|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Ask his grandmother for money
(b) Stop on the way to school for gum
(c) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(d) Turns up the radio so loudly
2. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
(a) Uncle Toms
(b) Upper class
(c) Farm hands
3. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(b) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
(c) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(d) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
4. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Twenty-five dollars
(b) Ten dollars
(c) Fifty dollars
(d) Five dollars
5. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
2. The new neighborhood is:
3. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
4. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
5. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Walter Lee's future, as he sees it.
2. What function does Joseph Asagai provide in this play about an African-American family?
3. Travis asks repeatedly where his mother, Ruth, is during this scene. Why doesn't Mama answer his question?
4. What does Walter Lee do when he sees Beneatha in her Nigerian costume?
5. What is Mama waiting for Walter Lee to do after she tells him about Ruth's pregnancy?
6. What is Ruth referring to when she talks to George about "them bombs and things they keep setting off?"
7. Why do Ruth and Walter Lee react so strongly to the idea of moving to Clybourne Park?
8. Why is it difficult for members of the Younger family to use the bathroom in the morning?
9. Which members of the Younger family share each of the two bedrooms?
10. Why does Beneatha have to wait to use the bathroom when she wakes up?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)