|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter Lee say when Ruth says she's considering an abortion?
(a) It's a good idea
(b) You can't do that
(c) Let's talk about it
(d) He says nothing
2. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Seeing another woman
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Working too hard
(d) Thinking of suicide
3. Who calls Walter Lee on the telephone?
(b) Willie Harris
(c) His boss
(d) The landlord
4. What does he mean by that term?
(a) That she straightens it to look Caucasian
(b) That she combs into a million braids
(c) That she dyes it with blonde streaks
(d) That she has cut it in too many layers
5. What is Beneatha's current ambition in life?
(a) To marry a rich man
(b) To become a doctor
(c) To leave Chicago
(d) To go on the stage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
2. What does Mama call the apartment?
3. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
4. What term does he use to describe Beneatha's hair?
5. What does Travis go to do?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)