|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She becomes silent and distant.
(b) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(c) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(d) She is full of life and laughter.
2. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her cousin Will
(b) Her real father
(c) Her Uncle Alfred
(d) Her friend, Tilly
3. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(b) Baron Skrebensky
4. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He worries about the farm and finances.
(b) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(c) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(d) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
5. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(b) He can't bear that she was married before.
(c) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
(d) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna get along with other children?
2. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
3. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
4. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
5. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)