|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Ask his grandmother for money
(b) Turns up the radio so loudly
(c) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(d) Stop on the way to school for gum
2. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
3. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) A picture of her husband
(b) A small houseplant
(c) An old wind-up clock
(d) A good-luck statue
4. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
(a) That he's getting a new job
(b) That he has a degree in public speaking
(c) That he's been to New York City
(d) That he bought a new cadillac
5. Under the influence of alcohol, Walter Lee dramatically ridicules what?
(a) His mother's cooking
(b) His wife's figure
(c) His African heritage
(d) His job as a chauffeur
6. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
(a) With great respect
(b) He ignores her
(c) He tells her jokes
(d) He is speechless
7. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(a) Willie Harris
(b) His boss
(d) The landlord
8. The new neighborhood is:
(a) Mostly Negro
(b) Mixed race
(c) Mostly white
9. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
(a) Stealing from the grocer
(b) Chasing a rat in the street
(c) Playing with a b.b. gun
(d) Getting beat up by bullies
10. When will the family move?
(a) The first of the month
(b) Next week
(c) In two weeks
(d) In ten days
11. What does Travis do on his way out?
(a) Tosses a basketball to his father
(b) Steps on as many cockroaches as he can
(c) Grabs his hat and jacket from a hook
(d) Smacks Beneatha on the her bottom
12. Mama's real name is:
13. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
(a) A battle in France
(b) A garbage strike
(c) Another bomb test
(d) A recent murder
14. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
(a) A formal party gown
(b) A Nigerian robe
(c) A cocktail dress
(d) A folk dancing skirt
15. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Seeing another woman
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Thinking of suicide
(d) Working too hard
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
2. According to Walter Lee, money is:
3. What is in the letter they are expecting?
4. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
5. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)