|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say they'll be if Walter Lee takes Karl Lindner's money?
(a) Dead inside
(b) Just like thieves
(c) Cheaters and liars
(d) Poor as church mice
2. Which character enters in a happy, excited mood?
(a) Karl Lindner
(b) Joseph Asagai
(c) Willie Harris
(d) Travis Younger
3. Where did Walter Lee put the money?
(a) In a deal with Willie
(b) In a checking account
(c) In a mattress
(d) Into the bank
4. How much will the monthly payments be for the new house?
5. Where did Ruth go with Walter Lee?
(a) The movies
(b) A drive-in
(c) A restaurant
(d) The park
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
2. What objection does Mama raise to Beneatha getting married?
3. Why is Beneatha unhappy?
4. Beneatha thanks Mama for:
5. What is the mood at the beginning of this act?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter Lee ask Karl Lindner to come back to the apartment?
2. In this scene, Walter Lee's mood has changed for the better from his depression earlier. How does he express his happier feelings?
3. Walter Lee asks Mr. Lindner to get out, but Mr. Lindner leaves something behind. What?
4. A new character, Mr. Karl Lindner, appears at the door. How is he greeted by the adult Youngers?
5. Ruth tells Beneatha she went out with Walter Lee the night before. Why is that special?
6. Beneatha sarcastically asks George "Why read books---why go to school?" Give her answer.
7. Beneatha says that there's nothing left of Walter Lee to love now. How does Mama respond?
8. Describe Walter Lee's body language as he approaches Karl Lindner to accept the man's offer.
9. How does Walter Lee find out that Mama's money is gone?
10. Before this scene we hadn't realized the scope of Walter Lee's dreams. What are they?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)