|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
(b) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
(c) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(d) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
2. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) Makes Travis's bed
(c) She faints
(d) Sings a hymn
3. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Ask his grandmother for money
(b) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(c) Stop on the way to school for gum
(d) Turns up the radio so loudly
4. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
5. Which character starts the play on stage?
(c) Walter Lee
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
2. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
3. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
4. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
5. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)