|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
(a) She wonders how to pay the medical bills
(b) She wonders what will happen when Ruth is gone
(c) She wonders where the baby will live
(d) She wonders whether Ruth can get a new job
2. What is in the letter they are expecting?
(a) An insurance check
(b) A college application
(c) A new rental contract
(d) Lottery prize money
3. What does Travis do on his way out?
(a) Smacks Beneatha on the her bottom
(b) Tosses a basketball to his father
(c) Grabs his hat and jacket from a hook
(d) Steps on as many cockroaches as he can
4. Who comes to visit Beneatha in this scene?
(a) Willie Harris
(b) Karl Lindner
(c) Joseph Asagai
(d) George Murchison
5. What does Ruth forbid Travis to do?
(a) Ask his grandmother for money
(b) Turns up the radio so loudly
(c) Wear his baggy jeans to school
(d) Stop on the way to school for gum
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Lee do when he sees the check?
2. What does Ruth announce to Mama and Beneatha?
3. Where does Travis sleep?
4. What does Mama send Travis out to borrow?
5. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)