|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the letter they are expecting?
(a) Lottery prize money
(b) A new rental contract
(c) A college application
(d) An insurance check
2. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) A picture of her husband
(b) A good-luck statue
(c) A small houseplant
(d) An old wind-up clock
3. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To go on the stage
(b) To marry a rich man
(c) To leave Chicago
(d) To become a doctor
4. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(b) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
(c) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
(d) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
5. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To get a ticket to Nigeria
(b) To get herself a good job
(c) To buy herself some books
(d) To become a Queen of the Nile
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
2. What does Mama ask Travis?
3. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
4. What does Ruth think of Willie?
5. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)