|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George doesn't care for:
(d) Soda Pop
2. Ruth is doing a domestic chore. What is it?
3. When will the family move?
(a) Next week
(b) In ten days
(c) The first of the month
(d) In two weeks
4. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
5. What does Walter Lee say when Ruth says she's considering an abortion?
(a) Let's talk about it
(b) It's a good idea
(c) You can't do that
(d) He says nothing
6. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
(a) To the post office
(b) To visit a neighbor
(c) To get her hair done
(d) To see the doctor
7. According to Walter Lee, money is:
8. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To get herself a good job
(b) To get a ticket to Nigeria
(c) To become a Queen of the Nile
(d) To buy herself some books
9. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
(a) Dirty laundry
(b) Nosey neighbors
(c) Ironing boards
(d) Walls and roaches
10. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
11. Which character starts the play on stage?
(c) Walter Lee
12. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
13. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
(a) That his work is too dangerous
(b) That he's going to lose his job
(c) That he's getting too greedy
(d) That Ruth might leave him
14. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
(a) Ten years
(b) Five years
(c) One year
(d) Two years
15. Walter Lee and Ruth speak privately about what serious issue?
(a) Their deteriorating relationship
(b) Walter Lee's need for milk or coffee
(c) Their son Travis' behavior
(d) Mama's decision to buy a house
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama ignores:
2. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
3. What is the time period of the play?
4. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
5. What is Beneatha's task?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)