|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The house has how many bedrooms?
(a) Two and a half
2. Who is acting as head of the Younger family?
(d) Walter Lee
3. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
(a) That she's been fired
(b) That she's feeling ill
(c) That she got a new job
(d) That she's pregnant
4. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
(a) Drowning them with the dishwater
(b) Setting fire to the building
(c) Getting a cat to chase them away
(d) Using flyswatters to hit them
5. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a boarding house in New York City
(b) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(c) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(d) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
6. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
(a) She wonders where the baby will live
(b) She wonders what will happen when Ruth is gone
(c) She wonders how to pay the medical bills
(d) She wonders whether Ruth can get a new job
7. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
8. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
(a) She leaves the room
(b) She agree with Beneatha
(c) She slaps Beneatha
(d) She begins to pray
9. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
(a) That he bought a new cadillac
(b) That he has a degree in public speaking
(c) That he's been to New York City
(d) That he's getting a new job
10. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
(a) Getting beat up by bullies
(b) Stealing from the grocer
(c) Playing with a b.b. gun
(d) Chasing a rat in the street
11. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
(a) Starts telling Mama about his plan to buy a store
(b) Asks Mama to give him half of the money immediately
(c) Tries to persuade Mama to use the money for a car
(d) Asks Mama to tell how much of it he can use
12. What does Walter Lee give Travis?
(a) A kiss
(b) A hug
(c) A dollar
(d) Fifty cents
13. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
(a) It was a storage area
(b) It was a large closet
(c) It was a breakfast alcove
(d) It was the dining room
14. What does Travis ask Mama?
(a) If he can spray the roaches
(b) What smells so nasty
(c) Where his clean socks are
(d) Permission to go outside
15. Ruth changes her mind about
(a) Doing the dishes
(b) Arguing with Walter Lee
(c) Whipping Travis
(d) Going to the store
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
2. Which character starts the play on stage?
3. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
4. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
5. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)