Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
2. What does Mr. Harby give to Ursula on her last day of school?
3. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
4. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
5. How does Anton react when he is away from Ursula after their affair in London and Paris?
Essay Topic 1
1) What are Anton Skrebensky's views on the responsibilities of the individual in society?
2) Are his views dated or do they still hold true today?
3) Give examples from the novel and from today's world to justify your conclusion.
Essay Topic 2
1) Evaluate the relationship between Tom Brangwen and Winifred Inger.
2) Are they a good match? Explain.
3) How do they interact with one another?
4) What are the qualities of their relationship?
5) Cite examples from the story proving their acceptance of one another for who they are.
Essay Topic 3
1) What is the message Lawrence is trying to convey about life at the end of the Victorian Era and the beginning of the new century?
2) Does she depict a realistic and relevant view of human nature through the Brangwen family?
3) Are the human qualities of each character true to life? Explain.
4) How do the characters convey the everyday struggles of life and relationships?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)