Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
(a) They look out the window and join in the singing.
(b) They hold each other close, no longer hearing the voices.
(c) They go to another room, so they won't hear the singing.
(d) They become angry, wishing the men would leave.
2. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(b) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(c) He is rough and cruel to her.
(d) He is indifferent to his new wife.
3. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She becomes silent and distant.
(b) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(c) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(d) She is full of life and laughter.
4. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He just wants it to be over.
(b) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(c) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(d) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
5. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) Everyone needs other people
(b) Go on with life by yourself
(c) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
(d) No one can be happy alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
2. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
3. What is the description of the relationship between Anna and William in this chapter?
4. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
5. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)