|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks if he can court Anna.
(b) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
(c) He asks for her hand in marriage.
(d) He asks if he can work on the farm.
2. What does Fred do after his father's death?
(a) He moves away from Marsh farm.
(b) He becomes abusive toward his mother.
(c) He throws himself into restoring the farm.
(d) He becomes depressed and indifferent toward the farm.
3. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
(a) She wishes they would come to her with their troubles.
(b) She wishes they would move away.
(c) She wishes she could be more involved in her son's lives.
(d) She wishes for the peace and innocence of age.
4. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(b) She is happy to have a father.
(c) She accepts Tom immediately.
(d) She is glad her mother has a husband.
5. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
(a) He is moody and miserable too.
(b) He keeps the pain at the bottom of his heart and enjoys his life.
(c) He doesn't care that his wife is in misery.
(d) He is always happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Ursula escape from the world of system and work?
2. What gives Anna complete happiness and fulfillment?
3. What subjects do Ursula and Maggie discuss when they are together?
4. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
5. What is Skrebensky's view on the role of an individual?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)