|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George doesn't care for:
(c) Soda Pop
2. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
(a) Baking powder
(b) Cockroach spray
(c) Confectioner's Sugar
(d) Kitchen cleanser
3. Which character starts the play on stage?
(d) Walter Lee
4. What does Travis do on his way out?
(a) Grabs his hat and jacket from a hook
(b) Smacks Beneatha on the her bottom
(c) Tosses a basketball to his father
(d) Steps on as many cockroaches as he can
5. According to Walter Lee, money is:
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
2. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
3. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
4. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
5. What does Mama ask Travis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beneatha surprise George before they go out on their date?
2. Travis asks repeatedly where his mother, Ruth, is during this scene. Why doesn't Mama answer his question?
3. Mama already has plans for the insurance money. What are they?
4. Why is Beneatha reluctant to let a visitor come over to the apartment on this morning?
5. Why is Ruth so embarrassed by Walter Lee and Beneatha when George Murchison comes in?
6. How does Mama react to Beneatha asking whether Ruth "planned" her baby?
7. Why is it difficult for members of the Younger family to use the bathroom in the morning?
8. What is Mama waiting for Walter Lee to do after she tells him about Ruth's pregnancy?
9. What conclusion do Ruth and Walter Lee come to about their marriage in this scene?
10. What is Beneatha afraid that Mama will do when Beneatha's visitor arrives?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)