|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To buy herself some books
(b) To become a Queen of the Nile
(c) To get a ticket to Nigeria
(d) To get herself a good job
2. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(b) That she combs into a million braids
(c) That she has cut it in too many layers
(d) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
3. What is in the letter they are expecting?
(a) A new rental contract
(b) An insurance check
(c) Lottery prize money
(d) A college application
4. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Ten dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Five dollars
(d) Twenty-five dollars
5. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
(b) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(c) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
(d) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Walter Lee, money is:
2. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
3. What does Travis go to do?
4. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
5. Which character starts the play on stage?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)