|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walter Lee explains he drove out to look at:
(a) The waterfront
(b) Steel mills
(c) His home town
(d) The racetrack
2. Mama comes home from work and complains about:
(a) Her boss
(b) Ruth's dress
(c) The weather
(d) The steps
3. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
(a) He committed suicide
(b) He was hit by a bus
(c) He died in a factory accident
(d) He worked himself to death
4. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(b) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(c) She is afraid that the police would close it
(d) She doesn't think he would be a success
5. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To marry a rich man
(b) To go on the stage
(c) To leave Chicago
(d) To become a doctor
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character starts the play on stage?
2. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
3. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
4. Walter Lee and George argue about:
5. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)