|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(b) His boss
(c) The landlord
(d) Willie Harris
2. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
3. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
(a) She slaps Beneatha
(b) She leaves the room
(c) She agree with Beneatha
(d) She begins to pray
4. When will the family move?
(a) In ten days
(b) In two weeks
(c) The first of the month
(d) Next week
5. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(b) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(c) Early 1960s through early1970s
(d) Late 1940s through late 1950s
6. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Go to college and become a doctor
(b) Drink and have fun with his friends
(c) Open a liquor store with his friends
(d) Buy a limosine and run a car service
7. Where does Travis sleep?
(a) In a bedroom off the hall
(b) In the curtained alcove
(c) On the fire escape
(d) In the living room
8. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a boarding house in New York City
(b) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
(c) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(d) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
9. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
10. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
11. Who makes the first entrance?
12. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
(b) Upper class
(c) Farm hands
(d) Uncle Toms
13. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
(a) Setting fire to the building
(b) Drowning them with the dishwater
(c) Using flyswatters to hit them
(d) Getting a cat to chase them away
14. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
(a) Nosey neighbors
(b) Ironing boards
(c) Dirty laundry
(d) Walls and roaches
15. Beneatha turns off the radio which was playing:
Short Answer Questions
1. She puts on a phonograph record of:
2. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
3. What does Ruth think of Willie?
4. Which character starts the play on stage?
5. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)