|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
(a) Upper class
(b) Uncle Toms
(c) Farm hands
2. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
(a) That she's been fired
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) That she got a new job
(d) That she's feeling ill
3. Where will George take Beneatha on their date?Where will George take Beneatha on their date?
(a) To Lake Shore Drive
(b) To a cocktail party
(c) To a folk festival
(d) To the theater
4. What does Mama ask Travis?
(a) Whether or not he's taken a bath
(b) If he found his missing socks
(c) If he finished his chores
(d) If he has done his homework yet
5. Beneatha turns off the radio which was playing:
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
2. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
3. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
4. What is Beneatha's task?
5. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter Lee get upset at Mama when she tells him about her plans for the insurance money?
2. Why did Mama decide to buy a new house for the family?
3. How does Beneatha surprise George before they go out on their date?
4. Walter Lee mentions that Mama is expecting something to arrive in the mail. What is she expecting?
5. What is Beneatha afraid that Mama will do when Beneatha's visitor arrives?
6. Mama already has plans for the insurance money. What are they?
7. Why is it difficult for members of the Younger family to use the bathroom in the morning?
8. Why is Mama suspicious when Ruth refers to the doctor as a female?
9. Why do you think Ruth fainted at the end of the scene?
10. Travis asks repeatedly where his mother, Ruth, is during this scene. Why doesn't Mama answer his question?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)