|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Open a liquor store with his friends
(b) Go to college and become a doctor
(c) Drink and have fun with his friends
(d) Buy a limosine and run a car service
2. Walter Lee and George argue about:
(a) Their choice of entertainment
(b) Beneatha's short haircut
(c) Their family vacations
(d) Their values and lifestyles
3. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
(a) Upper class
(c) Uncle Toms
(d) Farm hands
4. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(b) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(c) In a boarding house in New York City
(d) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
5. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She wakes Travis up
(b) She reads the paper
(c) She starts breakfast
(d) She makes herself pretty
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
2. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
3. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
4. What does Alaiyo mean?
5. Under the influence of alcohol, Walter Lee dramatically ridicules what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)