|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ursula's first impression of Mr. Skrebensky?
2. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
3. What is Skrebensky's view on the role of an individual?
4. What question torments Ursula as she enters womanhood?
5. What is the final question the author asks about the death of Christ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Interpret the feelings Anna and William have for each other when they begin their relationship.
2) Are their emotions authentic? Explain.
3) Are they truthful with each other? Explain.
4) Compare these emotions with how they interact later in the novel, after they are married.
5) What regrets do they have at the end of the novel with regard to their relationship?
6) How does their relationship differ from the first part of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
1) Does Ursula remain true to her ideals of being an individual, responsible for herself, and working in a man's world?
2) What is her final decision with regard to her future?
3) Cite examples from the novel to support the answer.
Essay Topic 3
1) Evaluate the relationship between Tom Brangwen and Winifred Inger.
2) Are they a good match? Explain.
3) How do they interact with one another?
4) What are the qualities of their relationship?
5) Cite examples from the story proving their acceptance of one another for who they are.
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)