|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Arnold had to take a taxi because:
(a) His chauffeur didn't show up
(b) He had an appointment
(c) His wife wanted to go out
(d) It's cheaper than a limo
2. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
3. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(b) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(c) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(d) Early 1960s through early1970s
4. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
(b) Being careless with her money
(c) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(d) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
5. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
(a) She wonders where the baby will live
(b) She wonders what will happen when Ruth is gone
(c) She wonders how to pay the medical bills
(d) She wonders whether Ruth can get a new job
Short Answer Questions
1. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
2. Beneatha thanks Mama for:
3. Mrs. Johnson comes in. Who is she?
4. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
5. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)