|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama's real name is:
2. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To get a ticket to Nigeria
(b) To become a Queen of the Nile
(c) To buy herself some books
(d) To get herself a good job
3. What is revealed when Beneatha takes off her headdress?
(a) Two long braids
(b) Many corn rows
(c) A short, natural haircut
(d) A bleached color
4. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Turns up the radio so loudly
(b) Stop on the way to school for gum
(c) Ask his grandmother for money
(d) Wear his baggy jeans to school
5. What does Travis ask his mother for?
(a) More eggs
(b) Fifty cents
(c) A pop gun
(d) A comic book
6. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(b) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(c) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(d) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
7. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
8. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
9. What does Walter Lee say when Ruth says she's considering an abortion?
(a) It's a good idea
(b) He says nothing
(c) You can't do that
(d) Let's talk about it
10. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
(a) Uncle Toms
(b) Farm hands
(d) Upper class
11. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) Makes Travis's bed
(b) She faints
(d) Sings a hymn
12. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
(a) Kitchen cleanser
(b) The insurance check
(c) A warm winter coat
(d) A new gardening hat
13. Ruth tells Walter Lee she is sorry about:
(a) Mama's decision
(b) Her nagging
(c) The new baby
(d) His drinking
14. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(b) The landlord
(c) Willie Harris
(d) His boss
15. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
(a) That he's getting too greedy
(b) That his work is too dangerous
(c) That he's going to lose his job
(d) That Ruth might leave him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
2. Beneatha turns off the radio which was playing:
3. George doesn't care for:
4. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
5. The house has how many bedrooms?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)