|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
(a) She still resents him.
(b) She grows to love him, spending more time with him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She wants to move away from him with her mother and the baby.
2. What does Ursula think the reason is that Mr. Harby bullies the children and other teachers in the classroom?
(a) It is his method of teaching.
(b) He is out of place at the school.
(c) He enjoys hurting others.
(d) Education is important to him, so he forces it on others.
3. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
(a) When Effie becomes engaged
(b) After the death of their mother
(c) After their father breaks his neck
(d) When Tom gets back from school
4. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They discover they do not love one another.
(b) They realize they do not belong together.
(c) They find fulfillment in each other.
(d) They find they will never know one another.
5. Who invites Anna and William to visit them in Briswell?
(a) Baron Skrebensky and his new wife, Millicent
(b) Frank Brangwen
(c) Alfred Brangwen
(d) Paul Lensky
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
2. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
3. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
4. Why does William begin to hate Anna as she talks to him about the carvings in the cathedral?
5. What is the final question the author asks about the death of Christ?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)