|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
(a) Getting beat up by bullies
(b) Stealing from the grocer
(c) Playing with a b.b. gun
(d) Chasing a rat in the street
2. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) That she's pregnant
(b) She needs his love
(c) That she's dying
(d) She works too hard
3. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(a) His boss
(c) The landlord
(d) Willie Harris
4. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
(b) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(c) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(d) That he is a good dresser and very polite
5. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
(b) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
(c) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
(d) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Walter Lee, money is:
2. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
3. Who comes to visit Beneatha in this scene?
4. What does Walter Lee want to do?
5. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)