|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Beneatha in this scene?
(a) George Murchison
(b) Willie Harris
(c) Karl Lindner
(d) Joseph Asagai
2. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
(b) In a boarding house in New York City
(c) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(d) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
3. Mrs. Johnson comes in. Who is she?
(a) A nosy neighbor
(b) Ruth's best friend
(c) A distant relative
(d) Mama's cousin
4. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
(a) Save money by buying on sale
(b) Hurry up and leave for work
(c) Buy herself a new outfit
(d) Stay home from work to rest
5. Mama's real name is:
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
2. Mama ignores:
3. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
4. What is the time period of the play?
5. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)