|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
(a) He wants to be with other women.
(b) Lydia does not want him ever again.
(c) Lydia does not want him as much as he wants her.
(d) He does not want Lydia as much as he used to.
2. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
(b) Tilly's sister
(d) The vicar's daughter
3. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She screams hysterically.
(b) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
(c) She kicks and screams.
(d) She becomes quiet and still.
4. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He does not want Anna.
(b) He wants her desperately.
(c) He loves Anna.
(d) He doesn't care for Anna.
5. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She is happy to have a father.
(b) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(c) She accepts Tom immediately.
(d) She is glad her mother has a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
2. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
3. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
4. How does Anna get along with other children?
5. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)