|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(b) She doesn't think he would be a success
(c) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(d) She is afraid that the police would close it
2. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(b) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
(c) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
(d) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
3. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
(a) Save money by buying on sale
(b) Buy herself a new outfit
(c) Hurry up and leave for work
(d) Stay home from work to rest
4. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) A small houseplant
(b) A picture of her husband
(c) An old wind-up clock
(d) A good-luck statue
5. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
2. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
3. Which character starts the play on stage?
4. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
5. What is the time period of the play?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)