|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She is afraid that the police would close it
(b) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(c) She doesn't think he would be a success
(d) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
2. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(b) That she has cut it in too many layers
(c) That she combs into a million braids
(d) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
3. Ruth changes her mind about
(a) Going to the store
(b) Arguing with Walter Lee
(c) Doing the dishes
(d) Whipping Travis
4. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) Sings a hymn
(b) Makes Travis's bed
(d) She faints
5. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
(a) A formal party gown
(b) A folk dancing skirt
(c) A Nigerian robe
(d) A cocktail dress
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
2. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
3. George doesn't care for:
4. What is Beneatha's task?
5. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)