|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Beneatha wanted to be a doctor?
(a) Since she witnessed an accident as a child
(b) Since she got good grades in High School
(c) Since she had her tonsils taken out
(d) Since her father died in an accident
2. Mama comes home from work and complains about:
(a) Her boss
(b) Ruth's dress
(c) The steps
(d) The weather
3. Why does Walter Lee thank Willie Harris?
(a) Because Willie taught him to focus on what counts
(b) Because Willie showed him how to cheat others
(c) Because Willie is going to help him start a business
(d) Because Willie helped him take stock of his life
4. What did people say about Mama when she was a child?
(a) That she never paid attention
(b) That she aimed too high in life
(c) That she was selfish and spoiled
(d) That she was old for her age
5. What does Beneatha call Walter Lee?
(a) An illiterate bum
(b) A no account man
(c) A spineless worm
(d) A toothless rat
6. George thinks a person should read books in order to:
(a) Get a degree
(b) Enjoy poetry
(c) Further an interest
(d) Explore science
7. What was Mama's maiden name?
(a) Lena Anderson
(b) Lena Younger
(c) Lena Eggleston
(d) Lena Horne
8. Where does Mrs. Johnson pat Ruth?
(a) On her cheek
(b) On her hair
(c) On her hand
(d) On her stomach
9. What time are the moving men due?
(a) Ten past noon
(b) Five o'clock
(c) One o'clock
(d) Four o'clock
10. Mr. Lindner thinks people should:
(a) Make telephone calls
(b) Write things down
(c) Read the newspaper
(d) Talk things over
11. What objection does Mama raise to Beneatha getting married?
(a) She's still in school
(b) She's not in love
(c) She's too poor
(d) She's too young
12. Which generation of American Youngers does Travis represent?
(a) The fourth
(b) The sixth
(c) The fifth
(d) The third
13. Mrs. Johnson thinks Walter is:
(a) A good dancer
(b) A good provider
(c) A good driver
(d) Good looking
14. Travis wants to be:
(a) A fireman
(b) A baseball player
(c) A bus driver
(d) A traffic cop
15. What does Mama compare Big Walter to?
(a) A faithful dog
(b) A machine
(c) An old horse
(d) A willing slave
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Lee sing about?
2. Who knocks on the door?
3. Beneatha tells Mama that George is:
4. What does Mr. Lindner represent?
5. What does Mr. Lindner bring the Youngers?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)