|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Drink and have fun with his friends
(b) Open a liquor store with his friends
(c) Go to college and become a doctor
(d) Buy a limosine and run a car service
2. She puts on a phonograph record of:
(a) American folksongs
(b) Nigerian folk music
(c) Madam Butterfly
(d) African drumming
3. When will the family move?
(a) Next week
(b) In two weeks
(c) In ten days
(d) The first of the month
4. The new neighborhood is:
(a) Mostly Negro
(c) Mixed race
(d) Mostly white
5. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
(a) That she got a new job
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) That she's feeling ill
(d) That she's been fired
Short Answer Questions
1. George doesn't care for:
2. Where will George take Beneatha on their date?Where will George take Beneatha on their date?
3. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
4. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
5. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ruth wants to take a hot bath at the new house. Explain why that is a luxury for her.
2. How do Walter Lee and Ruth react when Mama tells them she bought a house in Clybourne Park?
3. What is Ruth referring to when she talks to George about "them bombs and things they keep setting off?"
4. What does Walter Lee do when he sees Beneatha in her Nigerian costume?
5. How do the onstage character to react to Mr. Lindner's offer to buy their new house? Describe their emotions.
6. Who is the first family member to be suspicious of Mr. Lindner's real intent?
7. Why is Beneatha reluctant to let a visitor come over to the apartment on this morning?
8. Before this scene we hadn't realized the scope of Walter Lee's dreams. What are they?
9. What conclusion do Ruth and Walter Lee come to about their marriage in this scene?
10. Travis says that he wants to be a bus driver. How do Walter Lee's dreams for Travis differ from his son's?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)