|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
(b) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
(c) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(d) He can't bear that she was married before.
2. What is Skrebensky's view on the role of an individual?
(a) Each man lives for himself
(b) Each man lives for the good of humanity, not himself.
(c) Each man lives for personal wealth
(d) Each man lives for his own family
3. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) Tilly's sister
(b) The vicar's daughter
(d) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
4. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(b) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(c) He is rough and cruel to her.
(d) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
5. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
2. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
3. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
4. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
5. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)