|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He wants her desperately.
(b) He loves Anna.
(c) He does not want Anna.
(d) He doesn't care for Anna.
2. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
(a) More people are getting married and having children
(b) There is a goldrush.
(c) The Midland Railway comes down the valley.
(d) The town offers public education
3. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(b) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(c) She is full of life and laughter.
(d) She becomes silent and distant.
4. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
(b) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
(c) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(d) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
5. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(d) Baron Skrebensky
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
2. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
3. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
4. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
5. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)