|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She is happy to have a father.
(b) She accepts Tom immediately.
(c) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(d) She is glad her mother has a husband.
2. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(b) She is full of life and laughter.
(c) She becomes silent and distant.
(d) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
3. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) She finds him stupid and useless.
(b) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(c) She finds him annoying.
(d) She is indifferent to him.
4. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
(b) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
(c) He can't bear that she was married before.
(d) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
5. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
(b) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(c) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(d) He just wants it to be over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
2. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
3. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
4. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
5. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)