Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ursula's reaction after boys from her class throw stones at her in the street?
(a) She asks the boys in the class who threw the stones.
(b) She begs the children to work hard.
(c) She becomes hard and impersonal.
(d) She gives up on her teaching job.
2. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) She is indifferent to him.
(b) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(c) She finds him stupid and useless.
(d) She finds him annoying.
3. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
(b) He asks if he can work on the farm.
(c) He asks if he can court Anna.
(d) He asks for her hand in marriage.
4. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
(a) Because it keeps him from work
(b) Because he likes to get away from home
(c) Because they are glowing and full of life
(d) Because he misses Anna
5. What is Ursula's view on school and forcing children to learn?
(a) She feels it is unnatural and stupid.
(b) She thinks it is a wonderful opportunity for children
(c) She thinks it is useful in the world.
(d) She feels it is necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of child is Gudrun?
2. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
3. What does Mr. Harby give to Ursula on her last day of school?
4. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
5. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)