|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
2. When will the family move?
(a) In ten days
(b) In two weeks
(c) The first of the month
(d) Next week
3. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) The insurance money
(b) Savings from her job
(c) Her inheritance
(d) Gifts from her friends
4. What does Mama ask Travis?
(a) If he found his missing socks
(b) If he has done his homework yet
(c) Whether or not he's taken a bath
(d) If he finished his chores
5. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(b) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
(c) That she has cut it in too many layers
(d) That she combs into a million braids
6. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) An old wind-up clock
(b) A good-luck statue
(c) A picture of her husband
(d) A small houseplant
7. Who comes to visit Beneatha in this scene?
(a) Joseph Asagai
(b) Willie Harris
(c) Karl Lindner
(d) George Murchison
8. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
(a) That she's been fired
(b) That she's feeling ill
(c) That she got a new job
(d) That she's pregnant
9. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
(a) Dirty laundry
(b) Walls and roaches
(c) Ironing boards
(d) Nosey neighbors
10. What does Travis go to do?
(a) Study at the local library
(b) Carry groceries at the local store
(c) Play stickball with his friends
(d) Go to the movies with his friends
11. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
(b) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(c) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
(d) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
12. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
(a) She leaves the room
(b) She slaps Beneatha
(c) She agree with Beneatha
(d) She begins to pray
13. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
(a) Buy herself a new outfit
(b) Hurry up and leave for work
(c) Save money by buying on sale
(d) Stay home from work to rest
14. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
(a) Baking bread
(b) Paying bills
(c) Cleaning the house
(d) Washing dishes
15. Which character starts the play on stage?
(d) Walter Lee
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama call the apartment?
2. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
3. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
4. Beneatha turns off the radio which was playing:
5. What does Walter Lee say when Ruth says she's considering an abortion?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)