|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Early 1960s through early1970s
(b) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(c) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(d) Late 1940s through late 1950s
2. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Drink and have fun with his friends
(b) Buy a limosine and run a car service
(c) Open a liquor store with his friends
(d) Go to college and become a doctor
3. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(b) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(c) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(d) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
4. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(b) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(c) Being careless with her money
(d) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
5. What does Travis ask his mother for?
(a) A comic book
(b) A pop gun
(c) More eggs
(d) Fifty cents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
2. Where is the action of this play set?
3. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
4. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
5. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)