|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(b) He is content with his way of life.
(c) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(d) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
2. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
(b) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
(c) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(d) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
3. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) He is the best reader in the class.
(b) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(c) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(d) He is above average in all his studies
4. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
(b) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
(c) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(d) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
5. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She accepts Tom immediately.
(b) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(c) She is happy to have a father.
(d) She is glad her mother has a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
2. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
3. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
4. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
5. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)