Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(b) She finds him annoying.
(c) She finds him stupid and useless.
(d) She is indifferent to him.
2. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He nods his head and heads for home.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
(d) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
3. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him that he is not her father.
(b) She tells him that she hates her mother.
(c) She tells him she is moving away.
(d) She tells him that she is never getting married.
4. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She decides to move back to Poland.
(b) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(c) She lives through her daughter.
(d) She falls in love with the vicar.
5. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They discover they do not love one another.
(b) They find they will never know one another.
(c) They realize they do not belong together.
(d) They find fulfillment in each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna get along with other children?
2. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
3. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
4. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
5. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)