|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
(a) A new gardening hat
(b) Kitchen cleanser
(c) The insurance check
(d) A warm winter coat
2. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
(a) That he's getting a new job
(b) That he has a degree in public speaking
(c) That he bought a new cadillac
(d) That he's been to New York City
3. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
(b) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(c) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(d) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
4. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(b) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(c) She doesn't think he would be a success
(d) She is afraid that the police would close it
5. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she combs into a million braids
(b) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(c) That she has cut it in too many layers
(d) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
2. Walter Lee has been out talking to:
3. What does Alaiyo mean?
4. What does Travis do on his way out?
5. What does Mama ask Travis?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)