appears at the door. How is he greeted by the adult Youngers?
7. Why does Mama insist on Travis staying while Walter Lee talks to Karl Lindner?
8. At the end of the play, Mama tells Ruth that Walter Lee "finally come into his manhood today." What does it mean to come into your manhood?
9. How does Ruth react to Mama giving up on the move to the new house?
10. Mama explains to Mrs. Johnson that Walter Lee is busy resting. What conclusion does Mrs. Johnson jump to on hearing that?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)