|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bad news?
(a) Bobo and Willie argued
(b) Willie was late meeting Bobo
(c) Willie had an accident
(d) Willie didn't meet Bobo
2. What is the last thing Mama takes from the apartment?
(a) Her keys
(b) Her coat
(c) Her plant
(d) Her purse
3. What opinion does the Welcoming Committee hold?
(a) Neighbors should visit often
(b) The new neighbors are nice
(c) The Youngers need a garage
(d) Negroes should live elsewhere
4. What time are the moving men due?
(a) One o'clock
(b) Four o'clock
(c) Five o'clock
(d) Ten past noon
5. What is the first thing Ruth will do in the new house?
(a) Take a hot bath
(b) Arrange flowers
(c) Open the windows
(d) Make hot tea
6. Beneatha walks by dressed in:
(a) Blue jeans
(b) A bathrobe
(d) A silk slip
7. What does Travis announce when he comes in?
(a) That Willie Harris is back
(b) That Karl Lindner is at the door
(c) That he needs another dollar
(d) That the movers have arrived
8. Who knocks on the door?
(d) Mr. Arnold
9. While Beneatha listens to Mr. Lindner, she:
(a) Chews gum
(c) Tosses fruit
(d) Taps her feet
10. What does Mama say they'll be if Walter Lee takes Karl Lindner's money?
(a) Poor as church mice
(b) Just like thieves
(c) Cheaters and liars
(d) Dead inside
11. According to Joseph Asagai, what is exceptional in his village?
(a) To think about more than surviving
(b) To earn more money than you spend
(c) To take an interest in politics
(d) To read a newspaper or book
12. Where does Mrs. Johnson pat Ruth?
(a) On her stomach
(b) On her cheek
(c) On her hair
(d) On her hand
13. What will Mama take to the new house?
(a) A new set of china
(b) Her spindly plant
(c) An antique pitcher
(d) The family album
14. Walter Lee is so happy that he:
(a) Snaps his fingers
(b) Blows a horn
(c) Jumps on the table
(d) Dances with Ruth
15. What is different about the apartment?
(a) Packing boxes fill the room
(b) The rugs are rolled up
(c) Furniture is rearranged
(d) Suitcases are being filled
Short Answer Questions
1. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
2. Why does Walter Lee thank Willie Harris?
3. What does the Welcoming Committee offer to do?
4. What does Mr. Lindner bring the Youngers?
5. What advice does Asagai give to Beneatha?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)