|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis ask Mama?
(a) Where his clean socks are
(b) What smells so nasty
(c) If he can spray the roaches
(d) Permission to go outside
2. Which character starts the play on stage?
(b) Walter Lee
3. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
4. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To get a ticket to Nigeria
(b) To get herself a good job
(c) To buy herself some books
(d) To become a Queen of the Nile
5. What does Travis ask his mother for?
(a) Fifty cents
(b) More eggs
(c) A pop gun
(d) A comic book
6. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
7. Who makes the first entrance?
8. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
(a) She agree with Beneatha
(b) She begins to pray
(c) She slaps Beneatha
(d) She leaves the room
9. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
(a) He sees his own dreams shattered
(b) He wants to buy a new limousine
(c) He wants to stay in the apartment
(d) He wants to move to New York
10. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To leave Chicago
(b) To go on the stage
(c) To marry a rich man
(d) To become a doctor
11. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(b) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(c) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(d) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
12. According to Walter Lee, money is:
13. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
(a) Cleaning the house
(b) Baking bread
(c) Washing dishes
(d) Paying bills
14. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Twenty-five dollars
(b) Ten dollars
(c) Five dollars
(d) Fifty dollars
15. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
(a) He died in a factory accident
(b) He committed suicide
(c) He worked himself to death
(d) He was hit by a bus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
2. What term does Walter Lee use to refer to George's shoes?
3. The house has how many bedrooms?
4. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
5. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)