|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(b) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(c) Early 1960s through early1970s
(d) Late 1940s through late 1950s
2. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She is afraid that the police would close it
(b) She doesn't think he would be a success
(c) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(d) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
3. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Ask his grandmother for money
(b) Turns up the radio so loudly
(c) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(d) Stop on the way to school for gum
4. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Open a liquor store with his friends
(b) Drink and have fun with his friends
(c) Go to college and become a doctor
(d) Buy a limosine and run a car service
5. Who makes the first entrance?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
2. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
3. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
4. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
5. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)