|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her friend, Tilly
(b) Her cousin Will
(c) Her real father
(d) Her Uncle Alfred
2. How does Christian life affect the Brangwens?
(a) It is the joy of reaching heaven.
(b) It becomes a mechanical action without real meaning.
(c) It is a constant source of hope.
(d) It is inspirational and fulfilling.
3. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(b) Her stories about Poland
(c) Love and passion
(d) Quiet conversations
4. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
(a) To know her own importance within all those who lived before her
(b) To know she will get anything she wants from her grandmother
(c) To know she can have all the sweets she wants
(d) To know that her grandmother loves her
5. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
(a) When she is with her baby sister
(b) When her mother is in the house
(c) When her father returns home
(d) When the whole family gathers at the table
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
2. What does Ursula hate about her mother?
3. How does Tom feel about his new son?
4. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
5. What is the description of the relationship between Anna and William in this chapter?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)