|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Buy a limosine and run a car service
(b) Open a liquor store with his friends
(c) Drink and have fun with his friends
(d) Go to college and become a doctor
2. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
(b) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(c) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
(d) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
3. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(b) She doesn't think he would be a success
(c) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(d) She is afraid that the police would close it
4. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
(a) Asks Mama to give him half of the money immediately
(b) Tries to persuade Mama to use the money for a car
(c) Asks Mama to tell how much of it he can use
(d) Starts telling Mama about his plan to buy a store
5. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To marry a rich man
(b) To leave Chicago
(c) To become a doctor
(d) To go on the stage
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
2. Under the influence of alcohol, Walter Lee dramatically ridicules what?
3. What does Travis go to do?
4. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
5. The new neighborhood is:
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)