|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) She is becoming boring.
(b) He is having second thoughts about her.
(c) She is a flame that consumes him.
(d) She will make a wonderful home maker.
2. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(b) He can't bear that she was married before.
(c) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
(d) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
3. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
(b) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He nods his head and heads for home.
4. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(b) She is indifferent to him.
(c) She finds him annoying.
(d) She finds him stupid and useless.
5. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
(a) She ignores both parents.
(b) She feels alone and unsafe.
(c) She resents the relationship.
(d) She finds peace and can be a child now.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
2. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
3. How does Anna get along with other children?
4. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
5. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)