|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
2. Where did Mama go?
(a) To buy groceries
(b) To Travis' school
(c) To visit the neighbor
(d) To tend to business
3. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(a) Willie Harris
(c) The landlord
(d) His boss
4. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
(a) It was a breakfast alcove
(b) It was a large closet
(c) It was a storage area
(d) It was the dining room
5. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
(b) Being careless with her money
(c) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(d) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
Short Answer Questions
1. The new neighborhood is:
2. Who is acting as head of the Younger family?
3. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
4. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
5. What term does Walter Lee use to refer to George's shoes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter Lee get upset at Mama when she tells him about her plans for the insurance money?
2. Why is it difficult for members of the Younger family to use the bathroom in the morning?
3. What is Mama waiting for Walter Lee to do after she tells him about Ruth's pregnancy?
4. Walter Lee asks Mr. Lindner to get out, but Mr. Lindner leaves something behind. What?
5. What function does Joseph Asagai provide in this play about an African-American family?
6. After giving $3500 to the reatlors, Mama makes a brave decision by giving Walter Lee the rest of the insurance money. What is the significance of her action?
7. How does Beneatha differ from the other members of her family?
8. Why do you think Ruth fainted at the end of the scene?
9. Beneatha says that there's nothing left of Walter Lee to love now. How does Mama respond?
10. Why is Beneatha upset at Walter Lee in this scene?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)