|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Lindner bring the Youngers?
(a) An offer to buy their house
(b) An invitation to a club
(c) A welcome brochure
(d) A no-pet petition
2. Walter Lee explains he drove out to look at:
(a) Steel mills
(b) His home town
(c) The racetrack
(d) The waterfront
3. Mama tells Walter Lee that she wants him to be:
(a) Like his Dad, Big Walter
(b) A good father to Travis
(c) Head of the family
(d) A loving husband
4. Mr. Lindner thinks people should:
(a) Write things down
(b) Read the newspaper
(c) Make telephone calls
(d) Talk things over
5. Who does Walter Lee want Beneatha to marry?
(a) Karl Lindner
(b) Willie Harris
(c) Joseph Asagai
(d) George Murchison
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mama want to put $3000 put in the bank?
2. Where did Ruth go with Walter Lee?
3. Walter Lee can't understand why:
4. Where does Karl Lindner live?
5. Mama comes home from work and complains about:
Short Essay Questions
1. Ruth tells Beneatha she went out with Walter Lee the night before. Why is that special?
2. Why is Beneatha upset at Walter Lee in this scene?
3. Is Mrs. Johnson sincere when she says, "I'm soooo happy for y'all"? Explain.
4. Mama says she's tired after work. She has climbed steps to get into the apartment. Explain why she didn't use an elevator.
5. How does Mama show understanding when Beneatha says that George is a fool?
6. Ruth wants to take a hot bath at the new house. Explain why that is a luxury for her.
7. Before this scene we hadn't realized the scope of Walter Lee's dreams. What are they?
8. Why does Mama insist on Travis staying while Walter Lee talks to Karl Lindner?
9. Mama serves sweet potato pie to Mrs. Johnson. What is sweet potato pie?
10. How does Walter Lee find out that Mama's money is gone?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)