|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter mean by "the Man?"
(a) People with money and power
(b) Poor African-Americans
(c) Rich African-Americans
(d) All members of mankind
2. Mama opens a gift. What is it?
(a) A tea kettle
(c) Kitchen towels
(d) Garden tools
3. Why does Walter Lee thank Willie Harris?
(a) Because Willie showed him how to cheat others
(b) Because Willie is going to help him start a business
(c) Because Willie taught him to focus on what counts
(d) Because Willie helped him take stock of his life
4. What does Mama say when Karl Lindner appeals to her?
(a) She agrees to take his money
(b) That her son has made the decision
(c) That she is determined to move
(d) She asks him for more money
5. What does Mr. Lindner bring the Youngers?
(a) A welcome brochure
(b) An offer to buy their house
(c) A no-pet petition
(d) An invitation to a club
6. According to Joseph Asagai, what is exceptional in his village?
(a) To take an interest in politics
(b) To think about more than surviving
(c) To earn more money than you spend
(d) To read a newspaper or book
7. How much did Mama spend on the house?
8. Who does Walter Lee want Beneatha to marry?
(a) Willie Harris
(b) George Murchison
(c) Karl Lindner
(d) Joseph Asagai
9. Why does Mama want to put $3000 put in the bank?
(a) For Travis' future education
(b) For Ruth's hospital expenses
(c) For Walter's liquor business
(d) For Beneatha's school tuition
10. What is the first thing Ruth will do in the new house?
(a) Open the windows
(b) Make hot tea
(c) Take a hot bath
(d) Arrange flowers
11. What does Mama ask Beneatha and Ruth to do?
(a) Spray the rooms one more time for cockroaches
(b) Use the newspapers to pack up the china
(c) Call the moving company to cancel their service
(d) Tell the landlord that they'll be staying on
12. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
(a) An illiterate bum
(b) A spineless worm
(c) A toothless rat
(d) A no account man
13. Mrs. Johnson thinks Walter is:
(a) Good looking
(b) A good provider
(c) A good dancer
(d) A good driver
14. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
(a) Further an interest
(b) Enjoy poetry
(c) Explore science
(d) Get a degree
15. Who are Mr. And Mrs. Arnold?
(a) Ruth's pharmacists
(b) Mrs. Johnson's friends
(c) Mama's neighbors
(d) Walter Lee's employers
Short Answer Questions
1. Bobo waited for Willie how long?
2. Why is Beneatha unhappy?
3. Walter Lee dreams of driving what kind of car?
4. What objection does Mama raise to Beneatha getting married?
5. Beneatha thinks Mama looks like:
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)