Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
2. What does Mr. Harby give to Ursula on her last day of school?
3. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
4. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
5. How does Anton react when he is away from Ursula after their affair in London and Paris?
Essay Topic 1
1) Compare the characters of Anna and William Brangwen.
2) Which character gives more to their relationship? Explain.
3) How do their views differ on life, marriage and children?
4) Which character is more realistic in his view of life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
A rainbow appears twice in the novel.
1) What is the significance of the rainbow in each of the appearances?
2) What does the rainbow symbolize for the characters who see it?
3) Cite the events happening during each of the sightings of the rainbow.
4) Which characters see the significance of the rainbows?
Essay Topic 3
1) Summarize how D.H. Lawrence uses local color and imagery to describe the Marsh Farm.
2) Cite descriptive examples of the farmhouse, landscape, the barn, and the animals at the farm.
3) Does the imagery Lawrence uses depict a clear and accurate picture of the farm and surrounding landscape?
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)