|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
2. What is Beneatha's task?
(a) Washing down walls
(b) Scrubbing kitchen counters
(c) Spraying cockroaches
(d) Sweeping the floor
3. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(b) That she combs into a million braids
(c) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
(d) That she has cut it in too many layers
4. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) She needs his love
(b) That she's pregnant
(c) She works too hard
(d) That she's dying
5. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
(a) That she got a new job
(b) That she's been fired
(c) That she's feeling ill
(d) That she's pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
2. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
3. What does Beneatha see Travis doing?
4. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
5. Who comes to visit Beneatha in this scene?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)