|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Thinking of suicide
(b) Seeing another woman
(c) Gambling and drinking
(d) Working too hard
2. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To marry a rich man
(b) To leave Chicago
(c) To go on the stage
(d) To become a doctor
3. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To buy herself some books
(b) To become a Queen of the Nile
(c) To get herself a good job
(d) To get a ticket to Nigeria
4. Who makes the first entrance?
5. What does Ruth think of Willie?
(a) That he's much smarter than Walter Lee
(b) She wonders why he hasn't been arrested
(c) That he is a good dresser and very polite
(d) She thinks he's a good-for-nothing loud mouth
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
2. What does Mama ask Travis?
3. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
4. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
5. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)