|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama tells Walter Lee that she wants him to be:
(a) A loving husband
(b) A good father to Travis
(c) Like his Dad, Big Walter
(d) Head of the family
2. Why does Walter Lee thank Willie Harris?
(a) Because Willie helped him take stock of his life
(b) Because Willie taught him to focus on what counts
(c) Because Willie is going to help him start a business
(d) Because Willie showed him how to cheat others
3. Walter Lee has been missing from work for:
(a) Three days
(b) Three nights
(c) Three hours
(d) Three weeks
4. What does Walter Lee sing about?
5. Beneatha thinks Mama looks like:
(a) Judy Garland
(b) Aunt Jemima
(c) Scarlet O'Hara
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
6. What offer does Agasai make to Beneatha?
(a) To take her to Nigeria
(b) To pay for her schooling
(c) To take her to the movies
(d) To take her to Canada
7. Beneatha says she wants to:
(a) Meet his family
(b) Continue their talk
(c) Pour him a drink
(d) Make weekend plans
8. What is the last thing Mama takes from the apartment?
(a) Her plant
(b) Her keys
(c) Her purse
(d) Her coat
9. Mr. Lindner thinks people should:
(a) Read the newspaper
(b) Talk things over
(c) Make telephone calls
(d) Write things down
10. How much will the monthly payments be for the new house?
11. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
(a) A spineless worm
(b) A toothless rat
(c) An illiterate bum
(d) A no account man
12. Mama begs for strength from:
(a) Her God
(b) Her mother
(c) Her husband
(d) Her family
13. What does Mama say they'll be if Walter Lee takes Karl Lindner's money?
(a) Cheaters and liars
(b) Poor as church mice
(c) Dead inside
(d) Just like thieves
14. Why is Beneatha unhappy?
(a) Because the insurance money is gone
(b) Because she'll never become a doctor
(c) Because she'll never visit Nigeria
(d) Because they can't move into the new house
15. What is different about the apartment?
(a) Suitcases are being filled
(b) The rugs are rolled up
(c) Packing boxes fill the room
(d) Furniture is rearranged
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Johnson pat Ruth?
2. Bobo waited for Willie how long?
3. How old is Travis?
4. Walter Lee explains he drove out to look at:
5. Where did Ruth go with Walter Lee?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)