|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis do on his way out?
(a) Grabs his hat and jacket from a hook
(b) Tosses a basketball to his father
(c) Smacks Beneatha on the her bottom
(d) Steps on as many cockroaches as he can
2. George doesn't care for:
(d) Soda Pop
3. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
(b) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
(c) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(d) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
4. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
(a) Nosey neighbors
(b) Ironing boards
(c) Dirty laundry
(d) Walls and roaches
5. Mama's real name is:
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
2. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
3. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
4. Where is the house that Mama bought?
5. Beneatha turns off the radio which was playing:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Ruth and Walter Lee react so strongly to the idea of moving to Clybourne Park?
2. Why is it difficult for members of the Younger family to use the bathroom in the morning?
3. What function does Joseph Asagai provide in this play about an African-American family?
4. Why does Beneatha have to wait to use the bathroom when she wakes up?
5. What does Walter Lee do when he sees Beneatha in her Nigerian costume?
6. Why does Walter Lee get upset at Mama when she tells him about her plans for the insurance money?
7. What is Mama waiting for Walter Lee to do after she tells him about Ruth's pregnancy?
8. How does the author let the reader know that Beneatha is inauthentic in the way she wears her Nigerian costume?
9. Describe Walter Lee's future, as he sees it.
10. Which members of the Younger family share each of the two bedrooms?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)