|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will the family move?
(a) The first of the month
(b) In ten days
(c) Next week
(d) In two weeks
2. What does Travis go to do?
(a) Play stickball with his friends
(b) Carry groceries at the local store
(c) Go to the movies with his friends
(d) Study at the local library
3. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) A picture of her husband
(b) An old wind-up clock
(c) A good-luck statue
(d) A small houseplant
4. Mama ignores:
(a) Walter Lee
(d) Her neighbor
5. What does Travis do on his way out?
(a) Steps on as many cockroaches as he can
(b) Grabs his hat and jacket from a hook
(c) Tosses a basketball to his father
(d) Smacks Beneatha on the her bottom
6. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(b) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
(c) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
(d) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
7. Where is the house that Mama bought?
(a) Clybourne Park
(b) Parkside Square
(c) Clayton Manor
(d) Park Street Lane
8. Where will George take Beneatha on their date?Where will George take Beneatha on their date?
(a) To the theater
(b) To a cocktail party
(c) To a folk festival
(d) To Lake Shore Drive
9. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
(a) Ironing boards
(b) Nosey neighbors
(c) Dirty laundry
(d) Walls and roaches
10. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
(a) It was the dining room
(b) It was a breakfast alcove
(c) It was a storage area
(d) It was a large closet
11. Which character starts the play on stage?
(b) Walter Lee
12. The new neighborhood is:
(a) Mostly white
(b) Mostly Negro
(c) Mixed race
13. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(b) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
(c) That she has cut it in too many layers
(d) That she combs into a million braids
14. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
(a) Kitchen cleanser
(b) Baking powder
(c) Cockroach spray
(d) Confectioner's Sugar
15. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(b) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(c) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(d) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Lee give Travis?
2. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
3. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
4. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
5. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)