|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
(a) Washing dishes
(b) Paying bills
(c) Baking bread
(d) Cleaning the house
2. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
3. What is in the letter they are expecting?
(a) An insurance check
(b) Lottery prize money
(c) A new rental contract
(d) A college application
4. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
(a) A picture of her husband
(b) An old wind-up clock
(c) A good-luck statue
(d) A small houseplant
5. Why does Walter come back after leaving the apartment?
(a) He needs carfare from Ruth
(b) He forgot to kiss Ruth goodbye
(c) He wants to yell at Beneatha
(d) It's raining and he needs an umbrella
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alaiyo mean?
2. What does Travis go to do?
3. What does Ruth think of Willie?
4. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
5. What was the name of the baby Mama and Big Walter lost?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)