|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
(a) Get a degree
(b) Enjoy poetry
(c) Further an interest
(d) Explore science
2. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
(a) A case of soda
(b) A guitar case
(c) A brief case
(d) A violin case
3. How much will the monthly payments be for the new house?
4. What does Walter Lee sing about?
5. Mrs. Johnson reads a newspaper headline about:
(a) An accident on the highway
(b) A riot in downtown Chicago
(c) A neighborhood gang shooting
(d) A bombing at Clybourne Park
6. What does Ruth tell Travis to do when Karl Lindner arrives?
(a) Go downstairs
(b) Turn the radio off
(c) Do his homework
(d) Bring some water
7. Mama opens a gift. What is it?
(a) Garden tools
(b) A tea kettle
(d) Kitchen towels
8. Where did Ruth go with Walter Lee?
(a) A restaurant
(b) The park
(c) The movies
(d) A drive-in
9. Beneatha says she wants to:
(a) Meet his family
(b) Pour him a drink
(c) Make weekend plans
(d) Continue their talk
10. What does Mama ask Beneatha and Ruth to do?
(a) Tell the landlord that they'll be staying on
(b) Use the newspapers to pack up the china
(c) Spray the rooms one more time for cockroaches
(d) Call the moving company to cancel their service
11. What does Ruth give Mrs. Johnson?
(a) Soda and crackers
(b) Tea and cookies
(c) Milk and pie
(d) Coffee and cake
12. Mama comes home from work and complains about:
(a) Ruth's dress
(b) The weather
(c) Her boss
(d) The steps
13. What does Mr. Lindner represent?
(a) A welcoming committee
(b) A gardening group
(c) A recreational club
(d) A real estate business
14. What is Beneatha's nickname?
15. Which generation of American Youngers does Travis represent?
(a) The fifth
(b) The sixth
(c) The third
(d) The fourth
Short Answer Questions
1. Bobo waited for Willie how long?
2. Mama advises Beneatha:
3. Beneatha thanks Mama for:
4. What is Walter Lee looking for when he searches the apartment?
5. Why does Walter Lee thank Willie Harris?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)