|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
(a) A folk dancing skirt
(b) A formal party gown
(c) A cocktail dress
(d) A Nigerian robe
2. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
(a) That he's getting too greedy
(b) That Ruth might leave him
(c) That he's going to lose his job
(d) That his work is too dangerous
3. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she combs into a million braids
(b) That she has cut it in too many layers
(c) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
(d) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
4. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
(a) Playing with a b.b. gun
(b) Getting beat up by bullies
(c) Stealing from the grocer
(d) Chasing a rat in the street
5. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) That she's dying
(b) She needs his love
(c) That she's pregnant
(d) She works too hard
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
2. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
3. What does Walter Lee say when Ruth says she's considering an abortion?
4. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
5. What is the time period of the play?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)