|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at church.
(b) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(c) She meets him at the market.
(d) She meets him on the road near his house.
2. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(b) She falls in love with the vicar.
(c) She decides to move back to Poland.
(d) She lives through her daughter.
3. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) He is having second thoughts about her.
(b) She is becoming boring.
(c) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(d) She is a flame that consumes him.
4. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(a) Love and passion
(c) Her stories about Poland
(d) Quiet conversations
5. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him she is moving away.
(b) She tells him that she hates her mother.
(c) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(d) She tells him that he is not her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
2. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
3. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
4. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
5. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)