|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Johnson comes in. Who is she?
(a) A nosy neighbor
(b) Ruth's best friend
(c) A distant relative
(d) Mama's cousin
2. Who does Walter Lee want Beneatha to marry?
(a) George Murchison
(b) Joseph Asagai
(c) Karl Lindner
(d) Willie Harris
3. Mr. Arnold threatens to:
(a) Fire Walter
(b) Take the train
(c) Walk to the bus
(d) Drive himself
4. Who are Mr. And Mrs. Arnold?
(a) Walter Lee's employers
(b) Ruth's pharmacists
(c) Mrs. Johnson's friends
(d) Mama's neighbors
5. What advice does Asagai give to Beneatha?
(a) Never let people see you crying
(b) Never be afraid to sit awhile and think
(c) Don't put all your eggs in one basket
(d) Don't be afraid to try something new
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Travis?
2. When Mama gives Walter Lee the money, she shows:
3. Mrs. Johnson's personality can be described as:
4. What does Ruth tell Travis to do when Karl Lindner arrives?
5. Beneatha says she wants to:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mama show understanding when Beneatha says that George is a fool?
2. A new character, Mr. Karl Lindner, appears at the door. How is he greeted by the adult Youngers?
3. Ruth tells Beneatha she went out with Walter Lee the night before. Why is that special?
4. How do the onstage character to react to Mr. Lindner's offer to buy their new house? Describe their emotions.
5. Why does Walter Lee finally decide not to take Karl Lindner's money?
6. Mama explains to Mrs. Johnson that Walter Lee is busy resting. What conclusion does Mrs. Johnson jump to on hearing that?
7. After giving $3500 to the reatlors, Mama makes a brave decision by giving Walter Lee the rest of the insurance money. What is the significance of her action?
8. Is Mrs. Johnson sincere when she says, "I'm soooo happy for y'all"? Explain.
9. Before this scene we hadn't realized the scope of Walter Lee's dreams. What are they?
10. What does Beneatha want to do at the end of the play?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)