|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
2. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) A small houseplant
(b) A picture of her husband
(c) A good-luck statue
(d) An old wind-up clock
3. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
4. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
(a) He wants to yell at Beneatha
(b) He forgot to kiss Ruth goodbye
(c) It's raining and he needs an umbrella
(d) He needs carfare from Ruth
5. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To marry a rich man
(b) To go on the stage
(c) To become a doctor
(d) To leave Chicago
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Lee give Travis?
2. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
3. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
4. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
5. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)