|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(b) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(c) Being careless with her money
(d) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
2. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
(a) It was a storage area
(b) It was a breakfast alcove
(c) It was a large closet
(d) It was the dining room
3. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(b) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
(c) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
(d) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
4. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(b) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
(c) In a boarding house in New York City
(d) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
5. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(b) Early 1960s through early1970s
(c) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(d) Late 1960s through late 1970s
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Travis sleep?
2. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
3. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
4. What does Travis ask his mother for?
5. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)