|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
(b) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(c) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(d) He is content with his way of life.
2. What gives Anna complete happiness and fulfillment?
(a) Visiting her parents
(b) Being a mother
(c) Going to church
(d) Being a wife
3. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(b) The vicar's daughter
(c) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
(d) Tilly's sister
4. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
(b) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(c) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(d) A jewelry box carved with birds
5. Why does Lydia feel sorry for her first husband, Paul Lensky?
(a) Because he had a poor childhood
(b) Because he died old and alone
(c) Because he had no heirs
(d) Because he died young, scarcely living
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
2. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
3. How does Ursula react when her father slaps her across the face for letting the children in the parish room?
4. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
5. What does Ursula hate about her mother?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)