|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to her mother.
(b) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(c) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(d) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
2. What angers Anna about Will's attitude at church?
(a) He is too devout.
(b) He delves into the meaning of the service, ignoring her.
(c) He is overly passionate about the sermon.
(d) He does not care about mankind.
3. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
(a) He gives them a horse and carriage.
(b) He gives them a cottage in Cossethay.
(c) He gives them a share in the farm.
(d) He gives them his favorite stallion.
4. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
(a) His soul soars up into the church.
(b) He is impressed with the murals.
(c) He is disappointed by the architecture.
(d) He doesn't feel any emotion.
5. Ursula resigns herself to teaching until she can do what?
(a) Find other employment
(b) Take over the farm
(c) Go to college
(d) Get married
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Anton Skrebensky back to the Marsh farm after he returns to the army?
2. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
3. What is young Tom Brangwen feeling behind his healthy, good looks, and well dressed appearance?
4. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
5. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)