|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beneatha's nickname?
2. How old is Travis?
(a) 11 years old
(b) 12 years old
(c) 7 years old
(d) 10 years old
3. What does Travis give to Mama?
(a) A pie pan
(b) A plastic pony
(c) A flowerpot
(d) A big hat
4. Beneatha walks by dressed in:
(a) Blue jeans
(b) A bathrobe
(c) A silk slip
5. What does Walter Lee sing about?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
2. Where did Walter Lee put the money?
3. What does Beneatha scornfully call Joseph?
4. Mama begs for strength from:
5. What does Mama say when Karl Lindner appeals to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In this scene, Walter Lee's mood has changed for the better from his depression earlier. How does he express his happier feelings?
2. Before this scene we hadn't realized the scope of Walter Lee's dreams. What are they?
3. Beneatha sarcastically asks George "Why read books---why go to school?" Give her answer.
4. Instead of going to his job for several days, Walter Lee spent the time driving away from the city. Why did he do this and where did he go?
5. How does Walter Lee find out that Mama's money is gone?
6. Mama serves sweet potato pie to Mrs. Johnson. What is sweet potato pie?
7. A new character, Mr. Karl Lindner, appears at the door. How is he greeted by the adult Youngers?
8. Walter Lee asks Mr. Lindner to get out, but Mr. Lindner leaves something behind. What?
9. How do we know that Beneatha tends to hold political positions that promote civil rights?
10. Why does Mama insist on Travis staying while Walter Lee talks to Karl Lindner?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)