|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama advises Beneatha:
(a) Be picky with men
(b) Don't waste your time
(c) Men are a dime a dozen
(d) You're not getting younger
2. What does Mama say when Karl Lindner appeals to her?
(a) That she is determined to move
(b) She agrees to take his money
(c) That her son has made the decision
(d) She asks him for more money
3. What has Ruth bought for the new house?
(a) Welcome mat
(b) Flower pots
4. What does Travis announce when he comes in?
(a) That Willie Harris is back
(b) That the movers have arrived
(c) That he needs another dollar
(d) That Karl Lindner is at the door
5. Mr. Lindner thinks people should:
(a) Write things down
(b) Talk things over
(c) Make telephone calls
(d) Read the newspaper
6. What time are the moving men due?
(a) Five o'clock
(b) Ten past noon
(c) Four o'clock
(d) One o'clock
7. Mrs. Johnson's personality can be described as:
8. What advice does Asagai give to Beneatha?
(a) Never let people see you crying
(b) Never be afraid to sit awhile and think
(c) Don't put all your eggs in one basket
(d) Don't be afraid to try something new
9. Travis wants to be:
(a) A baseball player
(b) A bus driver
(c) A traffic cop
(d) A fireman
10. Beneatha thinks Mama looks like:
(a) Judy Garland
(b) Scarlet O'Hara
(c) Aunt Jemima
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
11. What does Ruth tell Travis to do when Karl Lindner arrives?
(a) Do his homework
(b) Turn the radio off
(c) Bring some water
(d) Go downstairs
12. Where does Mrs. Johnson pat Ruth?
(a) On her cheek
(b) On her stomach
(c) On her hand
(d) On her hair
13. Walter Lee explains he drove out to look at:
(a) The racetrack
(b) His home town
(c) The waterfront
(d) Steel mills
14. What does Mama ask Beneatha and Ruth to do?
(a) Spray the rooms one more time for cockroaches
(b) Tell the landlord that they'll be staying on
(c) Call the moving company to cancel their service
(d) Use the newspapers to pack up the china
15. What does Mama compare Big Walter to?
(a) A faithful dog
(b) A willing slave
(c) An old horse
(d) A machine
Short Answer Questions
1. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
2. Who knocks on the door?
3. How does Mr. Lindner describe the people in Clybourne Park?
4. Why is Beneatha unhappy?
5. What does Mr. Lindner represent?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)