|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama's real name is:
2. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Buy a limosine and run a car service
(b) Go to college and become a doctor
(c) Open a liquor store with his friends
(d) Drink and have fun with his friends
3. In Walter Lee's imaginary African dance, he gestures with a:
4. Mama tells Travis that she has:
(a) Bought vacation tickets
(b) Bought a business
(c) Bought a house
(d) Bought USA bonds
5. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) She needs his love
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) That she's dying
(d) She works too hard
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
2. The house has how many bedrooms?
3. Mama ignores:
4. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
5. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Ruth and Walter Lee react so strongly to the idea of moving to Clybourne Park?
2. Travis asks repeatedly where his mother, Ruth, is during this scene. Why doesn't Mama answer his question?
3. Ruth wants to take a hot bath at the new house. Explain why that is a luxury for her.
4. How does the author let the reader know that Beneatha is inauthentic in the way she wears her Nigerian costume?
5. How does Beneatha surprise George before they go out on their date?
6. How does Mama react to Beneatha asking whether Ruth "planned" her baby?
7. What does Walter Lee taunt George about as they wait for Beneatha?
8. Walter Lee mentions that Mama is expecting something to arrive in the mail. What is she expecting?
9. What is the importance of Mama's spindly plant to her character?
10. Instead of going to his job for several days, Walter Lee spent the time driving away from the city. Why did he do this and where did he go?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)