|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
(a) He hopes to make her a lady.
(b) He hopes she will take over the farm someday.
(c) He hopes she will return to Poland when she grows up.
(d) He hopes she will marry a rich man.
2. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
(a) She tells him to get out.
(b) She is enthralled by his new strangeness.
(c) She ignores him completely.
(d) She is afraid of him.
3. Why is Ursula consumed with a fear of herself when she and Anton are in the cornstacks after the wedding?
(a) She has broken Anton, abating his fire.
(b) She is afraid she will say something foolish.
(c) She is afraid of what she might do.
(d) She is afraid she won't be good enough for Anton.
4. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For never wanting to go back to the world
(b) For wanting Anna so much
(c) For shutting himself off from the world
(d) For ignoring Anna
5. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
(b) She is the storm. He is the calm.
(c) She is arrogant. He is humble.
(d) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred do after his father's death?
2. What does Anton write in a letter to Ursula after he goes back to the army?
3. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
4. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
5. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)