|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama tells Walter Lee that she wants him to be:
(a) A loving husband
(b) Head of the family
(c) A good father to Travis
(d) Like his Dad, Big Walter
2. Mrs. Johnson asks Mama if Beneatha:
(a) Is getting engaged
(b) Is still going to college
(c) Is still acting uppity
(d) Is still dating George
3. What is the last thing Mama takes from the apartment?
(a) Her plant
(b) Her keys
(c) Her purse
(d) Her coat
4. Why is Beneatha unhappy?
(a) Because she'll never become a doctor
(b) Because she'll never visit Nigeria
(c) Because they can't move into the new house
(d) Because the insurance money is gone
5. What does Travis announce when he comes in?
(a) That Willie Harris is back
(b) That Karl Lindner is at the door
(c) That he needs another dollar
(d) That the movers have arrived
6. What is Beneatha's nickname?
7. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
(a) A toothless rat
(b) A spineless worm
(c) An illiterate bum
(d) A no account man
8. Who does Walter Lee want Beneatha to marry?
(a) Karl Lindner
(b) Joseph Asagai
(c) George Murchison
(d) Willie Harris
9. According to Joseph Asagai, what is exceptional in his village?
(a) To think about more than surviving
(b) To take an interest in politics
(c) To earn more money than you spend
(d) To read a newspaper or book
10. What does Walter Lee tell Mr. Lindner to do?
(a) Call his realtor
(b) Leave his card
(c) Call a cab
(d) Get out
11. What is the bad news?
(a) Willie had an accident
(b) Willie didn't meet Bobo
(c) Bobo and Willie argued
(d) Willie was late meeting Bobo
12. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
(a) A guitar case
(b) A case of soda
(c) A violin case
(d) A brief case
13. While Beneatha listens to Mr. Lindner, she:
(a) Taps her feet
(b) Chews gum
(d) Tosses fruit
14. How long has Beneatha wanted to be a doctor?
(a) Since she witnessed an accident as a child
(b) Since she got good grades in High School
(c) Since she had her tonsils taken out
(d) Since her father died in an accident
15. How much will the monthly payments be for the new house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama compare Big Walter to?
2. Where did Walter Lee put the money?
3. Ruth thinks Mr. Lindner looks:
4. Joseph Asaigai says that Beneatha is grateful to her brother because:
5. How much did Mama spend on the house?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)