|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Stop on the way to school for gum
(b) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(c) Turns up the radio so loudly
(d) Ask his grandmother for money
2. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(b) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(c) Being careless with her money
(d) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
3. Which character starts the play on stage?
(a) Walter Lee
4. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
(a) Hurry up and leave for work
(b) Buy herself a new outfit
(c) Stay home from work to rest
(d) Save money by buying on sale
5. What does Walter Lee give Travis?
(a) A dollar
(b) A kiss
(c) Fifty cents
(d) A hug
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
2. What does Travis ask his mother for?
3. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
4. What does Walter Lee want to do?
5. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)