|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
(b) Any way but scrambled
(c) Over easy
2. Walter Lee and George argue about:
(a) Their family vacations
(b) Their values and lifestyles
(c) Beneatha's short haircut
(d) Their choice of entertainment
3. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Working too hard
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Seeing another woman
(d) Thinking of suicide
4. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(a) Willie Harris
(b) His boss
(c) The landlord
5. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
6. Ruth is doing a domestic chore. What is it?
7. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
(a) Cockroach spray
(b) Kitchen cleanser
(c) Confectioner's Sugar
(d) Baking powder
8. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(b) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(c) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
(d) Being careless with her money
9. Mama tells Travis that she has:
(a) Bought a house
(b) Bought USA bonds
(c) Bought vacation tickets
(d) Bought a business
10. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(b) She is afraid that the police would close it
(c) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(d) She doesn't think he would be a success
11. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
(b) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(c) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
(d) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
12. When will the family move?
(a) The first of the month
(b) In two weeks
(c) Next week
(d) In ten days
13. Beneatha turns off the radio which was playing:
14. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
15. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To become a doctor
(b) To marry a rich man
(c) To leave Chicago
(d) To go on the stage
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama ignores:
2. According to Walter Lee, money is:
3. Who is acting as head of the Younger family?
4. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
5. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)