|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) He is above average in all his studies
(b) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(c) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(d) He is the best reader in the class.
2. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks if he can court Anna.
(b) He asks if he can work on the farm.
(c) He asks for her hand in marriage.
(d) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
3. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
(a) She feels alone and unsafe.
(b) She finds peace and can be a child now.
(c) She ignores both parents.
(d) She resents the relationship.
4. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to her mother.
(b) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(c) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(d) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
5. How does Tom feel about his new son?
(a) He adores his new son and wants to hold him constantly.
(b) He loves Anna more than his own son.
(c) He wishes he had a baby girl instead.
(d) He loves his son more than his step-daughter, Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
2. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
3. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
4. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
5. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)