|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Ask his grandmother for money
(b) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(c) Turns up the radio so loudly
(d) Stop on the way to school for gum
2. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Go to college and become a doctor
(b) Open a liquor store with his friends
(c) Buy a limosine and run a car service
(d) Drink and have fun with his friends
3. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(b) In a boarding house in New York City
(c) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(d) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
4. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
5. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She makes herself pretty
(b) She reads the paper
(c) She starts breakfast
(d) She wakes Travis up
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
2. What is the time period of the play?
3. Where does Travis sleep?
4. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
5. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)