|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
(a) A large cake
(b) A little puppy
(c) Records and robes
(d) Flowers and candy
2. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
(a) A cocktail dress
(b) A formal party gown
(c) A folk dancing skirt
(d) A Nigerian robe
3. George doesn't care for:
(b) Soda Pop
4. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) She works too hard
(b) That she's dying
(c) She needs his love
(d) That she's pregnant
5. According to Walter Lee, money is:
6. When will the family move?
(a) In ten days
(b) The first of the month
(c) Next week
(d) In two weeks
7. What is revealed when Beneatha takes off her headdress?
(a) A short, natural haircut
(b) Many corn rows
(c) Two long braids
(d) A bleached color
8. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
(a) Five years
(b) One year
(c) Two years
(d) Ten years
9. Walter Lee and George argue about:
(a) Beneatha's short haircut
(b) Their family vacations
(c) Their values and lifestyles
(d) Their choice of entertainment
10. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To marry a rich man
(b) To go on the stage
(c) To become a doctor
(d) To leave Chicago
11. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) Sings a hymn
(b) She faints
(c) Makes Travis's bed
12. Ruth changes her mind about
(a) Whipping Travis
(b) Doing the dishes
(c) Arguing with Walter Lee
(d) Going to the store
13. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
(a) Chasing a rat in the street
(b) Getting beat up by bullies
(c) Playing with a b.b. gun
(d) Stealing from the grocer
14. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
(b) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
(c) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(d) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
15. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
(a) Nosey neighbors
(b) Dirty laundry
(c) Walls and roaches
(d) Ironing boards
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth tells Walter Lee she is sorry about:
2. The house has how many bedrooms?
3. Where did Mama go?
4. Under the influence of alcohol, Walter Lee dramatically ridicules what?
5. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)