|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
(a) That she's been fired
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) That she's feeling ill
(d) That she got a new job
2. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
(a) Five years
(b) Two years
(c) One year
(d) Ten years
3. Beneatha tells Mama that George is:
(a) A catch
(b) A fool
(c) A friend
(d) A dandy
4. What opinion does the Welcoming Committee hold?
(a) Negroes should live elsewhere
(b) The Youngers need a garage
(c) Neighbors should visit often
(d) The new neighbors are nice
5. What does Travis do on his way out?
(a) Smacks Beneatha on the her bottom
(b) Steps on as many cockroaches as he can
(c) Grabs his hat and jacket from a hook
(d) Tosses a basketball to his father
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
2. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
3. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
4. How much money does Walter Lee need for his plans?
5. Ruth tells Walter Lee she is sorry about:
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)