|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis ask his mother for?
(a) A comic book
(b) Fifty cents
(c) A pop gun
(d) More eggs
2. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) A small houseplant
(b) An old wind-up clock
(c) A good-luck statue
(d) A picture of her husband
3. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
(a) Ten years
(b) One year
(c) Two years
(d) Five years
4. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(b) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(c) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
(d) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
5. Where does Travis sleep?
(a) In a bedroom off the hall
(b) In the living room
(c) On the fire escape
(d) In the curtained alcove
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period of the play?
2. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
3. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
4. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
5. What does Mama call the apartment?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)