|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To become a doctor
(b) To marry a rich man
(c) To go on the stage
(d) To leave Chicago
2. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Open a liquor store with his friends
(b) Buy a limosine and run a car service
(c) Drink and have fun with his friends
(d) Go to college and become a doctor
3. Where will George take Beneatha on their date?Where will George take Beneatha on their date?
(a) To Lake Shore Drive
(b) To a cocktail party
(c) To a folk festival
(d) To the theater
4. The house has how many bedrooms?
(c) Two and a half
5. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) Makes Travis's bed
(c) She faints
(d) Sings a hymn
6. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
(a) Getting beat up by bullies
(b) Stealing from the grocer
(c) Playing with a b.b. gun
(d) Chasing a rat in the street
7. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
(a) It was a breakfast alcove
(b) It was a large closet
(c) It was a storage area
(d) It was the dining room
8. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She wakes Travis up
(b) She starts breakfast
(c) She makes herself pretty
(d) She reads the paper
9. Mama's real name is:
10. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
(a) A garbage strike
(b) A recent murder
(c) Another bomb test
(d) A battle in France
11. What does Walter Lee give Travis?
(a) Fifty cents
(b) A kiss
(c) A hug
(d) A dollar
12. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Five dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Twenty-five dollars
(d) Ten dollars
13. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
14. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(a) His boss
(b) Willie Harris
(d) The landlord
15. Who makes the first entrance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period of the play?
2. The new neighborhood is:
3. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
4. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
5. What does Alaiyo mean?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)