|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character starts the play on stage?
(c) Walter Lee
2. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(a) His boss
(b) The landlord
(c) Willie Harris
3. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(b) Early 1960s through early1970s
(c) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(d) Late 1960s through late 1970s
4. What does Travis ask Mama?
(a) What smells so nasty
(b) Where his clean socks are
(c) If he can spray the roaches
(d) Permission to go outside
5. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
(a) A little puppy
(b) Flowers and candy
(c) A large cake
(d) Records and robes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
2. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
3. Where is the action of this play set?
4. What is Beneatha's task?
5. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)