|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To become a Queen of the Nile
(b) To buy herself some books
(c) To get herself a good job
(d) To get a ticket to Nigeria
2. What does Walter Lee want to do?
(a) Open a liquor store with his friends
(b) Drink and have fun with his friends
(c) Go to college and become a doctor
(d) Buy a limosine and run a car service
3. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(b) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
(c) In a boarding house in New York City
(d) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
4. Who comes to visit Beneatha in this scene?
(a) George Murchison
(b) Willie Harris
(c) Karl Lindner
(d) Joseph Asagai
5. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Seeing another woman
(b) Working too hard
(c) Thinking of suicide
(d) Gambling and drinking
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
2. What gift does Beneatha's visitor bring?
3. What does Mama ask Travis?
4. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
5. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)