Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
(a) Using flyswatters to hit them
(b) Drowning them with the dishwater
(c) Setting fire to the building
(d) Getting a cat to chase them away
2. Who makes the first entrance?
3. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
(a) He wants to move to New York
(b) He sees his own dreams shattered
(c) He wants to stay in the apartment
(d) He wants to buy a new limousine
4. What does Mama call the apartment?
(a) Our little home
(b) A rat trap
(c) A fire hazard
(d) A cozy place
5. When will the family move?
(a) In two weeks
(b) In ten days
(c) Next week
(d) The first of the month
6. She puts on a phonograph record of:
(a) Madam Butterfly
(b) Nigerian folk music
(c) African drumming
(d) American folksongs
7. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She wakes Travis up
(b) She makes herself pretty
(c) She starts breakfast
(d) She reads the paper
8. What is revealed when Beneatha takes off her headdress?
(a) A bleached color
(b) Many corn rows
(c) A short, natural haircut
(d) Two long braids
9. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
(a) A new gardening hat
(b) The insurance check
(c) A warm winter coat
(d) Kitchen cleanser
10. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) She works too hard
(b) She needs his love
(c) That she's pregnant
(d) That she's dying
11. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
(a) Over easy
(b) Any way but scrambled
12. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To become a Queen of the Nile
(b) To get a ticket to Nigeria
(c) To get herself a good job
(d) To buy herself some books
13. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
(b) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(c) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
(d) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
14. Beneatha turns off the radio which was playing:
15. In Walter Lee's imaginary African dance, he gestures with a:
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
2. Mama ignores:
3. What does he mean by that term?
4. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
5. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)