|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama's real name is:
2. Mama ignores:
(a) Her neighbor
(b) Walter Lee
3. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
(a) Save money by buying on sale
(b) Hurry up and leave for work
(c) Stay home from work to rest
(d) Buy herself a new outfit
4. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
(b) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
(c) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(d) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
5. Where is the house that Mama bought?
(a) Park Street Lane
(b) Clybourne Park
(c) Clayton Manor
(d) Parkside Square
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
2. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
3. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
4. What does Travis do on his way out?
5. What does Alaiyo mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ruth so embarrassed by Walter Lee and Beneatha when George Murchison comes in?
2. Why is it difficult for members of the Younger family to use the bathroom in the morning?
3. Which members of the Younger family share each of the two bedrooms?
4. Travis asks repeatedly where his mother, Ruth, is during this scene. Why doesn't Mama answer his question?
5. How does Beneatha differ from the other members of her family?
6. How does Mama react when her neighbor, Mrs. Johnson, refuses to lend her some cleanser?
7. Why did Mama decide to buy a new house for the family?
8. Walter Lee mentions that Mama is expecting something to arrive in the mail. What is she expecting?
9. What does Walter Lee do when he sees Beneatha in her Nigerian costume?
10. What function does Joseph Asagai provide in this play about an African-American family?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)