|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(b) Stop on the way to school for gum
(c) Ask his grandmother for money
(d) Turns up the radio so loudly
2. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(b) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(c) Being careless with her money
(d) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
3. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Five dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Ten dollars
(d) Twenty-five dollars
4. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(a) His boss
(b) Willie Harris
(d) The landlord
5. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She doesn't think he would be a success
(b) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(c) She is afraid that the police would close it
(d) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the first entrance?
2. Ruth is joyful. She shouts goodbye to:
3. Who is acting as head of the Younger family?
4. In Walter Lee's imaginary African dance, he gestures with a:
5. What does Travis ask his mother for?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)