|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
(b) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(c) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(d) Being careless with her money
2. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
3. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(b) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(c) Early 1960s through early1970s
(d) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
4. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
(a) A warm winter coat
(b) A new gardening hat
(c) Kitchen cleanser
(d) The insurance check
5. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(b) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
(c) That she combs into a million braids
(d) That she has cut it in too many layers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
2. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
3. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
4. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
5. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)