|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Go to college and become a doctor
(b) Buy a limosine and run a car service
(c) Open a liquor store with his friends
(d) Drink and have fun with his friends
2. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(b) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(c) Early 1960s through early1970s
(d) Late 1960s through late 1970s
3. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
4. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
(a) It was the dining room
(b) It was a storage area
(c) It was a breakfast alcove
(d) It was a large closet
5. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) Her inheritance
(b) The insurance money
(c) Savings from her job
(d) Gifts from her friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
2. Who makes the first entrance?
3. Where does Travis sleep?
4. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
5. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)