Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
2. Where did Mama go?
(a) To buy groceries
(b) To Travis' school
(c) To visit the neighbor
(d) To tend to business
3. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(a) Willie Harris
(c) The landlord
(d) His boss
4. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
(a) It was a breakfast alcove
(b) It was a large closet
(c) It was a storage area
(d) It was the dining room
5. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
(b) Being careless with her money
(c) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(d) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
6. The new neighborhood is:
(a) Mostly white
(c) Mostly Negro
(d) Mixed race
7. Who is acting as head of the Younger family?
(d) Walter Lee
8. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
9. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
10. What term does Walter Lee use to refer to George's shoes?
(a) Patent leather
(b) Made in Italy
(c) Saddle shoes
(d) White bucks
11. Walter Lee has been out talking to:
(a) The bartender
(b) George Murchison
(c) Willie Harris
12. Under the influence of alcohol, Walter Lee dramatically ridicules what?
(a) His wife's figure
(b) His job as a chauffeur
(c) His mother's cooking
(d) His African heritage
13. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) Her inheritance
(b) The insurance money
(c) Savings from her job
(d) Gifts from her friends
14. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
(b) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
(c) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
(d) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
15. Which character starts the play on stage?
(b) Walter Lee
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
2. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
3. Where is the house that Mama bought?
4. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
5. What does Travis go to do?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)