|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the deep trouble that is between Anna and William?
(a) Anna mocks William's religious beliefs.
(b) Anna complains about money.
(c) William dislikes Anna's father.
(d) William won't let Anna go to church.
2. As Anna observes the Skrebensky's relationship, what does she wish for herself?
(a) She wants to be as one person with William.
(b) She wants her own life, not absorbed by William.
(c) She wishes William was more dominant.
(d) She wishes she and William were closer.
3. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(b) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
(c) She loves other people.
(d) She enjoys conversing with other people.
4. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(b) He takes her to her mother.
(c) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(d) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
5. Why does 11-year-old Ursula find it a bother to be the eldest of six children?
(a) Because she has to take three of the six children to school
(b) Because she has to cook every meal
(c) Because she has to wash everyone's clothes
(d) Because she has to homeschool her siblings
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anton really feeling as he says goodbye to Ursula when he goes off to war?
2. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
3. What gives Anna complete happiness and fulfillment?
4. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
5. Who is a great comfort to Ursula while she shrinks away from other people, afraid she is not like them?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)