|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George doesn't care for:
(d) Soda Pop
2. Ruth tells Walter Lee she is sorry about:
(a) The new baby
(b) His drinking
(c) Mama's decision
(d) Her nagging
3. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
(a) That she's pregnant
(b) That she got a new job
(c) That she's feeling ill
(d) That she's been fired
4. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
(a) To visit a neighbor
(b) To see the doctor
(c) To the post office
(d) To get her hair done
5. She puts on a phonograph record of:
(a) African drumming
(b) American folksongs
(c) Madam Butterfly
(d) Nigerian folk music
6. What is Beneatha's task?
(a) Spraying cockroaches
(b) Scrubbing kitchen counters
(c) Washing down walls
(d) Sweeping the floor
7. Ruth is doing a domestic chore. What is it?
8. Beneatha turns off the radio which was playing:
9. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She starts breakfast
(b) She makes herself pretty
(c) She reads the paper
(d) She wakes Travis up
10. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
(a) Confectioner's Sugar
(b) Kitchen cleanser
(c) Cockroach spray
(d) Baking powder
11. Walter Lee has been out talking to:
(a) The bartender
(b) George Murchison
(c) Willie Harris
12. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
(a) Tries to persuade Mama to use the money for a car
(b) Asks Mama to tell how much of it he can use
(c) Asks Mama to give him half of the money immediately
(d) Starts telling Mama about his plan to buy a store
13. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
(a) That he's getting a new job
(b) That he's been to New York City
(c) That he has a degree in public speaking
(d) That he bought a new cadillac
14. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
(a) It was a large closet
(b) It was a storage area
(c) It was a breakfast alcove
(d) It was the dining room
15. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(b) The landlord
(c) His boss
(d) Willie Harris
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Lee say when Ruth says she's considering an abortion?
2. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
3. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
4. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
5. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)