|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
(a) He wants to buy a new limousine
(b) He wants to stay in the apartment
(c) He sees his own dreams shattered
(d) He wants to move to New York
2. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(b) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(c) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(d) Early 1960s through early1970s
3. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
(a) Drowning them with the dishwater
(b) Getting a cat to chase them away
(c) Using flyswatters to hit them
(d) Setting fire to the building
4. What term does Walter Lee use to refer to George's shoes?
(a) White bucks
(b) Made in Italy
(c) Patent leather
(d) Saddle shoes
5. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(b) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
(c) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
(d) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
2. In Walter Lee's imaginary African dance, he gestures with a:
3. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
4. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
5. When will the family move?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beneatha have to wait to use the bathroom when she wakes up?
2. Why does Walter Lee get upset at Mama when she tells him about her plans for the insurance money?
3. How do Walter Lee and Ruth react when Mama tells them she bought a house in Clybourne Park?
4. Travis asks repeatedly where his mother, Ruth, is during this scene. Why doesn't Mama answer his question?
5. Why is Beneatha reluctant to let a visitor come over to the apartment on this morning?
6. Ruth scolds Walter Lee for keeping Travis up the night before. How did Walter Lee do that?
7. What conclusion do Ruth and Walter Lee come to about their marriage in this scene?
8. Mama already has plans for the insurance money. What are they?
9. Why did Mama decide to buy a new house for the family?
10. Describe Walter Lee's future, as he sees it.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)