|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
(a) She wishes she could be more involved in her son's lives.
(b) She wishes they would come to her with their troubles.
(c) She wishes for the peace and innocence of age.
(d) She wishes they would move away.
2. Where does Anna send Ursula and Gudrun when the pettiness of the village children begins to bother them?
(a) To the grammar school in Nottingham
(b) To Cossethay College
(c) To grammar school in London
(d) To their grandmothers for home schooling
3. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
(a) He ignores her in favor of Gudrun.
(b) He begins to hate Ursula.
(c) He takes her to his heart.
(d) Everything Ursula does irritates him.
4. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She accepts Tom immediately.
(b) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(c) She is happy to have a father.
(d) She is angry, wanting to move away.
5. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
(a) To the church hall for dinner and dancing
(b) To the pub for drinks
(c) To Alfred Brangwen's house for a reception
(d) To the Marsh farm for a large meal
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
2. What conclusion does Ursula come to about men and love?
3. What is Anna unable to tell William for four days, while they battle with each other?
4. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
5. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)