|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Ruth will do in the new house?
(a) Arrange flowers
(b) Make hot tea
(c) Take a hot bath
(d) Open the windows
2. Mama begs for strength from:
(a) Her family
(b) Her husband
(c) Her God
(d) Her mother
3. Mrs. Johnson asks Mama if Beneatha:
(a) Is getting engaged
(b) Is still dating George
(c) Is still going to college
(d) Is still acting uppity
4. According to Joseph Asagai, what is exceptional in his village?
(a) To think about more than surviving
(b) To take an interest in politics
(c) To read a newspaper or book
(d) To earn more money than you spend
5. How long has Beneatha wanted to be a doctor?
(a) Since she had her tonsils taken out
(b) Since she got good grades in High School
(c) Since her father died in an accident
(d) Since she witnessed an accident as a child
6. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
(a) A spineless worm
(b) A toothless rat
(c) An illiterate bum
(d) A no account man
7. What, according to Mama, happened to Walter Lee in this scene?
(a) He lost his head in a crisis
(b) He saved the family from disaster
(c) He came into his manhood
(d) He learned an important lesson
8. Walter Lee can't understand why:
(a) Bobo missed the station
(b) Willie and Bobo had a fight
(c) Willie didn't leave a map
(d) Willie can't keep a date
9. Where does Mrs. Johnson pat Ruth?
(a) On her stomach
(b) On her cheek
(c) On her hair
(d) On her hand
10. What is different about the apartment?
(a) Suitcases are being filled
(b) The rugs are rolled up
(c) Furniture is rearranged
(d) Packing boxes fill the room
11. Mrs. Johnson reads a newspaper headline about:
(a) An accident on the highway
(b) A bombing at Clybourne Park
(c) A riot in downtown Chicago
(d) A neighborhood gang shooting
12. Mr. Lindner thinks people should:
(a) Make telephone calls
(b) Write things down
(c) Read the newspaper
(d) Talk things over
13. What is the last thing Mama takes from the apartment?
(a) Her keys
(b) Her purse
(c) Her coat
(d) Her plant
14. How old is Travis?
(a) 7 years old
(b) 12 years old
(c) 10 years old
(d) 11 years old
15. What did people say about Mama when she was a child?
(a) That she was selfish and spoiled
(b) That she never paid attention
(c) That she aimed too high in life
(d) That she was old for her age
Short Answer Questions
1. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
2. Walter Lee grabs Bobo and:
3. Mr. Arnold had to take a taxi because:
4. What is Walter Lee looking for when he searches the apartment?
5. What was Mama's maiden name?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)