|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
(a) She wonders what will happen when Ruth is gone
(b) She wonders how to pay the medical bills
(c) She wonders where the baby will live
(d) She wonders whether Ruth can get a new job
2. What does Travis ask Mama?
(a) Permission to go outside
(b) What smells so nasty
(c) If he can spray the roaches
(d) Where his clean socks are
3. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(b) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(c) Early 1960s through early1970s
(d) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
4. Who comes to visit Beneatha in this scene?
(a) Karl Lindner
(b) George Murchison
(c) Willie Harris
(d) Joseph Asagai
5. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(b) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(c) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
(d) Being careless with her money
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
2. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
3. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
4. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
5. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)