|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walter Lee has been out talking to:
(b) The bartender
(c) Willie Harris
(d) George Murchison
2. Who is acting as head of the Younger family?
(b) Walter Lee
3. George doesn't care for:
(b) Soda Pop
4. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
(a) He wants to yell at Beneatha
(b) He forgot to kiss Ruth goodbye
(c) He needs carfare from Ruth
(d) It's raining and he needs an umbrella
5. Beneatha turns off the radio which was playing:
6. Where did Mama go?
(a) To buy groceries
(b) To Travis' school
(c) To visit the neighbor
(d) To tend to business
7. What does Mama call the apartment?
(a) Our little home
(b) A rat trap
(c) A fire hazard
(d) A cozy place
8. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
(a) She slaps Beneatha
(b) She begins to pray
(c) She leaves the room
(d) She agree with Beneatha
9. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
(a) Using flyswatters to hit them
(b) Getting a cat to chase them away
(c) Drowning them with the dishwater
(d) Setting fire to the building
10. What is revealed when Beneatha takes off her headdress?
(a) A bleached color
(b) Two long braids
(c) Many corn rows
(d) A short, natural haircut
11. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Twenty-five dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Ten dollars
(d) Five dollars
12. She puts on a phonograph record of:
(a) Nigerian folk music
(b) African drumming
(c) Madam Butterfly
(d) American folksongs
13. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To become a Queen of the Nile
(b) To get herself a good job
(c) To get a ticket to Nigeria
(d) To buy herself some books
14. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
(a) He committed suicide
(b) He worked himself to death
(c) He died in a factory accident
(d) He was hit by a bus
15. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(b) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(c) Early 1960s through early1970s
(d) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the letter they are expecting?
2. Where is the house that Mama bought?
3. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
4. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
5. Walter Lee and George argue about:
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)