|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) The new movement begun in Russia
(b) The joys of marriage
(c) The obedience of Polish citizens
(d) A traditional Polish couple
2. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(b) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
(c) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
(d) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
3. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(b) She is happy to have a father.
(c) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(d) She accepts Tom immediately.
4. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel more at ease in public.
(b) They would feel less intimidated.
(c) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(d) They would feel more successful with their lives.
5. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
(b) She kicks and screams.
(c) She screams hysterically.
(d) She becomes quiet and still.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
2. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
3. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
4. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
5. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)