|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
(a) Tries to persuade Mama to use the money for a car
(b) Asks Mama to tell how much of it he can use
(c) Asks Mama to give him half of the money immediately
(d) Starts telling Mama about his plan to buy a store
2. What opinion does the Welcoming Committee hold?
(a) The Youngers need a garage
(b) Neighbors should visit often
(c) Negroes should live elsewhere
(d) The new neighbors are nice
3. Mr. Arnold had to take a taxi because:
(a) His chauffeur didn't show up
(b) It's cheaper than a limo
(c) His wife wanted to go out
(d) He had an appointment
4. What is the bad news?
(a) Bobo and Willie argued
(b) Willie didn't meet Bobo
(c) Willie was late meeting Bobo
(d) Willie had an accident
5. Walter Lee is bitter and disappointed. Why?
(a) He sees his own dreams shattered
(b) He wants to stay in the apartment
(c) He wants to move to New York
(d) He wants to buy a new limousine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Lee give Travis?
2. What does Travis ask his mother for?
3. Mama opens a gift. What is it?
4. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
5. What does the Welcoming Committee offer to do?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)