|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Travis?
(a) 10 years old
(b) 7 years old
(c) 12 years old
(d) 11 years old
2. What does Mr. Lindner represent?
(a) A welcoming committee
(b) A recreational club
(c) A real estate business
(d) A gardening group
3. How long has Beneatha wanted to be a doctor?
(a) Since her father died in an accident
(b) Since she witnessed an accident as a child
(c) Since she got good grades in High School
(d) Since she had her tonsils taken out
4. What is Walter Lee looking for when he searches the apartment?
(a) A betting guide
(b) His paycheck
(c) His father's pistol
(d) Karl Lindner's card
5. Mr. Arnold had to take a taxi because:
(a) It's cheaper than a limo
(b) His wife wanted to go out
(c) He had an appointment
(d) His chauffeur didn't show up
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama compare Big Walter to?
2. What offer does Agasai make to Beneatha?
3. What was Mama's maiden name?
4. Mrs. Johnson reads a newspaper headline about:
5. Which generation of American Youngers does Travis represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joseph Asagai tell Beneatha he wants to do with his life?
2. Mama explains to Mrs. Johnson that Walter Lee is busy resting. What conclusion does Mrs. Johnson jump to on hearing that?
3. Instead of going to his job for several days, Walter Lee spent the time driving away from the city. Why did he do this and where did he go?
4. Who is the first family member to be suspicious of Mr. Lindner's real intent?
5. How does Ruth react to Mama giving up on the move to the new house?
6. A new character, Mr. Karl Lindner, appears at the door. How is he greeted by the adult Youngers?
7. Before this scene we hadn't realized the scope of Walter Lee's dreams. What are they?
8. After giving $3500 to the reatlors, Mama makes a brave decision by giving Walter Lee the rest of the insurance money. What is the significance of her action?
9. How do the onstage character to react to Mr. Lindner's offer to buy their new house? Describe their emotions.
10. Mama says she's tired after work. She has climbed steps to get into the apartment. Explain why she didn't use an elevator.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)