|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
(a) Getting up too late to make Travis's bed
(b) Not fixing a hot breakfast for Travis
(c) Being careless with her money
(d) Buckling under to Walter Lee too much
2. What are Mama and Beneatha doing in the beginning of this scene?
(a) Washing dishes
(b) Cleaning the house
(c) Paying bills
(d) Baking bread
3. She puts on a phonograph record of:
(a) Madam Butterfly
(b) African drumming
(c) American folksongs
(d) Nigerian folk music
4. Beneatha thanks Mama for:
(a) Buying groceries
(b) Understanding her
(c) Doing the laundry
(d) Making the bed
5. Where does Mama tell Beneatha that Ruth has gone?
(a) To get her hair done
(b) To see the doctor
(c) To visit a neighbor
(d) To the post office
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the letter they are expecting?
2. Ruth is doing a domestic chore. What is it?
3. What is the time period of the play?
4. Beneatha turns off the radio which was playing:
5. Walter Lee dreams of driving what kind of car?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)