Act 1, Scene 1
1. Where is the action of this play set?
(a) In a boarding house in New York City
(b) In a small apartment in Chicago's Southside
(c) In a quiet house in a Chicago suburb
(d) In an apartment in a small town in Illinois
2. Where does Travis sleep?
(a) In the living room
(b) In the curtained alcove
(c) On the fire escape
(d) In a bedroom off the hall
3. What was the former function of Ruth and Walter Lee's bedroom?
(a) It was a breakfast alcove
(b) It was a storage area
(c) It was the dining room
(d) It was a large closet
4. Who makes the first entrance?
5. Which character starts the play on stage?
(d) Walter Lee
6. What is the time period of the play?
(a) Late 1930s through the late 1940s
(b) Late 1960s through late 1970s
(c) Early 1960s through early1970s
(d) Late 1940s through late 1950s
This section contains 3,828 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)