|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) The insurance money
(b) Savings from her job
(c) Gifts from her friends
(d) Her inheritance
2. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She is afraid that the police would close it
(b) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(c) She doesn't think he would be a success
(d) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
3. Walter Lee and George argue about:
(a) Their family vacations
(b) Their choice of entertainment
(c) Beneatha's short haircut
(d) Their values and lifestyles
4. Who makes the first entrance?
5. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
(a) That he's getting too greedy
(b) That Ruth might leave him
(c) That his work is too dangerous
(d) That he's going to lose his job
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mama go?
2. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
3. The house has how many bedrooms?
4. Walter Lee and Ruth speak privately about what serious issue?
5. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ruth wants to take a hot bath at the new house. Explain why that is a luxury for her.
2. Why does Mama insist on Travis staying while Walter Lee talks to Karl Lindner?
3. Why did Mama decide to buy a new house for the family?
4. Why does Walter Lee ask Karl Lindner to come back to the apartment?
5. Why is Mama suspicious when Ruth refers to the doctor as a female?
6. At the end of the play, Mama tells Ruth that Walter Lee "finally come into his manhood today." What does it mean to come into your manhood?
7. What conclusion do Ruth and Walter Lee come to about their marriage in this scene?
8. Walter Lee mentions that Mama is expecting something to arrive in the mail. What is she expecting?
9. Why is Beneatha upset at Walter Lee in this scene?
10. What does Walter Lee do when he sees Beneatha in her Nigerian costume?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)