|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George defines assimilationist Negroes as:
(a) Upper class
(b) Farm hands
(d) Uncle Toms
2. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Being careless with her money
(b) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(c) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(d) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
3. Mama asks Walter Lee if he is:
(a) Seeing another woman
(b) Thinking of suicide
(c) Gambling and drinking
(d) Working too hard
4. What does Mama tell Walter Lee about Ruth?
(a) She works too hard
(b) She needs his love
(c) That she's pregnant
(d) That she's dying
5. What does Mama urge Ruth to do?
(a) Stay home from work to rest
(b) Save money by buying on sale
(c) Buy herself a new outfit
(d) Hurry up and leave for work
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
2. Ruth offers Walter Lee:
3. How does Mama react to Beneatha's statement that God no longer exists?
4. What does Travis do on his way out?
5. What does Mama warn Walter Lee about?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)