|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Travis wants to be:
(a) A bus driver
(b) A baseball player
(c) A traffic cop
(d) A fireman
2. Mrs. Johnson reads a newspaper headline about:
(a) An accident on the highway
(b) A neighborhood gang shooting
(c) A bombing at Clybourne Park
(d) A riot in downtown Chicago
3. Joseph Asaigai says that Beneatha is grateful to her brother because:
(a) Now she can stay in the neighborhood she grew up in
(b) He makes her look good by ruining things for the family
(c) His failure allows her to give up on the human race
(d) She'll be able to leave her family with worrying about them
4. What is Walter Lee looking for when he searches the apartment?
(a) A betting guide
(b) His paycheck
(c) Karl Lindner's card
(d) His father's pistol
5. What does Mama compare Big Walter to?
(a) A machine
(b) A willing slave
(c) A faithful dog
(d) An old horse
Short Answer Questions
1. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
2. What does Mama say they'll be if Walter Lee takes Karl Lindner's money?
3. Who knocks on the door?
4. What opinion does the Welcoming Committee hold?
5. How much did Mama spend on the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Beneatha upset at Walter Lee in this scene?
2. How does Ruth react to Mama giving up on the move to the new house?
3. What does Joseph Asagai tell Beneatha he wants to do with his life?
4. How does Mama show understanding when Beneatha says that George is a fool?
5. Beneatha says that there's nothing left of Walter Lee to love now. How does Mama respond?
6. Walter Lee asks Mr. Lindner to get out, but Mr. Lindner leaves something behind. What?
7. At the end of the play, Mama tells Ruth that Walter Lee "finally come into his manhood today." What does it mean to come into your manhood?
8. Mama serves sweet potato pie to Mrs. Johnson. What is sweet potato pie?
9. Why does Mama insist on Travis staying while Walter Lee talks to Karl Lindner?
10. Why does Walter Lee ask Karl Lindner to come back to the apartment?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)