|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the apartment?
(a) Furniture is rearranged
(b) The rugs are rolled up
(c) Packing boxes fill the room
(d) Suitcases are being filled
2. Walter Lee can't understand why:
(a) Bobo missed the station
(b) Willie and Bobo had a fight
(c) Willie didn't leave a map
(d) Willie can't keep a date
3. What is Beneatha's nickname?
4. What advice does Asagai give to Beneatha?
(a) Don't put all your eggs in one basket
(b) Never let people see you crying
(c) Don't be afraid to try something new
(d) Never be afraid to sit awhile and think
5. Walter Lee is so happy that he:
(a) Snaps his fingers
(b) Jumps on the table
(c) Dances with Ruth
(d) Blows a horn
Short Answer Questions
1. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
2. Walter Lee went to the Green Hat to:
3. What is the last thing Mama takes from the apartment?
4. Mr. Arnold had to take a taxi because:
5. What does Walter Lee sing about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ruth tells Beneatha she went out with Walter Lee the night before. Why is that special?
2. Why is Beneatha upset at Walter Lee in this scene?
3. How does Ruth react to Mama giving up on the move to the new house?
4. At the end of the play, Mama tells Ruth that Walter Lee "finally come into his manhood today." What does it mean to come into your manhood?
5. A new character, Mr. Karl Lindner, appears at the door. How is he greeted by the adult Youngers?
6. Why does Walter Lee ask Karl Lindner to come back to the apartment?
7. Before this scene we hadn't realized the scope of Walter Lee's dreams. What are they?
8. How do the onstage character to react to Mr. Lindner's offer to buy their new house? Describe their emotions.
9. Beneatha sarcastically asks George "Why read books---why go to school?" Give her answer.
10. Why does Mama insist on Travis staying while Walter Lee talks to Karl Lindner?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)