|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objection does Mama raise to Beneatha getting married?
(a) She's not in love
(b) She's too poor
(c) She's too young
(d) She's still in school
2. Mr. Arnold threatens to:
(a) Fire Walter
(b) Drive himself
(c) Walk to the bus
(d) Take the train
3. Mama opens a gift. What is it?
(b) Kitchen towels
(c) Garden tools
(d) A tea kettle
4. What does Ruth tell Travis to do when Karl Lindner arrives?
(a) Go downstairs
(b) Bring some water
(c) Turn the radio off
(d) Do his homework
5. Bobo waited for Willie how long?
(a) All day
(b) Six hours
(c) Two hours
(d) All night
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Beneatha wanted to be a doctor?
2. Walter Lee dreams of driving what kind of car?
3. What offer does Agasai make to Beneatha?
4. What does Mr. Lindner bring the Youngers?
5. Beneatha thinks Mama looks like:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beneatha want to do at the end of the play?
2. Ruth tells Beneatha she went out with Walter Lee the night before. Why is that special?
3. A new character, Mr. Karl Lindner, appears at the door. How is he greeted by the adult Youngers?
4. What does Joseph Asagai tell Beneatha he wants to do with his life?
5. Why is Beneatha upset at Walter Lee in this scene?
6. Ruth wants to take a hot bath at the new house. Explain why that is a luxury for her.
7. Instead of going to his job for several days, Walter Lee spent the time driving away from the city. Why did he do this and where did he go?
8. Why does Walter Lee finally decide not to take Karl Lindner's money?
9. How does Ruth react to Mama giving up on the move to the new house?
10. Walter Lee asks Mr. Lindner to get out, but Mr. Lindner leaves something behind. What?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)