|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
(a) She ignores both parents.
(b) She feels alone and unsafe.
(c) She resents the relationship.
(d) She finds peace and can be a child now.
2. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(a) Love and passion
(b) Her stories about Poland
(d) Quiet conversations
3. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(b) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(c) She is happy to have a father.
(d) She accepts Tom immediately.
4. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
(a) There is a goldrush.
(b) The Midland Railway comes down the valley.
(c) The town offers public education
(d) More people are getting married and having children
5. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
(b) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
(c) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
(d) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
2. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
3. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
4. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
5. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)