|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her cousin Will
(b) Her friend, Tilly
(c) Her real father
(d) Her Uncle Alfred
2. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They find fulfillment in each other.
(b) They find they will never know one another.
(c) They discover they do not love one another.
(d) They realize they do not belong together.
3. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) He is above average in all his studies
(b) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(c) He is the best reader in the class.
(d) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
4. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Class and virtue
(b) Education and experience
(c) Wealth and power
(d) Heritage and money
5. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
(b) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(c) He can't bear that she was married before.
(d) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna get along with other children?
2. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
3. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
4. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
5. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)