|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(b) He is rough and cruel to her.
(c) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(d) He is indifferent to his new wife.
2. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) She is becoming boring.
(b) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(c) He is having second thoughts about her.
(d) She is a flame that consumes him.
3. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him she is moving away.
(b) She tells him that she hates her mother.
(c) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(d) She tells him that he is not her father.
4. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(b) He is the best reader in the class.
(c) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(d) He is above average in all his studies
5. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(b) He is content with his way of life.
(c) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(d) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
2. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
3. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
4. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
5. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)