|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Johnson's personality can be described as:
2. What does the Welcoming Committee offer to do?
(a) Sell the new house
(b) Rent the new house
(c) Buy the new house
(d) Paint the new house
3. What does Walter Lee sing about?
4. Mama tells Walter Lee that she wants him to be:
(a) Like his Dad, Big Walter
(b) Head of the family
(c) A loving husband
(d) A good father to Travis
5. Why is Beneatha unhappy?
(a) Because the insurance money is gone
(b) Because they can't move into the new house
(c) Because she'll never visit Nigeria
(d) Because she'll never become a doctor
6. Joseph Asaigai says that Beneatha is grateful to her brother because:
(a) Now she can stay in the neighborhood she grew up in
(b) She'll be able to leave her family with worrying about them
(c) He makes her look good by ruining things for the family
(d) His failure allows her to give up on the human race
7. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
(a) Enjoy poetry
(b) Get a degree
(c) Explore science
(d) Further an interest
8. What has Ruth bought for the new house?
(a) Welcome mat
(b) Flower pots
9. Mama warns the movers to be careful with what object?
(a) A chair
(b) A table
(c) A vase
(d) The radio
10. Walter Lee dreams of driving what kind of car?
(a) A black Chrysler
(b) A silver sports car
(c) A two-tone sedan
(d) A white Cadillac
11. What advice does Asagai give to Beneatha?
(a) Don't put all your eggs in one basket
(b) Never be afraid to sit awhile and think
(c) Never let people see you crying
(d) Don't be afraid to try something new
12. Beneatha thinks Mama looks like:
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt
(b) Judy Garland
(c) Scarlet O'Hara
(d) Aunt Jemima
13. Mama advises Beneatha:
(a) Don't waste your time
(b) Be picky with men
(c) You're not getting younger
(d) Men are a dime a dozen
14. While Beneatha listens to Mr. Lindner, she:
(b) Tosses fruit
(c) Chews gum
(d) Taps her feet
15. Bobo waited for Willie how long?
(a) All day
(b) Six hours
(c) Two hours
(d) All night
Short Answer Questions
1. Walter Lee can't understand why:
2. What is the last thing Mama takes from the apartment?
3. What was the name of boy in Beneatha's story?
4. What does Mama ask Beneatha and Ruth to do?
5. Who knocks on the door?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)