|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
(a) He died in a factory accident
(b) He committed suicide
(c) He worked himself to death
(d) He was hit by a bus
2. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
(c) Any way but scrambled
(d) Over easy
3. Walter Lee has been out talking to:
(b) The bartender
(c) Willie Harris
(d) George Murchison
4. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Buy a limosine and run a car service
(b) Drink and have fun with his friends
(c) Open a liquor store with his friends
(d) Go to college and become a doctor
5. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) An old wind-up clock
(b) A small houseplant
(c) A good-luck statue
(d) A picture of her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the letter they are expecting?
2. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
3. She puts on a phonograph record of:
4. What does Travis ask Mama?
5. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter Lee get upset at Mama when she tells him about her plans for the insurance money?
2. How does Mama react to Beneatha asking whether Ruth "planned" her baby?
3. Walter Lee mentions that Mama is expecting something to arrive in the mail. What is she expecting?
4. How does Beneatha surprise George before they go out on their date?
5. How does Mama react when her neighbor, Mrs. Johnson, refuses to lend her some cleanser?
6. What is Ruth referring to when she talks to George about "them bombs and things they keep setting off?"
7. Why does Beneatha have to wait to use the bathroom when she wakes up?
8. How does Beneatha differ from the other members of her family?
9. What is Mama waiting for Walter Lee to do after she tells him about Ruth's pregnancy?
10. What does Walter Lee taunt George about as they wait for Beneatha?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)