|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed when Beneatha takes off her headdress?
(a) Many corn rows
(b) Two long braids
(c) A short, natural haircut
(d) A bleached color
2. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She doesn't think he would be a success
(b) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(c) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(d) She is afraid that the police would close it
3. What does Travis do on his way out?
(a) Tosses a basketball to his father
(b) Smacks Beneatha on the her bottom
(c) Steps on as many cockroaches as he can
(d) Grabs his hat and jacket from a hook
4. What lie does Walter Lee tell George?
(a) That he bought a new cadillac
(b) That he has a degree in public speaking
(c) That he's been to New York City
(d) That he's getting a new job
5. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Being careless with her money
(b) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(c) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
(d) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama tells Travis that she has:
2. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
3. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
4. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
5. Ruth changes her mind about
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)