|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of boy in Beneatha's story?
2. What is Walter Lee looking for when he searches the apartment?
(a) A betting guide
(b) His father's pistol
(c) Karl Lindner's card
(d) His paycheck
3. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
(a) A case of soda
(b) A guitar case
(c) A violin case
(d) A brief case
4. How much did Mama spend on the house?
5. What does Travis announce when he comes in?
(a) That Karl Lindner is at the door
(b) That he needs another dollar
(c) That Willie Harris is back
(d) That the movers have arrived
Short Answer Questions
1. Beneatha walks by dressed in:
2. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
3. Why is Beneatha unhappy?
4. Mama advises Beneatha:
5. Mrs. Johnson's personality can be described as:
Short Essay Questions
1. Beneatha says that there's nothing left of Walter Lee to love now. How does Mama respond?
2. Why does Mama insist on Travis staying while Walter Lee talks to Karl Lindner?
3. How do the onstage character to react to Mr. Lindner's offer to buy their new house? Describe their emotions.
4. Is Mrs. Johnson sincere when she says, "I'm soooo happy for y'all"? Explain.
5. Mama explains to Mrs. Johnson that Walter Lee is busy resting. What conclusion does Mrs. Johnson jump to on hearing that?
6. Ruth tells Beneatha she went out with Walter Lee the night before. Why is that special?
7. What does Joseph Asagai tell Beneatha he wants to do with his life?
8. After giving $3500 to the reatlors, Mama makes a brave decision by giving Walter Lee the rest of the insurance money. What is the significance of her action?
9. Who is the first family member to be suspicious of Mr. Lindner's real intent?
10. Before this scene we hadn't realized the scope of Walter Lee's dreams. What are they?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)