|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) A good-luck statue
(b) A small houseplant
(c) An old wind-up clock
(d) A picture of her husband
2. Where does Travis sleep?
(a) In the curtained alcove
(b) In a bedroom off the hall
(c) In the living room
(d) On the fire escape
3. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Thinking of suicide
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Seeing another woman
(d) Working too hard
4. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) She works too hard
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) That she's dying
(d) She needs his love
5. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Ask his grandmother for money
(b) Stop on the way to school for gum
(c) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(d) Turns up the radio so loudly
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
2. What does Travis ask his mother for?
3. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
4. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
5. What is the time period of the play?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)