|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Ten dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Five dollars
(d) Twenty-five dollars
2. Ruth changes her mind about
(a) Going to the store
(b) Arguing with Walter Lee
(c) Doing the dishes
(d) Whipping Travis
3. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
(a) A formal party gown
(b) A Nigerian robe
(c) A folk dancing skirt
(d) A cocktail dress
4. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
(a) To see the doctor
(b) To get her hair done
(c) To visit a neighbor
(d) To the post office
5. What does Mama call the apartment?
(a) A fire hazard
(b) A rat trap
(c) Our little home
(d) A cozy place
6. What does Travis go to do?
(a) Carry groceries at the local store
(b) Go to the movies with his friends
(c) Study at the local library
(d) Play stickball with his friends
7. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
(a) He wants to move to New York
(b) He wants to stay in the apartment
(c) He wants to buy a new limousine
(d) He sees his own dreams shattered
8. Where did Mama go?
(a) To tend to business
(b) To visit the neighbor
(c) To Travis' school
(d) To buy groceries
9. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) She faints
(b) Makes Travis's bed
(c) Sings a hymn
10. What does Walter Lee give Travis?
(a) A dollar
(b) Fifty cents
(c) A hug
(d) A kiss
11. Where is the house that Mama bought?
(a) Parkside Square
(b) Clybourne Park
(c) Clayton Manor
(d) Park Street Lane
12. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) The insurance money
(b) Her inheritance
(c) Gifts from her friends
(d) Savings from her job
13. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
(a) That he's getting too greedy
(b) That his work is too dangerous
(c) That he's going to lose his job
(d) That Ruth might leave him
14. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
15. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) That she's pregnant
(b) She needs his love
(c) She works too hard
(d) That she's dying
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
2. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
3. Mama ignores:
4. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
5. Where is the action of this play set?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)