|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed when Beneatha takes off her headdress?
(a) A short, natural haircut
(b) Two long braids
(c) Many corn rows
(d) A bleached color
2. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
3. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(b) She is afraid that the police would close it
(c) She doesn't think he would be a success
(d) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
4. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She reads the paper
(b) She starts breakfast
(c) She wakes Travis up
(d) She makes herself pretty
5. What is different about the apartment?
(a) Packing boxes fill the room
(b) Suitcases are being filled
(c) Furniture is rearranged
(d) The rugs are rolled up
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Arnold had to take a taxi because:
2. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
3. Which character starts the play on stage?
4. What does Travis ask his mother for?
5. Where is the action of this play set?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)