|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She reads the paper
(b) She starts breakfast
(c) She wakes Travis up
(d) She makes herself pretty
2. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(b) In a boarding house in New York City
(c) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
(d) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
3. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Being careless with her money
(b) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(c) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
(d) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
4. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
(a) Getting a cat to chase them away
(b) Drowning them with the dishwater
(c) Setting fire to the building
(d) Using flyswatters to hit them
5. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) An old wind-up clock
(b) A good-luck statue
(c) A small houseplant
(d) A picture of her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
2. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
3. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
4. What does Travis ask Mama?
5. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)