|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alaiyo mean?
(a) One for Whom Bread Is Not Enough
(b) One Who Dances Like the Peacock
(c) One Who Fights Like a Warrior
(d) One for Whom the Goddess Calls
2. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
(a) Baking powder
(b) Confectioner's Sugar
(c) Cockroach spray
(d) Kitchen cleanser
3. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To get herself a good job
(b) To buy herself some books
(c) To get a ticket to Nigeria
(d) To become a Queen of the Nile
4. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
(a) Ten dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Twenty-five dollars
(d) Five dollars
5. What does Mama ask Travis?
(a) If he has done his homework yet
(b) If he found his missing socks
(c) If he finished his chores
(d) Whether or not he's taken a bath
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
2. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
3. What does Walter Lee want to do?
4. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
5. What does he mean by that term?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)