|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
(a) Save money by buying on sale
(b) Buy herself a new outfit
(c) Hurry up and leave for work
(d) Stay home from work to rest
2. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
(a) Two years
(b) One year
(c) Ten years
(d) Five years
3. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she combs into a million braids
(b) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(c) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
(d) That she has cut it in too many layers
4. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) A small houseplant
(b) A good-luck statue
(c) A picture of her husband
(d) An old wind-up clock
5. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(b) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(c) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
(d) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
2. What does Mama call the apartment?
3. Where is the action of this play set?
4. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
5. What is in the letter they are expecting?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)