|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth changes her mind about
(a) Doing the dishes
(b) Whipping Travis
(c) Arguing with Walter Lee
(d) Going to the store
2. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Stop on the way to school for gum
(b) Ask his grandmother for money
(c) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(d) Turns up the radio so loudly
3. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
(a) Dirty laundry
(b) Nosey neighbors
(c) Ironing boards
(d) Walls and roaches
4. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
(a) A formal party gown
(b) A Nigerian robe
(c) A folk dancing skirt
(d) A cocktail dress
5. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(b) Early 1960s through early1970s
(c) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(d) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
6. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
(a) He wants to move to New York
(b) He wants to buy a new limousine
(c) He wants to stay in the apartment
(d) He sees his own dreams shattered
7. Where did Mama go?
(a) To Travis' school
(b) To visit the neighbor
(c) To buy groceries
(d) To tend to business
8. She puts on a phonograph record of:
(a) American folksongs
(b) Madam Butterfly
(c) African drumming
(d) Nigerian folk music
9. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
(a) A large cake
(b) Records and robes
(c) A little puppy
(d) Flowers and candy
10. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Fifty dollars
(b) Ten dollars
(c) Twenty-five dollars
(d) Five dollars
11. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
(a) Over easy
(c) Any way but scrambled
12. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
13. What term does Walter Lee use to refer to George's shoes?
(a) Patent leather
(b) White bucks
(c) Made in Italy
(d) Saddle shoes
14. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
15. Where will George take Beneatha on their date?Where will George take Beneatha on their date?
(a) To the theater
(b) To Lake Shore Drive
(c) To a cocktail party
(d) To a folk festival
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character starts the play on stage?
2. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
3. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
4. Where is the action of this play set?
5. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)