|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama want to put $3000 put in the bank?
(a) For Beneatha's school tuition
(b) For Ruth's hospital expenses
(c) For Walter's liquor business
(d) For Travis' future education
2. How old is Travis?
(a) 10 years old
(b) 7 years old
(c) 11 years old
(d) 12 years old
3. Mrs. Johnson's personality can be described as:
4. What does Beneatha scornfully call Joseph?
(a) A martyr
(b) A madman
(c) A hypocrite
(d) A dreamer
5. What opinion does the Welcoming Committee hold?
(a) The new neighbors are nice
(b) Negroes should live elsewhere
(c) Neighbors should visit often
(d) The Youngers need a garage
6. Mr. Arnold threatens to:
(a) Fire Walter
(b) Walk to the bus
(c) Drive himself
(d) Take the train
7. Beneatha says her people have to overcome:
(a) The Klu Klux Klan
(b) Racist neighborhoods
(c) Neighborhood gossips
(d) Racist newspaper stories
8. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
(a) Further an interest
(b) Get a degree
(c) Explore science
(d) Enjoy poetry
9. How much did Mama spend on the house?
10. What does Mama compare Big Walter to?
(a) A willing slave
(b) A faithful dog
(c) An old horse
(d) A machine
11. Beneatha thinks Mama looks like:
(a) Aunt Jemima
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt
(c) Scarlet O'Hara
(d) Judy Garland
12. What does Walter mean by "the Man?"
(a) Rich African-Americans
(b) People with money and power
(c) Poor African-Americans
(d) All members of mankind
13. Beneatha tells Mama that George is:
(a) A fool
(b) A dandy
(c) A catch
(d) A friend
14. Walter Lee dreams of driving what kind of car?
(a) A black Chrysler
(b) A silver sports car
(c) A two-tone sedan
(d) A white Cadillac
15. Who are Mr. And Mrs. Arnold?
(a) Mrs. Johnson's friends
(b) Mama's neighbors
(c) Walter Lee's employers
(d) Ruth's pharmacists
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Agasai make to Beneatha?
2. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
3. Who knocks on the door?
4. Who does Walter Lee want Beneatha to marry?
5. While Beneatha listens to Mr. Lindner, she:
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)