Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the thought about Easter and the Resurrection that Lawrence gives the reader?
2. How does Tom Brangwen die after returning home from Nottingham?
3. What is the vision the author gives of life if one looks at the Resurrection as life, not death?
4. Why does Lydia feel sorry for her first husband, Paul Lensky?
5. What does Ursula try to figure out as she lies with a fever in bed?
1) Analyze the changes in Anna Brangwen throughout the novel.
2) What fears and emotions does she experience as the story progresses?
3) How do her attitudes toward individuality, marriage and motherhood change as her character develops?
4) Cite examples of the character changes Anna goes through as her character develops.
A rainbow appears twice in the novel.
1) What is the significance of the rainbow in each of the appearances?
2) What does the rainbow symbolize for the characters who see it?
3) Cite the events happening during each of the sightings of the rainbow.
4) Which characters see the significance of the rainbows?
1) Write an introduction to the novel discussing D.H. Lawrence's writing style, use of dialogue, similes, metaphors, imagery, and point of view of the characters.
2) How do these literary elements affect the story?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)