|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
2. The new neighborhood is:
(a) Mostly white
(c) Mixed race
(d) Mostly Negro
3. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
(a) That he's getting a new job
(b) That he's been to New York City
(c) That he bought a new cadillac
(d) That he has a degree in public speaking
4. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
5. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) She faints
(c) Sings a hymn
(d) Makes Travis's bed
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama's real name is:
2. Ruth is doing a domestic chore. What is it?
3. Walter Lee and George argue about:
4. What does Travis ask Mama?
5. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ruth so embarrassed by Walter Lee and Beneatha when George Murchison comes in?
2. What is Beneatha afraid that Mama will do when Beneatha's visitor arrives?
3. What does Ruth urge Mama to do with the insurance money for Big Walter's death?
4. What is the importance of Mama's spindly plant to her character?
5. What conclusion do Ruth and Walter Lee come to about their marriage in this scene?
6. Mama already has plans for the insurance money. What are they?
7. What does Walter Lee do when he sees Beneatha in her Nigerian costume?
8. Why is Mama suspicious when Ruth refers to the doctor as a female?
9. What function does Joseph Asagai provide in this play about an African-American family?
10. Describe Walter Lee's future, as he sees it.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)