|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To marry a rich man
(b) To become a doctor
(c) To leave Chicago
(d) To go on the stage
2. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(b) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
(c) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
(d) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
3. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(b) In a boarding house in New York City
(c) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
(d) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
4. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
(a) She slaps Beneatha
(b) She begins to pray
(c) She leaves the room
(d) She agree with Beneatha
5. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Turns up the radio so loudly
(b) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(c) Stop on the way to school for gum
(d) Ask his grandmother for money
Short Answer Questions
1. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
2. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
3. What does Mama call the apartment?
4. Which character starts the play on stage?
5. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)