|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will the family move?
(a) Next week
(b) In two weeks
(c) The first of the month
(d) In ten days
2. What does Travis go to do?
(a) Go to the movies with his friends
(b) Play stickball with his friends
(c) Study at the local library
(d) Carry groceries at the local store
3. In Walter Lee's imaginary African dance, he gestures with a:
4. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
(a) A recent murder
(b) A battle in France
(c) A garbage strike
(d) Another bomb test
5. According to Walter Lee, money is:
Short Answer Questions
1. The new neighborhood is:
2. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
3. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
4. Walter Lee and George argue about:
5. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What function does Joseph Asagai provide in this play about an African-American family?
2. Why is Beneatha reluctant to let a visitor come over to the apartment on this morning?
3. How do Walter Lee and Ruth react when Mama tells them she bought a house in Clybourne Park?
4. How does Mama react when her neighbor, Mrs. Johnson, refuses to lend her some cleanser?
5. What conclusion do Ruth and Walter Lee come to about their marriage in this scene?
6. What is Beneatha afraid that Mama will do when Beneatha's visitor arrives?
7. Ruth scolds Walter Lee for keeping Travis up the night before. How did Walter Lee do that?
8. Mama already has plans for the insurance money. What are they?
9. What does Walter Lee taunt George about as they wait for Beneatha?
10. What does Ruth urge Mama to do with the insurance money for Big Walter's death?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)