|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
(a) Buy herself a new outfit
(b) Hurry up and leave for work
(c) Stay home from work to rest
(d) Save money by buying on sale
2. What does Travis ask his mother for?
(a) A comic book
(b) More eggs
(c) A pop gun
(d) Fifty cents
3. Beneatha turns off the radio which was playing:
4. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
(a) A folk dancing skirt
(b) A Nigerian robe
(c) A formal party gown
(d) A cocktail dress
5. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
(a) A new gardening hat
(b) Kitchen cleanser
(c) The insurance check
(d) A warm winter coat
6. What does Mama ask Travis?
(a) Whether or not he's taken a bath
(b) If he found his missing socks
(c) If he has done his homework yet
(d) If he finished his chores
7. What does Mama call the apartment?
(a) A fire hazard
(b) A rat trap
(c) A cozy place
(d) Our little home
8. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) Gifts from her friends
(b) Her inheritance
(c) Savings from her job
(d) The insurance money
9. Where does Travis sleep?
(a) In the living room
(b) In a bedroom off the hall
(c) In the curtained alcove
(d) On the fire escape
10. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She starts breakfast
(b) She wakes Travis up
(c) She makes herself pretty
(d) She reads the paper
11. The house has how many bedrooms?
(c) Two and a half
12. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
(a) He sees his own dreams shattered
(b) He wants to stay in the apartment
(c) He wants to buy a new limousine
(d) He wants to move to New York
13. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To leave Chicago
(b) To marry a rich man
(c) To become a doctor
(d) To go on the stage
14. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Gambling and drinking
(b) Working too hard
(c) Thinking of suicide
(d) Seeing another woman
15. Which character starts the play on stage?
(a) Walter Lee
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
2. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
3. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
4. Under the influence of alcohol, Walter Lee dramatically ridicules what?
5. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)