|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama tells Travis that she has:
(a) Bought USA bonds
(b) Bought vacation tickets
(c) Bought a house
(d) Bought a business
2. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(b) Stop on the way to school for gum
(c) Turns up the radio so loudly
(d) Ask his grandmother for money
3. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
(a) A little puppy
(b) Flowers and candy
(c) Records and robes
(d) A large cake
4. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
5. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
(a) She agree with Beneatha
(b) She leaves the room
(c) She begins to pray
(d) She slaps Beneatha
6. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
(a) He worked himself to death
(b) He died in a factory accident
(c) He was hit by a bus
(d) He committed suicide
7. Mama's real name is:
8. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To marry a rich man
(b) To leave Chicago
(c) To go on the stage
(d) To become a doctor
9. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she combs into a million braids
(b) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(c) That she has cut it in too many layers
(d) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
10. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
11. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
12. The house has how many bedrooms?
(d) Two and a half
13. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Ten dollars
(b) Five dollars
(c) Twenty-five dollars
(d) Fifty dollars
14. What does Travis go to do?
(a) Carry groceries at the local store
(b) Study at the local library
(c) Go to the movies with his friends
(d) Play stickball with his friends
15. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
Short Answer Questions
1. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
2. Which character starts the play on stage?
3. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
4. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
5. Under the influence of alcohol, Walter Lee dramatically ridicules what?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)