|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
(a) A garbage strike
(b) A battle in France
(c) Another bomb test
(d) A recent murder
2. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
(b) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
(c) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
(d) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
3. What does Mama call the apartment?
(a) A cozy place
(b) A rat trap
(c) Our little home
(d) A fire hazard
4. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(b) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(c) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(d) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
5. Which character starts the play on stage?
(d) Walter Lee
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he mean by that term?
2. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
3. What does Mama ask Travis?
4. What does Ruth do at the end of the scene?
5. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)