|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
2. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
(b) A jewelry box carved with birds
(c) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(d) Candlesticks with carved flowers
3. What is Ursula's first impression of Mr. Skrebensky?
(a) He is worried about what others think of him.
(b) He is a buffoon.
(c) He is sure of himself.
(d) He is timid.
4. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
(a) The Christmas feast is not as big as usual.
(b) The hope of peace and ecstasy fades away.
(c) Their father is not home.
(d) They did not receive the gifts they hoped for.
5. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
(b) She loves being around other children.
(c) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
(d) She gets along with everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
2. How does William adapt to life as a husband and father of three children?
3. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
4. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
5. Why can't Ursula escape from the world of system and work?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)