|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beneatha's task?
(a) Sweeping the floor
(b) Washing down walls
(c) Scrubbing kitchen counters
(d) Spraying cockroaches
2. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
(a) Asks Mama to tell how much of it he can use
(b) Starts telling Mama about his plan to buy a store
(c) Asks Mama to give him half of the money immediately
(d) Tries to persuade Mama to use the money for a car
3. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Early 1960s through early1970s
(b) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(c) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(d) Late 1960s through late 1970s
4. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Five dollars
(b) Twenty-five dollars
(c) Fifty dollars
(d) Ten dollars
5. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
(a) She leaves the room
(b) She slaps Beneatha
(c) She agree with Beneatha
(d) She begins to pray
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
2. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
3. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
4. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
5. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)