|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The house has how many bedrooms?
(a) Two and a half
2. Where will George take Beneatha on their date?Where will George take Beneatha on their date?
(a) To the theater
(b) To Lake Shore Drive
(c) To a cocktail party
(d) To a folk festival
3. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She is afraid that the police would close it
(b) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(c) She doesn't think he would be a success
(d) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
4. When will the family move?
(a) In two weeks
(b) In ten days
(c) The first of the month
(d) Next week
5. What does Travis do on his way out?
(a) Tosses a basketball to his father
(b) Grabs his hat and jacket from a hook
(c) Smacks Beneatha on the her bottom
(d) Steps on as many cockroaches as he can
6. Ruth is doing a domestic chore. What is it?
7. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
(a) She leaves the room
(b) She slaps Beneatha
(c) She agree with Beneatha
(d) She begins to pray
8. What does Mama ask Travis?
(a) If he found his missing socks
(b) If he has done his homework yet
(c) If he finished his chores
(d) Whether or not he's taken a bath
9. Mama tells Travis that she has:
(a) Bought a business
(b) Bought vacation tickets
(c) Bought USA bonds
(d) Bought a house
10. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
(a) That he's been to New York City
(b) That he bought a new cadillac
(c) That he's getting a new job
(d) That he has a degree in public speaking
11. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
12. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(b) Being careless with her money
(c) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(d) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
13. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(a) The landlord
(b) His boss
(d) Willie Harris
14. Under the influence of alcohol, Walter Lee dramatically ridicules what?
(a) His mother's cooking
(b) His job as a chauffeur
(c) His African heritage
(d) His wife's figure
15. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
(a) Asks Mama to give him half of the money immediately
(b) Starts telling Mama about his plan to buy a store
(c) Tries to persuade Mama to use the money for a car
(d) Asks Mama to tell how much of it he can use
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
2. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
3. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
4. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
5. Walter Lee and George argue about:
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)