|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
(b) Upper class
(c) Farm hands
(d) Uncle Toms
2. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
(a) Drowning them with the dishwater
(b) Using flyswatters to hit them
(c) Getting a cat to chase them away
(d) Setting fire to the building
3. She puts on a phonograph record of:
(a) Madam Butterfly
(b) American folksongs
(c) Nigerian folk music
(d) African drumming
4. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(b) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
(c) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(d) That he is a good dresser and very polite
5. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
(a) Confectioner's Sugar
(b) Kitchen cleanser
(c) Baking powder
(d) Cockroach spray
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
2. Walter Lee and Ruth speak privately about what serious issue?
3. What does Ruth call Beneatha's hair style?
4. Who comes to visit Beneatha in this scene?
5. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)