|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skrebensky's view on the role of an individual?
(a) Each man lives for personal wealth
(b) Each man lives for himself
(c) Each man lives for the good of humanity, not himself.
(d) Each man lives for his own family
2. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
(a) Being a woman
(b) Starting a seamstress business
(c) Hiring someone to take the exam for her
(d) Having a tutor
3. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
(a) She is nervous and self-conscious.
(b) She is embarrassed by her father's crassness.
(c) She is ecstatic, feeling lovely and flamboyant.
(d) She feels ugly and inferior.
4. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
(a) He goes for long walks.
(b) He carves wood.
(c) He rides his horse through the country side.
(d) He visits his local church which he loves.
5. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(b) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(c) She loves other people.
(d) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anton really feeling as he says goodbye to Ursula when he goes off to war?
2. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
3. Who is a great comfort to Ursula while she shrinks away from other people, afraid she is not like them?
4. What is Theresa's temperament?
5. What type of child is Gudrun?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)