|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
(a) He wants to yell at Beneatha
(b) It's raining and he needs an umbrella
(c) He forgot to kiss Ruth goodbye
(d) He needs carfare from Ruth
2. Ruth tells Walter Lee she is sorry about:
(a) Her nagging
(b) His drinking
(c) Mama's decision
(d) The new baby
3. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(b) She is afraid that the police would close it
(c) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(d) She doesn't think he would be a success
4. Who is acting as head of the Younger family?
(c) Walter Lee
5. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Five dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Twenty-five dollars
(d) Ten dollars
6. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
7. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Ask his grandmother for money
(b) Stop on the way to school for gum
(c) Turns up the radio so loudly
(d) Wear his baggy jeans to school
8. What term does Walter Lee use to refer to George's shoes?
(a) Patent leather
(b) Made in Italy
(c) Saddle shoes
(d) White bucks
9. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
(a) That he's getting a new job
(b) That he has a degree in public speaking
(c) That he bought a new cadillac
(d) That he's been to New York City
10. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(b) She faints
(c) Sings a hymn
(d) Makes Travis's bed
11. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
(b) Any way but scrambled
(c) Over easy
12. Which character starts the play on stage?
(a) Walter Lee
13. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Working too hard
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Thinking of suicide
(d) Seeing another woman
14. What does Travis ask his mother for?
(a) Fifty cents
(b) A pop gun
(c) More eggs
(d) A comic book
15. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To go on the stage
(b) To become a doctor
(c) To leave Chicago
(d) To marry a rich man
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period of the play?
2. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
3. Where did Mama go?
4. Mama ignores:
5. What does Walter Lee give Travis?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)