|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the house that Mama bought?
(a) Park Street Lane
(b) Clayton Manor
(c) Clybourne Park
(d) Parkside Square
2. What does Travis ask his mother for?
(a) Fifty cents
(b) More eggs
(c) A comic book
(d) A pop gun
3. According to Walter Lee, money is:
4. When will the family move?
(a) In two weeks
(b) Next week
(c) The first of the month
(d) In ten days
5. What is Beneatha's task?
(a) Spraying cockroaches
(b) Washing down walls
(c) Scrubbing kitchen counters
(d) Sweeping the floor
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Travis sleep?
2. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
3. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
4. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
5. What is revealed when Beneatha takes off her headdress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Mama's spindly plant to her character?
2. How does Beneatha surprise George before they go out on their date?
3. Why does Beneatha have to wait to use the bathroom when she wakes up?
4. Mama already has plans for the insurance money. What are they?
5. How does Mama react to Beneatha asking whether Ruth "planned" her baby?
6. Travis asks repeatedly where his mother, Ruth, is during this scene. Why doesn't Mama answer his question?
7. What does Walter Lee do when he sees Beneatha in her Nigerian costume?
8. Why is Mama suspicious when Ruth refers to the doctor as a female?
9. Why does Walter Lee get upset at Mama when she tells him about her plans for the insurance money?
10. How do Walter Lee and Ruth react when Mama tells them she bought a house in Clybourne Park?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)