|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is slow and meek.
(b) She is quiet, mild-mannered, but indomitable.
(c) She is volatile and quick tempered.
(d) She is active, and athletic.
2. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(b) She tells him she is moving away.
(c) She tells him that she hates her mother.
(d) She tells him that he is not her father.
3. What does Fred do after his father's death?
(a) He moves away from Marsh farm.
(b) He becomes abusive toward his mother.
(c) He becomes depressed and indifferent toward the farm.
(d) He throws himself into restoring the farm.
4. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
(a) Tom and his wife dance in the middle of the parlor.
(b) The men act out the mystery play of St. George.
(c) Anna and will have the first dance.
(d) Anna and William are about to leave.
5. What is Ursula's first impression of Mr. Skrebensky?
(a) He is sure of himself.
(b) He is worried about what others think of him.
(c) He is timid.
(d) He is a buffoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna get along with other children?
2. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
3. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
4. How does William become reborn, learning to be himself and alone?
5. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)