|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Seeing another woman
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Working too hard
(d) Thinking of suicide
2. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
(a) Cleaning the house
(b) Paying bills
(c) Baking bread
(d) Washing dishes
3. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
(a) Tries to persuade Mama to use the money for a car
(b) Asks Mama to tell how much of it he can use
(c) Starts telling Mama about his plan to buy a store
(d) Asks Mama to give him half of the money immediately
4. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(b) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
(c) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
(d) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
5. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) Her inheritance
(b) Gifts from her friends
(c) The insurance money
(d) Savings from her job
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
2. What does Walter Lee say when Ruth says she's considering an abortion?
3. What is the time period of the play?
4. What does Travis ask Mama?
5. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)