|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(a) His boss
(b) The landlord
(d) Willie Harris
2. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
(a) Kitchen cleanser
(b) Baking powder
(c) Cockroach spray
(d) Confectioner's Sugar
3. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She makes herself pretty
(b) She reads the paper
(c) She wakes Travis up
(d) She starts breakfast
4. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(b) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
(c) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
(d) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
5. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
(a) With great respect
(b) He tells her jokes
(c) He ignores her
(d) He is speechless
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character starts the play on stage?
2. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
3. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
4. What does Walter Lee give Travis?
5. Where does Travis sleep?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)