|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character enters in a happy, excited mood?
(a) Joseph Asagai
(b) Travis Younger
(c) Karl Lindner
(d) Willie Harris
2. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
(a) Explore science
(b) Further an interest
(c) Get a degree
(d) Enjoy poetry
3. What does Mr. Lindner bring the Youngers?
(a) An invitation to a club
(b) An offer to buy their house
(c) A welcome brochure
(d) A no-pet petition
4. Mama opens a gift. What is it?
(a) A tea kettle
(b) Kitchen towels
(c) Garden tools
5. Walter Lee dreams of driving what kind of car?
(a) A silver sports car
(b) A black Chrysler
(c) A two-tone sedan
(d) A white Cadillac
6. Beneatha tells Mama that George is:
(a) A friend
(b) A fool
(c) A dandy
(d) A catch
7. What was the name of boy in Beneatha's story?
8. What does Travis announce when he comes in?
(a) That Karl Lindner is at the door
(b) That the movers have arrived
(c) That he needs another dollar
(d) That Willie Harris is back
9. What advice does Asagai give to Beneatha?
(a) Never be afraid to sit awhile and think
(b) Don't put all your eggs in one basket
(c) Never let people see you crying
(d) Don't be afraid to try something new
10. Walter Lee went to the Green Hat to:
(a) To smoke cigars
(b) Listen to music
(c) To talk sports
(d) To play pool
11. Ruth thinks Mr. Lindner looks:
(b) Too relaxed
12. What does Ruth tell Travis to do when Karl Lindner arrives?
(a) Do his homework
(b) Go downstairs
(c) Turn the radio off
(d) Bring some water
13. How does Mr. Lindner describe the people in Clybourne Park?
(b) Family oriented
(c) Mostly retired
(d) Rich and fancy
14. What decision does Walter Lee come to about taking Karl Lindner's offer?
(a) He decides to take the money
(b) He decides to offer a compromise
(c) He decides to ask for more
(d) He decides not to take it
15. What does Mama say when Karl Lindner appeals to her?
(a) She agrees to take his money
(b) That she is determined to move
(c) That her son has made the decision
(d) She asks him for more money
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocks on the door?
2. What is the last thing Mama takes from the apartment?
3. Walter Lee explains he drove out to look at:
4. What, according to Mama, happened to Walter Lee in this scene?
5. While Beneatha listens to Mr. Lindner, she:
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)