|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
(a) The Marsh Farm
(d) The Brangwen Ranch
2. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
(a) Lydia Brangwen
(b) Anna and William
(c) Alfred Brangwen's wife
(d) Tom, Alfred, and Frank Brangwen
3. With whom do the Brangwen girls have a feud?
(a) The vicar's children
(b) The Phillips boys
(c) The schoolteacher
(d) The Phillips girls
4. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
(a) She will remain distant from the children.
(b) She will go through the motions with no enthusiasm.
(c) She will keep a strict classroom.
(d) She will make learning clear, interesting and personal.
5. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
(b) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(c) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(d) He is content with his way of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
2. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
3. What type of child is Gudrun?
4. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
5. What does Anton believe Ursula wants to do to him, even though they are lovers?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)