|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneatha scornfully call Joseph?
(a) A hypocrite
(b) A dreamer
(c) A martyr
(d) A madman
2. Mr. Arnold threatens to:
(a) Fire Walter
(b) Walk to the bus
(c) Take the train
(d) Drive himself
3. Mrs. Johnson's personality can be described as:
4. Mrs. Johnson thinks Walter is:
(a) Good looking
(b) A good dancer
(c) A good driver
(d) A good provider
5. How does Mr. Lindner describe the people in Clybourne Park?
(a) Family oriented
(c) Rich and fancy
(d) Mostly retired
6. Mrs. Johnson reads a newspaper headline about:
(a) A riot in downtown Chicago
(b) A neighborhood gang shooting
(c) An accident on the highway
(d) A bombing at Clybourne Park
7. What was the name of boy in Beneatha's story?
8. Who are Mr. And Mrs. Arnold?
(a) Walter Lee's employers
(b) Mama's neighbors
(c) Mrs. Johnson's friends
(d) Ruth's pharmacists
9. What advice does Asagai give to Beneatha?
(a) Don't put all your eggs in one basket
(b) Never be afraid to sit awhile and think
(c) Never let people see you crying
(d) Don't be afraid to try something new
10. Walter Lee is so happy that he:
(a) Blows a horn
(b) Snaps his fingers
(c) Dances with Ruth
(d) Jumps on the table
11. What has Ruth bought for the new house?
(c) Welcome mat
(d) Flower pots
12. What did people say about Mama when she was a child?
(a) That she never paid attention
(b) That she aimed too high in life
(c) That she was selfish and spoiled
(d) That she was old for her age
13. Why is Beneatha unhappy?
(a) Because the insurance money is gone
(b) Because she'll never become a doctor
(c) Because she'll never visit Nigeria
(d) Because they can't move into the new house
14. Mama begs for strength from:
(a) Her husband
(b) Her mother
(c) Her family
(d) Her God
15. Beneatha thinks Mama looks like:
(a) Aunt Jemima
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt
(c) Scarlet O'Hara
(d) Judy Garland
Short Answer Questions
1. While Beneatha listens to Mr. Lindner, she:
2. Walter Lee explains he drove out to look at:
3. What is Walter Lee looking for when he searches the apartment?
4. Which character enters in a happy, excited mood?
5. Beneatha says she wants to:
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)