|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She lives through her daughter.
(b) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(c) She falls in love with the vicar.
(d) She decides to move back to Poland.
2. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He does not want Anna.
(b) He wants her desperately.
(c) He loves Anna.
(d) He doesn't care for Anna.
3. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(b) They would feel less intimidated.
(c) They would feel more successful with their lives.
(d) They would feel more at ease in public.
4. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
(b) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(c) She loves other people.
(d) She enjoys conversing with other people.
5. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't bear that she was married before.
(b) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
(c) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(d) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
2. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
3. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
4. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
5. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)