|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(b) Stop on the way to school for gum
(c) Ask his grandmother for money
(d) Turns up the radio so loudly
2. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) Makes Travis's bed
(b) She faints
(d) Sings a hymn
3. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
4. Who makes the first entrance?
5. Where will George take Beneatha on their date?Where will George take Beneatha on their date?
(a) To a folk festival
(b) To Lake Shore Drive
(c) To a cocktail party
(d) To the theater
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
2. Under the influence of alcohol, Walter Lee dramatically ridicules what?
3. What does Travis go to do?
4. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
5. Ruth changes her mind about
Short Essay Questions
1. Mama already has plans for the insurance money. What are they?
2. What is Ruth referring to when she talks to George about "them bombs and things they keep setting off?"
3. What does Walter Lee do when he sees Beneatha in her Nigerian costume?
4. Which members of the Younger family share each of the two bedrooms?
5. Why does Beneatha have to wait to use the bathroom when she wakes up?
6. Why does Walter Lee get upset at Mama when she tells him about her plans for the insurance money?
7. How does Beneatha differ from the other members of her family?
8. Why do you think Ruth fainted at the end of the scene?
9. How do Walter Lee and Ruth react when Mama tells them she bought a house in Clybourne Park?
10. What is Beneatha afraid that Mama will do when Beneatha's visitor arrives?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)