|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
(a) Setting fire to the building
(b) Using flyswatters to hit them
(c) Drowning them with the dishwater
(d) Getting a cat to chase them away
2. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She doesn't think he would be a success
(b) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(c) She is afraid that the police would close it
(d) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
3. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
(b) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
(c) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(d) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
4. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Stop on the way to school for gum
(b) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(c) Ask his grandmother for money
(d) Turns up the radio so loudly
5. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
(a) Over easy
(d) Any way but scrambled
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
2. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
3. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
4. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
5. Which character starts the play on stage?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)