|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George doesn't care for:
(a) Soda Pop
2. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
(a) He is speechless
(b) With great respect
(c) He ignores her
(d) He tells her jokes
3. What does Travis do on his way out?
(a) Steps on as many cockroaches as he can
(b) Tosses a basketball to his father
(c) Smacks Beneatha on the her bottom
(d) Grabs his hat and jacket from a hook
4. Walter Lee has been out talking to:
(a) The bartender
(c) George Murchison
(d) Willie Harris
5. The house has how many bedrooms?
(b) Two and a half
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
2. What does Alaiyo mean?
3. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
4. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
5. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Mama's spindly plant to her character?
2. Mama already has plans for the insurance money. What are they?
3. Travis says that he wants to be a bus driver. How do Walter Lee's dreams for Travis differ from his son's?
4. Why is Beneatha upset at Walter Lee in this scene?
5. Mama explains to Mrs. Johnson that Walter Lee is busy resting. What conclusion does Mrs. Johnson jump to on hearing that?
6. Mama serves sweet potato pie to Mrs. Johnson. What is sweet potato pie?
7. Ruth tells Beneatha she went out with Walter Lee the night before. Why is that special?
8. How does Mama show understanding when Beneatha says that George is a fool?
9. Why do Ruth and Walter Lee react so strongly to the idea of moving to Clybourne Park?
10. Walter Lee asks Mr. Lindner to get out, but Mr. Lindner leaves something behind. What?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)