|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(b) In a boarding house in New York City
(c) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(d) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
2. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
(a) That he bought a new cadillac
(b) That he has a degree in public speaking
(c) That he's getting a new job
(d) That he's been to New York City
3. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Buy a limosine and run a car service
(b) Drink and have fun with his friends
(c) Go to college and become a doctor
(d) Open a liquor store with his friends
4. Where did Mama go?
(a) To Travis' school
(b) To buy groceries
(c) To tend to business
(d) To visit the neighbor
5. What term does Walter Lee use to refer to George's shoes?
(a) Saddle shoes
(b) White bucks
(c) Made in Italy
(d) Patent leather
Short Answer Questions
1. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
2. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
3. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
4. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
5. What does Walter Lee say when Ruth says she's considering an abortion?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)