Act 1, Scene 1
1. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
(b) In a boarding house in New York City
(c) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(d) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
2. Where does Travis sleep?
(a) In the living room
(b) On the fire escape
(c) In a bedroom off the hall
(d) In the curtained alcove
3. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
(a) It was a storage area
(b) It was a breakfast alcove
(c) It was the dining room
(d) It was a large closet
4. Who makes the first entrance?
5. Which character starts the play on stage?
(d) Walter Lee
6. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1940s through late 1950s
(b) Early 1960s through early1970s
(c) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(d) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
This section contains 3,828 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)