|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
(a) A garbage strike
(b) Another bomb test
(c) A battle in France
(d) A recent murder
2. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
(a) It was a large closet
(b) It was a storage area
(c) It was a breakfast alcove
(d) It was the dining room
3. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(b) Ask his grandmother for money
(c) Turns up the radio so loudly
(d) Stop on the way to school for gum
4. What does Mama call the apartment?
(a) A cozy place
(b) A rat trap
(c) Our little home
(d) A fire hazard
5. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(b) In a boarding house in New York City
(c) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
(d) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period of the play?
2. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
3. Which character starts the play on stage?
4. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
5. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)