|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Walter Lee, money is:
2. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
(a) Stealing from the grocer
(b) Chasing a rat in the street
(c) Playing with a b.b. gun
(d) Getting beat up by bullies
3. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
(b) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(c) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
(d) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
4. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She is afraid that the police would close it
(b) She doesn't think he would be a success
(c) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(d) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
5. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(b) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
(c) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(d) In a boarding house in New York City
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
2. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
3. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
4. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
5. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)