|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
(a) An illiterate bum
(b) A toothless rat
(c) A no account man
(d) A spineless worm
2. Mrs. Johnson thinks Walter is:
(a) A good driver
(b) A good provider
(c) Good looking
(d) A good dancer
3. Beneatha says her people have to overcome:
(a) Neighborhood gossips
(b) Racist neighborhoods
(c) The Klu Klux Klan
(d) Racist newspaper stories
4. What time are the moving men due?
(a) Ten past noon
(b) Five o'clock
(c) One o'clock
(d) Four o'clock
5. Where did Walter Lee put the money?
(a) In a deal with Willie
(b) In a checking account
(c) Into the bank
(d) In a mattress
6. What has Ruth bought for the new house?
(a) Welcome mat
(b) Flower pots
7. What is Beneatha's nickname?
8. What offer does Agasai make to Beneatha?
(a) To take her to Nigeria
(b) To take her to Canada
(c) To take her to the movies
(d) To pay for her schooling
9. What is different about the apartment?
(a) Suitcases are being filled
(b) Packing boxes fill the room
(c) The rugs are rolled up
(d) Furniture is rearranged
10. Mr. Arnold threatens to:
(a) Drive himself
(b) Take the train
(c) Walk to the bus
(d) Fire Walter
11. Why does Walter Lee thank Willie Harris?
(a) Because Willie helped him take stock of his life
(b) Because Willie showed him how to cheat others
(c) Because Willie is going to help him start a business
(d) Because Willie taught him to focus on what counts
12. What does Walter mean by "the Man?"
(a) Poor African-Americans
(b) People with money and power
(c) Rich African-Americans
(d) All members of mankind
13. Mama comes home from work and complains about:
(a) Ruth's dress
(b) The weather
(c) The steps
(d) Her boss
14. Mrs. Johnson's personality can be described as:
15. What opinion does the Welcoming Committee hold?
(a) Negroes should live elsewhere
(b) The Youngers need a garage
(c) Neighbors should visit often
(d) The new neighbors are nice
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mama want to put $3000 put in the bank?
2. Where does Mrs. Johnson pat Ruth?
3. Ruth thinks Mr. Lindner looks:
4. What did people say about Mama when she was a child?
5. What does Mama ask Beneatha and Ruth to do?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)