Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
2. What does Mr. Harby give to Ursula on her last day of school?
3. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
4. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
5. How does Anton react when he is away from Ursula after their affair in London and Paris?
Essay Topic 1
1) Discuss how Ursula Brangwen grows as a character from the beginning of the novel to the end.
2) How do her attitudes change toward William, Uncle Tom, Winifred and Anna?
3) How does her attitude about her quest for freedom change throughout the novel?
4) What are the differences in her attitude toward the meaning of life from the beginning to the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
1) Evaluate the relationship between Anna and her mother, Lydia.
2) How does Tom Brangwen affect their relationship with one another?
3) What does her father, Tom Brangwen, wish for Anna's future?
4) How does Anna's attitude toward her mother and stepfather change in the course of the novel?
5) Give examples from the story of how Anna and Lydia interact with one another.
Essay Topic 3
1) Summarize how D.H. Lawrence uses local color and imagery to describe the Marsh Farm.
2) Cite descriptive examples of the farmhouse, landscape, the barn, and the animals at the farm.
3) Does the imagery Lawrence uses depict a clear and accurate picture of the farm and surrounding landscape?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)