|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Welcoming Committee offer to do?
(a) Paint the new house
(b) Rent the new house
(c) Sell the new house
(d) Buy the new house
2. Under the influence of alcohol, Walter Lee dramatically ridicules what?
(a) His wife's figure
(b) His mother's cooking
(c) His job as a chauffeur
(d) His African heritage
3. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
(a) She wakes Travis up
(b) She reads the paper
(c) She starts breakfast
(d) She makes herself pretty
4. What does Mr. Lindner bring the Youngers?
(a) A welcome brochure
(b) A no-pet petition
(c) An offer to buy their house
(d) An invitation to a club
5. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
(a) She faints
(b) Makes Travis's bed
(c) Sings a hymn
Short Answer Questions
1. As the scene opens, what does Beneatha carry?
2. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
3. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
4. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
5. Ruth thinks Mr. Lindner looks:
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)