|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beneatha thanks Mama for:
(a) Buying groceries
(b) Making the bed
(c) Understanding her
(d) Doing the laundry
2. What does Walter Lee say when Ruth says she's considering an abortion?
(a) You can't do that
(b) It's a good idea
(c) He says nothing
(d) Let's talk about it
3. She puts on a phonograph record of:
(a) Madam Butterfly
(b) Nigerian folk music
(c) American folksongs
(d) African drumming
4. What is Beneatha's main worry about Ruth's news?
(a) She wonders what will happen when Ruth is gone
(b) She wonders how to pay the medical bills
(c) She wonders where the baby will live
(d) She wonders whether Ruth can get a new job
5. What does Travis do on his way out?
(a) Grabs his hat and jacket from a hook
(b) Smacks Beneatha on the her bottom
(c) Tosses a basketball to his father
(d) Steps on as many cockroaches as he can
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beneatha say she's going out to do?
2. What does Travis bring in for Mama?
3. What is Beneatha's task?
4. Describe Beneatha's new outfit.
5. What does Mama chide Ruth about?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)