|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
2. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Early 1960s through early1970s
(b) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(c) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(d) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
3. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
(a) He is speechless
(b) He ignores her
(c) With great respect
(d) He tells her jokes
4. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(b) That she combs into a million braids
(c) That she has cut it in too many layers
(d) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
5. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) Savings from her job
(b) Gifts from her friends
(c) The insurance money
(d) Her inheritance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
2. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
3. What does Walter Lee want to do?
4. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
5. What does Mama ask Travis?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)