|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
(b) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(c) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(d) In a boarding house in New York City
2. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
(a) Stay home from work to rest
(b) Save money by buying on sale
(c) Buy herself a new outfit
(d) Hurry up and leave for work
3. Who makes the first entrance?
4. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Being careless with her money
(b) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(c) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(d) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
5. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) Savings from her job
(b) Gifts from her friends
(c) Her inheritance
(d) The insurance money
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
2. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
3. What does Ruth think of Willie?
4. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
5. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)