|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the vision the author gives of life if one looks at the Resurrection as life, not death?
(a) Those who have died are corrupted.
(b) Those who have died never rise again.
(c) Those who have died are bodiless.
(d) Those who have risen will walk again in a perfect body among men.
2. What is Ursula's impression of the colliers when she and Winifred go to her Uncle Tom's house in Wiggiston?
(a) They are friendly and happy.
(b) They are crude and angry.
(c) They seem like creatures without hope.
(d) They are dirty and poorly dressed.
3. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
(a) To the pub for drinks
(b) To the Marsh farm for a large meal
(c) To Alfred Brangwen's house for a reception
(d) To the church hall for dinner and dancing
4. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
(a) The motives of joy and miracles
(b) A combination of suffering and redemption
(c) A mix of death and afterlife
(d) The motives of fear and love
5. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
(a) She resents the relationship.
(b) She ignores both parents.
(c) She feels alone and unsafe.
(d) She finds peace and can be a child now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
2. What is Theresa's temperament?
3. Why does Ursula's face get a strange, scared look at this time in her life?
4. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
5. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)