|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(b) He just wants it to be over.
(c) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(d) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
2. How does Tom feel about his new son?
(a) He wishes he had a baby girl instead.
(b) He adores his new son and wants to hold him constantly.
(c) He loves Anna more than his own son.
(d) He loves his son more than his step-daughter, Anna.
3. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She becomes quiet and still.
(b) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
(c) She screams hysterically.
(d) She kicks and screams.
4. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) He is having second thoughts about her.
(b) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(c) She is becoming boring.
(d) She is a flame that consumes him.
5. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
(a) He is always happy.
(b) He doesn't care that his wife is in misery.
(c) He is moody and miserable too.
(d) He keeps the pain at the bottom of his heart and enjoys his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
2. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
3. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
4. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
5. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)