|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the paper, Walter Lee reads about:
(a) Another bomb test
(b) A battle in France
(c) A recent murder
(d) A garbage strike
2. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(b) Early 1960s through early1970s
(c) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(d) Late 1940s through late 1950s
3. How does Walter Lee like his eggs?
(c) Any way but scrambled
(d) Over easy
4. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
(a) He is speechless
(b) He ignores her
(c) With great respect
(d) He tells her jokes
5. What method does Beneatha suggest for getting rid of the cockroaches?
(a) Drowning them with the dishwater
(b) Using flyswatters to hit them
(c) Getting a cat to chase them away
(d) Setting fire to the building
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama keep on the windowsill?
2. About how old is Walter Lee Younger?
3. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
4. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
5. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)