|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To become a doctor
(b) To leave Chicago
(c) To marry a rich man
(d) To go on the stage
2. What does Mama call the apartment?
(a) Our little home
(b) A fire hazard
(c) A cozy place
(d) A rat trap
3. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) Sings a hymn
(b) Makes Travis's bed
(c) She faints
4. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
(b) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(c) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(d) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
5. How did Big Walter die, according to Mama?
(a) He worked himself to death
(b) He was hit by a bus
(c) He committed suicide
(d) He died in a factory accident
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
2. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
3. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
4. Who makes the first entrance?
5. Which character starts the play on stage?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)