|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama call the apartment?
(a) A rat trap
(b) A cozy place
(c) A fire hazard
(d) Our little home
2. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a boarding house in New York City
(b) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
(c) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(d) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
3. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
(a) It fosters immorality by encouraging drinking
(b) She doesn't like Walter Lee as much as she likes Beneatha
(c) She doesn't think he would be a success
(d) She is afraid that the police would close it
4. Which character starts the play on stage?
(c) Walter Lee
5. Where does Beneatha expect to get her tuition from?
(a) Gifts from her friends
(b) Savings from her job
(c) Her inheritance
(d) The insurance money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
2. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
3. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
4. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
5. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)