|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Travis sleep?
(a) On the fire escape
(b) In the curtained alcove
(c) In a bedroom off the hall
(d) In the living room
2. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
(a) Stealing from the grocer
(b) Chasing a rat in the street
(c) Playing with a b.b. gun
(d) Getting beat up by bullies
3. Walter Lee and Ruth speak privately about what serious issue?
(a) Walter Lee's need for milk or coffee
(b) Their son Travis' behavior
(c) Their deteriorating relationship
(d) Mama's decision to buy a house
4. What does Walter Lee say when Ruth says she's considering an abortion?
(a) He says nothing
(b) It's a good idea
(c) Let's talk about it
(d) You can't do that
5. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) She needs his love
(b) That she's dying
(c) That she's pregnant
(d) She works too hard
Short Answer Questions
1. Walter Lee and George argue about:
2. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
3. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
4. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
5. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)