|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(b) She is spending more time with Tom.
(c) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(d) She is always singing and sewing.
2. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He loves Anna.
(b) He doesn't care for Anna.
(c) He wants her desperately.
(d) He does not want Anna.
3. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at church.
(b) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(c) She meets him on the road near his house.
(d) She meets him at the market.
4. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(b) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
(c) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
(d) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
5. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She loves other people.
(b) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
(c) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(d) She enjoys conversing with other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
2. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
3. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
4. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
5. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)