|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
(a) He reads throughout the night.
(b) He becomes closer to Anna and drinks more.
(c) He works day and night.
(d) He spends all his time at the bar.
2. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
(a) The Marsh Farm
(d) The Brangwen Ranch
3. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to her mother.
(b) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(c) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(d) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
4. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(b) A jewelry box carved with birds
(c) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(d) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
5. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They find fulfillment in each other.
(b) They discover they do not love one another.
(c) They find they will never know one another.
(d) They realize they do not belong together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
2. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
3. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
4. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
5. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)