|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
(a) An opera in Cossethay
(b) A bungalow on the Soar
(c) A café in Nottingham
(d) A play in London
2. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For never wanting to go back to the world
(b) For wanting Anna so much
(c) For ignoring Anna
(d) For shutting himself off from the world
3. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
(a) The Christmas feast is not as big as usual.
(b) Their father is not home.
(c) They did not receive the gifts they hoped for.
(d) The hope of peace and ecstasy fades away.
4. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) Everyone needs other people
(b) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
(c) No one can be happy alone.
(d) Go on with life by yourself
5. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
(a) Being a woman
(b) Starting a seamstress business
(c) Having a tutor
(d) Hiring someone to take the exam for her
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does William suffer behind his bright face?
2. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
3. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
4. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
5. What is the response of Ursula's mother when Ursula says that she wants to have an equal place with men in the field of action and work?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)