|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(b) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(c) Early 1960s through early1970s
(d) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
2. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
(a) Stay home from work to rest
(b) Hurry up and leave for work
(c) Save money by buying on sale
(d) Buy herself a new outfit
3. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) She doesn't think he would be a success
(b) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(c) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(d) She is afraid that the police would close it
4. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
(c) Over easy
(d) Any way but scrambled
5. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To marry a rich man
(b) To go on the stage
(c) To become a doctor
(d) To leave Chicago
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
2. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
3. Which character starts the play on stage?
4. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
5. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)