|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Beneatha in this scene?
(a) George Murchison
(b) Joseph Asagai
(c) Karl Lindner
(d) Willie Harris
2. What does Travis do on his way out?
(a) Smacks Beneatha on the her bottom
(b) Tosses a basketball to his father
(c) Steps on as many cockroaches as he can
(d) Grabs his hat and jacket from a hook
3. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
(a) He committed suicide
(b) He died in a factory accident
(c) He was hit by a bus
(d) He worked himself to death
4. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) Savings from her job
(b) Her inheritance
(c) Gifts from her friends
(d) The insurance money
5. According to Walter Lee, money is:
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama tells Travis that she has:
2. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
3. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
4. What is in the letter they are expecting?
5. George doesn't care for:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter Lee get upset at Mama when she tells him about her plans for the insurance money?
2. Describe Walter Lee's future, as he sees it.
3. Ruth scolds Walter Lee for keeping Travis up the night before. How did Walter Lee do that?
4. What does Ruth urge Mama to do with the insurance money for Big Walter's death?
5. How does Beneatha surprise George before they go out on their date?
6. How does the author let the reader know that Beneatha is inauthentic in the way she wears her Nigerian costume?
7. What conclusion do Ruth and Walter Lee come to about their marriage in this scene?
8. What does Walter Lee taunt George about as they wait for Beneatha?
9. Why do Ruth and Walter Lee react so strongly to the idea of moving to Clybourne Park?
10. What function does Joseph Asagai provide in this play about an African-American family?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)