|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walter Lee has been out talking to:
(b) The bartender
(c) Willie Harris
(d) George Murchison
2. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) That she's dying
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) She works too hard
(d) She needs his love
3. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
(a) Farm hands
(c) Upper class
(d) Uncle Toms
4. Mama ignores:
(a) Her neighbor
(b) Walter Lee
5. Ruth changes her mind about
(a) Going to the store
(b) Arguing with Walter Lee
(c) Whipping Travis
(d) Doing the dishes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
2. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
3. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
4. In Walter Lee's imaginary African dance, he gestures with a:
5. Who is acting as head of the Younger family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mama suspicious when Ruth refers to the doctor as a female?
2. Describe Walter Lee's future, as he sees it.
3. How does Beneatha differ from the other members of her family?
4. How does Mama react when her neighbor, Mrs. Johnson, refuses to lend her some cleanser?
5. What is Mama waiting for Walter Lee to do after she tells him about Ruth's pregnancy?
6. Why did Mama decide to buy a new house for the family?
7. How do Walter Lee and Ruth react when Mama tells them she bought a house in Clybourne Park?
8. What conclusion do Ruth and Walter Lee come to about their marriage in this scene?
9. Why is Ruth so embarrassed by Walter Lee and Beneatha when George Murchison comes in?
10. What function does Joseph Asagai provide in this play about an African-American family?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)