|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) Her inheritance
(b) Gifts from her friends
(c) Savings from her job
(d) The insurance money
2. What is Beneatha's task?
(a) Washing down walls
(b) Scrubbing kitchen counters
(c) Sweeping the floor
(d) Spraying cockroaches
3. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Open a liquor store with his friends
(b) Drink and have fun with his friends
(c) Buy a limosine and run a car service
(d) Go to college and become a doctor
4. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To marry a rich man
(b) To go on the stage
(c) To become a doctor
(d) To leave Chicago
5. She puts on a phonograph record of:
(a) African drumming
(b) American folksongs
(c) Madam Butterfly
(d) Nigerian folk music
6. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(b) Early 1960s through early1970s
(c) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(d) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
7. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
(a) A garbage strike
(b) A battle in France
(c) Another bomb test
(d) A recent murder
8. According to Walter Lee, money is:
9. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
(b) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(c) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(d) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
10. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
(a) To see the doctor
(b) To get her hair done
(c) To the post office
(d) To visit a neighbor
11. In Walter Lee's imaginary African dance, he gestures with a:
12. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she combs into a million braids
(b) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
(c) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(d) That she has cut it in too many layers
13. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) She faints
(b) Makes Travis's bed
(c) Sings a hymn
14. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She starts breakfast
(b) She reads the paper
(c) She makes herself pretty
(d) She wakes Travis up
15. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
(a) Save money by buying on sale
(b) Hurry up and leave for work
(c) Buy herself a new outfit
(d) Stay home from work to rest
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
2. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
3. Where will George take Beneatha on their date?Where will George take Beneatha on their date?
4. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
5. Mama tells Travis that she has:
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)