|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
(a) She will arrange the party after the wedding.
(b) She will sustain him among all of the people attending the wedding.
(c) She will help him forget his loss of Anna.
(d) She will tell him what he should do during the ceremony.
2. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
(a) If she has a husband
(b) If she would like to go to the tea shop with him
(c) If she goes to college
(d) How old she is
3. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
(a) To know she will get anything she wants from her grandmother
(b) To know her own importance within all those who lived before her
(c) To know that her grandmother loves her
(d) To know she can have all the sweets she wants
4. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
(a) It is to be strictly followed.
(b) It is just a collection of stories.
(c) It is not to be taken literally.
(d) It is to be taken literally.
5. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
(a) He spends all his time at the bar.
(b) He reads throughout the night.
(c) He works day and night.
(d) He becomes closer to Anna and drinks more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is young Tom Brangwen feeling behind his healthy, good looks, and well dressed appearance?
2. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
3. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
4. What is the deep trouble that is between Anna and William?
5. Where does Anna send Ursula and Gudrun when the pettiness of the village children begins to bother them?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)