|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
(a) Five years
(b) Two years
(c) One year
(d) Ten years
2. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(b) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(c) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(d) Early 1960s through early1970s
3. Where does Travis sleep?
(a) On the fire escape
(b) In the curtained alcove
(c) In the living room
(d) In a bedroom off the hall
4. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She reads the paper
(b) She wakes Travis up
(c) She starts breakfast
(d) She makes herself pretty
5. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
(b) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
(c) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(d) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character starts the play on stage?
2. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
3. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
4. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
5. What does Walter Lee want to do?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)