|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
(a) To become a Queen of the Nile
(b) To buy herself some books
(c) To get herself a good job
(d) To get a ticket to Nigeria
2. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
(a) To the post office
(b) To get her hair done
(c) To see the doctor
(d) To visit a neighbor
3. How does Beneatha's visitor treat Mama?
(a) He is speechless
(b) He tells her jokes
(c) With great respect
(d) He ignores her
4. According to Walter Lee, money is:
5. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Being careless with her money
(b) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
(c) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(d) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Ruth give the abortionist?
2. What is the first thing Ruth does on stage?
3. Which character starts the play on stage?
4. Why does Mama refuse to support Walter Lee's plan to open a liquor store?
5. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)