|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is spending more time with Tom.
(b) She is always singing and sewing.
(c) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(d) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
2. What does Anton write in a letter to Ursula after he goes back to the army?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He doesn't want to see her anymore.
(c) He might have to go to war in South Africa.
(d) He loves her.
3. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) He is above average in all his studies
(b) He is the best reader in the class.
(c) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(d) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
4. Who invites Anna and William to visit them in Briswell?
(a) Baron Skrebensky and his new wife, Millicent
(b) Paul Lensky
(c) Alfred Brangwen
(d) Frank Brangwen
5. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
(a) His father feels he is ready to take on the responsibility
(b) His father falls off the stack, breaking his neck.
(c) His brother, Alfred, tells his he has to do the farming.
(d) His mother forces him to do the farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
2. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
3. Who is a great comfort to Ursula while she shrinks away from other people, afraid she is not like them?
4. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
5. How does William become reborn, learning to be himself and alone?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)