|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Johnson thinks Walter is:
(a) A good driver
(b) A good provider
(c) A good dancer
(d) Good looking
2. Why does Walter Lee thank Willie Harris?
(a) Because Willie is going to help him start a business
(b) Because Willie taught him to focus on what counts
(c) Because Willie showed him how to cheat others
(d) Because Willie helped him take stock of his life
3. What does Mama say when Karl Lindner appeals to her?
(a) That she is determined to move
(b) She agrees to take his money
(c) She asks him for more money
(d) That her son has made the decision
4. According to Joseph Asagai, what is exceptional in his village?
(a) To think about more than surviving
(b) To read a newspaper or book
(c) To earn more money than you spend
(d) To take an interest in politics
5. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
(a) A case of soda
(b) A guitar case
(c) A violin case
(d) A brief case
Short Answer Questions
1. Beneatha says her people have to overcome:
2. What time are the moving men due?
3. While Beneatha listens to Mr. Lindner, she:
4. What decision does Walter Lee come to about taking Karl Lindner's offer?
5. How does Mr. Lindner describe the people in Clybourne Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mama explains to Mrs. Johnson that Walter Lee is busy resting. What conclusion does Mrs. Johnson jump to on hearing that?
2. How does Walter Lee find out that Mama's money is gone?
3. Before this scene we hadn't realized the scope of Walter Lee's dreams. What are they?
4. A new character, Mr. Karl Lindner, appears at the door. How is he greeted by the adult Youngers?
5. Travis says that he wants to be a bus driver. How do Walter Lee's dreams for Travis differ from his son's?
6. At the end of the play, Mama tells Ruth that Walter Lee "finally come into his manhood today." What does it mean to come into your manhood?
7. Why does Walter Lee finally decide not to take Karl Lindner's money?
8. How do we know that Beneatha tends to hold political positions that promote civil rights?
9. How do the onstage character to react to Mr. Lindner's offer to buy their new house? Describe their emotions.
10. Ruth tells Beneatha she went out with Walter Lee the night before. Why is that special?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)