|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will George take Beneatha on their date?Where will George take Beneatha on their date?
(a) To Lake Shore Drive
(b) To the theater
(c) To a folk festival
(d) To a cocktail party
2. Mama tells Travis that she has:
(a) Bought vacation tickets
(b) Bought USA bonds
(c) Bought a business
(d) Bought a house
3. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
4. When will the family move?
(a) Next week
(b) In ten days
(c) In two weeks
(d) The first of the month
5. Which character starts the play on stage?
(d) Walter Lee
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period of the play?
2. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
3. The house has how many bedrooms?
4. What does Ruth think of Willie?
5. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mama waiting for Walter Lee to do after she tells him about Ruth's pregnancy?
2. Which members of the Younger family share each of the two bedrooms?
3. How does Beneatha surprise George before they go out on their date?
4. How does Mama react to Beneatha asking whether Ruth "planned" her baby?
5. What does Walter Lee taunt George about as they wait for Beneatha?
6. What does Walter Lee do when he sees Beneatha in her Nigerian costume?
7. Why does Beneatha have to wait to use the bathroom when she wakes up?
8. What conclusion do Ruth and Walter Lee come to about their marriage in this scene?
9. Why is it difficult for members of the Younger family to use the bathroom in the morning?
10. What is Beneatha afraid that Mama will do when Beneatha's visitor arrives?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)