|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
2. Where is the house that Mama bought?
(a) Clybourne Park
(b) Park Street Lane
(c) Clayton Manor
(d) Parkside Square
3. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(b) Being careless with her money
(c) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(d) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
4. Walter Lee and Ruth speak privately about what serious issue?
(a) Their son Travis' behavior
(b) Their deteriorating relationship
(c) Mama's decision to buy a house
(d) Walter Lee's need for milk or coffee
5. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Five dollars
(b) Ten dollars
(c) Fifty dollars
(d) Twenty-five dollars
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
2. What does Mama ask Travis?
3. She puts on a phonograph record of:
4. What term does Walter Lee use to refer to George's shoes?
5. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ruth scolds Walter Lee for keeping Travis up the night before. How did Walter Lee do that?
2. Why do Ruth and Walter Lee react so strongly to the idea of moving to Clybourne Park?
3. Why is Mama suspicious when Ruth refers to the doctor as a female?
4. Why is Ruth so embarrassed by Walter Lee and Beneatha when George Murchison comes in?
5. Which members of the Younger family share each of the two bedrooms?
6. Describe Walter Lee's future, as he sees it.
7. How does Beneatha surprise George before they go out on their date?
8. How does Mama react to Beneatha asking whether Ruth "planned" her baby?
9. Why did Mama decide to buy a new house for the family?
10. Travis asks repeatedly where his mother, Ruth, is during this scene. Why doesn't Mama answer his question?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)