|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beneatha's nickname?
2. What does Ruth tell Travis to do when Karl Lindner arrives?
(a) Do his homework
(b) Go downstairs
(c) Turn the radio off
(d) Bring some water
3. What does Walter mean by "the Man?"
(a) Poor African-Americans
(b) People with money and power
(c) Rich African-Americans
(d) All members of mankind
4. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
(a) Further an interest
(b) Get a degree
(c) Enjoy poetry
(d) Explore science
5. How does Mr. Lindner describe the people in Clybourne Park?
(a) Family oriented
(b) Mostly retired
(d) Rich and fancy
6. Bobo waited for Willie how long?
(a) All night
(b) All day
(c) Two hours
(d) Six hours
7. Mr. Arnold had to take a taxi because:
(a) It's cheaper than a limo
(b) His chauffeur didn't show up
(c) His wife wanted to go out
(d) He had an appointment
8. What objection does Mama raise to Beneatha getting married?
(a) She's too poor
(b) She's too young
(c) She's not in love
(d) She's still in school
9. How old is Travis?
(a) 7 years old
(b) 12 years old
(c) 11 years old
(d) 10 years old
10. Walter Lee is so happy that he:
(a) Blows a horn
(b) Snaps his fingers
(c) Jumps on the table
(d) Dances with Ruth
11. Why does Walter Lee thank Willie Harris?
(a) Because Willie showed him how to cheat others
(b) Because Willie is going to help him start a business
(c) Because Willie taught him to focus on what counts
(d) Because Willie helped him take stock of his life
12. Mrs. Johnson's personality can be described as:
13. Mama warns the movers to be careful with what object?
(a) A table
(b) The radio
(c) A chair
(d) A vase
14. What does Travis give to Mama?
(a) A big hat
(b) A flowerpot
(c) A pie pan
(d) A plastic pony
15. What did people say about Mama when she was a child?
(a) That she was old for her age
(b) That she aimed too high in life
(c) That she never paid attention
(d) That she was selfish and spoiled
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Lee tell Mr. Lindner to do?
2. What does the Welcoming Committee offer to do?
3. Mrs. Johnson reads a newspaper headline about:
4. Mr. Lindner thinks people should:
5. Who does Walter Lee want Beneatha to marry?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)