|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
(a) He sees his own dreams shattered
(b) He wants to stay in the apartment
(c) He wants to buy a new limousine
(d) He wants to move to New York
2. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
(a) To get her hair done
(b) To see the doctor
(c) To visit a neighbor
(d) To the post office
3. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
(a) Getting a cat to chase them away
(b) Setting fire to the building
(c) Using flyswatters to hit them
(d) Drowning them with the dishwater
4. Ruth changes her mind about
(a) Whipping Travis
(b) Doing the dishes
(c) Going to the store
(d) Arguing with Walter Lee
5. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
(a) A Nigerian robe
(b) A formal party gown
(c) A folk dancing skirt
(d) A cocktail dress
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period of the play?
2. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
3. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
4. Where did Mama go?
5. What is in the letter they are expecting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mama decide to buy a new house for the family?
2. Why do you think Ruth fainted at the end of the scene?
3. Walter Lee mentions that Mama is expecting something to arrive in the mail. What is she expecting?
4. What is Ruth referring to when she talks to George about "them bombs and things they keep setting off?"
5. How does Mama react to Beneatha asking whether Ruth "planned" her baby?
6. Mama already has plans for the insurance money. What are they?
7. How does the author let the reader know that Beneatha is inauthentic in the way she wears her Nigerian costume?
8. Why do Ruth and Walter Lee react so strongly to the idea of moving to Clybourne Park?
9. How does Beneatha differ from the other members of her family?
10. Why is Mama suspicious when Ruth refers to the doctor as a female?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)