|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
(a) An opera in Cossethay
(b) A café in Nottingham
(c) A play in London
(d) A bungalow on the Soar
2. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
(a) It is to be taken literally.
(b) It is to be strictly followed.
(c) It is not to be taken literally.
(d) It is just a collection of stories.
3. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He nods his head and heads for home.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
(d) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
4. During her two weeks in Wiggiston, what is Ursula's attitude toward Winifred and her Uncle Tom?
(a) She learns from them.
(b) They repulse her.
(c) She loves them both.
(d) They inspire her.
5. How does William adapt to life as a husband and father of three children?
(a) He loves the large family and wishes for more children.
(b) He revels in his life as a father and husband.
(c) It wears him down, making him haggard and irritable.
(d) He is the happiest he has ever been.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
2. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
3. Why does Lydia feel sorry for her first husband, Paul Lensky?
4. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
5. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)