|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks if he can court Anna.
(b) He asks if he can work on the farm.
(c) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
(d) He asks for her hand in marriage.
2. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
(a) He works day and night.
(b) He spends all his time at the bar.
(c) He becomes closer to Anna and drinks more.
(d) He reads throughout the night.
3. How does Tom feel about his new son?
(a) He loves his son more than his step-daughter, Anna.
(b) He loves Anna more than his own son.
(c) He wishes he had a baby girl instead.
(d) He adores his new son and wants to hold him constantly.
4. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
(a) The Marsh Farm
(b) The Brangwen Ranch
5. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Wealth and power
(b) Heritage and money
(c) Education and experience
(d) Class and virtue
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
2. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
3. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
4. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
5. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)