|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Walter Lee want Beneatha to marry?
(a) Willie Harris
(b) Joseph Asagai
(c) George Murchison
(d) Karl Lindner
2. What was the name of boy in Beneatha's story?
3. Ruth thinks Mr. Lindner looks:
(d) Too relaxed
4. What time are the moving men due?
(a) Ten past noon
(b) Four o'clock
(c) One o'clock
(d) Five o'clock
5. Mrs. Johnson asks Mama if Beneatha:
(a) Is getting engaged
(b) Is still acting uppity
(c) Is still dating George
(d) Is still going to college
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Mr. And Mrs. Arnold?
2. Beneatha says she wants to:
3. Walter Lee has been missing from work for:
4. What advice does Asagai give to Beneatha?
5. Mrs. Johnson thinks Walter is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Beneatha says that there's nothing left of Walter Lee to love now. How does Mama respond?
2. Why does Walter Lee ask Karl Lindner to come back to the apartment?
3. How does Mama show understanding when Beneatha says that George is a fool?
4. Travis says that he wants to be a bus driver. How do Walter Lee's dreams for Travis differ from his son's?
5. Ruth tells Beneatha she went out with Walter Lee the night before. Why is that special?
6. Why does Walter Lee finally decide not to take Karl Lindner's money?
7. How do the onstage character to react to Mr. Lindner's offer to buy their new house? Describe their emotions.
8. How do we know that Beneatha tends to hold political positions that promote civil rights?
9. After giving $3500 to the reatlors, Mama makes a brave decision by giving Walter Lee the rest of the insurance money. What is the significance of her action?
10. A new character, Mr. Karl Lindner, appears at the door. How is he greeted by the adult Youngers?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)