|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She puts on a phonograph record of:
(a) Nigerian folk music
(b) African drumming
(c) American folksongs
(d) Madam Butterfly
2. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
(a) Dirty laundry
(b) Ironing boards
(c) Nosey neighbors
(d) Walls and roaches
3. Beneatha says her people have to overcome:
(a) Racist newspaper stories
(b) The Klu Klux Klan
(c) Racist neighborhoods
(d) Neighborhood gossips
4. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(b) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
(c) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
(d) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
5. What does Travis ask his mother for?
(a) Fifty cents
(b) A pop gun
(c) A comic book
(d) More eggs
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
2. Walter Lee and Ruth speak privately about what serious issue?
3. What is Beneatha's task?
4. Where will George take Beneatha on their date?Where will George take Beneatha on their date?
5. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)