|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
(a) Nosey neighbors
(b) Ironing boards
(c) Walls and roaches
(d) Dirty laundry
2. Mama tells Travis that she has:
(a) Bought a house
(b) Bought USA bonds
(c) Bought vacation tickets
(d) Bought a business
3. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
(b) That she has cut it in too many layers
(c) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(d) That she combs into a million braids
4. Where did Mama go?
(a) To buy groceries
(b) To tend to business
(c) To Travis' school
(d) To visit the neighbor
5. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
6. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
(a) That he's getting a new job
(b) That he has a degree in public speaking
(c) That he's been to New York City
(d) That he bought a new cadillac
7. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
(a) She agree with Beneatha
(b) She leaves the room
(c) She slaps Beneatha
(d) She begins to pray
8. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
(a) Paying bills
(b) Cleaning the house
(c) Washing dishes
(d) Baking bread
9. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
(a) That he's getting too greedy
(b) That Ruth might leave him
(c) That he's going to lose his job
(d) That his work is too dangerous
10. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Five dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Twenty-five dollars
(d) Ten dollars
11. What term does Walter Lee use to refer to George's shoes?
(a) Patent leather
(b) Made in Italy
(c) White bucks
(d) Saddle shoes
12. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
(b) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(c) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
(d) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
13. Ruth changes her mind about
(a) Arguing with Walter Lee
(b) Doing the dishes
(c) Whipping Travis
(d) Going to the store
14. Mama ignores:
(b) Walter Lee
(d) Her neighbor
15. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
2. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
3. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
4. Under the influence of alcohol, Walter Lee dramatically ridicules what?
5. What does Travis do on his way out?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)