|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ursula think the reason is that Mr. Harby bullies the children and other teachers in the classroom?
(a) It is his method of teaching.
(b) Education is important to him, so he forces it on others.
(c) He enjoys hurting others.
(d) He is out of place at the school.
2. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
(a) When she becomes a nurse
(b) When she marries Paul Lensky
(c) At the start of the war
(d) After her two children die of diphtheria
3. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
(a) They become intimate.
(b) Winifred denies the relationship.
(c) Winifred leaves town.
(d) Winifred tells Ursula to stay away.
4. What is Ursula's first impression of Mr. Skrebensky?
(a) He is sure of himself.
(b) He is timid.
(c) He is a buffoon.
(d) He is worried about what others think of him.
5. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
(a) He does not want Lydia as much as he used to.
(b) He wants to be with other women.
(c) Lydia does not want him ever again.
(d) Lydia does not want him as much as he wants her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
2. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
3. Where does Ursula find a teaching position after her parents forbid her to go to Kingston-on-Thames for an interview?
4. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
5. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)