|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) Sings a hymn
(b) Makes Travis's bed
(d) She faints
2. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(b) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
(c) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(d) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
3. Walter Lee and Ruth speak privately about what serious issue?
(a) Walter Lee's need for milk or coffee
(b) Their son Travis' behavior
(c) Mama's decision to buy a house
(d) Their deteriorating relationship
4. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) She needs his love
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) She works too hard
(d) That she's dying
5. Where does Travis sleep?
(a) In the living room
(b) On the fire escape
(c) In a bedroom off the hall
(d) In the curtained alcove
6. What is Beneatha's task?
(a) Sweeping the floor
(b) Spraying cockroaches
(c) Washing down walls
(d) Scrubbing kitchen counters
7. The house has how many bedrooms?
(b) Two and a half
8. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
(a) Any way but scrambled
(c) Over easy
9. In Walter Lee's imaginary African dance, he gestures with a:
10. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Seeing another woman
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Working too hard
(d) Thinking of suicide
11. Mama's real name is:
12. Walter Lee and George argue about:
(a) Their family vacations
(b) Beneatha's short haircut
(c) Their choice of entertainment
(d) Their values and lifestyles
13. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To marry a rich man
(b) To leave Chicago
(c) To become a doctor
(d) To go on the stage
14. What does Travis ask his mother for?
(a) More eggs
(b) A pop gun
(c) A comic book
(d) Fifty cents
15. Ruth changes her mind about
(a) Whipping Travis
(b) Going to the store
(c) Arguing with Walter Lee
(d) Doing the dishes
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
2. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
3. Ruth tells Walter Lee she is sorry about:
4. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
5. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)