|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
(a) Paying bills
(b) Cleaning the house
(c) Washing dishes
(d) Baking bread
2. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Working too hard
(b) Thinking of suicide
(c) Gambling and drinking
(d) Seeing another woman
3. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
(a) That he's going to lose his job
(b) That his work is too dangerous
(c) That Ruth might leave him
(d) That he's getting too greedy
4. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Ten dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Twenty-five dollars
(d) Five dollars
5. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To get herself a good job
(b) To buy herself some books
(c) To become a Queen of the Nile
(d) To get a ticket to Nigeria
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
2. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
3. What is the time period of the play?
4. How long did Mama and Big Walter plan on living in their apartment when they moved in?
5. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)