|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is rough and cruel to her.
(b) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(c) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(d) He is indifferent to his new wife.
2. What angers Anna about Will's attitude at church?
(a) He is overly passionate about the sermon.
(b) He delves into the meaning of the service, ignoring her.
(c) He does not care about mankind.
(d) He is too devout.
3. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) He is having second thoughts about her.
(b) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(c) She is becoming boring.
(d) She is a flame that consumes him.
4. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
(a) After three days of silence and solitude
(b) After three days of constant brandy drinking
(c) After three days of praying
(d) After three days of working in the fields
5. Who is Lydia's comforting friend after Tom's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
2. What does Ursula think the reason is that Mr. Harby bullies the children and other teachers in the classroom?
3. While Anton is away, who does Ursula fall in love with while at school?
4. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
5. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)