|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Working too hard
(b) Thinking of suicide
(c) Gambling and drinking
(d) Seeing another woman
2. What does Mama call the apartment?
(a) A cozy place
(b) A fire hazard
(c) Our little home
(d) A rat trap
3. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
(a) Asks Mama to give him half of the money immediately
(b) Tries to persuade Mama to use the money for a car
(c) Starts telling Mama about his plan to buy a store
(d) Asks Mama to tell how much of it he can use
4. What does Mama ask Travis?
(a) Whether or not he's taken a bath
(b) If he found his missing socks
(c) If he finished his chores
(d) If he has done his homework yet
5. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
2. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
3. What is in the letter they are expecting?
4. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
5. What does Travis go to do?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)