|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George doesn't care for:
(d) Soda Pop
2. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
(a) A garbage strike
(b) A recent murder
(c) A battle in France
(d) Another bomb test
3. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) Makes Travis's bed
(b) She faints
(d) Sings a hymn
4. Which character starts the play on stage?
(d) Walter Lee
5. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
(a) Setting fire to the building
(b) Drowning them with the dishwater
(c) Using flyswatters to hit them
(d) Getting a cat to chase them away
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the house that Mama bought?
2. She puts on a phonograph record of:
3. What does Travis ask his mother for?
4. Who comes to visit Beneatha in this scene?
5. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mama react to Beneatha asking whether Ruth "planned" her baby?
2. How does Beneatha differ from the other members of her family?
3. Why is Mama suspicious when Ruth refers to the doctor as a female?
4. What does Ruth urge Mama to do with the insurance money for Big Walter's death?
5. Walter Lee mentions that Mama is expecting something to arrive in the mail. What is she expecting?
6. Travis asks repeatedly where his mother, Ruth, is during this scene. Why doesn't Mama answer his question?
7. What is the importance of Mama's spindly plant to her character?
8. Mama already has plans for the insurance money. What are they?
9. What is Beneatha afraid that Mama will do when Beneatha's visitor arrives?
10. What is Mama waiting for Walter Lee to do after she tells him about Ruth's pregnancy?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)