|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Walter Lee thank Willie Harris?
(a) Because Willie is going to help him start a business
(b) Because Willie taught him to focus on what counts
(c) Because Willie helped him take stock of his life
(d) Because Willie showed him how to cheat others
2. What word is it that affects Walter Lee so strongly that he begins to pace and mutter?
3. Where does Karl Lindner live?
(a) Chicago Housing
(b) South Parkway
(c) Clybourne Park
(d) Lake Shore Drive
4. Walter Lee explains he drove out to look at:
(a) The racetrack
(b) The waterfront
(c) Steel mills
(d) His home town
5. Where did Walter Lee put the money?
(a) Into the bank
(b) In a mattress
(c) In a deal with Willie
(d) In a checking account
6. Mama tells Walter Lee that she wants him to be:
(a) Like his Dad, Big Walter
(b) A loving husband
(c) Head of the family
(d) A good father to Travis
7. What does Walter mean by "the Man?"
(a) All members of mankind
(b) Rich African-Americans
(c) People with money and power
(d) Poor African-Americans
8. What opinion does the Welcoming Committee hold?
(a) Neighbors should visit often
(b) Negroes should live elsewhere
(c) The new neighbors are nice
(d) The Youngers need a garage
9. Walter Lee dreams of driving what kind of car?
(a) A two-tone sedan
(b) A white Cadillac
(c) A silver sports car
(d) A black Chrysler
10. Mrs. Johnson's personality can be described as:
11. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
(a) A toothless rat
(b) An illiterate bum
(c) A spineless worm
(d) A no account man
12. Mrs. Johnson comes in. Who is she?
(a) A nosy neighbor
(b) A distant relative
(c) Ruth's best friend
(d) Mama's cousin
13. What does Mama say they'll be if Walter Lee takes Karl Lindner's money?
(a) Poor as church mice
(b) Dead inside
(c) Just like thieves
(d) Cheaters and liars
14. Who are Mr. And Mrs. Arnold?
(a) Mama's neighbors
(b) Ruth's pharmacists
(c) Walter Lee's employers
(d) Mrs. Johnson's friends
15. Joseph Asaigai says that Beneatha is grateful to her brother because:
(a) He makes her look good by ruining things for the family
(b) Now she can stay in the neighborhood she grew up in
(c) His failure allows her to give up on the human race
(d) She'll be able to leave her family with worrying about them
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Ruth will do in the new house?
2. What does Beneatha scornfully call Joseph?
3. Mama warns the movers to be careful with what object?
4. Mr. Lindner thinks people should:
5. Walter Lee has been missing from work for:
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)