|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
(a) The Marsh Farm
(b) The Brangwen Ranch
2. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(b) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
(c) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
(d) He can't bear that she was married before.
3. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(b) She finds him annoying.
(c) She is indifferent to him.
(d) She finds him stupid and useless.
4. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
5. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(b) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
(c) A jewelry box carved with birds
(d) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
2. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
3. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
4. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
5. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)