|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) A small houseplant
(b) A good-luck statue
(c) A picture of her husband
(d) An old wind-up clock
2. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
3. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
(a) Playing with a b.b. gun
(b) Stealing from the grocer
(c) Getting beat up by bullies
(d) Chasing a rat in the street
4. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
(a) Flowers and candy
(b) A large cake
(c) A little puppy
(d) Records and robes
5. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Twenty-five dollars
(b) Ten dollars
(c) Fifty dollars
(d) Five dollars
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
2. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
3. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
4. What does Walter Lee say when Ruth says she's considering an abortion?
5. What does he mean by that term?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)