|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
2. Who makes the first entrance?
3. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
(a) He wants to yell at Beneatha
(b) He needs carfare from Ruth
(c) It's raining and he needs an umbrella
(d) He forgot to kiss Ruth goodbye
4. What is Beneatha's relationship to Ruth?
(a) They are sisters, but Ruth is older
(b) Beneatha is Ruth's niece by marriage
(c) Beneatha is Ruth's oldest daughter
(d) Ruth is Beneatha's sister-in-law
5. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
(b) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
(c) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(d) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
2. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
3. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
4. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
5. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)