|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which generation of American Youngers does Travis represent?
(a) The third
(b) The fourth
(c) The sixth
(d) The fifth
2. Mr. Lindner thinks people should:
(a) Read the newspaper
(b) Make telephone calls
(c) Talk things over
(d) Write things down
3. Walter Lee went to the Green Hat to:
(a) Listen to music
(b) To play pool
(c) To smoke cigars
(d) To talk sports
4. Why is Beneatha unhappy?
(a) Because they can't move into the new house
(b) Because she'll never visit Nigeria
(c) Because the insurance money is gone
(d) Because she'll never become a doctor
5. Where does Mrs. Johnson pat Ruth?
(a) On her stomach
(b) On her hair
(c) On her hand
(d) On her cheek
6. What does Ruth tell Travis to do when Karl Lindner arrives?
(a) Bring some water
(b) Do his homework
(c) Go downstairs
(d) Turn the radio off
7. Mama warns the movers to be careful with what object?
(a) A chair
(b) The radio
(c) A vase
(d) A table
8. Mrs. Johnson comes in. Who is she?
(a) A nosy neighbor
(b) A distant relative
(c) Ruth's best friend
(d) Mama's cousin
9. Walter Lee grabs Bobo and:
(a) Pulls his ears
(b) Knocks him down
(c) Shakes him
(d) Slaps him
10. Joseph Asaigai says that Beneatha is grateful to her brother because:
(a) His failure allows her to give up on the human race
(b) He makes her look good by ruining things for the family
(c) Now she can stay in the neighborhood she grew up in
(d) She'll be able to leave her family with worrying about them
11. What does Beneatha scornfully call Joseph?
(a) A hypocrite
(b) A martyr
(c) A dreamer
(d) A madman
12. What is different about the apartment?
(a) Packing boxes fill the room
(b) The rugs are rolled up
(c) Suitcases are being filled
(d) Furniture is rearranged
13. Bobo waited for Willie how long?
(a) All night
(b) All day
(c) Two hours
(d) Six hours
14. Beneatha thinks Mama looks like:
(a) Aunt Jemima
(b) Judy Garland
(c) Scarlet O'Hara
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
15. What is Beneatha's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Arnold threatens to:
2. What word is it that affects Walter Lee so strongly that he begins to pace and mutter?
3. Ruth thinks Mr. Lindner looks:
4. What does Ruth give Mrs. Johnson?
5. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)