|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(b) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
(c) Being careless with her money
(d) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
2. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) A small houseplant
(b) A picture of her husband
(c) A good-luck statue
(d) An old wind-up clock
3. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
(a) Five years
(b) One year
(c) Ten years
(d) Two years
4. Where does Travis sleep?
(a) In the curtained alcove
(b) In the living room
(c) In a bedroom off the hall
(d) On the fire escape
5. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(b) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
(c) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(d) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
2. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
3. What is the time period of the play?
4. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
5. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)