|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Mama, happened to Walter Lee in this scene?
(a) He came into his manhood
(b) He learned an important lesson
(c) He lost his head in a crisis
(d) He saved the family from disaster
2. What advice does Asagai give to Beneatha?
(a) Never be afraid to sit awhile and think
(b) Don't put all your eggs in one basket
(c) Don't be afraid to try something new
(d) Never let people see you crying
3. According to Joseph Asagai, what is exceptional in his village?
(a) To read a newspaper or book
(b) To take an interest in politics
(c) To think about more than surviving
(d) To earn more money than you spend
4. Mama comes home from work and complains about:
(a) The steps
(b) Ruth's dress
(c) Her boss
(d) The weather
5. What is Walter Lee looking for when he searches the apartment?
(a) Karl Lindner's card
(b) A betting guide
(c) His paycheck
(d) His father's pistol
6. Walter Lee grabs Bobo and:
(a) Pulls his ears
(b) Slaps him
(c) Knocks him down
(d) Shakes him
7. Mrs. Johnson reads a newspaper headline about:
(a) A riot in downtown Chicago
(b) An accident on the highway
(c) A bombing at Clybourne Park
(d) A neighborhood gang shooting
8. What does Mama compare Big Walter to?
(a) A faithful dog
(b) An old horse
(c) A machine
(d) A willing slave
9. What does Walter Lee sing about?
10. Mama tells Walter Lee that she wants him to be:
(a) Head of the family
(b) A loving husband
(c) Like his Dad, Big Walter
(d) A good father to Travis
11. What will Mama take to the new house?
(a) An antique pitcher
(b) The family album
(c) Her spindly plant
(d) A new set of china
12. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
(a) An illiterate bum
(b) A no account man
(c) A spineless worm
(d) A toothless rat
13. Walter Lee went to the Green Hat to:
(a) To play pool
(b) To talk sports
(c) Listen to music
(d) To smoke cigars
14. What was Mama's maiden name?
(a) Lena Younger
(b) Lena Eggleston
(c) Lena Horne
(d) Lena Anderson
15. Ruth thinks Mr. Lindner looks:
(a) Too relaxed
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bad news?
2. Where did Walter Lee put the money?
3. Mama opens a gift. What is it?
4. What time are the moving men due?
5. What is the mood at the beginning of this act?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)