|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) Makes Travis's bed
(b) She faints
(c) Sings a hymn
2. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
3. Which character starts the play on stage?
(d) Walter Lee
4. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
5. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(b) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(c) Early 1960s through early1970s
(d) Late 1940s through late 1950s
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama call the apartment?
2. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
3. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
4. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
5. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)