|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
(a) A little puppy
(b) A large cake
(c) Flowers and candy
(d) Records and robes
2. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
3. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
(a) She agree with Beneatha
(b) She slaps Beneatha
(c) She begins to pray
(d) She leaves the room
4. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a boarding house in New York City
(b) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(c) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(d) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
5. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
(a) With great respect
(b) He ignores her
(c) He tells her jokes
(d) He is speechless
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
2. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
3. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
4. What does Alaiyo mean?
5. What does Travis do on his way out?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)