|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneatha scornfully call Joseph?
(a) A martyr
(b) A madman
(c) A hypocrite
(d) A dreamer
2. Why does Mama want to put $3000 put in the bank?
(a) For Ruth's hospital expenses
(b) For Beneatha's school tuition
(c) For Walter's liquor business
(d) For Travis' future education
3. Mrs. Johnson reads a newspaper headline about:
(a) A neighborhood gang shooting
(b) A bombing at Clybourne Park
(c) A riot in downtown Chicago
(d) An accident on the highway
4. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
(a) A toothless rat
(b) A no account man
(c) An illiterate bum
(d) A spineless worm
5. What does Mr. Lindner bring the Youngers?
(a) An offer to buy their house
(b) A no-pet petition
(c) An invitation to a club
(d) A welcome brochure
6. Beneatha says she wants to:
(a) Make weekend plans
(b) Meet his family
(c) Continue their talk
(d) Pour him a drink
7. Bobo waited for Willie how long?
(a) All day
(b) Six hours
(c) All night
(d) Two hours
8. Beneatha walks by dressed in:
(a) Blue jeans
(b) A silk slip
(d) A bathrobe
9. Who are Mr. And Mrs. Arnold?
(a) Ruth's pharmacists
(b) Walter Lee's employers
(c) Mama's neighbors
(d) Mrs. Johnson's friends
10. What does Mama ask Beneatha and Ruth to do?
(a) Call the moving company to cancel their service
(b) Use the newspapers to pack up the china
(c) Tell the landlord that they'll be staying on
(d) Spray the rooms one more time for cockroaches
11. What is different about the apartment?
(a) Packing boxes fill the room
(b) Furniture is rearranged
(c) The rugs are rolled up
(d) Suitcases are being filled
12. Walter Lee grabs Bobo and:
(a) Pulls his ears
(b) Slaps him
(c) Shakes him
(d) Knocks him down
13. Mama begs for strength from:
(a) Her family
(b) Her mother
(c) Her God
(d) Her husband
14. What, according to Mama, happened to Walter Lee in this scene?
(a) He learned an important lesson
(b) He came into his manhood
(c) He lost his head in a crisis
(d) He saved the family from disaster
15. According to Joseph Asagai, what is exceptional in his village?
(a) To take an interest in politics
(b) To earn more money than you spend
(c) To read a newspaper or book
(d) To think about more than surviving
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Beneatha wanted to be a doctor?
2. Where does Mrs. Johnson pat Ruth?
3. What does Travis announce when he comes in?
4. Walter Lee has been missing from work for:
5. How much did Mama spend on the house?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)