|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis go to do?
(a) Carry groceries at the local store
(b) Study at the local library
(c) Play stickball with his friends
(d) Go to the movies with his friends
2. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
(a) He committed suicide
(b) He died in a factory accident
(c) He was hit by a bus
(d) He worked himself to death
3. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a boarding house in New York City
(b) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(c) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(d) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
4. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
(b) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(c) Being careless with her money
(d) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
5. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
(b) That she combs into a million braids
(c) That she has cut it in too many layers
(d) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the first entrance?
2. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
3. What is in the letter they are expecting?
4. What does Travis ask Mama?
5. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)