Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
2. What does Mr. Harby give to Ursula on her last day of school?
3. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
4. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
5. How does Anton react when he is away from Ursula after their affair in London and Paris?
1) Analyze Ursula's coming of age throughout the novel.
2) What fears and emotions does she experience as he grows from childhood to adulthood?
3) How does her outlook on life, education, and love change as she develops from a young girl into a woman?
4) Cite examples of the character changes in Ursula throughout her life.
1) What are Anton Skrebensky's views on the responsibilities of the individual in society?
2) Are his views dated or do they still hold true today?
3) Give examples from the novel and from today's world to justify your conclusion.
1) Compare and contrast the characters of Ursula and Anna.
2) Summarize the impact each character has on the other.
3) How is each character realistic in her view toward life, considering the time period in which the story takes place?
4) How do their roles as women differ? Cite examples from the novel.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)