|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Beneatha unhappy?
(a) Because the insurance money is gone
(b) Because they can't move into the new house
(c) Because she'll never become a doctor
(d) Because she'll never visit Nigeria
2. Where did Walter Lee put the money?
(a) In a deal with Willie
(b) In a mattress
(c) Into the bank
(d) In a checking account
3. What does Mama compare Big Walter to?
(a) An old horse
(b) A willing slave
(c) A faithful dog
(d) A machine
4. Who does Walter Lee want Beneatha to marry?
(a) Willie Harris
(b) Joseph Asagai
(c) George Murchison
(d) Karl Lindner
5. Who knocks on the door?
(a) Mr. Arnold
6. What does the Welcoming Committee offer to do?
(a) Sell the new house
(b) Buy the new house
(c) Rent the new house
(d) Paint the new house
7. What does Mr. Lindner represent?
(a) A real estate business
(b) A welcoming committee
(c) A recreational club
(d) A gardening group
8. What word is it that affects Walter Lee so strongly that he begins to pace and mutter?
9. What does Walter mean by "the Man?"
(a) People with money and power
(b) Poor African-Americans
(c) Rich African-Americans
(d) All members of mankind
10. Walter Lee dreams of driving what kind of car?
(a) A silver sports car
(b) A black Chrysler
(c) A white Cadillac
(d) A two-tone sedan
11. What does Mama say they'll be if Walter Lee takes Karl Lindner's money?
(a) Poor as church mice
(b) Just like thieves
(c) Dead inside
(d) Cheaters and liars
12. Beneatha walks by dressed in:
(a) A bathrobe
(b) Blue jeans
(c) A silk slip
13. What was the name of boy in Beneatha's story?
14. What does Beneatha scornfully call Joseph?
(a) A dreamer
(b) A hypocrite
(c) A martyr
(d) A madman
15. Travis wants to be:
(a) A bus driver
(b) A baseball player
(c) A fireman
(d) A traffic cop
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Arnold had to take a taxi because:
2. Mr. Lindner thinks people should:
3. Walter Lee went to the Green Hat to:
4. Walter Lee can't understand why:
5. Who are Mr. And Mrs. Arnold?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)