|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is Beneatha's visitor originally from?
2. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
(a) That Ruth might leave him
(b) That his work is too dangerous
(c) That he's getting too greedy
(d) That he's going to lose his job
3. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) That she's pregnant
(b) She works too hard
(c) She needs his love
(d) That she's dying
4. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(b) In a boarding house in New York City
(c) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(d) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
5. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) She faints
(b) Sings a hymn
(c) Makes Travis's bed
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the first entrance?
2. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
3. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
4. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
5. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)