Act 1, Scene 1
* The Younger family is introduced.
* Walter Lee and Ruth fight about money.
* Beneatha states her intention of going to medical school.
* Lena tells Ruth that she's put a down payment on a house.
Act 1, Scene 2
* Ruth reveals that she is pregnant and considering an abortion.
* Joseph Asagai brings gifts to Beneatha.
* The insurance check arrives.
* Mama and Walter Lee argue about the future.
* Walter Lee reacts without enthusiasm to Ruth's pregnancy.
Act 2, Scene 1
* Beneatha shows off her Nigerian costume to Walter Lee and George's ridicule.
* George and Beneatha leave for the theater.
* Walter Lee and Ruth have a serious talk about their marriage.
* Mama reveals she has bought a house.
Act 2, Scene 2
* George attempts to be romantic with Beneatha.
* Mrs. Johnson visits to gossip.
* Walter explains that he has been depressed and went out driving.
* Mama gives him sixty-five hundred dollars.
Act 2, Scene 3
* Walter Lee dances...
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)