|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(b) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(c) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(d) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
2. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
(a) Confectioner's Sugar
(b) Cockroach spray
(c) Kitchen cleanser
(d) Baking powder
3. The house has how many bedrooms?
(d) Two and a half
4. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
(a) That he bought a new cadillac
(b) That he's getting a new job
(c) That he has a degree in public speaking
(d) That he's been to New York City
5. What does Walter Lee give Travis?
(a) A dollar
(b) A kiss
(c) Fifty cents
(d) A hug
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
2. Walter Lee and George argue about:
3. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
4. Walter Lee and Ruth speak privately about what serious issue?
5. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Ruth fainted at the end of the scene?
2. Which members of the Younger family share each of the two bedrooms?
3. Why does Beneatha have to wait to use the bathroom when she wakes up?
4. Why do Ruth and Walter Lee react so strongly to the idea of moving to Clybourne Park?
5. What is Mama waiting for Walter Lee to do after she tells him about Ruth's pregnancy?
6. Ruth scolds Walter Lee for keeping Travis up the night before. How did Walter Lee do that?
7. How does Mama react when her neighbor, Mrs. Johnson, refuses to lend her some cleanser?
8. Why is Mama suspicious when Ruth refers to the doctor as a female?
9. What does Walter Lee taunt George about as they wait for Beneatha?
10. Describe Walter Lee's future, as he sees it.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)